Old 05-12-2008, 10:18 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 360/tracker/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierHeather View Post
csChick are you a Lostie? I see from your avatar that you are. My DH and I are total Lostafarians. We named our 3rd child Penelope! She would have been Desmond if a boy.... Anyway. We should chat sometime. Are you on the Lostpedia forum? I lurk a lot but don't post much.
Yes, I'm a huge fan of the show. I've read alot on the Lostpedia site but not the forums. I'll have to check them out.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:49 AM   #32  
Catherine

S/C/G: 446/389/200

Height: 6'2

Hey everyone

I havent checked in at all this past week..we had another death in the family ( 2 this month), so its been pretty rough. I was down a pound, surprisingly, since I ate... well, I fell back to my old ways of eating when stressed, lets just say that.

Its been terrible, I just cant seem to resist comfort food ( AKA bad food) when I'm down, crying or stressed. Has anyone mastered this? And now I'm stuggling trying to get back OP, so I can get back to losing the weight..ugh.

Sorry. Had to vent.

Hope everyone else has a good week!!!
Old 05-12-2008, 10:51 AM   #33  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by joylove26 View Post
Well I lost a whole whopping half a lb. I really wanted more with all the exercise I did last week. Guess I'll have to try harder this week.

I'm so depressed today. I just want to crawl in a hole. I'm still going to try my best to stay on plan today though. Tomorrow will be better.

Have a great day everyone.
I'm so sorry to hear that you are so down today. I hope you find some sunshine worth smiling about.

Half a lb is nothing to sneeze at! Celebrate every single time that scale moves in the right direction no matter what the increment! Sometimes when we are really kicking but (especially with exercise) the scale just isnt gonna move for awhile. Thats because with that exercise you are building up your lean muscle tissue, which burns more calories than fat and is denser. So you may have lost more lbs in fat but with that addition of muscle it wont reflect on the scale, thats why measurements are so important! You still lost and that is FANTASTIC!!! Way to go on a successful week!!

Feel better soon! Dont give up on your goals! We can do this!
Old 05-12-2008, 10:53 AM   #34  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenButterfly View Post
Hey everyone

I havent checked in at all this past week..we had another death in the family ( 2 this month), so its been pretty rough. I was down a pound, surprisingly, since I ate... well, I fell back to my old ways of eating when stressed, lets just say that.

Its been terrible, I just cant seem to resist comfort food ( AKA bad food) when I'm down, crying or stressed. Has anyone mastered this? And now I'm stuggling trying to get back OP, so I can get back to losing the weight..ugh.

Sorry. Had to vent.

Hope everyone else has a good week!!!
I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. Its hard to stay focused when things like this happen. Just remember those goal. Congrats on the loss! Thats good news! I wish I'd have an answer for the emotional eating but I dont! Just dont give up on you! Your goals are too important, nothing can hold you back unless you let it!
Old 05-12-2008, 11:04 AM   #35  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Happy Monday, y'all!

I get excited every time I can move my ticker down! This might sound like cheating, but I only move it if the numbers go down! I can fluctuate wildly with water weight, so I just ignore when it goes up and acknowledge when it goes down!

What do y'all do?
Old 05-12-2008, 11:12 AM   #36  
I believe in myself

S/C/G: 257/200/160

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by csChick View Post
My official weigh-in date for the challenge is Saturday, and unfortunately I was up 2.2 pounds (305.8). Thankfully, this morning my weigh in was 301. After 5 days of up or no loss, I'm finally losing again. Too bad it was too late for the challenge. Hopefully, next week's weigh-in will show a big loss for our team.

The great news is with one more pound gone I will be at 60 pounds total loss since Jan 02,2008. And with only 2 more pounds and I'll finally be under 300. I'm gonna be so happy!
That's awesome!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealmuse View Post
Hi All

Hope all you moms had a good mothers day. I'm only the mom to 2 cats.

Yesterday was my 1-year weight loss anniversary. I took the weight from my last weigh in calling it 105lbs in one year. Not so shabby!

Hopefully I'll have a small but decent loss to report in the morning.

Hope you have a great start to the new week!
That's awesome too!! How inspiring both of you are!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hun.e.B View Post
Hello Red team!! Seems like its been ages since I've checked in! Graduation is finally over! Was a very eventful, exciting and I'm exhausted! LOL!

I've still got family here so my time spent at home and online is spotty but I wanted to wish everyone a fantastic week!! I'm taking a freebie this week for obvious reasons!

Dont forget Week 2 Weigh ins are due Monday 11:59 pm EST!
Glad your graduation went well and was fun! Oh and I actually posted my weight this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi18 View Post
I broke my fever this morning around 4:30, gosh I hate that feeling! Sweaty yet cold, can't get comfortable. I'm still not feeling the greatest but I'm going to try to make it to work. I hope everyone has a great Monday! Oh and I had a 3 pound loss for this week! I'm sure a lot of it has to do with yesterday Not the way I want to lose, but it's a jump start to they system.

Plan for the week:
Monday:
Jogging with my son outside if nice otherwise on the treadmill
Tuesday:
Boot camp with M&A
Wednesday:
Jogging with my son outside if nice otherwise on the treadmill
Thursday:
Boot camp with M&A
Friday:
6.5 hour car drive to ND (may have to get a jog in in the morning)
Saturday:
5k starting at 8:15 am CT (son's 1.2 Youth Run starts at 4:20 pm
Sunday:
6.5 hour car drive to NE (talk about a short weekend!) all of this driving for 40 minutes of jogging...doesn't seem right!
Hope you get to feeling better now that the fever broke and wanted to wish you luck on your 5K and your son's run!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joylove26 View Post
Well I lost a whole whopping half a lb. I really wanted more with all the exercise I did last week. Guess I'll have to try harder this week.

I'm so depressed today. I just want to crawl in a hole. I'm still going to try my best to stay on plan today though. Tomorrow will be better.

Have a great day everyone.
Joy I'm sorry your bummed, but girl you lost and maybe your body is just adjusting to all the exercise you did. Do stay OP, I'm betting your hard work will show next week!

Diva~ Dollywood sounds awesome!! Course I think all places like that now are just so outrageous price wise. Glad you had a good weekend.

Shey~ how cool of your FIL. Glad ya'll had a nice ride.

((( Everyone ))) Hope ya'll's weekend went well too. Yesterday I just lazed around, read and did laundry. We did go out to eat with dh's mom and sis at Outback and I did really well. It's nice to have some of the bloomin' onion and a piece of bread but not go piggy with it. I have lowered my WW points to 25, from 28, I tore out all the flex and core menus out of my WW mags to use as guides. I'll try the points this week and see how it goes as I've been comtemplating switching to core.
Well I better get, got some errands to run. Oh, stamps went up 1 cent today. so I need to go by the post office and get some 1 cent stamps.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:16 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 237/232/157

Height: 5'7

Hello Ladies....I hope I'm still in the challange! I totally forgot that we need to participate in the chats, and it slipped my mind. I am very excited that I lost 3 lbs last week (yay me!) and hope I can keep it up.

I started running last week (or least trying to)...lol...I am trying to train myself (yikes) and I have been working on 30 second sprints. I started with 4 sprints and I keep trying to add another sprint each time. I will be working up to 45 second sprints soon, hopefully. Wish me luck!

Yay Red Team, we are doing great!!!!
Old 05-12-2008, 11:35 AM   #38  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

Agathachristie - I was exactly your weight when I started running too back in January. I can now run over an hour! Just keep alternating walking and running and increase it a bit each week. It seems impossible at first, but you'll get there. Congrats on starting!
Old 05-12-2008, 12:00 PM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierHeather View Post
csChick are you a Lostie? I see from your avatar that you are. My DH and I are total Lostafarians. We named our 3rd child Penelope! She would have been Desmond if a boy.... Anyway. We should chat sometime. Are you on the Lostpedia forum? I lurk a lot but don't post much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csChick View Post
Yes, I'm a huge fan of the show. I've read alot on the Lostpedia site but not the forums. I'll have to check them out.
I'm a lostie, too. I don't think I've ever been to Lostpedia. I've checked out the ABC forums from time to time. I got burned a couple of times by not being able to resist spoilers and then regretting it when I'm watching and wish I didn't have any clue what was going to happen.
Old 05-12-2008, 12:14 PM   #40  
last time

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/168

Height: 5'8"

Cool

hey everyone! i didnt lose this week but i stayed the same so thats better than gaining. i start my new program today and we will see how it works. hope you all have a lovely week. i am going to try to work on getting badges this week. i know i need to continue to move.
Old 05-12-2008, 12:16 PM   #41  
Be the change

Good Morning Team!

Muse-You are so inspiring! 105 lbs in a year is amazing! Kudos to you!
Melissa-Congrats on the graduation!
BrokenButterfly-I'm so sorry for your loss.

I hope everyone had a great weekend (especially the moms).
Old 05-12-2008, 12:22 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 237/232/157

Height: 5'7

Idealmuse - Absolutely fabulous! Your weight loss is amazing and I very much appreciate the support for running....you are definitely an inspiration.
Old 05-12-2008, 12:26 PM   #43  

Morning/Afternoon Ladies...

199.8 ..... it's about as close as I can get to being under 200, but I'M THERE !

I hope everyone is having a great day, I'm sorry I can't stay and chat, but we are headed to Florida later tonight and I'm not ready.
Old 05-12-2008, 12:39 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 192.8/152.2/137

Height: 5'3"

Happy Monday!

I'm still wired from biking 15 miles yesterday. Or maybe it was the really good 8 hours of sleep I got last night. Or getting up and going to the gym this morning. Whatever it is, I wish I could feel like this everyday. I want to go run up and down the stairs or go around the building. I am super-duper pumped!!

Man, you'd think I'd had coffee and sugar for breakfast, I'm all bouncing in my chair and everything!

Here's sending some of my ridiculous amounts of energy out to all of you!!!
Old 05-12-2008, 12:43 PM   #45  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Tina
This woman is terrible. She is always going on and on to all of us that are trying to lose weight. She goes on about the scale isn't accurate so we might as well not count on what it says. Who cares, if you go by that scale and are always dropping weight. Does it really matter if it is accurate. She refers to over weight woman as really fat woman. She just isn't a nice person in general. She is mean and nasty in other ways too to all the patients. When I said to her well if I had stayed the same the scale would have read 147 and it doesn't it says 143 so I still lost weight. She said ya but it could have said less than that couldn't it. Just not nice at all.