Old 04-18-2008, 09:54 AM   #481  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
I spent at least an hour in the store...comparison shopping for the best deals....and, spent $140 for a family of four! I think that's pretty amazing. Of course, we'll have to make at least one grocery run a week for milk, bread, etc, but I think we'll save quite a bit. Hubby tends to run to the store for dinner items at least 3 times a week.
I did ours for two weeks. I spent $77 at Kroger last night, and I hope to only spend $170 at Trader Joe's. And when it's gone, it is pasta and bean soup, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiedieter View Post
Anna - Are you and Meara still hanging in there? I hope you didn't get too shaken up by the earthquake.

The "Bob" shirt is boring.
I will say that when you are on seizure watch, you DON'T want to feel the bed shake like that! Actually, I did not think it was Meara, but my immediate thought was tornado. Once I realized it was an earthquake, I was like, "Hey! COOL!"

About the shirts.....I worry that by letting Chelle designed them, they will say, "I broke Bob Harper" and have a naked, hooded female riding him with spurs and a crop.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:05 AM   #482  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthetee View Post
About the shirts.....I worry that by letting Chelle designed them, they will say, "I broke Bob Harper" and have a naked, hooded female riding him with spurs and a crop.

Last edited by Diva; 04-18-2008 at 10:06 AM.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:08 AM   #483  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Quote:
I love it!
Old 04-18-2008, 10:16 AM   #484  

S/C/G: 164/160/120

Height: 5'2

I HAVE SET A GOAL LADIES TO LOSE 10LBS BY MOTHERS DAY... BUT IM GOING TO NEED SOME SUPORT BECAUSE THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I'VE DONE THIS. BUT I REALLY BELEIVE ITS GOING TO WORK FOR ME..

Old 04-18-2008, 10:21 AM   #485  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
OH OH OH !!!

When can I get mine! (FOCL)
Old 04-18-2008, 10:24 AM   #486  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

S/C/G: Year 2010: 149.8/145/130

good luck on your goal of losing 10# by mom's day....maybe i should set myself some mini goals to hit so i feel like i'm getting something accomplished....i have recently started back walking on my treadmill and have attempted running the last two days (3.5 minutes on wed and 8 minutes yesterday)....which is huge for me since i NEVER run anywhere lol slowly but surely. we will get our goals done! and hopefully earlier than we had planned

I seemed to be on a plateau on my scale - nothing is moving anywhere no matter how much/little i eat and workout....soemthing's got to give soon....grrr...it's good i am maintaining and not gaining....but i want to see the numbers drop and clothes get looser....

Last edited by ArmyWife02; 04-18-2008 at 10:25 AM.
Old 04-18-2008, 11:12 AM   #487  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Palak Paneer for lunch....mmmmmm
Old 04-18-2008, 12:01 PM   #488  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Rhonda--if you have the patience for clipping coupons, you can really save a lot on groceries. I match coupons up to sale items, for example I get all my cleaning supplies practically free, like 50 cent to a buck for brand name good cleaning stuff, I won't pay more now that I have learned how cheap I can get it. Example: yesterday I went to Harris Teeter (the more expensive store in our town) and my total came to almost $130, but when they scanned my card for store sales then put through my coupons I only paid $54. Then I went across town to Food Lion (cheaper store) and my total was around $60 and I paid $28 after coupons. the best deals are when I find meat and deli stuff with the yellow stickers because they are almost to their sell by date, and I have a coupon, I get that stuff way cheap come home and pop it in the deep freeze...or Harris Teeter marks theirs down a week before the sell by date sometimes so I just put it in the fridge. I know coupons can be a hassle, but I think it's fun to see what bargains I can get each week. I spend maybe 15-20 minutes a week clipping coupons, another half hour or so looking at the weekly store ads online and digging out matching coupons, then at the store sometimes have to stand in the aisle digging out ones that I find on sale in store...but I'd rather take that extra time to cut the bill in half, sometimes even more. and I'm not talking just food, I get everything from candles and cleaning supplies, etc. from the grocery store and pay next to nothing. Even if I won a million dollars I would continue doing this
Old 04-18-2008, 12:06 PM   #489  

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE ! ! !

Keillynsmom - count me in for the Bob book discussion.

Andi18 - Good Luck with getting the new job...and WTG on the 30lbs.

glitterlicious - you can do this...if I can do this, you can do this.

Welcome Halichick! It's easy...you just lose weight while having fun.

Purple - "...figures, the one night I slack and don't open that backpack, it has something important in it." Isn't that the way!

southern momma - you can count on us for support...10 lbs by Mothers Day is a great goal.

Everyone else - HIYA !

OK, last night I had my hair cut...we went to see Sean at his new "Man Spa"...(he was our neighbor and cut our hair in his garage, now he has opened up his own place and doesn't cut hair in his garage and we make him let us in when we girls won't scare the boys). ANYWAY - He was very cute...after cutting our hair, he dragged out all of this Noveir product so that we could start firming up those little crows feet and stuff we mature women tend to get. He is also insistent that we tell him when we are available so he can have the manicurist/pedicurist "do some work"...AND then, it was the clothes critique. According to Sean, I should be wearing a size smaller and my workout buddy should be wearing 2 sizes smaller...you would think that we were slobs that couldn't take care of ourselves, but it is such a fabulous ego boost....everyone needs their own "queer eye" guy.

And finally (for now at least)...I have sworn off chips...any chips, all chips, Guiltless Gourmet, Trader Joes, Frito Lay...it doesn't matter. I will no longer eat any chips. Wish me luck.
Old 04-18-2008, 12:49 PM   #490  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Rhonda--Ditto Purple on using the coupons for items that are on sale. I am single but I am known as a bargain shopper when it comes to buying groceries. I use the same process as Purple with looking at the sales paper and matching up coupons. I love seeing how much I have saved for the year so far at the bottom of the receipt.

Bob shirt--It is quite boring and if it was $10 instead of $20 I would buy it to work out in.

I am hobbling around today because of Jillian. I'm not scared though. I will tackle it again tomorrow.
Old 04-18-2008, 01:08 PM   #491  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

It won't be that bad! I promise!

I'll just have to find a shirt I like to make the iron on for

I have a screaming caffeine headache today since I attempted like an idiot to cut my soda consumption to zero in 24 hours... my body is screaming at me NO! Going from 6 to 7 diet pepsi's a day to nothing is way too hard.

I'm on day 5! I'm hoping I can keep this tread of eating good so I can start to focus on what I want to do personal trainer wise right before the challenge.

Not much else going on here... trying to finish Eternal Love so I can move on to another book...
Old 04-18-2008, 01:24 PM   #492  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Red face

I just did and hour 1/2 workout. 3 k on the and then and whatnot I'm a little pooped but feel good! I was a moody byotch yesterday and took it out on my peeps, cuz that's how I roll. I think a combination of the almost Full Moon & pms creeping up on me, not to mention a sinus situation trying get me, I was just Blah.... but I feel better so far today. I DID over eat.

I'll def do the Bob Book discussion thingy....since we'll all be somewhat spread in the 3 teams maybe once we begin we can start a Bob Book Discussion thread for everyone who wants to do it?...Just a thought. Since my best friend gave me a Gift card to Walden's books, I'll go get mine on Monday after my doc appt. I was going to get Buff Brides, but screw it, I'll get me some Bob. Wish I could get both.

to the Newbies again! I am so excited y'all are chatting already and good luck with your goals! I was trying to lose 10 more before May 10th, but I seem to be at another platue....sigh....

Oh a Shout Out to Vanetta! You make me smile girly! I used to have my very own "queer Eye" guy back home, but I've yet to find me one in TN. Too many Hillbillies I think, lol! You're a trip girlfriend!

to everyone! I hope you all have a great day and wunnerful weekend!!! I luvs ya all!

Last edited by Diva; 04-18-2008 at 01:26 PM.
Old 04-18-2008, 02:03 PM   #493  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

chellez~ I'm sorry to hear about your head aches. I know those are not fun. But GOOD FOR YOU on cutting out all those cans of soda! Maybe you could allow yourself some tea with a little caffeine to help with the headaches to get you through the next couple of days?

Beth
Old 04-18-2008, 02:18 PM   #494  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

S/C/G: Year 2010: 149.8/145/130

i've been trying to drink more water, but we have one more bottle of water (the small one) left...and i'm saving that for my treadmill workout...and been drinking sweet tea (GA style 2.5 cups sugar per gallon of tea)...i know bad on me....and barqs root beer...but i need to get my workout done and pack hubby;s bag for his camping trip he;s going on after work for this weekend with our neighbors....and maybe after he leaves to go out to the lake with them i'll head out with the kids to the sams club and buy lots of water since i need to go acros the street to the Academy and exchange some things too....make my 30 minutes drive into that crazy town worth me while lol
good luck every one!
Old 04-18-2008, 03:25 PM   #495  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Hey Mandey - I just noticed your sig, are you from WV? I'm from Parkersburg.

Chellez - Hang in there! I've been diet Mt. Dew free for two week as of tomorrow. It does get better, but it gets worse first.