Old 08-03-2008, 11:37 AM   #106  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

WOOOHOOO Lonnie!!!! Excellent job this week!! Keep up the fantastic work girl its all gonna pay off!!!

Kara....do I know you?

Kelly...have you tried hula hooping on there yet?!

Ugh, I've got the worst headache this morning. The plan is to go huckleberry picking but I dunno if the rest of the crew will ever get their lazy butts out of bed. I may just have to go on a bike ride by myself to the park, find a tree and read!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!
Old 08-03-2008, 12:27 PM   #107  

Kelly - sounds like you've been having fun with your Wii. If I had Wii, my Mii would probably be in the hospital due to my clumsiness!

Lonnie - Congrats on the great numbers!

Roni - Been there, done that. I'm sorry you had such a rough night. The binge was yesterday. Today is a new day. You've been doing so great! You can do this. Just remember to get back on track today.

Mel - how are you doing this fine morning?

I had a rough food day yesterday too. Went out to eat with my sis and nephew and just over did it. Oh well. Today is a new day for me too.
Old 08-03-2008, 12:35 PM   #108  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
WOW Lonnie! WTG girl! 4.4 lbs in one week is awesome! I think we all are addicted to Plurk! I actually have to avoid going sometimes so I can get chit done around here! LOL! Someone needs to tell the BLACK team to get to plurking!
http://www.plurk.com/user/Manick

I wanna plurk with y'all! Thanks Diva! I need the inspiration till the next challenge starts...and besides...I could use another addiction in my life...couldn't we all?

Drink lots of water today! Have you tried water with a splash of real cranberry and some lemon juice? Jillian's recipe? It helps with water retention. The "Just Cranberry" is expensive but it last a long time as you only need a Tablespoon or 2 per bottle of water.

Happy Sunday RED team!
Old 08-03-2008, 02:17 PM   #109  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Wooo hooo! Welcome to Plurk Manick! It's my evil plan to have all of black plurking too! along with the red team, of course!

Last edited by Diva; 08-03-2008 at 02:18 PM.
Old 08-03-2008, 03:56 PM   #110  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

S/C/G: Year 2010: 149.8/145/130

Height: 5'6"

hi...been busy this weekend trying to finish the quilt for hubby that i started last year..lol trying to get it in the mail tomorrow to send him so he can enjoy it while in MD for 2 months...he has no clue what it looks like all he knows is i am making him a quilt. lol so he'll be surprised once he gets to see it
it has black borders on both sides, the back is penguin fabric. and the front is red, yellow, and blue large squares with about 4 pictures of our family in each block (the colors are meant to represent the red/white/blue but yellow doesnt show thru as much as white, plus yellow could stand for supporting my hubby in his service). and the center block is black (to be the focus) with an enlarged pic of us in our wedding attire. it's tedious getting the blanket in/out of the machine to quilt the inside, but dont want it to get lumpy if he washs it.
he's excited its almost done. and said he will love it no matter what it looks like since it was made from the heart just for him...
well i hope to put a loss in for this week, today i was down a little from last week..but hoping tomorrow is a little lower lol need to get in some sort of routine and get the last few pesky pounds off...
well today will be all about getting this quilt done and in the mail tomorrow. i plan to take pics so everyone can see my first sewing machine project just can't email or put them on myspace just in case he gets online before it arrives LOL

Last edited by ArmyWife02; 08-03-2008 at 03:58 PM.
Old 08-03-2008, 04:20 PM   #111  

Mandey -- I've been quilting for a long time, but only baby one's lately (so much faster!!). That quilt sounds absolutely beautiful and I prefer giving them to people who understand all the darn work involved! I'm sure your husband will love it and it will make him feel closer to home! Make sure you spritz a little of your favorite perform on it!!

Roni -- Hope today is better for you -- we've all been there -- the best thing you can do is get right back on track

Lonnie -- Way to kick butt this week! Congrats on the hugh loss! Awesome way to wind down the challenge.

Hey to everyone -- hope you are doing well. I'm so far drifted from my WW it isn't funny, but I'm still losing (just a little bit). Thank god I've become a lot more active or I know I would be gaining!!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Old 08-03-2008, 06:31 PM   #112  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby897 View Post
Mandey -- I've been quilting for a long time, but only baby one's lately (so much faster!!). That quilt sounds absolutely beautiful and I prefer giving them to people who understand all the darn work involved! I'm sure your husband will love it and it will make him feel closer to home! Make sure you spritz a little of your favorite perform on it!!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Yep, I plan to put perfume on it lol
I started it last summer when I was visiting family in GA and the helped some (mainly by teaching me how to use the sewing machine mom bought me)...and I was 'stuck' trying to figure out the rest once I got back home. and i kept saying i'll do it but didn't have time., i did just was scared of it. well i was suuposed to have it completed in time to send to hubby in iraq last year when it got cold...needless to say i didnt get it done. but i will have it done soon. he thinks i'll never finish it (cuz i am good at starting things but never finishing them)....and we've had our share of issues lately before he left for MD for 2 months, and we're better now, but still want him to feel like we still miss and love him whether he be in another state or another country....i'll take pics and photobucket them and post them in here when i'm done overall i think it turned out pretty good, especailly considering this was my first quilt and first major thing doing on the sewing machine
Old 08-04-2008, 03:56 AM   #113  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

Default Brian's Quilt

I finished Brian's quilt at about 2am...right now I have it in the wash (gentle cycle) to soften it up and to make sure it's made well enough to stay in one piece LOL so we'll see how it comes out
I tried to make it a little bigger than twin, so it would fit over his bed when he's deployed or away at school and we cant be with him....but the pics are taken with it laying on top of my Queen bed, so it's almost as big as the top of a Queen mattress...should fit him (6'3") in a twin bed...
here's the pictures i took before i put it in the washer, the front (pics on color blocks) and the back (Penguins - his fav animal).
all the pics are here: http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o...s%20Quilt/

Update: it went thru the washer fine...but i wasnt thinking and put it in the dryer...well it's dry now, but the pics are faded some and lots have curled off the fabric or came off....so need to go to walmart for more fabric paper and reprint more pics and reiron them on....so might take an extra day or two before i can mail it to him...will tell him i need a few extra days to finish it the next time he calls...grrrr i cant believe i did that...well, staying up till 5am two days in a row and lack of sleep, maybe i can believe it. lol

FRONT:

BACK:

Last edited by ArmyWife02; 08-04-2008 at 06:05 AM.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:48 AM   #114  
~One Day At A Time~

S/C/G: 301.2/Ticker/250

Height: 5 6"

Morning!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/images/icon/icon3.gif
Lightbulb
Nothing much going on over here today. Another BORING, HOT Monday...LOL!

I'm anxious to see if we won the weigh in this week

Roni~ I love Gilad Bodies In Motion!! I used to do the exercises every morning for like 3 or 4 months but then they took it off TV. I like how his exercises start with a few minutes of cardio and then go to strength train and not to mention the beautiful beach scenery! I wish it was still on! On another note....I'm sorry your stressed . You have been doing so good! You've even inspired me to get off my but and motivate. It's Monday, a new week don't let one day of stress eating get to you. You'll make up for it when you work out today. You can do this

Melissa~ Did you get to go Huckleberry picking? I wish I had the guts to go ride my bike by myself and sit by a tree and read. I'm way to chicken! I'm always afraid of the crazy phsyco's in this world. I wont even walk in the park by myself.

Karen~ Good Morning. How are you?

shelby897~ Atleast your still losing. You must be doing something right

A HUGE THANK YOU to those of you who congratulated me on my loss yesterday!!!! You guys are great!

Old 08-04-2008, 08:51 AM   #115  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Hi Ladies! I'm back from the reunion, but I'm way backed up at work, so I don't have time to chat. Keep up the good work, and Congrats to Lonnie for the spectacular loss this week!!
Old 08-04-2008, 09:08 AM   #116  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Mandy..great job on the quilts! Funny you should share those this morning because I'm totally thinking of a fundraiser for school where each class does a panel and we make a quilt out of them. If only I could find some quilters to donate time!

Lonnie...we did go picking, got a load too! No bears either so a successful day!

Shelby....Yay!!! Great job on losing, you must be using the WW mentality even if you are not following it to a T. Keep up the good work!

Karen...things are good. I'll catch you on chat later on to explain!

Okay Red team, after todays weigh in deadline we have ONE week left of this challenge!! Lets finish it off with a bang shall we!! We kinda struggled to get those Red WINS this round but I know if we all work at it we can end on a high note!! We can do this!!!

Have a fantastic day!!
Old 08-04-2008, 09:14 AM   #117  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Height: 5'7"

Hey girls just popping in to say Hi. I've got a busy week at work as I'm off the following two weeks! Woot!
I'm struggling with my 200s. It's an old pattern - I get close to breaking into onderland and I sorta sabotage myself. First it's the slacking off at the gym then not making great food decisions and then I spiral back up to the 240s. Anyway I've identified it this time and I'm not going to let it happen damnit! So after a weekend of less then great decisions back with a mission today! One weekend is not going to derail anyone!
Old 08-04-2008, 09:23 AM   #118  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Chick B Gone View Post
I'm struggling with my 200s. It's an old pattern - I get close to breaking into onderland and I sorta sabotage myself. First it's the slacking off at the gym then not making great food decisions and then I spiral back up to the 240s. Anyway I've identified it this time and I'm not going to let it happen damnit! So after a weekend of less then great decisions back with a mission today! One weekend is not going to derail anyone!

Heather - this is what we call a bumper weight. You just can't get or stay below it for physical or mental reasons. Mine was 180 for about 5 years. I think I've found my new one at 170 and it's ticking me off! You can break through your bumper weight! I know you can!
Old 08-04-2008, 09:30 AM   #119  

Well another small gain this week. I weighed earlier in the week and it showed a couple of pounds down but after a bad eating day, I'm up again. Grrr! I feel bad for the team since I am 2 pounds over my Just Beachy starting weight. I'm not sure what my problem is but it's got to stop. Last week was a busy one for me so I'm going to focus on me this week.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:08 AM   #120  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksk571 View Post
Heather - this is what we call a bumper weight. You just can't get or stay below it for physical or mental reasons. Mine was 180 for about 5 years. I think I've found my new one at 170 and it's ticking me off! You can break through your bumper weight! I know you can!
Oh mine is mental!! I had gone to a therapist earlier this year to deal with weight/food issues and while I was good to go after a bit she mentioned I may want to come when I get to this "bumper". I think it might be a good idea to try to work out why I do this over and over and over again. I am traveling tons in August also which is never a good recipe for staying OP! Trying to minimize it by planning ahead and making sure every where I go has workout rooms. Sigh, we really do some silly things to ourselves hmm?