Old 08-01-2008, 11:51 PM   #91  

Just a quick "hi". Took the kids to the rodeo tonight because I won tickets -- just got in about 1 hour ago. Don't think I'll do that again!!

Hope everyone had a great day -- see you tomorrow
Old 08-02-2008, 07:39 AM   #92  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Default Jillian Michaels Email:

Telling It Like It Is

Listen, getting in shape is all about setting goals. Losing weight, building muscle, and losing the unhealthy eating habits take guts and perseverance. You're dealing with something big here. When you decide what you want, make it specific and concrete. For example, don't just say that you want to lose weight. Ask yourself some questions. How much weight? And is weight really the most important thing? Or is it more important that you climb your front steps with ease or lower your body-fat ratio? Think hard about what you want, and use your journal to keep track. Once you've figured out where you want to go, here's how you're going to get there:
Learn how to make decisions you can stick with. Remember, you're not just going on a diet, you're establishing a pattern of health that will increase the quality of your life. Think big, but choose small, attainable goals — lose 5 pounds to start, or fit into pants one size smaller — and build on them as you reach each one.

Allow yourself room for setbacks. One setback is only one setback — it's not the end of the world, nor is it the end of your journey toward a better you. You don't have to give up. Just get back on the bandwagon and keep going.

Walk the line between self-denial and self-indulgence. It's the middle ground between the two that will offer you the best foundation for building your new life. Maintain your discipline by allowing yourself little pleasures every now and again.

Understand that there are no mistakes. The things you used to think of as mistakes are now just learning experiences, so don't waste time beating yourself up. You'll encounter small failures — everyone does. But you'll achieve success, too. Just remember, every pound you gain can be lost.

Remember, faith in yourself and your work is what will keep you striving for the best. Now, get in the zone and push as hard as you can!
Old 08-02-2008, 07:50 AM   #93  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

Red face

YUM, Mel that sounds good. I wonder how many calories?

Joyce,
I wogged my 5k, lol! All together there was prolly only about 10 minutes of actual running, but then my foot was hurting so I had to talk it to a walk.

Karen,
I am glad you are starting to come out of your funk. Thank goodness the week is over right?

Lonnie,
WTG on being OP! Keep it up!

Danielle,
have fun in Cali!!!!

Kelly,
WTG on the Push-ups, Week 2 is still kicking my butt. I can't imagine doing 100, much less over 100!!! You are rocking it!

Andi
, I hope you do decide to go on that cruise! I wish I could go.

to everyone!!!!

I have some school shopping to do today, sadly I don't have the $$ to go out and buy him a new wardrobe all @ once like I normally do, so we'll be buying a little bit each weekend until the end of August until he has everything he needs and some that he just wants. Times are hard yanno...I have closets to organize too. Grrrrr. I am getting a new smaller desk so we can fit things into our living room. The new furniture we got last weekend takes up more space than the old stuff did, so I need to downsize on my desk situation. Which is fine. I am tired of this biggup bulky thing anyways. Sooooo...I'll see yall later! Have a great OP weekend!!!!
Old 08-02-2008, 08:02 AM   #94  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

Red face

Melissa, This Hula Hooping thread has your name ALL over it!
Old 08-02-2008, 10:55 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 263/243/150

Height: 5"6'

Roni, I love Jillian. I find her so motivating. Thanks for sharing that email. I think this was my favorite part:

Understand that there are no mistakes. The things you used to think of as mistakes are now just learning experiences, so don't waste time beating yourself up. You'll encounter small failures — everyone does. But you'll achieve success, too. Just remember, every pound you gain can be lost.

I think that pretty much covers my biggest problem. Allowing mistakes to set me back or make me give up thinking it's useless.

Oh, and wow, you can run for 10 minutes. That is really awesome. Be truly proud of yourself.

Thanks for reminding me that I better start shopping for my older son. I shop the same way you do, a little each week. I totally understand money being tight.

Hello to everyone else!!! I hope you all have a great day
Old 08-02-2008, 11:44 AM   #96  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

LOL Thanks roni!! Love my hula hoop! I dunno about the calories in that dish, but with the pasta I'm sure its up there. I use the Barilla Plus, whole wheat so its all healthy stuff! Its even good cold!
Old 08-02-2008, 06:33 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 192.8/152.2/137

Height: 5'3"

WOOHOO! MAJOR score for me - I just got a Wii Fit!
Yahoo! I've already been on it for about 30 minutes (and this is after doing my running, pushups and a major ab work out at the gym!). I so love it! The ski jump so far is my favorite!
Old 08-02-2008, 08:16 PM   #98  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Oh Fun!!! I really want a Wii...I'm for sure asking santa for one! Oh but my birthday comes first!
Old 08-02-2008, 10:39 PM   #99  
~One Day At A Time~

S/C/G: 301.2/Ticker/250

Height: 5 6"

WOW it really is quiet around here! I just wanted to pop in and say goodnight. I weigh in tomorrow and I'm pretty confident. I haven't had ANY fast food this week and I managed to stay OP all week. Anywho...I'm gonna hit plurk for a bit and then hit the hay. Have a great night!
Old 08-03-2008, 12:07 AM   #100  
Takin' charge of my life!

Congrats on the Wii Fit purchase Kelly!! I love mine! I will be honest and say that I have not been on it lately, but none the less it is one of my favorites for the Wii (gotta enjoy Guitar Hero as well). HAHAHA P.S. don't go a few days without using the Wii Fit or your trainer will lay into you! ha
Old 08-03-2008, 12:08 AM   #101  
Takin' charge of my life!

Lonnie, think it's quiet cause we are all becoming addicted to Plurk!
Old 08-03-2008, 02:41 AM   #102  
McLovin' *TBL Red Team*

Addicted to plurk is right! I cant stay off that thing.

Hope everyone is doing well. I have been off my plan the last few weeks. It has been rough for me this summer. I plan on going back on Monday.

Kelly - I am jealous! I want a Wii Fit bad. Where did you find yours? Are you enjoying it? I have heard some mixed reviews.

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!
Old 08-03-2008, 08:11 AM   #103  

S/C/G: 192.8/152.2/137

Height: 5'3"

I played it already for about 30 minutes! I love it!

It's four basic programs of training - yoga, balance, strength and aerobic.
None of them are really a grueling training program - but they are good tools for getting the buns of the couch. However, while some of the mini training modules are fun (Ski-jumping in particular is a hoot) it really isn't a game as much as it is about moving more and sitting less. So if you're looking for something that is FUN and not something challenging (my balance blows and I must have gotten beaned in my Mii's head at least 15 times by panda heads and soccer cleats in one of the modules) - I would look elsewhere. I also wouldn't count on it to be a replacement for a gym or a regular fitness routine. Now, as a supplement to a pre-existing regiment - Hells yes! Of especial interest to me (and my husband) - there are very good balance modules - they require you to pay attention to how you stand and how you move. I've discovered that in general my left leg is about twice as stable as my right - so it gives me something to work towards with stability.

One note: I haven't yet unlocked everything. I still have LOTS more stuff that needs to be unlocked to get all the modules and what not. But my overall assessment is positive.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:06 AM   #104  
~One Day At A Time~

S/C/G: 301.2/Ticker/250

Height: 5 6"

Good Sunday Morning

I did my weigh in this morning and I lost 4.4lbs!!!!!!!!!!! I'm excited and very proud of myself!!! A HUGE THANK YOU goes out to you all who got me into plurk because if I wasn't so friggen addicted to the darn thing then my hands would of been eating bad things rather then on the computer typing....LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm gonna rest a little this morning (Tom arrived and I'm not feeling that great) and then I'm gonna hit walmart. They have some stuff on sale for my Daughter for back to school. The baby just woke up and she's in a really bad mood....LOL!!!

Andi~ I think your right! Plurk is very dangerous...LOL!

Kelly~ My friend just got a Wii Fit to and she loves it! I was gonna get one but after reading your review on it I'm not to sure anymore. It's kinda expensive to. When it comes time for me to actually by something for myself I always come up with 1,000 reasons not to....LOL!

Kara~ Get back OP girl, you can do it!!

Old 08-03-2008, 10:35 AM   #105  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

WOW Lonnie! WTG girl! 4.4 lbs in one week is awesome! I think we all are addicted to Plurk! I actually have to avoid going sometimes so I can get chit done around here! LOL! Someone needs to tell the BLACK team to get to plurking!

Kelly, I am so jealous! I want the Wii Fit NOW! I don't wanna wait until Christmas! I'm thinking between that and the Rock Band that Jess has asked for, I think I know what my family is going to be doing over the Holiday's! LOL!

I am recording me some Belly dancing and Gilad back in the bedroom right now becaue I fell off the wagon BIG time yesterday (stress), and I am all kind of swollen from sodium and I just feel so fat, so I am going to workout back there today, and get my booty back OP! I didn't mean to emotionally eat, and the whole time I was doing it, I knew what I was doing. I was like you are doing this because you are stressed over money, so here you sit, feeding your face. After I was done, I cried and went to bed. Now I woke up all swollen. That'll learn me!