Old 05-16-2008, 10:51 AM   #271  
~One Day At A Time~

S/C/G: 301.2/Ticker/250

Height: 5 6"

Morning!
I'm feeling much, much better today. I guess I just needed some adjustment time. Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement!

Today is a rainy day here in NY. I'm going to workout in a little bit. After that I'll shower and do some laundry and watch a movie with the baby. Have a great day everyone!

kellybones~ I'm glad I'm not the only one. Are you feeling any better today?

Diva~ Your absolutely right! I did have the "after vacation blues". It's really hard to go away on a relaxing vacation and then have to come home to bills, work, school, ect.........But hey, thats life...right?! I'm much better today. I snapped out of it. Thanks for putting on your Jillian Hat. I really needed that! I was reading your post last night and I said to myself "you know what? She's right!" Thank You for that

CountingDown~ My boyfriend is looking into getting a Scooter. Gas here is up to 4.00 a gallon to. It's horrible! We spend so much money in gas and it just makes me cringe!

Emily~ I can't wait until I can run...LOL!

Diva~ I did that a few weeks ago. We went to Carvel with the kids. I only had half and I worked it off the next day.

Jen415~ I love when that happens! If I go out somewhere (to a restaurant or something) I feel much, much more comfortable when I see someone my size. I don't know it's a wierd feeling.

MonteCristo~ Don't have the Potatoe Chips! But if your really craving them just have two or three and fit into your calories for the day. Moderation

Diva~ They are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute!!!! I love Animals!

Karen ~ Thank You, and your right! Staying OP is a huge accomplishment for me. If this was a few months ago then I would have just threw in the towel. Not this time!

Melissa~ I think I'm going to take your advice and start Journaling. I know that when I was done posting how I was feeling I felt so much better. So maybe it would be a good idea for me to do that.

Tina30~ I know exactly how you feel. I had the same problem with my sister and her kids. I love them all so much but I also love my clean house and my routine...LOL!

Melissa~ My boyfriend just looked up when we are getting that stimulous check. It said I should be getting mine July 11th?! What the heck ever happened to May?! LOL! It is a pain in the rear! When your done building your outside oasis can you come and build me one? It sounds so relaxing!
Old 05-16-2008, 11:27 AM   #272  
Be the change

Morning Team! Got my exercise in the morning. I'm off to dress rehearsal. I'll try to get some pictures of the costumes. Have a great OP day!
Old 05-16-2008, 11:36 AM   #273  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTimeIsDifferent View Post
MonteCristo~ Don't have the Potatoe Chips! But if your really craving them just have two or three and fit into your calories for the day. Moderation
I better not have them at all. I'm doing low carb, so I'm not really suppose to eat any of them, and once I get started on chips, there is absolutely no telling when I'll stop. The teeny tiniest bag I've ever seen has 27carbs (most of my daily allowance, and I'm not going to do that to myself. Instead I'll eat......a raw carrot.
Old 05-16-2008, 11:37 AM   #274  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Lonnie...I'm so happy to hear you are feeling better today, and I'm really excited for you to try out some journaling! Several years ago I lost 75 lbs and I had journaled every single day. I only do it sporadically now and yet I wonder why I'm struggling? LOL! I hope today is a GREAT day for you!

Tina...yay! out of baby jail! LOL!! They are exhausting arent they? I wonder how I ever did it!

Jen...have a wonderful day!! Excellent job on that workout!
Old 05-16-2008, 11:45 AM   #275  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Dont forget this weekend we are gathering the progress reports for our pushing it challenge!! Lets see how far everyone has come in the past 2 weeks! I found kinda a fun exercise challege! I know our next one is gonna be food so maybe we can do this in addition....what do ya think?

Edited: its not an exercise challenge per say. Its the president's challenge, I thought it would be fun if we all did it, got a starting point and then checked it again in the last week of the challege.

Last edited by Hun.e.B; 05-16-2008 at 11:47 AM.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:08 PM   #276  

S/C/G: 192.8/152.2/137

Height: 5'3"

Hey guys !
I'm mostly back on my plan
Sort of

Exercise wise I'm good - I went to the gym, I even did my pushup challenge and hopefully will remember to post those numbers at home since I wrote them down and forgot them!

Eating wise though...oh, while I'm still being good, I can TELL that this is my PMS week! I just want to eat an entire cow. You know, if the cow were made of chocolate.

Also, work is killing me. I'm going on vacation next week and today is my last day - so I keep telling myself it will be okay...but I've got two $250,000 machines that WILL NOT WORK. Stupid expensive over-priced POS's!!!!

And I would be interested in doing the food challenge and the presidential challenge, but I like challenges!
Old 05-16-2008, 12:44 PM   #277  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

I got "The Check" a few days ago as well. Looks like the right amount. Stimulus my *** though mine is paying off one of the credit cards.

"I'm a little bummed. I mean, I workout so hard and try my best to be OP and lose weight SOOOOOO SLOWLY! I wanted to be a skinny mini this year, and clearly I wasn't. I don't understand how I don't see that fat girl in the mirror."

Diva I lose slowly too unless I record all my food calories. Do you write down everything you eat somewhere? It seriously helps and allows you to see what the exercise calories earn you. It's not as much as you would think in most cases. I know what you mean about not seeing the fat girl that everyone else sees. I'm so much smaller then I was that I feel somewhat small... but then I see a picture and think holy crap I still look big. I'm not sure why I'm surprised after all I weigh close to 200lbs. My mind doesn't know how I look anymore though.
Old 05-16-2008, 01:30 PM   #278  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Happy Friday everyone! Don't have much time today. Just wanted to wish all a great a weekend! My oldest DD and I are going to visit my mom for the weekend, leaving DH here with the two babies. I'm bringing a Jennifer Weiner novel and I MAY ACTUALLY HAVE TIME TO READ!
Old 05-16-2008, 02:33 PM   #279  

S/C/G: 235/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Default hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellybones View Post
I just want to eat an entire cow. You know, if the cow were made of chocolate.
you are funny!!
So , not stuck in a mudhole, but I do have a lot to do !
Just wanted to say Hi, and will catch up later this weekend...
am doing good eating -wise (except for a run in with chocolate chips yesterday) and had a bit of chinese last night (about 1/2 what id normally have...since i filled up on raw veggies first!
thanks red team, I am really enjoying this challenge, all of your support, and getting to know y'all! You are awesome ladies, and i just know we are going to rock this challenge!!
kay, gotta run,
ttys
Karla

Last edited by wkgirl; 05-16-2008 at 02:34 PM.
Old 05-16-2008, 02:55 PM   #280  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealmuse View Post
I got "The Check" a few days ago as well. Looks like the right amount. Stimulus my *** though mine is paying off one of the credit cards.

"I'm a little bummed. I mean, I workout so hard and try my best to be OP and lose weight SOOOOOO SLOWLY! I wanted to be a skinny mini this year, and clearly I wasn't. I don't understand how I don't see that fat girl in the mirror."

Diva I lose slowly too unless I record all my food calories. Do you write down everything you eat somewhere? It seriously helps and allows you to see what the exercise calories earn you. It's not as much as you would think in most cases. I know what you mean about not seeing the fat girl that everyone else sees. I'm so much smaller then I was that I feel somewhat small... but then I see a picture and think holy crap I still look big. I'm not sure why I'm surprised after all I weigh close to 200lbs. My mind doesn't know how I look anymore though.
Yeah, I count my calories @ The Daily Plate, I measure everything, eat serving sizes. I log my exercise there too, but I try not to eat more than I am supposed to and if I do eat what they say I can because of exercise, I'll only do half (if that) of what they say because I think they over calculate calories burned. Sometimes I think I am destined to be fat forever. I don't get why some peeps can lose so much in a year and I've been doing this for 2 yrs now and all I've done is gain more. I have lost what I gained, but right now I weigh exactly what I did 2 yrs ago when I started this. *sigh*. I've tried everything from WW, calorie counting, South Beach, Atkins, and back to Calorie counting. I know it's gonna happen, I just wish it would happen faster. I totally need to dig into my Bob & YOAD books.
Old 05-16-2008, 03:07 PM   #281  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Diva - Sorry it's been so hard. Have you have your thyroid checked? You've probably already talked about this but if so I missed it. Some people just lose slower then other sometimes it is pcos or thyroid or medication they are on... You've lost some though you're on the right track. Doesn't matter if it's slow you'll get there. Just keep trying different things.
Old 05-16-2008, 03:35 PM   #282  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Yup, the thyroid is ok. I don't think I have female issues other then heavy painful periods, which have actually gotten a little easier since I started working out on a reg basis. My paps always come back normal. My right ovary and tube was removed 2 yrs ago because I had a grapefruit sized tumor. I have been taking Actos for the Diabetes up until last challenge and from all the exercise I do my numbers were so impressive that I was able to come off those. The doc said they made me retain water and just as soon as I got off them, I FINALLY got back into ONEderland, but every since I've yoyo'ed from 195 to 198. I want OUT of the 190's!!!!!!! It'll happen, I am just impatient. I'm sure once I get into the 180's, I'll wanna hurry and be in the 170's and so on.

Last edited by Diva; 05-16-2008 at 03:38 PM.
Old 05-16-2008, 03:53 PM   #283  

I've been where you are Roni! I was between 194 - 180 for about 5 years. I have had bouts where I tried really hard and couldn't make it under 180 (my old bumper weight). Of course, I'd gain weight back by no reason other than I quit eating healthy and didn't exercise. Just this year, I've been able to see progress. I started this year doing the Beck Diet Solution which helped me overcome some of the mental challenges. I really need to pull it back out or dive head first into Bob's book because I need the shot in the arm again.

I've always been scale dependent and find myself frustrated and then give up, over and over and over. I read an article in January that's main premise was to focus on the journey (living healthy) not the destination (the "numbers") which is what I'm really trying to do (although the destination is always in my sights). I am really trying to focus on being active and eating healthy....living healthy and letting the lost pounds be the side effect rather than focusing on the weight loss with the living healthy as a side effect. I'm not sure if that's what has attributed to my success this time or not.

Last edited by ksk571; 05-16-2008 at 03:56 PM.
Old 05-16-2008, 03:53 PM   #284  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

S/C/G: Year 2010: 149.8/145/130

Height: 5'6"

well hubby's going to the schoo to get our daughter (he took a four day for the weekend so we'd have our annv celebration).....and then he's gonna take her to best buy with him while me and lil man hang out here....i'm only 20 minutes away from my beach hop badge this week....so might try one of my new dvds i got in today. i ordered lots of ebay and they all came in today. got the 2008 WW starter kit (companion book, dining book, shot in the arm tips book, and the calculator), Denise Austin hit the spot pilates, and the 4 DVD set of WATP Walk Slim (firming, fast 4 miles, 4 big miles, and 1/2/3 fast miles)....excited!! now can do ONE dvd next week each day for 4 miles lol....might do the pilates one or the stretching (fast firming Leslie dvd).....so i can get my badge this week (will make 3 so far) and i wil get some stretching for my sore muscles....
Old 05-16-2008, 03:55 PM   #285  

Okay with that said ^, I've eaten horribly today. One of the girls at work brought treats for my Birthday, and I think I ate 75% of what she brought! They are now gone (and I have a bellyache! ) A couple of friends are taking me to my favorite Italian place tonight and then tomorrow it's back to OP for me. I'm going to enjoy my day and then get back on the wagon!