Old 06-25-2008, 09:21 AM   #346  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Hey gang! Sorry to not be posting much this week. I'm leaving on Friday & will be on vacation. Think I'm going to use a freebie for weigh-in on Monday the 7th. I plan on relaxing by the pool or on the beach!

Hope everyone is having a great week!
Old 06-25-2008, 11:56 AM   #347  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Philosophical thought for the day:

Do you love yourself?

"At the heart of personality is the need to feel a sense of being lovable without having to qualify for that acceptance."

-- Dr. Paul Tournier

How do you see yourself as unlovable?

Take a few minutes to write down why you perceive yourself to be unlovable. Look at the list and see if you can identify where those characterizations originated. Can you pinpoint old messages from parents, teachers, and friends that led you to negative conclusions about yourself? Are those messages valid today?

The beliefs we adopt as children usually don't hold when we view them objectively as adults. Can you let them go? Can you begin to see yourself as a unique expression of life, a genuine gift to the world?

"You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection."

-- Buddha

"Limitless like the ocean are your excellent qualities."

-- Dalai Lama
Old 06-25-2008, 12:06 PM   #348  

S/C/G: 162/156.5/142

Height: 5'2+"

Morning everybody!

Hey...what happened to that weird post.... was going to ask about it but I think it has been deleted.....

Old 06-25-2008, 12:06 PM   #349  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

reda: be careful not drinking enough water...I never feel like drinking anything when I am sick and one year, I was sick with bronchitis or something and didn't drink hardly any fluids and was feeling like death and went to the doctor and they discovered that I was totally dehydrated, they had to keep the clinic open late to give me IV fluids! I felt soooo much better immediately after they did that. So, be sure and force yourself to drink fluids. I will have to remember those frozen dinners. They sound good.

Soul: Sometimes I love myself and other times, I despise myself. Usually I despise myself when I look in the mirror. I am having some major issues with body image and self-esteem right now. I need to do some serious work on it. I like my personality okay, it's just the physical being that I hate. My husband and I were talking the other day and he said, "Name something that you like about your body." I had to think and finally I said, "my fingers." That is all I could think of.

To everyone else......hi! I hope everyone is starting off on the right foot. Here, the sun is shining, the air smells fresh and I've already started picking up the house, making it less embarrassing for visitors to see. Have a good day, everyone!
Old 06-25-2008, 12:26 PM   #350  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning Teammates!! sorry I've been MIA lately but I'm off on vacation this week and I ended up watching my 4 month old grandson. I must be getting old. He's kicking my butt!!!!

My eating has been way off plan so I will probably take my 2nd freebie week and try to get it under control once again. I've been giving serious thought to following the South Beach Diet. Are any of you on it and how easily does it fit into real life?

Sorry - no time for personals right now. I take DGS home later today so will hop back on here tomorrow when my life is back to normal!!! Everyone have a great Wednesday. Talk to you tomorrow.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:36 PM   #351  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Troo - I posted 2 links for roasted tomato recipes in the Black Team healthy eating thread for everybody. I also saw this in a magazine. It's called a notebook grill and uses charcoal. http://aplusrstore.com/product_detai...pid=290&cid=93 There is another cute charcoal grill at this store as well. I know Coleman makes a little gas grill, too.

I love my steamer. I can make steamed potatoes, rice, or other veggies and it doesn't get the house too hot. You could plug it in on your back porch if you have electricity there and then all the steam would still be outside.

Thanks for the comments on the roses. I just love them. I cut back the dead wood in fall or in the spring, and have to tie up rogue branches once or twice each summer, but it basically takes care of itself. It continues to bloom throughout the summer, but it never has as many flowers as it's first blooming.

My head is still kind of woozy from my cold but I'm hanging in there.

Went to a gym last night to talk about a personal trainer, some classes, and fitness & body fat percentage tests. The guy was a total dork. He was doing his canned sales pitch and never once asked me a question. He said about 4 times . . . "Unless you are a highly trained, competitive athlete, you don't need that." I wanted to slug him. I'm tempted to call the owner today and tell him what an idiot the guy is, but it's probably her son. ROFLOL!

Good news on my knee. Doc says it's just pieces of cartilage roaming around and that I can continue to exercise.

Better get downstairs and get to sweating!!

Last edited by ggmugsy; 06-25-2008 at 12:36 PM.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:36 PM   #352  
Expecting baby #1! 9/7/09

S/C/G: 320.2/273.2/160

Good Morning Everyone!
Well, last night I was at the fair and the only thing I gave into was some kettle corn! I am proud of myself...I watched people eating fried bread tacos and funnels cakes too! I did buy a caramel apple to share with my bf, but I figured that was much better than what I could've gotten!

Troo--Yes, they are in the back by the meats, cheeses and salads. They are REALLY good! Costco is usually where I get my cuties...pretty good price for that big box. They also have great prices on cherries...MMM...I LOVE summer produce!!

Thanks for the congrats everyone! I am trying to not get comfy here, I want to keep moving dooooowwwwwnnnnn!

I wish I could say more, but I am swamped! I will try to get back later!

BYE!

--Misty
Old 06-25-2008, 03:15 PM   #353  
I heart 3FC

S/C/G: 210/197/135

Height: 5'2" Age: 28

reda - Hope your sore throat feels better soon! I hate sore throats.

jenjen - Have a blast on vacation!

Soul - Good question! I think I do love myself, actually. That's quite nice to know.

troo - Personality is the important part, anyway. And I wish I had nice fingers!

Misty - Great job at the fair! That kind of food is hard to resist. Usually I'm glad that it tends to be overpriced.

I'm in the process of interviewing for a job that I REALLY want. It's a little stressful, but sticking to plan is keeping me sane.

Hope everyone is having a great week!
Old 06-25-2008, 10:52 PM   #354  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Hello again.

Where is everyone at? I know it is vacation time but I don't remember to many saying that they were going on vacation... I do have 35 days till my vacation as I am waiting patiently though.

Thanks everyone the good vibes must have helped today feeling a little better, not a whole bunch but a little. I was able to drink more water this afternoon but still not feeling like I am breathing good enough to exercise today not even for 5 minutes so tomorrow maybe if feeling okay I will try double time....

JenJen have a super vacation

Misty great job at the fair it is hard to resist foods at the fair but you did it!!!!

Well have a great night talk to everyone in the morning

Jessica good luck at your interview hope you get what you want

Last edited by ChopperChick355; 06-25-2008 at 10:53 PM.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:17 PM   #355  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

reda355 congrats on your loss! Also, if it hurts to drink water, try warm/hot water to see if that makes your sore throat feel better...?

ceegee weird post? what? what did i miss? :looks around:

Jessica Good luck with the job you want!
Old 06-26-2008, 07:46 AM   #356  

hi everyone - just sticking my head in for a minute.

traveling is done for a while - my scale is thankful. the best i'm doing at the moment is maintaining, which isn't a bad thing...just not losing. i have one more week to post a loss in june and then july is right around the corner.

i'm off to a day spa with my mom and sis (present for my mom) and then spending the day on my sister's boat. i'm bringing a couple of healthy dishes but still...it'll be a food minefield!!

saturday we're entertaining so at least i can control the menu a little more. then for the 4th we're having people over - and everyone is bringing a dish.
finally the end of july the step kids will be visiting for a long weekend.

do i need to mention that most events will have lots of wine and beer??...probably not, huh?

Last edited by angeline; 06-26-2008 at 07:47 AM.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:43 AM   #357  

S/C/G: 153/148/140

Height: 5'7

God morning Teamies!!
A new sunny day before me. I did weigh in today. The scale showed 139, that's down 2 from last week. Felt pretty good..
Anyway, today I will bake a lot of cookies,, for a graduation party for maybe 60 children... Let's hope I don't eat to much..
Yesterday I finished Day 10 of the 30 Day Shred, only 20 more to go!!
Have a nice day everyone!
Old 06-26-2008, 09:05 AM   #358  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/160

Hey Black Team! Well, it's almost Friday.

I'm down another pound. So I've already posted it. Hopefully, I won't do too badly on vacation, but I've taken my first Freebie week. Just don't want to worry about it. I'm cutting myself off from work completely--ie leaving the Blackberry in my desk drawer. They'll just have to survive for a week without me!

I'll try to check in mid-vacation. I'm not really going anywhere--long weekend at the folks, but then I'm just coming home to get some much needed relaxation!
Old 06-26-2008, 10:32 AM   #359  

Morning,

Sorry I haven't been around -- I'm done with jury duty -- I actually got picked this time and had a criminal trial. One of those "experience" things though I have the distinct desire to dye my hair red or something so his family won't recognize me -- one of the first things the jury agreed on was that the defendant's sister was very scary and we were afraid she was going to come over the rail at us.

My MIL is gone and the trial is over -- I just feel tired. Tomorrow will be a better day.

I'm trying to catch up on where everyone's been for the last few days -- hope everyone is well.

Barb
Old 06-26-2008, 10:46 AM   #360  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

mugsy: that is such a neat grill! Talk about a space saver. We are going to measure the space where we can put a grill and then measure our old grill to see if it will fit and if it will, maybe we can bring it over...if not, I think I have a good chance of talking hubby into a smaller gas grill $100. I can't really have a grill on the ground out there because my neighbor lets her dog out there to pee and I don't think I want pee as a marinade on my meat. My rice cooker has a steaming function but I never use it for steaming. It's a really cool rice cooker, it's got a timer which is perfect because I never know when rice will be done. I forgot I could steam things, that is a good idea and it wouldn't make the house too hot. I hope you recover from your cold soon, that sucks. Hopefully the guy at the gym was a fluke...are there other people there you could talk to? Does your knee hurt?

misty: I think you did marvelous at the fair. I love kettle corn, it must have been fabulous. I haven't been to the fair in years, but one of the biggest draws for me was the food. I like to look at the crafts and stuff too though. As far as the chicken salad, is it high in cals do you know? I want some cuties so badly. When I get them at Vons, my hubby always gripes at me because it is a big box and he says I never eat it all (which is pretty much true but I don't throw that much away), it's kind of like the grape tomatoes. If he knew how much I paid for them, he'd really throw a fit. Luckily, I get them when he isn't around.

Jessica: I wish I liked more than my fingers, but I guess atleast I like those. Good luck on the job interview. Looking for a job sucks.

angeline: a day at the spa sounds fun. Good luck avoiding the beer and wine, that's a tough one on 4th of July!

jenjen: have fun on vacation.

barb: I have jury duty next week, I am hoping they don't pick me.

To everyone else: Hi! I hope you all are doing well. Well, yesterday started out pretty good but didn't end so well. It's always dinner that messes me up! I cooked up some of the tomatoes yesterday, I made pasta sauce and salsa. I think I may make some of that tomato soup mugsy gave me a recipe for today, if I have time. I'm definitely making dinner tonight and it's going to be healthy. Spicy chicken breasts with mexican flavors and spanish rice or green beans. Have a good day everyone!

Last edited by trooworld; 06-26-2008 at 10:47 AM.