Old 01-25-2008, 10:31 AM   #556  

Height: 5'9"

I love hot sweet potatoes with nutmeg and cinnamon. Mmmmmmmmm

I'm really tired and pretty crabby today. I'll try and stop by later when I'm in a better mood.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:34 AM   #557  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellez View Post
Want to cuddle?
Add me to the cuddle pile! I'm feeling really down, too... but not on the scales! I'm actually UP and back out of ONEderland (AGAIN, gawd ) because I'm retaining sodium and water like it's my job. I'm hoping some clean eating and a lot of water this week will get me back down to 199 and hopefully past it.

My favourite vegetable? I think it's a toss up between avocados and yams/sweet potatoes. Roasted yams/sweet potatoes are possibly one of my favourite things to eat ever - roast 'em with a little olive oil and cinnamon until they are starting to get a little mushy and burnt. So delicious!
Old 01-25-2008, 10:42 AM   #558  
Go Blue Team!!

S/C/G: 286/159/150

Height: 5'6"

Favorite vegetables? Probably sweet potatoes. They're my favorite to eat by themselves. Zucchini and baby carrots probably follow in 2nd and 3rd. There are some veggie combos that I like a lot -- like sliced vidalia onions and tomatoes, stewed tomatoes and okra, chickpeas and onions -- although I don't eat much of those ingredients without their "partners."
Old 01-25-2008, 10:51 AM   #559  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by practiceliving View Post
because I'm retaining sodium and water like it's my job. I'm hoping some clean eating and a lot of water this week will get me back down to 199 and hopefully past it.
Lots of tea and maybe some cucumbers. That will move off that water weight!
Old 01-25-2008, 11:11 AM   #560  
Accepting who she is

Default Another soup recipe

It is 9 degrees here today, so I give you a recipe from TBL Club:

1/2 cup dried brown lentils
4 cups fat-free chicken or vegetable broth
1 T olive oil
1 1/2 tsp black or yellow mustard seeds
1 lb plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded, chopped
3 T finely chopped, peeled fresh ginger
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground turmeric
Pinch cinnamon
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, without stems
Salt to taste

Wash lentils and drain well in a sieve. Add lentils and 1½ cups of the chicken broth to a 2-quart saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer lentils over low heat until they are tender, but still retain their shape about 20 minutes.

Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a heavy 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add mustard seeds and cook, stirring, until seeds just begin to pop. Carefully add tomatoes, ginger, garlic, and spices. Simmer until tomatoes are softened and the spices are fragrant, about 4 minutes. Add 1½ cups of the broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 4 minutes.

Carefully transfer the tomato-ginger mixture to the bowl of a food processor or a blender jar. Process or blend until smooth. Return to saucepan and add cooked lentils and the remaining 1 cup of chicken broth, stirring to incorporate. Bring soup to a boil, stirring occasionally. Stir in cilantro. Salt to taste.

Yield: 1¼ quarts; 6 (¾-cup) servings
Calories: 112 per serving

Last edited by onthetee; 01-25-2008 at 11:44 AM.
Old 01-25-2008, 12:33 PM   #561  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthetee View Post
Lots of tea and maybe some cucumbers. That will move off that water weight!
Not to mention pee like nobody's business....

It's lunch time and I've been reading my sexy books all day so my mood is picking up. This Special K chocolate delight is rather yummy.... wasn't expecting that. Any who...

Anyone else need a cuddle today? Amber?
Old 01-25-2008, 12:45 PM   #562  
Accepting who she is

Quote:
It's lunch time and I've been reading my sexy books all day so my mood is picking up.

Please share....that would lift the mood around here!
Old 01-25-2008, 12:53 PM   #563  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Thanks for the cuddle, Michelle!
Well, I've been trying to teach myself how to use Powerpoint to put together a presentation on my big project. So, I'm very stressed today! I spent two hours trying to figure out how to copy and paste somethig that should have been so simple! Why does my company assume we already know how to use these things?

Quote:
It's lunch time and I've been reading my sexy books all day so my mood is picking up.
So, now I'm taking a lunch break. Hubby has made a delicious chicken & apple sausage lunch. And, I'm going to watch an episode of Desperate Housewives. I've never watched this before. I've been picking up the episodes from Blockbuser and watching them during my lunch hour or late in the evenings after the kiddies are in bed. This show is great. I just started season 2 yesterday.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 01-25-2008 at 12:56 PM.
Old 01-25-2008, 12:55 PM   #564  
budding cinephile

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthetee View Post
Please share....that would lift the mood around here!
Anna I'm weird.... I read romance novels about vampires and them being in love. It appeals to my dark side

But just since you asked.... I'm reading a book called Demon's Kiss by Maggie Shayne
Old 01-25-2008, 12:59 PM   #565  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Anna I'm weird.... I read romance novels about vampires and them being in love. It appeals to my dark side

But just since you asked.... I'm reading a book called Demon's Kiss by Maggie Shayne
You're not weird at all...unless, I'm just weird, too! I keep putting off reading Maggie Shayne's books because she recommends that you read them in order and I can't find the first book. Have you read any of Christine Feehan? Now, her books are hot!
Old 01-25-2008, 01:39 PM   #566  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

I guess I am weird too. I LOVE Anne Rice. I have ALL her books and the Vampire ones are my fav! Does this make me wanna be Goth? lol
Old 01-25-2008, 01:45 PM   #567  
budding cinephile

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
You're not weird at all...unless, I'm just weird, too! I keep putting off reading Maggie Shayne's books because she recommends that you read them in order and I can't find the first book. Have you read any of Christine Feehan? Now, her books are hot!
I haven't read any of her books but I do have a list of Maggie's Books printed out at the house. I have the first one in the Wings in the Night series if you want to borrow it. I could mail it to you.

I also read Amanda Ashley's vampire and sci fi stuff

I was bored and went looking for some free online romance stuff to read and I found this lady I read her story Michael - Fire's Breath and it was pretty good. It's angel romance but it was nice for a change.

I make it sound like I have no love life with my husband!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
I guess I am weird too. I LOVE Anne Rice. I have ALL her books and the Vampire ones are my fav! Does this make me wanna be Goth? lol
The only Anne Rice book I own is Merrick and I'm tempted to throw it away! I really can't get into her style of writing the way she bounces back and forth. If you don't have this book I'll gladly give it to you!

Last edited by chellez; 01-25-2008 at 01:45 PM.
Old 01-25-2008, 01:46 PM   #568  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Hi Chellez and Rhonda....just popping in to say Hi~ Have a great weekend
Old 01-25-2008, 01:52 PM   #569  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Quote:
I haven't read any of her books but I do have a list of Maggie's Books printed out at the house. I have the first one in the Wings in the Night series if you want to borrow it. I could mail it to you.

I also read Amanda Ashley's vampire and sci fi stuff

I was bored and went looking for some free online romance stuff to read and I found this lady I read her story Michael - Fire's Breath and it was pretty good. It's angel romance but it was nice for a change.

I make it sound like I have no love life with my husband!

The only Anne Rice book I own is Merrick and I'm tempted to throw it away! I really can't get into her style of writing the way she bounces back and forth. If you don't have this book I'll gladly give it to you!
I have it already but thanx, lol! I love how she is so descriptive and uses so much history. Ya have to start from the beginning with Anne rice.
Old 01-25-2008, 03:13 PM   #570  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Well it's noon, and I'm already through a litre of water! I'm hoping to get through another litre of water w/cranberry juice before I leave work this evening. If I can down some tea tonight, and keep up the liquids over the weekend, I'm hopeful that I can pee it out, as Chelle said. I think I've been a little dehydrated lately, so this should help in that department too.

Does anyone else find that they are less thirsty when it's cold? It's been ridiculous here lately... -5C to 5C (low 20s to low 40s F) most days.. reeeally cold for Vancouver!!