Old 01-24-2008, 08:34 PM   #541  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierHeather View Post
I'm down 2lbs since last week. Yay. Me doing happy dance!!! My real weigh in day is Saturday so I'm hoping for 1 more lb by then.

Anyway, my goal right now is to buy a crib tent and have it overnighted here so we can get some rest again!!!
Meara gave up her nap this summer at two and a half. That cut into my alone time with the big one, AND then I had to find a way to entertain a child who does not play with toys for another two hours. It is an ugly transition. I feel for you.

Was the person who hit you a local or student?
Old 01-24-2008, 09:09 PM   #542  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Hi again Blue team! I believe we are going to be close again this week! Everybody is reporting such good losses already! I was excited this morning to see a number on the scale that I havent seen in over 4 years! This has been a great week, and I hope these anti-biotics I started today (for a sinus infection) doesnt make me retain water or anything weird like that!!
Old 01-24-2008, 09:17 PM   #543  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Naps still at 2.5! I am so jealous. My twins gave up naps at 18 months or there abouts. The only time they nap now is if we happen to be in the van or they are worn out from sheer exhaustion.

onthetee, It wouldn't surprise me a bit if your body was holding on to those last pounds because of breastfeeding. I you for extended nursing. My daughter went on a nursing strike at 10 months so I pulled the trusty pump back out and pumped for her until I weaned my son at 14 months. I'll admit I didn't try at all to get DD back to the breast. I didn't mind her nursing so much. She was fast and efficient. On and off in less that 5 minutes with a full belly. DS was a comfort nurser who would hang around all day if he had his way just to play. I couldn't take it anymore.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:42 PM   #544  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

To all of you with toddler horror stories: Tia (my furbaby) says "Thank you!" as she's getting lots of extra love and belly rubs tonight, because I realize now how much worse I could have it.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:42 PM   #545  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

I agree, I will take them up til 18 month and then take them back at 5 years. But my 6 year old orders us around now. I think she copies too much of what she sees of the primadonna life on stupid disney channel, but i let her watch otherwise she's complaining and bugging me otherwise!

I too spent 3 years thinking that nursing was keeping me from losing weight, but I'll tell you, it got no better after they weaned. Especially if they are older, and supplemental, they are taking so little it likely won't have any impact on you when you're done. At least it didn't for me, so I wouldn't count on that holding you back. If anything, I probably lost easier during xtended nursing than when I stopped. sorry to be a downer
Old 01-24-2008, 11:09 PM   #546  
Accepting who she is

Meara nurses so little now and I have so little milk that I doubt it is a factor. We only nurse when it is dark (heaven help me, daylight is getting LONGER!), and she nurses only for about 7-10 minutes to fall asleep and then again in the morning. It will be interesting to see what the doctor says. Maybe I need to have my chakras buffed.
Old 01-25-2008, 12:11 AM   #547  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

both my dd's did that and i just have to share something with you so you never have to go thru what i did. with the 1st it wasn't an issue - stronger enamel i guess, by my 2nd had the equivalent of babybottle mouth as if i put her to bed with coke in a bottle. it was awful. of course, it really defeats the purpose if you are going to try to brush their teeth and interrupt the dosing off period, but my poor little one has had to have so much dental work done. like sedated, put to sleep, steel crown over one and practically a filling in every other one. like i said, it's the strength of the teeth and it can vary, but knowing what i do now, i would find a different way to break the habit or at least cut a deal that they must brush after evening nursing. it was so hard for me to watch her getting treated, and that was with 2 different dr opinions, one who showed me the cavities on digital xrays on the computer screen. so take it for what it's worth. i kept saying but bm has antibacterial properties. true, but it also has a high sugar content. good sugar yes, but it still reacts the same with mouth bacteria.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:26 AM   #548  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Morning everyone!

I'm still feeling kind of out of it for some reason so I may be on later but I'm not sure. I didn't get to paint last night like I wanted to and I ended up eating a second helping last night when I shouldn't have. So I'm up a half a pound this morning.

I do get some alone time tonight because Daniel is going to a friend's house, so I plan on finally getting our bedroom painted so I can have room for my treadmill that comes in tomorrow!

Just wanted to give a big to those that made it into ONEderland last week!

Marianne
Myself!
Selina

Well I'm going to head off to look at some more stuff online. I brought some Special K for breakfast and lunch so maybe that will help?
Old 01-25-2008, 08:33 AM   #549  
Go Blue Team!!

S/C/G: 286/159/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiedieter View Post
To all of you with toddler horror stories: Tia (my furbaby) says "Thank you!" as she's getting lots of extra love and belly rubs tonight, because I realize now how much worse I could have it.
Amen to that!! I love my nephew to death (he's about 10 months old), and I spend as much time as possible with him when I can. But, I really like being able to give him back to his mom and dad when I feel like doing something else...

God bless you folks with the patience to deal with toddlers!!

Last edited by scgirl32; 01-25-2008 at 08:34 AM.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:51 AM   #550  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Bluesers! TGIF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellez View Post
I'm still feeling kind of out of it for some reason
Michelle, I understand! I hope you find some way of beating the blues this weekend.

Like Michelle, I'm also feeling a bit down. It all started when I got on the scales yesterday morning. I totally expected to see a nice drop....I felt
skinnier and I've been working out and eating only on-plan foods. And, I really really needed some affirmation that what I was doing was working. But, the scales were up by 1 pound. I know that I've said that the fluctuations don't usually get to me as I can usually attribute this to water retention....but, I really was looking forward to seeing a loss. I told myself that I wasn't going to let it bother me...if I choose to weigh daily, then I have to be ready for these times. But, I found myself overeating yesterday and I didn't seem to have the willpower to stop. I didn't overeat tremendously, but I know that it won't help the scales to drop any. And, I decided to make yesterday a day of rest from exercising. Now, I'm feeling guilty. Isnt that just crazy?!

I just get so frustrated with my body. I'm pouting and feeling sorry for myself. Even at this high weight, I lose slowly. My weight loss strategies from the past just don't work anymore. I must buckle down and start counting the calories. No, I really don't like the confinement and regimen of counting calories, but I really don't think the weight will come off if I don't start doing so. Also, I'm going to keep gradually increasing my speed and incline on the treadmill so that I can start running soon.

I'm sorry to be such a down today. I really try to stay upbeat and encouraging here for everyone...but, I'm just not feeling much like a cheerleader today. Maybe tomorrow will feel a bit brighter.

I truly hope that everyone...myself included!...have a great on-plan day!

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 01-25-2008 at 08:52 AM.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:55 AM   #551  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Okay...on a positive note...how about another question of the day?

What is your favorie veggie? Do you have a recipe or a special way of eating your favorite that you'd like to share?

I love fresh tomatoes....sliced with a dash of salt.

(I know! Tomatoes are technically a fruit.)

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 01-25-2008 at 08:56 AM.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:56 AM   #552  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Like Michelle, I'm also feeling a bit down.
Want to cuddle?
Old 01-25-2008, 09:10 AM   #553  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5'5

Well my oldest, who will be 5 next month, napped daily until she was about four years old. Which was heaven for me when pregnant with #2 and #3, I could nap with her every day. Now we spend part of the other kids' nap time doing homeschool work, the other part she can play online (pbskids or something similar). Unfortunately, yesterday, she just played online. We really need to work something out. My son definitely needs a nap still - he was a zombie at dinner last night, rubbing spaghetti noodles into his cheeks - so I'm going to order the crib tent today and it'll be here Monday. Worth the extra $5 to have it shipped faster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthetee View Post
Was the person who hit you a local or student?
I'm pretty sure a local - local license plate # and she looked to be 50ish. What was so odd was that she tried to hide from me. DH says maybe I looked like I was going to beat her up. I said, "Yeah I'm real menacing with my double stroller!"

Tomorrow is my weigh-in day so today I'm aiming to be extra-extra-extra good!!!

Have a great OP day everyone!
Old 01-25-2008, 09:39 AM   #554  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
What is your favorie veggie? Do you have a recipe or a special way of eating your favorite that you'd like to share?
They are my nemisis. I really like mushrooms (I know that are a fungus). So, if you don't count mushrooms, then Asparagus, I usually heat them as my DS likes them warm, but if I am hungry and in a hurry, I can eat them cold straight out of the can (I like the thinner ones the best - I bet Freud would have fun with that bit)
Old 01-25-2008, 10:19 AM   #555  
Accepting who she is

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiedieter View Post
There are days when I tell DH that I know I have had a bad day when my favorite kid is the one who chews up my wood trim (our rabbit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellez View Post
Morning everyone!
I do get some alone time tonight because Daniel is going to a friend's house, so I plan on finally getting our bedroom painted so I can have room for my treadmill that comes in tomorrow!
Yippee for the treadmill.

Can you get some sunlight today? That might perk you up a bit.

Quote:
Hi Bluesers! TGIF!

Michelle, I understand! I hope you find some way of beating the blues this weekend.

Like Michelle, I'm also feeling a bit down. It all started when I got on the scales yesterday morning. I totally expected to see a nice drop....
I just get so frustrated with my body. I'm pouting and feeling sorry for myself.

Also, I'm going to keep gradually increasing my speed and incline on the treadmill so that I can start running soon.
I feel your pain. I was up yesterday, but the good news was that I was down 1.8 this morning. Daily weighing keeps me OP, but it can be a killer when something crazy shows up.

As for the running, I cannot recommend the C25K program enough. It took an ardent anti-runner like me and got me through a 5K. You can choose your speed (I am like cold maple syrup) and set your own adenda.

Quote:
Okay...on a positive note...how about another question of the day?

Easier question is what one do I NOT like. I hate potatoes. They gag me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krjpy View Post
They are my nemisis. I really like mushrooms (I know that are a fungus). So, if you don't count mushrooms, then Asparagus, I usually heat them as my DS likes them warm, but if I am hungry and in a hurry, I can eat them cold straight out of the can (I like the thinner ones the best - I bet Freud would have fun with that bit)
Why on earth would you can asparagus? That is sacrilege!