Old 08-07-2008, 01:53 PM   #166  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceegee View Post
Hey red team.....do you think you could handle me over here?
Of course! You come highly recommended by our Diva!
We'd LOVE to have ya!

Last edited by ksk571; 08-07-2008 at 01:55 PM.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:10 PM   #167  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceegee View Post
Hey red team.....do you think you could handle me over here?
LOL! You big dodo bird! Of course!!!! Then you can make up the exercise challenges! LOL!
Old 08-07-2008, 06:32 PM   #168  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Hi all - just popping in to read how everyone is doing. Looks like the team is staying strong to the end
I'm so proud of all of you - and thankful to have been a part of the wonderful RED TEAM!

What an amazing job we did this challenge. I can't wait to see the final results!
Old 08-07-2008, 06:40 PM   #169  
Be the change

Hi Ladies,

Just popping in to see how everyone is doing. I'm wondering if I should do another BL challenge. I haven't been very successful for the last two challenges. I'm hopeful that next time will be different, but I hate bringing my RED team down.

Maybe I should sit this one out and just hang out at 3FC. I'm just not sure that it'll be as motivating without a regular team to report to.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:09 PM   #170  
Expecting baby #1! 9/7/09

S/C/G: 320.2/273.2/160

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone...
Just a small comment...We didn't necessarily pick blue over red, we are just trying to kind of stay together. Imagine if someone told you your team is going to be no more after spending 15 or whatever weeks getting to know each other and offering support to one another. It's hard to pick another team when you don't know anyone from either one. Anyway, it's nothing personal against you...we just want to be at least part together.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:03 PM   #171  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedlvrgirl View Post
Hey everyone...
Just a small comment...We didn't necessarily pick blue over red, we are just trying to kind of stay together. Imagine if someone told you your team is going to be no more after spending 15 or whatever weeks getting to know each other and offering support to one another. It's hard to pick another team when you don't know anyone from either one. Anyway, it's nothing personal against you...we just want to be at least part together.

Yeah, as I've posted a couple of times now...we get what you guys are going through, we are just dishing out some good ol fashioned ribbing. We know noone would ever purposely turn down being on red team! LOL!
Old 08-08-2008, 08:50 AM   #172  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Good Morning Red team!! I'm so glad its friday! I could use a few days off!!

Hope you all have a fantastic day!!!
Old 08-08-2008, 09:12 AM   #173  

Good morning everyone

I think I realized this morning that I won't be ending this challenge with a bang like I had intended, more like a slow, deliberate crawl!! But, that's okay, every pound lost is one step closer to being really hot on New Year's!! In January I promised myself I would not spend another New Year's regreting having wasted another year doing nothing about my weight. So, when next year rolls around, I doubt I will be down 100 lbs but I'll be happy I made the effort to head in the right direction.

Hope everyone has an awesome day!!
Old 08-08-2008, 09:13 AM   #174  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Good morning everyone.

I had gained a couple of lbs due to the Binging, and as of today I am back to what looks like my "new" bumper weight. 189.2. I'm glad I am back here though.

I'm trying to get it back on track. I don't feel so grumpy today.

Have a great Day & weekend! I've enjoyed doing this challenge with you all. Hope to see you all in Sept!!!!
Old 08-08-2008, 10:15 AM   #175  
~One Day At A Time~

S/C/G: 301.2/Ticker/250

Height: 5 6"

Good Morning and TGIF !

I'm so excited and I can't wait for the BL show to start in September! When I watched the season finale I promised myself that when the new show started I'd be 250...51lbs lighter. I'd better get to it!

I finished the book I was reading yesterday. I can't wait to go to the store later and get another one. Reading really does help me control my bad eating habits and it's relaxing.

I hope everyone has a great OP day!!!
Old 08-08-2008, 11:02 AM   #176  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

S/C/G: Year 2010: 149.8/145/130

Height: 5'6"

I have signed up for the 10 day challenge on WATP....and am determined to do it. today will be my first workout in several weeks. I have enjoyed watching the scale go down slowly, because I've tried to intake less food for the lack of workouts, and it seems to be paying off a little. but I really want to jump start this...I need a routine. and Have put reminders in my phone that alarm on when to workout and what to do (like WATP and strength train, etc). and i thinkk to 10 day challenge (10 straight days of good workouts to WATP, i usually use 3-4 miles and strength train) will really help me get back on track. I'm excited to try it again, since last time i fell off the wagon. but i'm getting motivated and want to really kick things up a notch.

also, do we have to weigh in by tomorrow, or do we still have till Monday for weigh ins? wasn't sure since this challenge is ending.

I am also in the process of quitting smoking, today will be my last day. and I start the patches in the morning. So I will be smoke free this weekend. I have been cleaning more and working on hubby's quilt more and reading books more and have really done well by the "busy" work....When I first started the Zyban the end of July, I was at 1.5 packs a day, but with the meds and focusing on more important things here at home, I'm down to about a .5 pack a day...which is definitely a good start. But tomorrow I have my quit date. and the program thinks the best way for me to succeed is to use the meds and once I am not smoking to switch to patches to help with the withdrawal till i am off both (program is 12 weeks and i have to go in for the check up and get meds/patches every two weeks, so they can talk and seee if i'm sticking to plan and succeeding). I am starting a new start with this part of my life and want to make everything healthier, which includes staying OP with food, this is my longest stretch of OP days I've had, ever......and with beginning my workouts again. and with time I will be able to lengthen my workout times for better results because it'll be easier to breath and I'll feel better about myself since I will have only healthy things going into my body.
well sorry for the lengthy chat...lol but i'm gonna go workout now, while the kids are playing upstairs nicely and i can enjoy my first workout of August!!!

Last edited by ArmyWife02; 08-08-2008 at 11:08 AM.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:02 AM   #177  
I believe in myself

S/C/G: 257/200/160

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
[SIZE="3"][FONT="Century Gothic"]Good morning! Yesterday went fine @ High School for the boy. Of course, ONLY the freshmen were there yesterday. The REAL test will be tomorrow when ALL the grades will be @ school. On a high note, he's decided to play Football!!!!!! I'm a football Mom! I am SOOOOO HAPPY about this! He's already my lil' Super starrrrrrrr!
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]

Wow he's already started school!!?!!! The boys don't go back til after Labor Day. Course I'm guessing ya'lls school year ends in May?
Hope everyone has an awesome friday and a wonderful weekend!!!

Last edited by Catsgetnhealthy; 08-08-2008 at 11:04 AM.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:42 PM   #178  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies! doing a quick run thru today as i'm supposed to be getting ready to run some errands, but here i sit! lol

struggling a bit this week since coming back from my trip. no idea why either! today was my first day back at the gym in nearly 2 weeks and lemme tell ya, it was rough!!!

i think i was discriminated against at the gym today, i dunno? lol i asked one of the sales mgrs about all the signs around the gym regarding help they were looking for. he did everything to downplay it (turns out its for front counter help) and talk me out of it, everything from i'd be bored, to issues regarding pay.... just got really weird. as i tromped off to finish my workout, i'm sorta just daydreaming and the front counter was in my line of vision, and suddenly it dawns on me, *i don't look like them* and that's why he said all that stuff. just really bothered me & i left there feeling sorta weird & my feelings kinda hurt. i know it's probably stupid and i'm reading too much into it, but it was just a really weird way to motivated someone to want to work there. does that make sense? so that is why my thinking went to the fact that i don't look like those girls behind the counter (YET) and why he barely would tell me about it. my thinking on working there was because i love it in there, i look forward to being there everyday (if you don't count this last week where i sat on my behind, of course! lol), and heck, i figured i would probably get some help paying for personal training sessions which i want to do 2x a week min. with a trainer.

ugh, so i'm just trying to shake off that weirdness and get on with my day. guess now my attitude is sorta of an *I'll show you* and i'm feeling sorta feisty about it all. LOL

Anywho, that's my morning and now i really need to get a move on and get going with this afternoon. too much to do to get ready for school on monday! yikes!

have a GREAT day ladies!!!!!
Old 08-08-2008, 02:04 PM   #179  

S/C/G: 192.8/152.2/137

Height: 5'3"

Oh Danielle! That makes me ANGRY. I would be so pissed. Stupid gym people. I hope that you aren't too upset - I would try to not take it personally but man... some people are just stupid.

You could always come check out the 24 Hr Fitness by me. :-) It's on Baseline and the 101. I'm looking forward to the new on up at the Riverview to open this winter though - I'm hoping it will encourage me to stop by on my way home from work as well as work out in the mornings. I'd love to be motivated enough to gym it up twice a day!

BTW, did you get the rain last night? It was awesome.

Yeah, I know, other people think I'm nuts but when you live in AZ, rain really is kinda awesome. I got out my lawn chair and sat out in the backyard in the rain. My dogs hid on my patio and looked at me like I was a crazy lady!
Old 08-08-2008, 02:48 PM   #180  

S/C/G: 263/243/150

Height: 5"6'

Kelly- I’m so sick of rain here. I would gladly trade you.

Danielle- I think that would upset me pretty bad too. It’s pretty hard not to take it personally. I think you have the right idea, work hard and show them. Before you know it, you will look like them.

Mandey- good luck with quitting smoking. You can do it. I know it is so hard, but if I can do it, so can you. I was seriously a chain smoker before I quit.

Lonnie- I can’t wait till the show starts too. I really love it. I know what you mean about reading. If I’m in a good book, I hate to put it down, even to eat…lol.

Roni- I’m glad you made it back to that weight. I hope you break through it soon. I seem to be stuck where I’m at too. I think I need to change something up.

Shelby- I’m right there with you, but you’re right. As long as it’s coming off, we are getting closer to goal and haven’t wasted the year.

Jen- I don’t see why you shouldn’t join. I think the more support you have, the more successful you will be. Plus, you can help to motivate us.

Okay, so I’ve gotta get some more of this weight off. I’m not looking forward to the end of this challenge either cuz it’s been so motivating. It makes me keep going even when I feel like giving up.

A big Hello to everyone else. I’m sorry I’m not keeping up with posts lately. I’m starting to prep for the start of school and have been a little busy.

I hope everyone has a great day.