Old 07-01-2008, 09:31 AM   #406  

S/C/G: 153/148/140

Height: 5'7

Hello everyone!
I just looked at our weigh in thread, looks good,, but I haven't looked on the others teams so you never know who wins ..

One question to all of you, are there any plans on a new fitness challenge for July and the beginning of August??

Would love to have one those last weeks.. I didn't join the last one because i was in the middle of moving and a lot of stuff happened...
Old 07-01-2008, 09:48 AM   #407  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi,

I finally made it back to the fitness center last night. I didn't do as much as normal but it was a start back and it felt good. Tonight is garden/yard work and horseback riding. I updated the exercise challenge to finish out June for myself. I had a good month going and then fell apart in the end. Bah! But still got $1,405 for the month.

I do hope that we do a July exercise challenge as well. I need something as a challenge or else I seem to kinda forget. I think that's why going for the badges really helped me get my exercise goals met.

Turns out I came in second for the fitness center's Biggest Loser challenge with total loss of 14 pounds. Yeah! Not that I won anything but I'm thrilled with the loss. I'm geared up mentally to get another few pounds off during the last weeks of this challenge.

to all!

Last edited by Terri in MO; 07-01-2008 at 09:48 AM.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:52 AM   #408  

S/C/G: 170/162/136

Height: 5'5

Phew-it has been awhile!

I survived the migrane (Bette I get optical ones when I am stressed-I loose all my periphrial vission and my left eye gets split vission-WEIRD stuff! I too have had all the tests and they have yet to find a reason for them). The family all seems to be healthy. We started to drink Monavie and I can tell a difference. Exercies has been going well this week, except today it is my birthday and dh thought I would want to sleep in so he turned off the alarm-what a guy-except that I wanted to get up and work out. It is too hot now but maybe this evening-oh and I can go swim laps this evening too-yipee!

I have got all caught up on the reading this thread and have to say you all are so smart/informative/friendly/willing to share that it makes me so glad to be part of this team! :heart:

Well I am not sure what the plans are today, and not sure if I will be around much so I hope you all have a GREAT day-Canadians happy holiday!
Old 07-01-2008, 11:09 AM   #409  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Hey all! It's GREAT to see so many people posting again!!

For July we could do a challenge kinda based on heat. 'Getting Hot' or 'Melting Away' . . . I don't know. Just throwing out ideas.

Last edited by ggmugsy; 07-01-2008 at 11:10 AM.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:26 AM   #410  

S/C/G: 162/156.5/142

Height: 5'2+"

I was wondering if people wanted an OP/exercise thread....

I will start one, but what does everyone want to do?

Do you want to set your own goals? This way you are really competing against yourself, which is essentially your biggest competitor and saboteur, lol. Like x minutes of exercise by the end of July? Or what?
We can also do bonus challenges to, or whatever....let's figure it out as a team! (cuz if it was up to me we'd be racing to a nude beach with hot cabana boys, but I don't think that would fly too well. Maybe last year's black team was sluttier... )
Old 07-01-2008, 11:29 AM   #411  

I love the idea of having side challenges to earn extra points. That way people who aren't exercising for long periods of time have a way of catching up.

I like the minutes / OP challenge but maybe staying OP should be worth MORE than just 10 points?

Also, what if we do a bonus for consecutive days of exercise and/or if you exercise 3 - 4 times per week you get a 10 point bonus or something. Or 10 points for each day of exercise over 3 days???

???

Last edited by ggmugsy; 07-01-2008 at 11:30 AM.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:40 AM   #412  
Expecting baby #1! 9/7/09

S/C/G: 320.2/273.2/160

Height: 5'6"

Happy Birthday SMURF!!!!!!!
:balloo ns:

Last edited by blueyedlvrgirl; 07-01-2008 at 11:43 AM.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:46 AM   #413  

Happy Birthday Smurf!!!!!!
Old 07-01-2008, 11:55 AM   #414  

Okay, so I have a goal in my head, but I thought if I posted it I would be more shamed into doing it, lol.

Next week, I am going to a John Mayer concert. I can't wait to buy fun concert clothes! Not only am I going to the concert, but I get to meet him backstage before hand.....WOOT!!!!!! DH is going too so I will be controlled by my handler, lol!!

I am pretty good with concrete deadlines, so that morning I want to wake up and have the scale be in the 139's. I think it is doable, IF I start exercising.

Also, I am going to see my sis and she hasn't seen me since I've lost any weight. I am excited to show her my success, but want to feel "fresh off the treadmill skinny" that I only get from exercising....know what I mean??
Old 07-01-2008, 12:01 PM   #415  

Happy Birthday Smurf!!! Enjoy your day!!!

Awesome goal Ceegee!!
Old 07-01-2008, 02:07 PM   #416  
I heart 3FC

S/C/G: 210/197/135

Height: 5'2" Age: 28

Happy birthday, Smurf! Hope it's a great one!

Ceegee, I saw John Mayer in concert in 2003. It was awesome. Didn't get to meet him, though. That's pretty cool!
Old 07-01-2008, 02:24 PM   #417  

S/C/G: 153/148/140

Height: 5'7

Happy Birthday!!!

I also like the minutes / OP challenge,, I love when there are bonus challenges or anything that can get you some extra points .. Racing to a beach wouldn't be to bad that neither.. (just maybe not a nude one for me ) .. Any challenge will be good for me..
Old 07-01-2008, 02:44 PM   #418  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/153

Height: 5'6"

Okay, before I forget. Some of you are asking how many of us there are left in the challenge. We started with 62 and now we have 36 left. It's not too terribly bad. Still a strong number.

Speaking of strong numbers, today is Tuesday right? It is results day right? Or have I just completely lost it?! Nevertheless our results are posted for the Black Team and you ladies did INCREDIBLE!!!!! Go check it out if you haven't already!!! So stinkin proud!!!!!

AND, HAPPY BIRTHDAY SMURF!!!!!!
Old 07-01-2008, 02:48 PM   #419  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Happy Birthday, SMURF!!!

I slept all of 2 hours last night. I am going to try and rest today, not going to work or school until tonight. I can't usually sleep in the day, but I will try. Oh! My poor tired body and mind.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:07 PM   #420  

staja - congrats for being our biggest loser!!

we posted some incredible numbers this past week - wow!!

i'm still part of Black Team - yeah!

june was filled with travel (11 days) and challenges. july will have less travel so my goal is to buckle down on food and workouts.

i'm still rolling along with P90X. i started week 3 today.

i lowered my calorie range to 1450-1500. must stay focused and plan, plan, plan healthy food choices. while i always record my food at the daily plate, i usually record what i ate AFTER i ate it. i want to start thinking a little further ahead and sketching in the day more specifically.

i usually know what dinner is going to be and breakfast is one of a couple of regular choices. lunch and snacks would be where i most wing it. want to come up with some easy healthy choices and stick to 'em. right now my lunch choices are: south beach pizza (love 'em/love pizza), morningstar burger on lite english muffin with lite cheddar cheese, open faced english muffin with turkey and lite cheese. very infrequently i'll have healthy tuna salad on wasa crackers - i'd probably choose this more regularly if i'd make a batch of the tuna salad in advance.

here's to a good month.