Old 01-26-2008, 11:21 AM   #586  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Saturday's question of the day:

Looks like many of us are going through some rough times lately. So, let's have a fun question. What would you like to be when you grow up? What is your dream job?

I'd love to be an interior designer. I love to tour model homes and get ideas for my home. And, I love watch Trading Spaces and other home improvement shows. It is amazing what you can do on a budget and shopping at Wal-mart and Target.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:12 PM   #587  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

QOTD: Author, preferably best-selling.

Rhonda: great news on your labs. MAJOR NSV!
Old 01-26-2008, 12:16 PM   #588  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

So my weigh in wasn't as hot as I thought it would be. I sure *feel* like I've lost more than 1.4 pounds this past week. I started doing the math on this and feeling down...ok so 1 to 1.5 pounds a week would take me 1.5-2 years to get to goal. When I shared this with DH, he responded, "Yeah? You'd be at goal!" That's the attitude. It should not take that long, but if it does, maybe it'll mean more? And be more lasting? Like FOREVER! When I lost weight 10 years ago I lost so quickly - 80 pounds in 4 months and then the next 20+ over a 3 month period. So over 100 pounds in 7-8 months. It was too fast and not done in a healthy manner.

Selina - Come here and post all you need to. I can only imagine the pain you are feeling. That's got to be the hardest thing in the world. Especially when you cannot be sure of the environment they are returned to. I'm praying a sunny day comes your way very soon!!

Heather - I "bank" calories when I know I'm going out also. If I don't eat enough earlier in the day though, I can easily binge because i'm too hungry. Try eating something with high fiber right before you leave. I'm going to a baby shower tonight. I signed up to bring something healthy though, so I'm not so worried...

Anna - that soup looks wonderful! Did you make it? I'm off to Whole Foods today, so I'm picking up some items for it.

QOTD: Not very glam - but I'd love to be a pediatrician.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:42 PM   #589  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post

Looks like many of us are going through some rough times lately. So, let's have a fun question. What would you like to be when you grow up? What is your dream job?
This is a big problem of mine. I don't think I want to finish growing up.

Seriously though I have been pondering this question a lot the last few weeks. The kids will probably starting preschool this fall and I will have time to focus on myself more. I have been thinking about what am I going to do with myself when I am home alone all day while they are in school. There were many things I wanted to be when I was younger but none of them really seem to fit with my personality now. What I need to do is find someone to pay me for laying around in my sweats all day. Any takers?
Old 01-26-2008, 01:18 PM   #590  
Gettin' healthy in 2008

S/C/G: 225/186/125

Height: 5'1"

First let me share - I lost 2 pounds this week - YAY!

I'm starting to feel almost human again - YAY!!

Saturday's question: What would you like to be when you grow up? What is your dream job?

I don't want to grow up! LOL BUT if I could choose anything to do in the world - I would be a homicide detective!

I've missed you guys - still not 100% but I'm not gone either - please know that!!!!!

Looks like some great losses are getting posted!! WE ROCK! Hope we win this week - how cool would THAT be???
Old 01-26-2008, 01:19 PM   #591  
Gettin' healthy in 2008

S/C/G: 225/186/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinkemomx2 View Post
What I need to do is find someone to pay me for laying around in my sweats all day. Any takers?
OMG If you find someone willing to pay for that - send 'em my way!!!
Old 01-26-2008, 01:21 PM   #592  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

So I painted some last night and I'm feeling better today. I really dont have time to talk cause I need to get the bedroom finished.

Good news is I'm down to 198 even for my weigh in!

I'll try to be back later
Old 01-26-2008, 02:09 PM   #593  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Just a quickie for now...sad to say that I am up the 1.8 pounds that I lost last week, sorry blue team

I kind of knew I would be up a little but was hoping not that much. Was a really bad week for me as far as the eating. I got some walking in but the eating was just horrible. Lesson learned though...I WILL do better this upcoming week and not give into the temptations.

Todays question...I would love to have my own gift/floral shop. It's always been a dream of mine to have my own place. I've always loved working in retail...the little Hallmark type stores.

Have a good weekend ladies!
Old 01-26-2008, 02:10 PM   #594  
Go Blue Team!!

S/C/G: 286/159/150

Height: 5'6"

QOTD: I would absolutely looooove to run a doggy day care/boarding facility at the beach. In a lot of areas (at least in NC and SC), there are dog-friendly beaches but most of the rental houses don't allow pets. In a perfect world, I would open a facility where you can board your dog at night, but check him out for fun at the beach during the day.
Old 01-26-2008, 03:34 PM   #595  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

I've decided to take the day off from exercise. This is a tricky thing for me to do. I feel very driven to exercise hard every day and that keeps my food in check. When I don't exercise, I feel like I give myself more leeway with calories. Wierd. It should be the other way around, but I must have come wired wrong. Well, I may do a little core work - I often do that before bed no matter what I've done during the day. I'm still sooo sore from Tuesday's lower body session with Josh. I've kept up the cardio W, Th, F and it hasn't helped with the soreness/tightness in my hamstrings. So I'll see if a complete rest day helps.

I'm excited to see the final weigh in numbers on Monday!
Old 01-26-2008, 04:52 PM   #596  
No excuses this time!

S/C/G: 279/249/154

Wow - you all have been chatty - I went on holidays on page 19 and when I logged into today you are all on page 40... I have a lot of reading to do but I'm going to save that for when I feel peckish later tonight, stops me from eating...

Holiday was great - but I enjoyed too much time laying back in the sun reading - I finished 4 books! I havent read a book for at least 6 months just been too busy to sit and read for leisure - that felt good... but when I came home I had gained 2 pound - the inactivity and a couple of moments eating off plan have cost me big time.

It is Sunday morning here and I am committed to seeing the scale go back down next week! Off to plan the week's menu so I can go shopping!!!
Old 01-26-2008, 06:16 PM   #597  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

It has been a whole week since I have been tracking my calories on Spark. I have always just sorta ate what I wanted, when I wanted it, and while I did go over by quite a few more than I had planned, it has helped to keep me in check so that overall I ate far less that I would have before. So here I am a few days before my period is getting ready to start and I am down 2 pounds from last week. I am hoping to continue to keep tracking and getting a handle on a few triggers while getting the pantry cleaned out so I can start with some healthier foods.

My main food goal this week is to get some soup made and in the freezer to stay away from the canned stuff. I have been eating a lot of soup and sandwiches for lunch and the sodium content is killing me. I am making up a grocery list right now of good things to buy to flavor it different every day.

My main goal for the board this week is to start doing personals. I apologize ahead of time if I don't use peoples names. I always refer to you in my heads by your screen name so that is what I will use.

Edited to all that I surpassed my exercise goal (cardio and strength) for the month with 5 whole days left! My goal for next month will be 500 minutes of just cardio.

Last edited by zinkemomx2; 01-26-2008 at 06:18 PM.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:18 PM   #598  

S/C/G: 170/128/135

Height: 5'4 ¾

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post

Since I'm a kid....I wanna be...
Monday: A medical Doctor (one that does it all: surgeon, pediatrician, GP)
Tuesday: Forensic Detective
Wednesday: Physical Trainer
Thursday: Teacher
Friday: Dancer
Saturday: Actress
Sunday: I think I'll take a break--I've had a busy week
Old 01-26-2008, 07:01 PM   #599  
searching 4 the real me

Hi Everyone...

Has anyone ever taken a Zumba class? At my gym, they offer Zumba classes and I always have been intimidated by it probably due to my weight. Not to sure. I guess it was just I didn't know what to expect. Well... today I conquered my fears and took the class. That was soooo much fun. I will definitely go back for future classes. I highly recommend it for everyone. FUN FUN FUN!!!
Old 01-26-2008, 08:23 PM   #600  
How Bad do you want it?

S/C/G: 140/135.5/120

What do I want to be when I grow up? RICH! I want to be a rich guy that checks in on my investments every so often to see how much I've made. In between dips in the ocean front pool where I lounge with my doggies and my personal trainer.....

That said, I've been on the run learning the ropes of the new job--so far so good. It really looks like the team is on track, but I don't know what my upcoming weigh in will be, I think I've just been maintaining. We'll see.

cuppajoe

Last edited by cuppajoe; 01-26-2008 at 08:36 PM.