3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Biggest Loser Challenges (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges-225/)
-   -   "Just Beachy" Red Team Chat #10 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges/146728-just-beachy-red-team-chat-10-a.html)

kellybones 07-18-2008 10:20 PM

"Just Beachy" Red Team Chat #10

I just realized that we were on like page 8 of the last chat thread. So I thought a new one was in order - hopefully that's okay.

I'm on my own this weekend up until Wednesday - hubby had to go back to Indiana this morning for a funeral and I'm already feeling it. I am worried and that makes me eat more. I hate being home alone with three cats and two dogs and minimal support. I know that is silly and I don't NEED his help to lose weight but, well, poop, I kinda like to have it, you know?

Ah, well. Here's hoping for a great Friday night on into Lovely Weekend for everyone, me included! Let's work up a sweat and eat some veggies!

joylove26 07-18-2008 11:24 PM

Montecristo- a big congratulations on smaller jeans…such a great feelling, isn’t it?

Melissa- don’t get down on yourself, and don’t give up. WW is pretty easy to follow. I’m following it and I don’t go to meetings or anything. The WW thread has pretty much all the info you need to follow it. I agree with Lonnie, maybe getting some workout dvd’s and trying to get in the habit of doing those will help you. I love the bl 2 dvd. I switch that up with other dvd’s for variety, but that’s the one I do the most. That’s what I’ve been doing up to this point and I’ve lost 45 lbs so far. Maybe it will work for you too.

Tina- I’m sorry things are rough for you right now and you had to drop out. I hope things get better and you come in full speed next challenge. You have lost so much weight so far, don’t give up now.

Danielle- I know what you mean about finally being ready. I’ve tried so many times to lose weight. I think the biggest obstacle to that was my readiness emotionally. I just think I’m finally at a point in my life where I don’t need to hide behind the fat anymore. I’m so ready to get rid of it. It sounds like you have a really awesome trainer. I’m glad to hear you are doing so well. Keep up the good work! I need to get bob’s book…maybe that will help keep me motivated.

Diva- you sound busy, busy, busy. I love swimming. The cabins sound great. I bet you’ll have a lot of fun.

Kelly- it’s great that you have such a supportive husband, but you are strong and can make it through until he gets back. Don’t give in!

As for me, I went to the gym again today. I love it there. I’m so glad I joined. I was a little bummed though cuz I wanted to get in the pool for a little bit but they had a class going on. Oh yea, I tried the butternut squash fries that somebody mentioned on here. I loved them. I will definitely be making them again.

Hi to everyone else. I hope you are doing well and staying op.

Diva 07-28-2008 02:48 PM

Bumping because it's about time to close the other one. :) Isn't it???

Idealmuse 07-28-2008 07:58 PM

Re-Posting on new thread since the other will close shortly...

Hi Girls - I guess it's the summer time but I've been bad with checking in lately too as many of you are. I try and speak up now and then, but my training has been keeping me busy. It was a good week this week -3lbs. I',m still wearing those damn size 14 pants, but they are starting to get loose. I did buy one size 12 which I zippered up but I can't wear yet. They aren't stretch though so I probably could wear a stretch 12 at this point. The last time I wore a 12 I was like 13 years old (although 12s were smaller then weren't they?)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Chick B Gone (Post 2289335)
Good Morning chickies!
I had a discovery about myself last night that will hopefully help me going foward - I CANNOT do 3 days in a row of only 1300 calories or I'll end up blowing it. One is fine, two is fine but by the third I'm very hungry and end up eating closer to 2000, not a full on binge really but more then I want to consume! So i think I'm going to alternate my lower cal 1300 with my higher calorie range 1600 one day low, next day high to hopefully keep my body on track. So yeah yesterday not on OP day but not horrible and with some extra excerise today all will be well.

FCB - 1300 for even one day is SO hard for me I can see why 3 days in a row would really trip you up. Can you add in a walk or something on your low calorie day to earn you a few hundred extra?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThisTimeIsDifferent (Post 2289520)
Morning!

I apologize for not being here in a while. I'm not even gonna make an excuse. I'm struggling and that's that. I posted a gain this week. I'm trying really hard to get back on track. Yesterday I went to the Zoo and walked for 7 hours up and down hills. I'm just really sorry I haven't been here to share in your victory's or to give a shoulder to those who are struggling :( ARGGGGGGGGGGGG...I HATE THIS!!!

ThisTime - I'm so sorry to hear things aren't going well for you let us know if there is anything we can do to help. Congrats on the long walk!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diva (Post 2285657)
OMG! Guess what? As of today http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t...67/Misc/20.gif!!!!!

This is the most weight I have ever lost....ever!

Yeay!!! Awesome Diva I know how it feels to pass that "more then I ever lost before" milestone. It's a great one and now your in the 180s! Yeay!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jelynn (Post 2281648)
Muse- congrats on 1000!! I have a couple friends that just did their first triathlon on Saturday (a sprint)-- I missed it- are you doing another one?

I was looking at my weight loss journal and over the past 3 years I have come down to 218ish in June/July only to wreck it and be in the low 230s by Sept. WTF?!??!?!? Issues or what?! So I am bound and determined to get under 218 and then under 200 and keep this going. (never to see 230 again!! LOL)

Jel - Yeah my next one is in 4 weeks. Its twice as long as the first one. 1/4 of an Ironman race! Eep! Keeping a journal that far back really helps us to see those trends. This is your year though! Keep on kickin' butt.

Diva 07-28-2008 08:11 PM

:) I can't remember if it's 400 or 500 we are supposed to close them? O'well...lol

How is everyone planning on keeping in touch in between challenges?

Yahoo? Plurk????

I thinking the Red team might have a pretty good week this week!!!! :D

Hun.e.B 07-29-2008 12:02 AM

Wow you guys totally confused me with the threads LOL! I didnt even know we had a thread #10 hanging out there.

I'm apparently having some allergy issues tonight which do not thrill me! my head itches so bad my throat itches, my nose is stuffy and I have heartburn!!! So not fun!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful evening! Im ready for bed!

Diva 07-29-2008 07:11 AM

I hope you are feeling better this morning Mel. :hug:

I woke up angry because of a certain little rejection I encountered yesterday. Be as nice as it was, it was rejection nonetheless, and I am pissed now. That's how I roll. I'm over it, over him, and moving on. I don't want to talk about him anymore. I will go workout @ a different time & I WILL NOT EMOTIONALLY EAT!!!!! As a matter of fact I am MORE determined now than ever to show EVERYONE who has ever hurt, abandoned or dissed me EXACTLY who I am and what I am about. One hundred, twenty-five pounds, HERE I COME!!!!:soap:

Okay, now that I have that out, please return to your regularly scheduled reading. :)

Hun.e.B 07-29-2008 09:34 AM

Thanks Diva I do feel better this morning, just allergies I guess!

Girl you are CRUISING now!! Dont you dare let anything get in your way!! And congrats on being BL this week!!! You rock!!!

Hun.e.B 07-29-2008 09:34 AM

Where the heck is everyone?!

ksk571 07-29-2008 09:38 AM

:woohoo: Roni - Way to go! Congrats on being our biggest loser this week! :woohoo:

Fat Chick B Gone 07-29-2008 09:38 AM

Melissa – Did you decide on the coffee dilemma? I’ve read that 1-2 cups a day are really not that bad for you, especially if that’s the only caffeine you drink during the day. Just make it fair trade coffee!

Cathy – I’m sure the swimming is helping you! I went Saturday for the first time in eons to actually use a pool for exercise instead of leisure. It kicked my butt!

Lonnie – I wish you weren’t struggling so much! Check in everyday and we’ll beat you so you don’t struggle!

Jen – Hope things go well for your Mom. I’m sure I just missed it but what’s the blood test for?

Stacy – good to see you. When’s the AFI concert again?

Diva – Congrats on being the Biggest Loser this week!!

Danielle – Hope you’re feeling better by now! Thanks for the compliment. I promise at 50 down I’ll have someone take a better picture for me!

Joyce – Stick with it and you will hit onderland! I know all too well about the mental blocks on certain weights. BUT we can break them! I just broke my 210 one and sooo excited about the 200 one! Just don’t think about it and it’ll happen!

Karen – You’re such a busy woman, I don’t know how you keep sane! I say you take a vacation immediately!

Mandey – good for you giving up the smokes. I’ve promised myself I’m doing it once the CPA is over and done with, hopefully in September. Let me know hwo the cessation program works.

Ideal – AWESOME about the size 12s! That’s kinda funny, I was thinking the other day I couldn’t remember when the last time I wore under a 14 but yeah probably about the same age as you. Thanks for the inspiration that I can get there again! As far as my calories – just what my body needs to lose weight. I really can’t go over 1600 and steadily lose. Now I eat tons of fruit and veggies so I stay full most days, just know I need to mix it up a bit ;-) I’ve walked nearly everyday for 30min since I got my dog over 5 years ago so my body is used to that also and I have to do more then that to lose. Ah the joys of a slow metabolism!

Everybody - LET'S ROCK THESE LAST WEIGH-INS!!! IF YOU'RE STRUGGLING COME HERE FOR SOME LOVING ***-KICKING, IF YOU'RE DOING GREAT THEN KEEP IT UP!

ksk571 07-29-2008 09:39 AM

Melissa - I hate allergies! I'm glad you're feeling better this morning!

Hun.e.B 07-29-2008 09:45 AM

Heather...ya know I go round and round with it. I really only have my 1 latte a morning. Granted its a triple shot! But thats it for me. The rest of the day I drink water or crystal light. Why give up something I get so much enjoyment out of?

Karen....hows it going?! Finding some get up and go yet?

Diva 07-29-2008 09:56 AM

Thanks everyone. :) I've never been the weeks BL before. I feel so special. hehe! :D

joylove26 07-29-2008 10:04 AM

Good morning everyone!!!

I'm on my way to the gym. I'm going to try the aqua circuit training class. Looks like fun.

Diva- a big congratulations on being the biggest loser this week!

Fat chick- thanks, sometimes just hearing that helps. We will do it! I know we can.