Old 03-22-2008, 10:15 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Caitbeans - I've never done a spinning class but my friend from Bunco, Susan, has a total crush on some guy in her spinning class. Maybe you'll fine one, too!!

Michie - I drank just enough to be a lot of fun without being miserable today. It was perfect. Did you dance your tush off??

Julz - OMG!! A baby??? WOW! I have 2 of my own. Always wanted 4, but my 1st husband was a total putz. It all worked out in the end. 2nd DH is awesome. I have my niece (my older sister died) and a wonderful step-daughter, and one of my husband's step-sons is like my own. It's all good!! I looked at the body fat thing you had the link for. The ones I saw "pinched" your skin to measure body fat. It's the kind they use on the Discovery Health show X-weighted.

Soul - I bought the Polar F4 today. I'll let you know how it goes. I'd already worked out before the purchase so tomorrow will be the virgin run!!

Diva - I love Ellen! I don't have time now to watch the link, but I will tomorrow!!

manda - I hear you. DH has been in here 3 times since I sat down!!

Love to you all!!

Last edited by ggmugsy; 03-22-2008 at 10:19 PM.
Old 03-22-2008, 11:58 PM   #47  
Time to get back on track

S/C/G: 295/295/150

Height: 5'8

Hello team!

gg- i only had like 3 drinks, and it was enough to make me feel great! i danced a bit, but my dbf has a strict NO DANCING rule, so i didn't get to dance as much as i hoped to. i had lots of fun though! no table dancing... i'm just too shy for that! glad you had fun!!

sb- how was the massage? good i bet! i just started seeing a chiropractor and i like to pretend i'm getting a massage... it's almost the same! congrats on the size 20 too!!

cb- i feel you on the spring break thing! i am so sad that i have to go back to work and school! enjoy your sunday! oh! i am having easter dinner w/ dbf family, so i think we're having ham and some other simple sides. it's always so good and pretty healthy so i love it! what about you??

dv- (that's diva... i'm obsessive compulsive, so now that i've started with the initials i can't stop!) uh... that ellen clip was tooooooo funny! i love her!

d7- you get back on that wagon, gf! i need you to say the same thing to me now... because i have been slacking! i am losing, but still i haven;t been as good as i could be. thank you in advance for the kick in my butt!

i am contemplating quitting my job, but i don't have another lined up, so it isn't really an option yet. i trust all of you... what do you girls think? if i just HATE my job and don't like being there, is it worth it? i feel like it's slowly chipping away at my sanity! loL.... well you know.. i just dread going to work. so is it more important to have something to go straight into after i quit, or is it more important to be happy and not hate what i do everyday? (tough one, i know!) ::sigh::

okay! you all have a great sunday and a happy easter and the best last day of spring break (if that applies to you!) as possible! peace!
Old 03-23-2008, 07:35 AM   #48  

michie--how strapped are you for cash. can you afford to take some time off until you find a new job? I would start looking now, and see what other options you have. I guess it all depends on how bad you need the money, if you are counting on it to pay next month's rent then I'd wait until you have a new job, but if you can afford to do it and survive than I say go for it!

We're having lamb (it is my favorite and it is the only time we have it all year round) potatoes, asparagus, salad..I forget what else- my mom is doing the cooking, then she is making the "snowball" dessert- I am hoping I can do a tiny peice
Old 03-23-2008, 11:28 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/153

Height: 5'6"

Happy Easter Ladies
(and man!)

Last edited by LondonJulz; 03-23-2008 at 11:29 AM.
Old 03-23-2008, 11:33 AM   #50  
I'm a Loser ;)

S/C/G: SCG: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Hey all - I had a horrible week this week - the stress of starting a new job is totally getting to me, I can't wait to just start on Tuesday so I can stop stressing LOL.

That Veggie chili looks awsome ahill - thanks for posting it.

How is everything with the whole easter thing? I've yet to touch any treats... and I'm hoping my will power will win over!!!
Old 03-23-2008, 12:34 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Just thought I would stop in and tell everyone !!!!

Well we are only a few posts up from one of the other teams so we need to keep posting but in the mean time I hope everyone is enjoying their time with their families and not eating to much candy......
Old 03-23-2008, 02:56 PM   #52  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Talking

Hello ladies (and gent). Are we having a posting challenge with the other teams? hehe. Ok, so since the Easter Challenge is done, we need to have some sort of an exercise & OP challnge to bring us to the home stretch. What should we do???
Old 03-23-2008, 03:08 PM   #53  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Red face

OMG! Did y'all know that when you are in our forum here, if you click on the number of posts in our thread, a little box pops up to show who who has posted in the thread and how many times? That's totally cool....

Anyho....I came back because I think I am gonna give myself a little exercise challenge to myself tomorrow. There's a very VERY steep hill a few blocks from my home and I think tomorrow if I am not too pooped from the GYM I may try and tackle it. I think it's prolly a mile to mile 1/2 from here and walking uphill like that is excellent on your bottom. I think I'm gonna go for it. Also, the community center has a yoga class on M,W, & F's from 10:30 -11:30....I think I may start me some yoga 3 days a week before I do my c25k stuff and lift weight. Do any of you do yoga???
Old 03-23-2008, 04:10 PM   #54  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

I do yoga! Usually 90 minute classes several times a week. I LOVE yoga and it's been an important part of my stress management and wellness program.

I had a good massage (not at all nurturing but technically proficient deep tissue) but I am VERY sore today in my lower back. He was actually a bit of an @$$hole but I won't focus on that. Overall, except for my lower back, I feel better and I expect that will feel okay in a day or so.

I was in meetings all morning at Stabucks and I managed to have 2 unsweetened iced Tazo passion teas and a plain coffee and nothing else. Then I went to Trader Joe's and stocked up for the very busy week ahead.

I made an arugula, broccoli, asparagus, garlic, onion, veg chick'n strip, red/black pepper, red wine viniagrette and herb/spice stir fry. I had a small plate of that (tea cup plate sized) and it was good.

Now, I am relaxing for a few minutes before getting back to readying myself for the week!

Have a GREAT ON PLAN day today and tomorrow! Ready for the weigh in and the final stretch, everyone?
Old 03-23-2008, 04:31 PM   #55  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Happy Easter everybody!

Michie: I agree, it depends on how much $ you have saved. I quit my job last year in March b/c of stress and haven't found anything YET! The only way I could have done it is from the support of my fiance. If it wasn't for him I'd be in big trouble. My best advice is to look for something else now while still relying on your pay check, that is unless the situation is completely unbearable or abusive.

Diva, I agree. We need a challenge to finish out the last 2 weeks strong. I could especially use a good . I've been struggling since I got back from my mom's.

Tamara: Starting anything new stresses me out. On the other hand, congrats on the new job. I hope I'll get to start one soon!

I don't have anything special planned for today, just working around the house and actually just worked out for the first time in 2 weeks. I'll probably post a gain for the first time this week, but I hope the next 2 weeks will be good.
Old 03-23-2008, 07:39 PM   #56  

Hey Diva that is awesome information I did not know that either...
Well it looks like now we are only 1 post ahead of the other team so lets keep it going. Hope everyone is have a great
Old 03-23-2008, 07:42 PM   #57  

Oh yeah good luck starting the new job Tamaralynn once you start the stress will be gone, hopefully it will not be a stressful job for you either....
Old 03-23-2008, 07:44 PM   #58  
Finding My Bliss

Only 1?

Michie, the massage was good, technically speaking. The guy was an though, but he knew the anatomy and did deep tissue correctly for the most part.

Ggmugsy, I am very interested to hear how it works out for you.

How is everyone doing? It is HOT in San Diego, feels like summer!!! We are using fans and everything. If I didn't have so much to do, and if the YMCA was open, I would consider going swimming!

I'm having a hungry day. I think because my first meal didn't start until 1pm That's a recipe for disaster, for me! Oh well. I'll do better tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 03-23-2008, 08:33 PM   #59  
Manda

S/C/G: 304.5/165/149

Height: 5'2"

Happy Easter, everyone! I hope that everyone had a great day.

Just wanted to check in and tell you all my NSV for the day. I was able to wear a size 18 pair of jeans today. I haven't been a size 18 in about 11 years. When I started losing weight I was a size 28!

Off to bed. I have to get up really early tomorrow. Goodnight everyone!

Last edited by ahill1979; 03-23-2008 at 08:33 PM.
Old 03-23-2008, 08:35 PM   #60  
Finding My Bliss

That is GREAT news!!! NSV are such great motivators!