Old 04-17-2008, 08:50 AM   #406  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixmom View Post

Chellez - how many teams do you expect with all the sign ups?!?! I'm new to TBL but want to thank you and the other team leaders in advance for all the work you'll be putting in!

I've been pushing for a PINK Team but nobody will listen! hehe

Welcome to the Challenge Nixmom! We will have 3 teams. Red, Blue & Black.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:51 AM   #407  

S/C/G: 199/187/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi Everyone!

I'm a newbie/lurker for a couple of months, and am excited about my first TBL challenge. I think I really need something like this to get me up and motivated. I've always struggled (and somehow, it feels like I'm struggling more lately with stress and stuff, like the rest of everyone) with a healthy weight. I guess I'm setting small goals, because saying that I'm going to lose umpteen thousand pounds at a time, seems awfully overwhelming!!!

(Of course, you gals really inspire me!!!)

I've never watched the actual show TBL (I lack a TV to watch it, most of the time I'm not home anyways.)

I'm looking forward to going out today and enjoying the sunshine! Woohoo! Sunshine and the 70's... Spring is here!

-R

Old 04-17-2008, 08:53 AM   #408  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellez View Post

I've been a really good girl at journaling my foods the past 4 days and I'm thinking I can keep it up. Looking at all of Diva's stuff helps keep me motivated (even if I had to post the stuff!) I think I ate like 2125 calories that day... oh it was horrible. Good news is my body has come back down and I'm back to 203.
Glad I am motivating you , but my day's aren't always so perfect. I had a high calorie day on my B-day, so it happens. hehe

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██▒▒▒▒███▒▒▒▒██
▒▒▒▒▒▒█▓▓█▒██▓▓▓██▒█▓▓█
▒▒▒▒▒█▓▒▒▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▒▒▓█
▒▒▒▒▒█▓▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▓█
▒▒▒▒▒▒█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓█
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▓▓██▓▓▓▓▓██▓▓█
▒▒▒▒▒▒█▓▓▓▓▒▒█▓█▒▒▓▓▓▓█
▒▒▒▒▒█▓▓▒▒▓▒▒███▒▒▓▒▒▓▓█
▒▒▒▒▒█▓▓▒▒▓▒▒▒█▒▒▒▓▒▒▓▓█
▒▒▒▒▒█▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓█
▒▒▒▒▒▒█▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓█
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█
▒▒▒▒▒▒█▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓█
▒▒▒▒▒█▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓█
▒▒▒▒█▓▓▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓█▓▓▓█
▒▒██▓▓▓█▓▒▒▒██▒██▒▒▒▓█▓▓▓██
▒█▓▓▓▓█▓▓▒▒█▓▓█▓▓█▒▒▓▓█▓▓▓▓█
█▓██▓▓█▓▒▒▒█▓▓▓▓▓█▒▒▒▓█▓▓██▓█
█▓▓▓▓█▓▓▒▒▒▒█▓▓▓█▒▒▒▒▓▓█▓▓▓▓█
▒█▓▓▓█▓▓▒▒▒▒▒█▓█▒▒▒▒▒▓▓█▓▓▓█
▒▒████▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓████
▒▒▒▒▒█▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓█
▒▒▒▒▒▒█▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓█
▒▒▒▒▒▒█▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓█
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▓▓▓▓▓█▓█▓▓▓▓▓█
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓█
▒▒▒▒▒████▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓████
▒▒▒▒█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█

Last edited by Diva; 04-17-2008 at 09:13 AM.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:19 AM   #409  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post

I've been pushing for a PINK Team but nobody will listen! hehe

Welcome to the Challenge Nixmom! We will have 3 teams. Red, Blue & Black.
Thanks Diva! And yes, pink would be fantastic... but I'll work my arse off as any of the others!

By the way, love your blog!
Old 04-17-2008, 10:11 AM   #410  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Good morning everyone,

Workout--It looks this season there will be more of an emphasis on the people they are training. Comcast keeps changing its lineup so I don't have the tv guide channel so I have to look at the actual tv guide-not working. I keep missing my shows.

Celebrity Fit Club--Screech (Dustin Diamond) is just trying to revive his career. He gets on my nerves.

Jillian's Cardio Kickbox--I survived but.....OMFG! Five minutes in I was hoping it would only be 30 minutes. I waited 1 hour after eating to exercise. Mistake-- next time which I hope to be Saturday I will wait at least 2 hours after eating. I wish I had a HRM because I know it was up there. The jumping jacks were the hardest because I tend to half do them but decided to full out do them. As she got to the 3rd or so set of 30 jumping jacks it got a little easier. At the end I felt nauseous (sp?). I made an energy smoothie and am drinking it now. Whew....

Purple & Diva--I think it is really funny that of all of the equipment/accessories that I have that I don't have a step. I am mentioning that because I noticed on the previews for the rest of Jillian's 5 dvd set she uses a step. I think I never purchased a step because I HATE step aerobics! So I will look on Amazon & E-bay. For now I will use Frontside & Backside for Beginners once my work programs end for weight training/resistance.

Purple--I had what I call the "Come to J..... (otherwise known as a higher being)" meeting with myself last night. I told myself it's time to put up or shut up.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:28 AM   #411  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone,

I signed up last week but promptly disappeared amongst a whirlwind of stress here at home - I was preparing for an exam which was the culmination of my 2 years of graduate studies, so of course I was stressed and ate next to everything in sight (and feel terrible as a result... funny how that happens, huh?). I hope to be able to check in with you all a little more often now that I have some spare time again!!

BetteK - good luck with your dr.s appt. Gardening sounds wonderful right about now, I sure do wish I had some space that wasn't hidden amongst trees to plant in.

purple firefly - I totally know what you mean re: fooling yourself into thinking you're OP when you're really not. I've felt myself slip a lot lately, and I really need to pull myself back up on to the wagon. Good luck with your new resolve, glad to hear your workout was wonderful, I'll be right up there with you in no time!

chellez - sounds busy busy over there! I know for me I have a week and a half left of term... so surely it's almost over for you too! so close!

TheRach - Welcome out of lurkdom

Okay, that's it for me for now. Have a happy Thursday everyone.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:31 AM   #412  
Made of Starstuff

Suite - So I'll be seeing you over here as well, eh?
Old 04-17-2008, 10:33 AM   #413  

S/C/G: 162/156.5/142

Height: 5'2+"

holy crap you guys are chatty!!!

no way I can keep up with this....looking forward to a team thread again

Diva- I think I am spending too much time at the beach with Mayer drinking pina coladas- I have gained 3 pounds!!! Ahhh, well, just a little padding to start the next challenge off with, right?

Gorgeous day here! My little guys first b-day...boy has the time flown by....I can't believe last year at this time I was in labor and 40ish pounds heavier....eeeek!!!

Hope everyone has a good day, and looking forward to meeting everyone!
Old 04-17-2008, 10:55 AM   #414  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

Good Morning Everyone!

Looks like its going to be a cloudy stormy day here! Bummer! I was hoping to go for a bike ride after work, guess I will have to settle for the elliptical instead!
Took a sneak peak at the scale this morning, down 1, but I dont weigh in until Saturday, so who knows what it will show then!
I decided to cut extra sugar(snacks) and diet soda out of my eating plan this week! I was doing really ok with it until last night! WOW the cravings and urges hit big time! Managed to hold them off and this morning I am feeling better! Close call! LOL

Have a great day!
Old 04-17-2008, 10:59 AM   #415  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Happy Thursday everyone! Just a quick drive-by post to let you know I'm still out here. After working 28 hours of OT this weekend I took yesterday off and vegged on the couch watching things I'd tivo'd. It was a good day. I managed to get a lot done actually, I even got that homemade laundry detergent made finally.

I can't wait to start this next challenge too. I'm thinking of giving myself a personal challenge for the month of May, based on EZmoney's 3FC 5K. I'm thinking about doing a "5K everyday in the month of May". That's only about 45 minutes of walking/wogging a day, I should be doing that anyway, right?
Old 04-17-2008, 11:28 AM   #416  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Zinke/Dee - I'm interested to know how that homemade laundry soap works. Like on dirty kids clothes... I usually use Seventh Generation and like it. But this is soooo much cheaper?

Theresa - I see how much complacency has robbed me. Thanks for sharing your energy!

Blz... - Congrats on standing up to the cravings!! It's so refreshing to wake in the morning with another successful day behind you!

Cee-gee - Happy birthday to your little fellow!

Anna - Glad that Meara hasn't had any seizures on her starting levels. Is she on Dilantin? Hopefully you can titrate it down soon. Does it affect her at all? Melina (3yo) ends up next to me 6/7 nights also. I don't mind. We all get the most sleep this way... She was so sick as a baby that I never had the desire to "teach" her to sleep in her own bed.

Well, off to the gym and some personal training. We are doing lower body today...hopefully I can walk tomorrow.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:08 PM   #417  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nori71 View Post
Anna - Glad that Meara hasn't had any seizures on her starting levels. Is she on Dilantin? Hopefully you can titrate it down soon. Does it affect her at all? Melina (3yo) ends up next to me 6/7 nights also. I don't mind. We all get the most sleep this way... She was so sick as a baby that I never had the desire to "teach" her to sleep in her own bed.
She was prescribed Trileptal at 2 ml 2x daily. I give her 1 ml at the same interval. There are about 20 other meds they would use before phenobarb or dilantin. Since, she has not had any breakthrough seizures, I told them I was going off protocol and keeping her at 1 ml until I see a reason to do otherwise. There was a lot of back and forth, but once she realized she was not dealing with the paperboy, she relented. Of course, unless she were willing to storm my home twice a day with WMDs to give it her themselves, there was not much else they could do.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:09 PM   #418  

Height: 5'7"

Faerie - Hehe, you know you can't escape me I'm everywhere! (Well, no, that's a lie... I'm in like, three places. But you're in those places too.)
Old 04-17-2008, 12:41 PM   #419  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceegee View Post
Diva- I think I am spending too much time at the beach with Mayer drinking pina coladas- I have gained 3 pounds!!! Ahhh, well, just a little padding to start the next challenge off with, right?
You better get ready missy! You'll be seeing Mr. Mayer again soon!
Old 04-17-2008, 12:50 PM   #420  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Meara's lucky to have you as her Mom. There's such a huge population of un/under-informed parents. That's great that she's responding to the lower dose and not having breakthrough seizures. I'm doing blood tests often on kids who are on Dilantin, Tegretol, Depakote, Zonegram... They are all so sweet (rough on the newbies for awhile), even knowing that they are going to be poked.