Old 06-30-2008, 08:35 AM   #391  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning EVeryone!!!

Mary my prayers are with you and your sister, hope all goes well.

Well I to never made it back to exercising last week with be sick all week my breathing wasn't the greatest so opted to wait but I will be back on track today because I really really want to be down 8 more pounds before vacation in 30 days we leave.

Well of course weekend means lots of racing for my family and all went very well, my son WON on Friday night lead it from start to finish I believe there were about 16 maybe 18 cars. He also did very well last night he got 2nd should have had 1st but the leader lost control of his car in front of Karl therefore making in slow down for a bit which let the 3rd place car go around both therefore keeping Karl in 2nd. And of course there was Saturday and we had unexpected company so we went downtown for the night needless to say had a few beers.

I think I may have to check out this 30 day shred, where do you get it at? I will look on Ebay but if they carry it at Wal-Mart that would be a lot quicker so I can get started sooner.
Well I better get off to work talk to you later.
Old 06-30-2008, 09:16 AM   #392  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Misty: That sounds really good...for 4th of July, we are going to have a picnic in the park. I plan on making a southwestern chicken salad with nonfat yogurt dressing but if I don't, I am going to get one of those. If I don't get it this week, I am definitely going to get it next week...I'm salivating!

Terri: hang in there! Things will get better. You'll get back on the turnip wagon.

Tara: I am supposed to have pasta this week, and I think if I can find spaghetti squash at my produce market, I am going to try that instead of the whole wheat pasta. How did you do at the party?

Bette: wow, that is so cool! That must have been something to see all those horses blocking the road. That's great that you helped them home, too.

mary: I hope things go well with your sister. You are in my thoughts.

Julia: don't let that 1 lb scare you away from your goal! You are going to do it!

Soul: atleast you didn't gain. I'm sure you'll be on the loss wagon again next week.

reda: congrats to your son for winning and staying safe.

To everyone I missed: Hi! Hope you are doing well and treating your bodies with the love and respect that they deserve.

Well, I didn't lose much (.85) but atleast I lost something. I really want to change my ticker, maybe next week? I need to step up things a bit and be more diligent in my eating plan. This week, I have a week full of interesting things to eat, stuff to be excited about as long as I don't get too lazy to cook. I was supposed to go to jury duty this morning but I "didn't get the badge in time, it went to my old address and I just got it today (uh, Wednesday?)...can I come in tomorrow?" I'm really stalling...I've already postponed it like 2 or 3 times. I'm going to be lucky if they don't put a warrant out for my arrest. I wouldn't mind so much but there is no parking and I have to take the bus at like 7:00am and I hate the bus and I hate mornings. Plus, I have a hard time sitting still for that long. I suffer from anxiety and it just makes me anxious to wait around all day.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-30-2008, 10:30 AM   #393  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Default miss you all.....

Good Morning Black team!

What kind of exercise is done in this 30-Day Shred? I am intrigued. I keep seeing y'all talk about it and now I am thinking I may need to get this. Can it be bought @ Wal*Mart? How long does it take a day?

Anywho, just wanted to pop in and say I miss you girls!

Old 06-30-2008, 10:55 AM   #394  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Mary - I'll be praying for your sister!!

Bette - I would love to have seen all those baby horses.

All maintainers and losers - CONGRATULATIONS!! I hope I'm in your group!!

Troo - You crack me up. Avoiding jury duty. I always go the first day and get sent home and never have to go again so I've never tried to avoid it. I think if I ever got picked to actually be on the jury I might feel differently.

I haven't exercised in 2 days. Drank too much this weekend but made good food choices.

Julia - We picked 30 pounds of strawberries. Five flats. I still have 2 flats in the fridge to deal with today. What was I thinking???

I knew this challenge would be hard around 4th of July. Summers are hard because of the kids being home, company, impromptu parties & get togethers, and just plain chaos that good weather brings.

I'm curious how many Black Team members are left.

BIG HUG!!
Old 06-30-2008, 11:19 AM   #395  

S/C/G: 231/ticker/176

Height: 5' 10.5"

hello, ladies

this was a bad bad week
I gained 2 pounds because my life is so hectic right now, I have 4 more finals to pass, in only 2 weeks
the worst thing is, my sleep pattern is so messed up. night before an exam I sleep 4 hours (5 if I'm lucky) and when it's all over I come home, eat something and go to sleep for an hour or two and than I get a headache and my whole day is ruined
well, in a couple of weeks this should be over and than I'm off to my hometown...beaches, sun, hanging out with my old friends... I can't wait
Old 06-30-2008, 12:12 PM   #396  

S/C/G: 162/156.5/142

Height: 5'2+"

Quote:
Originally Posted by taragettingthin View Post
I have been kinda discouraged for some reason this weekend..although I had a great NSV of fitting into a pair of jeans that I haven't been able to. And in return, I made some bad choices in food. Well, at least I dragged myself to work out so I didn't skip workout..even though it was only for 30 minutes. I haven't been working out as much lately, which I'm not sure why. I'm going to go back to Curves tomorrow (been so lazy with Curves because I just wanted to sleep in 30 minutes longer) and do both TransFirmation and 30-Day, or Pilates and 30-Day. I wish I could just smack at the back of my head and my "blah-ness" would disappear. I can tell that I gained weight...I just hope it's not too much gain.
Tara- it is a weird thing for me, but I have found as I lost the weight, the NSV got less exciting for some reason. I remember the first time I fit into something and was like HOLY SH$T!!!! Then, I went shopping and was like OMG!!!! I fit into that size?!?!?! Then, after awhile, when the change wasn't as drastic, and people stopped commenting, it was kinda like, hmmmm. I think the hardest part of the loss may be when you just look good all the time bc you are fit, and aren't getting the HOLY SH$T effect any more...you come to expect that moment, and it just isn't there bc looking and feeling good are no longer a "suprise" to you. Does this even make sense???? lol.

side note: I really must try spaghetti squash. It just sounds cool.

GG - thanks for the cornbread recipe! I am so excited to try it this week!
30 pounds?! dear lord! With my ratio of picked to eaten, that would put me at about 90 pounds consumed!

Mary - thinking of you and your sis - hugs.

Soul - don't fret!

Diva- hey chicka! How are ya? I am interested in this 30 day shred too...will have to check it out......

Hi to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-30-2008, 12:24 PM   #397  
Expecting baby #1! 9/7/09

S/C/G: 320.2/273.2/160

Hey Everyone!
I hope that everyone had a great weekend! Mine was good. I got through my Managerial Accounting final...I got a 98 out of 100 on it! I ended up with a 95 in the class! Now I am free for 5 weeks! I went to the movies on Saturday and Get Smart. It was good...I love Steve Carrell! To avoid the concessions, we went to Pei Wei before the movie (Vietnamese Salad Wraps...MMM!) and then took fro yo from my fave place (White Cup) into the theater.
TOM is here...I am glad that I posted my weight early! I usually gain 3-6 lbs in water weight for a couple of days, so I stay AWAY from the scale! Don't you just love waking up to cramps at 130 in the morning?! Fun fun fun!
Last night my mom asked me how much weight I have lost, when I told her 22 lbs, she said she could really tell. That was nice to hear! Sometimes I have a hard time seeing it, but she only sees me about once a week, so I guess she notices easier.
Going to the gym after work, still haven't figured out if my regular workout calories is enough for starting weight training, I guess I will just have to wing it. I walked for an hour with my sister last night, the Oceanside Pier was CROWDED, even at 8pm! I love the beach!!!
Mary, I will your sister in my thoughts and prayers!
Julia, homemade jam sounds amazing!
Oolong, I know what you mean about finals! It feels so good to off school for a few weeks!!

BTW, I am tempted to check out the 30 Day Shred DVD, but if you ladies 100+ lbs lighter than me are having a hard time, I wonder if I can even do it! Maybe I will wait a bit.

Well, today is the last day of the month and I have tons to do!

TTYL--
Misty
Old 06-30-2008, 12:36 PM   #398  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Troo, I have jury dute next Monday and I am very nervous about it. I have never been called before, so I have no idea what to expect. It's a hassle, have to find someone to keep my kids for the day and drive a half hour away to earn a whopping $12 Well, I have to call Sunday night and it will say if I am required to show up or not...hopefully NOT!

Tara, I have experienced the same lack of enthusiasm, think everyone does at some point. For me it has always come back though, usually I find something new to be excited about...a new workout plan or DVD, shake up the eating plan, or something that gets me pumped again. Even dowloading new music to my MP3 player can rev up my excitement to get out walking sometimes. Also, I find that my motivation follows my exercise pattern, so if I can just make myself stick to that I feel better a lot quicker. Once I let the exercise slack everything goes downhill with it, and fast!

Oolong, hang in there, relaxation is just around the corner. i remember those days of exams though...SUCKS big time.

mugsy--I have been wondering how many of us are left as well.

SO, what is the new exercise challenge for July? I can't wait to jump in, so hope we do it again.
Old 06-30-2008, 12:40 PM   #399  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/153

Hello ladies! It is weigh-in day!!!! I didn't get a chance to weigh in until after my morning workout and breakfast... so even though I lost... I'm thinking it's probably a bigger loss than what I weighed in at...that's always exciting!

Mary, your sister will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Everyone else... I hope you are having a stupendous day!!!!!!
Old 06-30-2008, 05:49 PM   #400  

I am also wondering how many of the black team is left as well?????

Jury Duty well I've never had to participate or for that matter I have never even been called for it, thank goodness...

I to am going through the lack of enthusiasm but I am getting it back as I just decided to go on Ebay and did Buy it Now for the 30 day shred. It is also one that is shipped priority mail so I should hopefully have by the end of the week. It is only a 30 minute a day program with cardio and weight resistance and most of the testimonials say they lost 2 inches in the 30 days that is what I am interested losing inches.

Oolong hang in there only a couple weeks left summer classes are always the worst because they cram a whole semester in basically 4-5 weeks so it is very jam packed and finals well it is alot of information in such a short amount of time. I do remember those days because I was a mom while going to school and always took a few summer classes because I just couldn't do 20 - 22 credits per semester with 2 young children a year and a half apart. Got though it and it is all worth while

Bette that would have been awesome!!!

Have a great night everyone
Old 06-30-2008, 11:14 PM   #401  
Gone, baby, gone

S/C/G: 274/212.6/134

Height: 5'1"

This past weekend was hectic for me, as one of my best friends came up to visit me! We went to the zoo on Friday, which was great, and I got in about 2 hours of walking. This coming week will be crazy with work, the holiday, and my sister's bridal shower, but what can ya do?

Also, my bunny seems to be sick right now - he's not eating or drinking, and not really moving around. He's only 5 and half years old, and I can't get the little guy to the vet until Wednesday I'm so worried about him, it's making me feel sick. On top of this all, I started my TOM today.

Right now, I am a mess.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:48 PM   #402  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

staja Sorry to hear about your bunny. Hope he will feel better soon.

reda I have been wondering the same thing. Well, I'm still here.. =) Also, I got my 30-Day from WalMart website as they didn't have it at the store.

London Congrats on the loss, no matter what!

Purple Thank you for the advice. I did do a DVD I haven't done in awhile and 40 minute went by quite fast. I think it might be because I've been doing one same DVD almost every day for the past 20 days... Good thing I have 3 more dvds (1 of them is actually a set of 4 dvds)... I will be making some changes and see if it helps.

Misty that's great that your mom can notice it! it's always nice to feel that someone notices your weight loss. Big time motivation! =)

ceegee I understand exactly what you mean. it makes me smile when I see some NSV but it's not like the first time anymore. You ought to really try the squash... I even freezed it and then thawed it out and zapped it in the microwave oven and still was great.

Oolong you will survive and then will look back and just smile! You will lose that 2 lb in no time, no worries!

gg I'm still here. I think I'm kinda lucky this summer because I don't really know anyone whose family member is graduating or anything like that.. so no parties or bbq to go to. Works great for my weight loss. BUT be strong through the summer and the party, I know you can! =)

Diva it's little bit less than 30 minute work out per day. It's a circuit training. Warm-up. Then 3 circuites of 3 minute strength, 2 minute cardio, and 1 minute ab work. Then Cool Down. Time goes by really fast because you are doing circuits, i think. You need hand weight, though. That's all you need, unless you are working on a hard floor. Then you might want a mat for your back while doing ab workout.

Troo I ended up eating 2 slices of pizza.... so not that well. But I didn't gain weight, so I guess all the workout I've been doing is doing its wonders... The muscle must have burnt the calorie. hehe... :P None of my friends noticed that I have lost weight or anything. But oh well. I still got 59 lbs to go so we will see.

Soul Like you said, you didn't gain at least. I know it can be frustrating but you will survive and loss will start coming again.
Old 07-01-2008, 01:20 AM   #403  
I heart 3FC

S/C/G: 210/197/135

Height: 5'2" Age: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by taragettingthin View Post
Diva it's little bit less than 30 minute work out per day. It's a circuit training. Warm-up. Then 3 circuites of 3 minute strength, 2 minute cardio, and 1 minute ab work. Then Cool Down. Time goes by really fast because you are doing circuits, i think. You need hand weight, though. That's all you need, unless you are working on a hard floor. Then you might want a mat for your back while doing ab workout.
Or for your knees if you do "girl" pushups like me. I learned that the hard way. Ouch!
Old 07-01-2008, 08:03 AM   #404  

Good Morning
everyone has been really scarce around here lately....

Well I just got notification that my 30 day shred has been shipped out today and coming 2 day USPS so I should have by the weekend to start on Monday since I will be gone until then.
Thanks for the info Tara I checked out 2 Wal-Marts yesterday neither one had them never thought about Wal-Mart online but oh well I have it coming.

Staja sorry about your bunny hopefully he/she will be getting better soon.
We got home about 10 pm last night and found we have a stray momma cat and looks like she is about ready to have those babies real soon. She made mad dash for garage and couldn't find her to get her out so we may have new kittens in our garage.
Well heading off to work hope everyone has a great day!!!1
Old 07-01-2008, 08:49 AM   #405  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Goo9d Morning Team!

Today is Canada Day and I forgot post WI yesterday due to the family craziness that comes with going away for the weekend! That would be my first missed one....

Glad to see everyone working out! I got the kids to start with me last friday with no school I decided I would take over and do gym class everyday!

I am so proud of all of you who are staying coimmitted to your goals of personal health!

Niether DH or I have been called to jury duty before. Hoping that all this talk of it doesn't "bless" with a notice!

How is this for an NSV - I can now sit in the tub and not have the water plugged behind me my hips are now small enought for the water to drain properly and not have me as the fleshy dam!

5 flats !?!?! I struggled with the two and a bit that I had! Good luck GG! My family love it and well the lack of sugar is a great thing!