Old 07-29-2008, 03:06 PM   #31  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Height: 5'5"

Congrats RED TEAM Good work!
Old 07-29-2008, 03:16 PM   #32  

MonteCristo - Way to go on Maintaining!!! Great philosophy!
Old 07-29-2008, 04:07 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 235/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Hey red teamies
Im sorry ive been mia...i have been out of town for a while now and have no net access.
I will be going home tomorrow, so am hoping to catch up with you all this weekend.
I left hubby and drove 12 hours to get away and think about our marriage and lifestyle...and to see if it will help him to make some changes....
I will be going away for another 2 weeks on the weekend but willl have net access so I can participate for the last week on here!
Thanks for all your support, Reds, i think of you daily even though i cant be here....
I am going for a walk today, but havent been to the gym for a week or two...
bye for now
Karla
Old 07-29-2008, 06:09 PM   #34  
~One Day At A Time~

S/C/G: 301.2/Ticker/250

Height: 5 6"

Hey there

First I want to give a HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to Roni for being BIGGEST LOSER OF THE WEEK!!!!!!!!! YOU ROCK GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

: cp:

I'm back on track and doing good . Today is day two of being 100% OP! I feel like I'm going through a detox....LOL! Today we decided to take the kids to Sesame Place Labor Day weekend. Were gonna leave on that Friday and come home Monday September 1st. I'm so excited!!!! I want to enjoy myself and have fun with the kids. I don't want to be this unhappy overweight person whose doing nothing to lose weight so I'm really motivated and I'm gonna set a weight loss goal for myself. I'm thinking 260 is an achievable goal??? I would have to lose 4.6 lbs a week. What do you guys think? I have 5 weeks before we leave.

Muse~ Thank you! I have to learn to come here when I'm struggling. I hide out for some crazy reason. I guess I'm in denial when I do that.

Melissa~ I'm glad to hear your feeling better! Allergies are a killer!

Heather~ Thank you! Your so funny ..You can beat some sense into me if ya want. Lord knows I need it...LOL!

Vanetta~ I do that all the time! I think I get so goal obsessed that I really stress myself out and fall off the wagon. You can do it!

MonteCristo~ Great Philosophy! I never thought of it that way. Thanks for sharing!

Karla~ I'm so sorry to hear about what your going through right now. Hang in there, things will start to look up
Old 07-29-2008, 06:26 PM   #35  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Diva - GREAT work this week!!!!

Team - you guys are AWESOME!!! I'm so proud of you! ANOTHER GREAT WEEK!

Maybe this thread is finally "clicking". Seems like we are getting in a "groove" that is comfortable and supportive and producing results. A BIG thanks to everyone that takes the time to do personals. You really are the "glue" that keeps us together as a team!!!

Hun - you have been a awesome team leader! With all the challenges you are facing - dang, girl - you ROCK!
Old 07-29-2008, 06:36 PM   #36  

MonteCristo – Good philosophy and way to stay positive. I see it on here a lot, people use a plateau to “practice” maintenance.

Karla – I’ve taken a few of those trips myself -- last summer I took a long weekend with my kids to a family wedding which was my “final” trip before I made my decision – apparently the mention of the “D” word before I left was enough to shape my husband up – it’s been amazing here ever since. We still have our issues – but at least now I feel like I matter and my opinion counts too. Good luck. I read somewhere that you have to decide if you life would be better with our without that person and go from there.

Lonnie – Let me know how Sesame Place goes – we keep talking about it but haven’t gone – someone told me it was actually geared more toward the older kids (8 or up) than the younger, that’s kind of why we’ve been putting it off. However, we have been running into problems the last two years because of the kid’s size – I have a 5 and an 8 year old (nine next week) – but the 8 year old is already 5’ 2” – so he can’t do a lot of kid rides that his brother can.

Today was my first day back on track and I’m in “detox” too – I actually was shaking right before dinner because I think the last few days I had added 5 pounds of sugar to my system and it doesn’t want to go away without a fight!!

Is it true, did we win this week?!!! Yeah Red Team -- we may not be the overall biggest losers in the end -- but if you get points for effort -- I think we take the "cake"!!

Hope everyone has a nice evening

Last edited by shelby897; 07-29-2008 at 06:37 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:15 PM   #37  
vanity0326

S/C/G: 257/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Default Great job, Red Team!

I am working on the big push for the finish! Today, though, I went way under my calories, which is not a good thing but I am feeling so full I don't think I can make up the 400 I need. I think I am not going to put flaxseed in my morning yogurt anymore. lol

Toni
Old 07-29-2008, 10:48 PM   #38  
Takin' charge of my life!

Great job red team!!! Congrats Roni on being TBL for the week!!!

Wow ~ talk about confused, I was trying to figure out why I couldn't "Quick Reply" on Thread #9! haha then I saw the "Closed" box...doooh

I'm back on track!!!
Monday I went to the gym and did 30 minutes of lap swim.
Today I went with a friend of mine to her and her son's martial arts classes. My son participated in her son's class, and I participated in the adult class with my friend. It was a good hour long workout. I would continue to do it if they had a location closer to where I live. At this point I am looking forward to continuing to do boot camp with Marty & Amy.

In 75 days I will be heading to Arizona. My goal is to drop 35 pounds in 75 days. This is going to be a little bit of a task, but I hope to do so. It will be hard when this challenge is over and we have to wait until the next season of TBL. I'm hoping we will have a chat going along with challenges like we did during the last break.

I'm debating now, or should I say trying to talk my hubby into letting me go on a cruise in January. That's right, I want to go without him...mainly because he would never ever go...he hates the ocean and boats. Besides that, the cruise I want to go on is going to focus on health & wellness. There have been so many people from MPMU talking about doing reunion cruises but I don't want to do the reunion cruises. I didn't really form a bond with anyone from MPMU except for local people and people I knew from here (Melissa & Danielle). This cruise is put on by local people who have "been there done that" and are certified person trainers We'll see if I get to do this. Hubby wants me to put the money away toward our moving expenses, but I think this would be a once in a lifetime opportunity. We'll see.....

Monte ~ I had that same revelation a few weeks back...If I can manage to not gain I am happy with maintaining. Granted I would love to see the numbers go down, but I also know that I can not expect a loss every week and if the numbers stay the same instead of going up, I know that I am doing something right and have learned how to maintain.

Last edited by Andi18; 07-29-2008 at 10:50 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:05 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 263/243/150

Height: 5"6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCristo View Post
I just had a thought that I'd like to share. I've been a little bit discouraged lately as I seem to have hit a plateau. Of course, this happens from time to time with all of us, but you have to admit that it can be discouraging. Anyway, here is the thought that just popped into my head while I was browsing around the sight. I'm not "stuck" here, I'm maintaining. Maintaining is a good thing. My body isn't refusing to lose additional weight, I'm successfully maintaining an incredible (for me) amount of weightloss.

So that's my tidbit of philosophy for the day!!

I love this philosophy. I get discouraged too not seeing the scale move, but really, it's a good reminder, maintaining is an awesome accomplishment in itself.

Oh yea...GO RED TEAM!!!...Yay, we won this week! Also, congratulations to Diva on being a big loser
Old 07-29-2008, 11:12 PM   #40  
~One Day At A Time~

S/C/G: 301.2/Ticker/250

Height: 5 6"

Can I just ask....What in the world is PLURK??! I see alot of you mentioning it and I see "plurk me" in signatures so I signed up but I have no idea how it works or what to do...LOL!
Old 07-29-2008, 11:15 PM   #41  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTimeIsDifferent View Post
Can I just ask....What in the world is PLURK??! I see alot of you mentioning it and I see "plurk me" in signatures so I signed up but I have no idea how it works or what to do...LOL!
It takes a bit to get used to but it's basically a multi person instant messanger. Sorta like twitter if you're familiar. as you post stuff anyone that is your friend can see it and comment on it. You will see your friends' postings (or plurks). There is also the ability to private plurk to just one or more people. We need to know your page so we can add you. Though it's addictive as **** so you've officially been warned.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:14 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 263/243/150

Height: 5"6'

Lonnie, I was wondering the same thing about plurk...lol.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:55 AM   #43  
Takin' charge of my life!

okay, I signed up for plurk. Addict me away! hahaha same user name as here should make it easy
Old 07-30-2008, 08:48 AM   #44  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Height: 5'7"

Andi I dont' see you? If you look on your page there should be something that says share your plurk page and a link below it like this: http://plurk.com/redeemByURL?from_ui...=893380988&s=1
Old 07-30-2008, 09:11 AM   #45  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Thanks again everyone!

UGH! I am totally addicted to Plurk, and just when I tell myself, okay girly, time to ween yourself off of Plurk, then more of my favorite peeps join! D@mn you all! HA! I just sounded like Stewey from Family Guy in my head.....moving on...

I have had a horrible time sleeping for the past couple of weeks, I swear. 4 to 5 hours a night tops! grrrrr. It's taking it's toll on me. I feel so drained and exhausted. I am still going to the GYM though, prolly won't push myself as hard so we'll see. I'd do personals but this lack of sleep has me completely scatterbrained, but I have read everything I promise. A couple things stood out:

Lonnie, WTG on getting your butt back on track! keep it up gf!

& Monty, Thats a very positive way to look at it. I think I shall try that too!

Mel, saw on Plurk about your Grand dad (in law was it?). I am so sorry. What a sad situation.

Y'all, my kitty Punkin is getting fixed today, so a few extra prayers would be appreciated. It gives me anxiety when my babies have to go through this. Not to mention it was THIS time 3 yrs ago when I lost the love of my life kitty, Stimpy, unexpectedly, and I still can't think about it w/out crying, so I am a bit stressed today. Punkin is the first boy kitty I've had since Stimpy past away, and I LOVE him so much. I don't think I could handle it if anything happened to him. And YES, I know Punkin is a girl name, but we thought Punks was a girl until his little youknow whats popped out. LOL!