Old 05-13-2008, 09:50 PM   #151  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Hi all! I'm with you on milk prices. It makes me very glad that I bought a soy milk maker (Soyabella) for valentine's day. I make soy milk for about 35 cents a quart

I'm bummed about the results this week. But TOM and other issues really hit our team hard. I just KNOW we are gonna do better this week.

I like the badge challenge. However, I think the number of minutes is going up pretty rapidly, and I don't know how much longer I will be able to make the challenge. I might just have to start those "cleaning" minutes. (Shy - you should be fine if you count yours )

Hope everyone is staying strong this week. We need to knock blue team outta the top spot.

C'mon - we CAN do this!!!
Old 05-13-2008, 10:39 PM   #152  
Takin' charge of my life!

Hey my red teamies!! Hope everything is going well. Just a quick flyby tonight as I am beat after boot camp.

Weighed in this morning and I am out of the 230s and was at 229!! Yeah, I am now only 11 pounds heavier than hubby who says he will not let me weigh less than him. We will see about that! I have not weighed less than him since before I became pregnant 9 years ago.

I had 4 people at work today say that I was looking a lot skinnier. Talk about boosting the ego! I think it may have something to do with the fact that I was wearing black pants and a black cardigan and heels. LOL They say otherwise! It's nice to hear compliments but I'm still try to getting used to it

I got my butt whooped by Bob Jr (aka Marty) tonight. He kept telling me he is pushing me cause he knows I can do what he wants. This is definitely what I need but dang do I feel sore afterwards! Tonight we did weights, haven't done weights with him for quite some time, so I am going to be in some major upper body pain tomorrow, it's already started.

Hope everyone has a great evening and a great Wednesday. I'll try to check in tomorrow evening.
Old 05-13-2008, 10:45 PM   #153  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Andi, you are so lucky to be able to train with Marty! I am so envious. But it makes me smile watching shrink more and more and you are just getting stronger & stronger. That's so awesome! Do you tell them about us over here @3fc?
Old 05-13-2008, 11:06 PM   #154  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

I'm still working on reading through but it sounds like maybe we want to do a challenge that focuses on the food aspect rather than the exercise...I'm all for that!! I'm struggling with all parts right now so wherever I can start! The exercise challenge was too much for me too, I cant even seem to find time for 30 minutes let alone 60+ a day, kudos to those who can but there just arent enough hours in the day lately! So I'll come up with something fun! That focuses on making good healthy choices, maybe a little journaling so we can work out some of the emotional kinks too...sound like a plan?

I'll keep reading see what you've decided LOL!
Old 05-13-2008, 11:14 PM   #155  
Melissa

Thats it Muse gets the hula hoop! LOL!!

Danielle I cannot WAIT to talk to you!!! Dying to hear what the epiphany was.

Roni....you should try the Barilla plus pasta...it is a bit more expensive which kinda negates your pocketbook issues but I cant tell its whole wheat, my entire picky butt family eats it and never bats a lash about it.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:20 PM   #156  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

S/C/G: Year 2010: 149.8/145/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catsgetnhealthy View Post
@$4.28 a gallon..

I wonder why it's like that in the south. My gf back home(Tx) said milk was around this price. I got it at Sam's yesterday for 2.66 and at the grocery store here in town, it's 2.99.
well here in the fort hood/killeen tx area...it all depends on where you're shopping. walmart is about $3.89/gallon. the shoppette here on post (gas station) is about $3.99/gallon, the sams club (about 30 miles from here) is about $3.24/gallon (great if you wanna spend the money on gas)....and our commissary (grocery store on post) is usually about $3.59/gallon. i love being on WIC, but since my oldest is 5 now, we only get 4.5 gallons/month (and my 2 y/o goes thru that in like a week or two)....so i've started to notice the cost of milk more now...sucks....

on the other hand, our gas here is around $3.59 to $3.79 per gallon....
Old 05-13-2008, 11:22 PM   #157  
Melissa

Here in Montana milk is hovering around $4 a gallon too, sometimes it'll be on sale for $3ish but very seldomly, I think the Viva Skim Delight that I love is actually $4.89...gas...ugh! We paid $3.66 this morning
Old 05-13-2008, 11:34 PM   #158  
I believe in myself

S/C/G: 257/200/160

Height: 5'8

Just popping in to say g'night.I'm watching Workout and came to turn off the computer and here I am. lol. I'm up for any challenge ya'll want to do.
Talk to ya'll in the morning. Oh I didn't do my evening workout, got caught up with looking stuff up online and before I knew it the boys were coming in from playing and ended up finishing homework and all that stuff. I did get in 45 minutes today though.
Okay now I'm going........ lol...
Old 05-14-2008, 12:09 AM   #159  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

I don't want to hear about gas. It's like 4.15 here... for the lowest grade. Milk on the other hand is usually on sale for 2.50ish. I rather have the cheaper gas!

Barilla plus pasta is FABULOUS - It is more expensive but I stock up when it's on sale. You really can't tell much of a difference between it and regular pasta. All the other whole wheat pastas I've tried I don't care for...

Now if you excuse me I have a hula-hoop lump on the head.
Old 05-14-2008, 12:44 AM   #160  
McLovin' *TBL Red Team*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hun.e.B View Post
Here in Montana milk is hovering around $4 a gallon too, sometimes it'll be on sale for $3ish but very seldomly, I think the Viva Skim Delight that I love is actually $4.89...gas...ugh! We paid $3.66 this morning
My milk is over $5 a gallon. I do get the organic milk though. It tastes SOO much better! I will never go back!

Roni - I get whole wheat spiral pasta from Trader Joe's and no one knows it is whole wheat. It is the best!! I had to check the label again because I thought I messed up and grabbed the wrong bag. Not sure if you have TJ's though. They are pretty cheap!

I have to agree with everyone else regarding the exercise challenge. The minutes are just too many for me! I barely got a badge last week and don't think I will come close this week. I like the idea of points or something based on food. Food I am good at.

Last edited by xGurlyGrlx; 05-14-2008 at 12:45 AM.
Old 05-14-2008, 01:04 AM   #161  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Counting
I do an average of 650 min for 5 week days. If the challenge goes over that lol I will add housework. Heck I do on average 1200 min of housework in 5 weekdays. I don't guess I need to exercise lol
Old 05-14-2008, 01:23 AM   #162  
Be the change

Andi-Congrats!

Melissa--A food challenge sounds wonderful! I could totally use that right now.

I can't wait until Wii Fit comes out later this month. It looks like it will be lot of fun. We just got Mario Kart Wii. It's fun, but doesn't do much for exercise,

I've been so busy this week. I'm doing fine with exercise, but my eating hasn't been perfect because there isn't much time to plan meals.

My family and a few of our homeschooling friends are putting on a Shakespeare play with our kids. The kids ages 4-13 are amazing as they memorize the difficult language. We're performing it on Monday. After that is over, I hope to have more time to focus on eating right. I also hope to have more time to write my thesis again. I want to get it finished before the end of June. If I can, I should be able to graduate in our fall commencement.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:20 AM   #163  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hun.e.B View Post
Thats it Muse gets the hula hoop! LOL!!

Danielle I cannot WAIT to talk to you!!! Dying to hear what the epiphany was.

Roni....you should try the Barilla plus pasta...it is a bit more expensive which kinda negates your pocketbook issues but I cant tell its whole wheat, my entire picky butt family eats it and never bats a lash about it.
Danielle, I wanna know too!

Mel, that's one I use with the Omega 3's and sometimes I get that Smart pasta. Jess is usually the one who cooks our pasta related meals, and he's tried them, and hates it. lol! I ususally eat a serving size now, where in the past I would have a HUGE plate of the reg pasta & bread. I also have zucchini and squash and veggies with my pasta meals and I totally skip the bread.

The good news is after my going off and yelling @ Jess yesterday morning, he was a bit humbled. Apparently when he came to tell my bye and I love you in the morning before he left, I didn't hear him at all, so he left thinking I hated him, lol! He called me from work to see if I was still mad, and was all lovey dovey last night. Maybe I shd yell at him more?

As for a challenge,
I'd like a points or money thing. Maybe 1 point/dollar for every minute exercised. 10 for remaining OP, 5 for getting the water in, and bonus points for trying something new (veggies, a new exercise or whatnot) geared towards something or someplace. Like so many points/dollars and at the end you get a new Exercise equipment, Jewelry, a day @ the Spa or beauty Salon, or go to a fabulous beach...Maybe a real life reward that YOU can aim for yourself...something like that.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:05 AM   #164  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5'5

Our regular milk is about $3.22 a gallon but Kroger runs 1/2 gallons 4/$5 so that's only $2.50 per gallon, and they run that sale every other week. However we try to buy organic usually and it's $5.39 per gallon. I can get it within a few days of expiration marked down to $2.99 and I think the organic stays good longer than regular.

My son has to has rice milk which is close to $3 per half gallon. Fortunately he's the only one who has to have that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbake View Post
My family and a few of our homeschooling friends are putting on a Shakespeare play with our kids. The kids ages 4-13 are amazing as they memorize the difficult language. We're performing it on Monday.
That sounds so cute! We also homeschool. Good luck with your thesis!
Old 05-14-2008, 09:09 AM   #165  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Morning y'all!

The fires are contained around me (sorta), but there are still lots of folks without power. My office is just fine, even though the fire came pretty dang close!

I looked at the REDWINS challenge--pretty cool! I would go for a points/dollars thing too. Anything to motivate me!