Old 03-28-2008, 07:03 AM   #196  

S/C/G: 235/150.5/145

Height: 5'5"

YEAH IT'S FRIDAY! It's been probably two weeks since I've been up this early...its kicking my ***. DD has been on spring break from preschool, so it was nice to be able to sleep in, but it sure has screwed up our sleeping habits. I've been back to exercising and eating right...hoping to finish the challenge with a BIG BANG!

Ceegee- Thanks for the beach challenge! I must say I'm highly motivated to get there knowing that hotty Holloway is waiting for me!

Julz-I hope you're not feeling sooo funky today. Thats kinda scary...but maybe thats whats suppose to happen

Michie and Soul- I think its great that you two live close enough to be exercise buddies!

Michie- good luck on your cleanse as well. I agree TGIF of course the weekend is just as busy as the weekdays. I'll be sooo glad when its summer. There's still work but at least the dd has a break from all activities.

Soul- thanks for the motivation!

Okay I'm off and running! Have a great day everyone
Old 03-28-2008, 08:20 AM   #197  

Michie and Julz- keep me updated in the cleanse, I might have to do one but I want to see how you all like it first? How much did it cost you?

I just finished my spin class, I must say it is pretty addicting. I have been exercising my butt off this week, and I feel SO much better- I am not as "snappy" lol. I hope everyone has a great weekend- I am getting my hair cut and lets PRAY that they listen to me. I used to have this great hair dresser in OH that actually did what I told her to do. I have thick (THICK THICK THICK) hair, and I need like (honestly) half of it thinned out- if it isn't when I blow try it is way too poofy and then I straighten it to get the poof out and I look like a hippie from the 70's. SO, hopefully this works, lets cross our fingers, I have paying 50 bucks for a hair cut just to wear my hair up until I need it cut again!
Old 03-28-2008, 09:57 AM   #198  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Oh, Julz and Michie, y'all started cleansing already! I wanted to do one at the same time and was thinking April 1. I guess I could just start today and be a day behind. I'm not really prepared for it though...

Michie, I WILL call you today. I just got slammed with work and school and LIFE!

I have weight training class today and will be working with the Coach. Wish me luck!

Caitbeans, I am intimidated by spinning class. I need to get over that and give it a try!

Dream, Spring break is screwy! DD only had one week and I wish it were two.
Old 03-28-2008, 10:37 AM   #199  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/153

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream710 View Post
Julz-I hope you're not feeling sooo funky today. Thats kinda scary...but maybe thats whats suppose to happen
I felt a little fuzzy-brained and dizzy yesterday (day 2 on the cleanse). I've read that it's not a bad thing to feel this way...could be the toxins entering the bloodstream to be cleansed. So..... I think it's somewhat normal. It wasn't bad "I can't walk straight" dizzy.... just a hint of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caitbeans View Post
Michie and Julz- keep me updated in the cleanse, I might have to do one but I want to see how you all like it first? How much did it cost you?
mine cost $25 at Wild Oats (a whole foods market). It's called "First Cleanse". It's for people who have never cleansed before - it's a little gentler. I'm going to be blogging about it in my blog here at 3FC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulBliss View Post
Oh, Julz and Michie, y'all started cleansing already! I wanted to do one at the same time and was thinking April 1. I guess I could just start today and be a day behind. I'm not really prepared for it though...
Aw man!! I'm sorry. I was just so excited to finally get to start mine (I was delayed in starting mine by nearly a full week [I was going to do mine alongside my hubby doing his but wasn't able to start mine due to thinking I might be pregnant]). How do you prepare for yours???? I didn't do anything to really prepare (other than psyche myself up to start it...lol)

Hope you all are doing great! Today I have to take the Accounting test I've been studying for I do so well with studying and then tend to clam up on tests.
Old 03-28-2008, 01:20 PM   #200  
Time to get back on track

S/C/G: 295/295/150

Height: 5'8

Lol! Yeah Julz... same here.. I didn't prepare for my cleanse at all! But I have been eating a lot of raw foods and very very light. So hopefully I'm not messing up! I am only on my second day today, so I'm a day behind Julz, so we can all be a little behind each other Soul. It's all good!

OOOOOOh Brande... I will be up in Julian tonight and this weekend working at this camp that I work at on weekends, so if I am unreachable, leave me a message and I'll get back to you! I think I'll go on a nice hike this weekend! Fun!

Cait- My cleanse cost like 20 bucks and I got it from Whole Foods Market. I saw the First Cleanse one too, but the lady said they were pretty much the same, so I went with the cheaper one! I will certainly keep you posted on it!

Dream- I am so ready for it to be summer too! I get stuck in the biggest rut between february and may! Have a happy friday!
Old 03-28-2008, 02:52 PM   #201  

Default Qotd

Question of the Day....

**What 3 people would you like to take on a “Look At Me Now” show after you get to your goal weight? Explain why those 3 people.**

Last edited by LondonJulz; 03-28-2008 at 02:53 PM.
Old 03-28-2008, 03:03 PM   #202  

in response to the QOTD:

1) My high school crush (Nathan). From the day I met him, I swore I would marry him, but my body image and self esteem kept me from having the nerve to do anything about it. He never implied anything about my weight, nor do I think he cared. We were friends, but for 5 years I was "secretly" in love with this boy - but will never know what could have been because I was too fat/unhappy with myself to pursue it. Don't get me wrong - I am madly in love with my hubby - but I'd just want to show Nathan what became of me.

2) My grandpa - he who once told me (when I was 12 years old!) that I looked as if I had eaten plenty of chocolate cake in my life time. I love my grandpa... the old bat! But I'd want to show him that I may have made stupid choices as a kid, but I wised up as I got older.

3) My ex-best friend in HS who had the nerve to yell at me in the school hallway one day "oh yeah! Well at least I'm not shaped like a big fat pear!"

And, PS.. I TOM came to town today... 10 days late!!!

Last edited by LondonJulz; 03-28-2008 at 03:04 PM.
Old 03-28-2008, 03:25 PM   #203  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Question of the Day....

**What 3 people would you like to take on a “Look At Me Now” show after you get to your goal weight? Explain why those 3 people.**

My parents, so they can be proud and so I can show my MOm that it CAN be done with diet & exercise. I want her to realize that just because you are over 200 & sickly, it doesn't mean you give up. it means you get up and start moving!

My ex boyfriend Sean, who was the love of my life and abandoned me and sent my on a downward spiral to **** and back.

Hmmmm, I guess the rest of my family....
Old 03-28-2008, 07:29 PM   #204  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

Unhappy

Like a dummy, I got a wild hair up my butt and ran on the TM today and now the hip is killing me. sigh.....I have a doc appt on Monday. Jess thinks it may be a torn ligament.
Old 03-28-2008, 07:44 PM   #205  

yikes Roni!!! Hope it's nothing as serious as a torn ligament!

Thread sure is quiet today.... where IS everybody??
Old 03-28-2008, 07:47 PM   #206  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

Is a torn ligament serious? What does it mean? Will I have to stop exercising???
Old 03-28-2008, 08:26 PM   #207  
Finding My Bliss

Roni, I hope you feel better soon. Torn ligaments take a long time to heal, so I too hope it's not that.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:26 PM   #208  
Finding My Bliss

I may start the cleanse this weekend.

Michie have a great time in Julian and call me when you get back!!!
Old 03-29-2008, 09:06 AM   #209  

S/C/G: 235/150.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Morning all! Hope everyone is doing well. I did get my run in yesterday, which felt sooo good, it had been over a week since I ran. I had read about the HIIT and thought I'd give it a try. It felt really good. I started out slowly increasing my speed during the running part. I wasn't sure how fast I could run, and really didn't want to go flying of the tm. Definitely gonna do it again. I also tried some new juice yesterday. Acai juice, its suppose to be full of antioxidants, prevent early aging, heart disease, prevent stroke, cancer etc. I bought the mango flavor and didn't like it at all, it left this bad after taste in my mouth. I chewed a piece of gum,drank extra water, I couldn't rid of it. I couldn't even finish it so I gave the rest to my boss. I have one more bottle to try its a rasberry one so we'll see. I might just have to stick with the pom juice.

Diva-Hope its not a torn ligament

michie-have fun on your hike!

Well I best get going I have to meet dd at gymnastics, she had her first sleep over at a friends and bet she's gonna be talking a mile a minute. I'LL BE BACK!
Old 03-29-2008, 09:40 PM   #210  
Finding My Bliss

Hello Everyone!

I have been so busy, I can't see straight!

In the new low carb area, I posted an example of my eating and so far there have been no comments. I guess no one has anything to say about the low carb vegan way of life!

I just made a great meal.

1 can artichoke hearts (in water), 10 oz. fresh spinach (it cooks down to nearly nothing!), 1/2 a medium/large onion, sliced and chopped, 5 cloves garlic, 1 tbsp. red pepper flakes, 1 tbsp. extra virgin coconut oil, 1 tbsp. Louisiana hot sauce, 2 tbsp. rice wine vinegar and 6 oz. soy crumbles.

I ate 1/4 of it, DH had the other 3/4 (with extra virgin olive oil added).

I've gotten in the habit of eating off of a small plate (the kind you put under a tea or coffee cup) unless it's salad I am eating. It really helps me keep my perspective and my hunger in check. I just tell myself that it is enough food!

It is, really, unless it's all low calorie like steamed plain vegetables and so on.

It helps to have a DH who needs to eat a huge amount of calories to maintain his weight. I just shovel all extras his way!

Dream, Acai is good in smoothies.

Julz, cleansing while menstruating can be a little more...cleansing! It may make you feel everything a little more strongly. Don't worry! You'll get through it!

Michie, Tuesdays will work for me to work out in the mornings (8-11am is when I can be there, or anytime in between those hours, and I am open to doing 3 hours, workout, class(es), pool etc.). Let us know how cleansing was while up in the mountains!

Have a great Sunday, everyone!