Old 01-24-2008, 07:19 AM   #496  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

I'm an everyday weigher. Always will be. I was kidding myself when I answered was it Monday's question of the day and mentioned maybe changing that. I won't. At least I'm self aware.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:45 AM   #497  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Bluesers!

Today is a busy day for me. I have a meeting this afternoon, a project due tomorrow and another bigger project for which I'm running behind schedule. I'm feeling a bit stressed today, so I'll have to be super viligent with the eating. I'm also quite sore from my workout on Tuesday. Does anyone know if I should go ahead and work out again today since my muscles are still sore? I don't want to damage anything, but I really want to work out again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberelise View Post
I'm beginning to think I need professional help. I can't stop overeating. It is so hard to feel good about myself when I'm hating myself so much.
Amberelise - I think its great that you recognize that you might need some help with the bingeing. That is a very difficult decision, but someone who's trained in these kinds of things will be able to teach you how to control them. Good for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimere View Post
I was upset last night and binged. (
Daimere – I’m sorry that you were upset. Now that the bingeing is over (it is over, right?) have you given some thought to how you will handle these times in the future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krjpy View Post
I think it is that "clean your plate" or the "Starving kids in ???" mentality. We see it and want to finish it off.
Kelly, I am always amazed at how my youngest daughter can leave uneaten food on her plate…..pizza, cake, anything! When she’s full she’s finished. I’ve never been like that. If it’s on my plate, its meant to be eaten, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiedieter View Post
Let me sum it up like this, I take my scale on vacation with me.
Now....that is funny! Me, I would be afraid to jostle the 'oh so sacred' instrument!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierHeather View Post
I did a really tough lower body toning workout yesterday afternoon during nap time, then carried the garbage out and promptly fell HARD on my bottom.
Ouch! Hope you're feeling a little less sore today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heweysgirlalways View Post
Yes I'm under 250 lol
Congratulations, Pam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthetee View Post
OK, I am home, and very little damage was done..... Still within my cals for the day, plus LOTS of running upstairs to ride big water slides. Feeling good about life.
Welcome back! Glad to hear that you had a good time and managed to stay on-plan.

Well, I better get started on today's workload. I'll try to check in again later.
Hope everyone as a great on-plan day!

Go Blue!
Old 01-24-2008, 07:50 AM   #498  
Former Quitter

Thursday's Question of the Day:

What is your favorite exercise equipment/gadget/accessory?

I love my MP3 player! It is fully loaded with great songs that have a fast tempo and a strong bass beat. Just last week, I tried walking on the treadmill while watching TV. I was going so slow and really feeling every single looooong minute. But, once I decided to put my MP3 on, I was going much quicker and felt like I could keep going for a loooooong time!
Old 01-24-2008, 08:15 AM   #499  
Go Blue Team!!

S/C/G: 286/159/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Does my dog count? Between walking her and playing with her, I probably burn as many calories with her on any given day than I do in the 8 hours here at work. And she's a whole lot more cuddly and fun than the treadmill...
Old 01-24-2008, 09:01 AM   #500  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

Treadmill. I always can count on that to be around if I cannot get to the gym.

Well, I am up a bit, which makes me angry. I had said I would give myself a month, then go see doc if I could not get past the 150 mark. It has been since August 2006 that I have bounced around from 155-150 and never made real progress. I always have tried to say, "Oh, I cheated here or I did not work out enough, etc." After 23 days of doing really well, I should see some results and have not. I am to the point that I am will be happy if it is something medical and not just me.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:13 AM   #501  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

I love my weighted hula hoop. It really feels like doing something fun.

BUT I do have to say that I just got and inversion machine (you know the tables you lay on and can turn you upside down). It is SO good to stretch on. I have bad knees and a back that tends to get sore a lot and using this 2 times a day really makes me feel better.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:17 AM   #502  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

This must be very frustrating, Anna. When you know that you're giving it your all over a long enough period of time.

Rhonda - are you sore from cardio or weights? If it's from cardio, I think you're fine to do it again. Listen to your body though.

I had a rough night last night. Both girls woke up at 3 am and for whatever reason I couldn't fall back to sleep, so I've been working...and of course they are sleeping soundly in our bed.

My 4 year old cut her own hair BAD yesterday. I put a pic in my blog. It's so awful! And funny!

QOTD: Elliptical
Old 01-24-2008, 10:14 AM   #503  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthetee View Post
Until you have converted to charts and graphs (and I have), you have no nerdiness on me...
No charts and graphs, yet. But I am working on taking my planned out food journal and converting it to a premade shopping list. I want to get to the point where I have 7 days of meals planned out, down to the last calorie, and pre-made on Sundays so I don't need to cook all week. That would free up more gym time and I wouldn't be able to over eat becuase then my food would be planned out more precisely. I'm moving on from South Beach to Dee Plan #92835 and incorporating Jillian's oxidizing principles for her books. (I bought Making the Cut when it came out this Tuesday, good stuff). Still very SB friendly, just more precise.

My ipod (and armband) and oddly enough the D-clip on my key, instead of jingling my keys as I run/walk, I clip just my car key to my bra strap and tuck it into my bra. It's much easier to keep track of that way. Oh wait, also my Moving Comfort sports bra. If you're "blessed" it's a must have. So comfortable and no bounce. Worth every penny of the $38 dollars I spent on it.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:18 AM   #504  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomTo2SweetPeas View Post

My 4 year old cut her own hair BAD yesterday. I put a pic in my blog. It's so awful! And funny!
OMG! That picture says it all. So will you be buying her a hat, or try to even it up?
Old 01-24-2008, 10:23 AM   #505  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Bluezerrrrrs!!!

Sorry I haven't been here much. They moved one of my babies. I hate it when they have to go. Trying to distract myself all the time from thinking about it.

So now we have a spot for another school age child, well its been open a while, and another newborn. We'll see how it goes. Hopefully we'll get a call soon. (I don't ever wish that kids come into care, only that I'll be the one they call if they do. )

My dd colored my kitchen floor with White Out and I was just a few feet from her, talking to Tatiana. Oh and its on my fridge and the wooden trim between wall and floor and all over her clothes, which the jeans were my son's when he was a yr old (Emily is a short 2.5 yr old!) I loved her wearing them, they didn't look like boy jeans, just plain. I shoulda just put them in his keepsakes b4 this. Oh well, u live and u learn.

But seriously it was upsetting bc I watch her soooooooo close all day every day. I call her to me if I can't see her, etc. I have to have my nails redone bc cleaning it got whiteout all over them.

Then CPS called me with a little 5 yr old girl who was removed for abuse and neglect then had to suffer thru 3 other placements with family members that didn't work out and she currently has lice. So I said I'd take her and went straight out and bought meds to do as soon as she got here. 4.5 hours later no call from anyone saying when she was coming, it was getting late. I called them and they checked and said I'm so sorry but they placed her with another relative and just forgot to call you.

I'm so tired of the disrespect from them. We don't matter enough to call and inform that she isn't coming but we matter alot when a caseworker is stuck at the office at midnite with a child who just came into care and they need a placement asap. So what if we were preparing a room for her and all that? Thinking about what clothes I have that may fit her, etc.. all that doesn't matter bc they changed plans and failed to let me know. But we keep going bc they'll call us again one day for someone who needs us and things will go smoothly.

Ok, see how complicated my life seems to be lately? I'm eating my highest amount I allow myself, so therefore I am not losing. I thought going down 100 cals a day would help me still lose on the high end. It's not. So lowering again to 1600 with low end at 1000, which is rare anyway. I lost only when I ate an average of 1200 a day. I hate it but its just how my body works. And I have to make myself focus enough to do that. I am on something like day 150 or 151 I think of being OP. But not every day can be high end or I just stay the same. At least I'm learning my maintenance numbers I guess! LOL!

And on top of all this I marched in place and did arm lifts and all that and jogged for 5.5 mins straight fast til I was out of breath (I'm sooo out of shape!) during finally getting to watch TBL last nite. Went for 1 hour and 41 mins without stopping (no commercials, I love my DVR). Hope it helped some.

I'm challenging myself to jog fast for 5 mins each morning b4 noon and 5 mins straight at nite or evening every day. Who is with me??? I think that little bit could help rev up our metabolism a little. And if we have time and want to we can do a little more. But I wanna beat red team!! Can't let them win twice in a row!

Amberlise, hope ur feeling better, I know the feeling about being out of control. It's so aggravating. It gets better tho. I try to focus on everything I can except the food. But I never ever let myself get really hungry. I hate that feeling, maybe that's why I'm heavy. Hmmm...

My fave gadget? My pedometer!!!!!!! Everyone needs to wear one every single day!!!!! I love mine.

Hi to all of you ladies and John. I'm sorry I'm not doing personals again. I am such a slacker. I think Emily is taking things out of the dishwater in there. She pulls chairs up to reach everything.. lol. Arrrghh!!

Have a great OP day! Hugs, Selina
Old 01-24-2008, 10:35 AM   #506  
Former Quitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon2BFitChick View Post
Sorry I haven't been here much. They moved one of my babies. I hate it when they have to go. Trying to distract myself all the time from thinking about it.
Oh, Selina. I'm so sorry. Who'd they move this time? I know how hard these times are for you. Please know that so many of us truly appreciate what you do for these children. I really don't know how you do it. Hang in there. Come talk with us when you have time.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:05 AM   #507  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Selina, I don't know how you do it, but those children are blessed to have you. I wanted to cry reading about that 5 year old. I have a 5 yo girl and it would tear me to pieces just thinking of her going through that at her age...it's a very complicated age, esp. for a girl. If this next one doesn't work out I really hope they will skip those relatives and hand her to you. I am too emotional and soft hearted to children to survive that work without being over 500 lbs. You are truly amazing!

onthetee--that would be SO frustrating. I say go see the doctor, rule out something medical. Have you tried changing your eating and/or exercise...I imagine in all that time you have.

Rhonda--If you are sore from weights, just make sure you don't work the same muscles without at least a day in between, and if it is seriuosly sore I would give it 2 days. If it is from cardio, I always go on and push through it, usually it is gone after the next day. I was seriously sore yesterday from the Jillian DVD so took a day of rest. I am still a bit sore today but will go at it again. Just use y our own common sense. If it is really bad sore, you might need to rest that body part a day or two.

My favorite gadget is my MP3 player. It used to be my pedometer but I couldn't find one that would stay put. I went through 5 of them, all different, and they would fall off everytime I bent down, got very annoying. Plus, most of those would not count every step, or wouldn't count when I was walking in place correctly...so, I gave up on them and now just love my MP3 player.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:46 AM   #508  

My husband just bought me a MP3 and I like it except I don't really listen to alot of music that has a good enough beat to use to work out with. I love souther Gospel and bluegrass gospel but that just does not go well with Dancing around lol

My husband downloaded me some songs, some I like others I could pass on. Any suggestions on some good music with a good beat? No bad words! I like good clean music and my daughter likes using the mp3 player as well. So I don't want anything that is bad or would make her think that I accept those kinds of words or things.

But I know there is music out there that is good and clean and please if you know some songs let me know.

My mom is getting ready to come over and we are going to work out together. So we will post later what we did in the execrise thread.

Also my daughter is out of school again today. She has been up all night coughing really bad. I took her to the dr yesterday morning and she got a 20 minute breathing treament and back on her inhaler (which she has not used in at least 6 months) She was just doing really good and was not needing it. But the dr assured me yesterday that she needs it really bad right now.

Okay well I better get off here and get ready so that when my mom gets here we can get started.

Pam
Old 01-24-2008, 11:48 AM   #509  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 505/480/475(mini-goal)

Heya Bluez!

I'm working from home today so I decided to be sneaky and get in 20 minutes on the bike while I didn't have much to do. I really want to start getting up at around 6am and eat a bit of breakfast (which I rarely do) and workout for an hour before going to work. Maybe if I do this a few times during my work-at-home days it'll lead to more morning exercising.

So for the QOTD, I guess I'd have to say my Recumbent bike. Without it, I probably wouldn't be exercising all that much. Now, I do have a little stand-alone pedaler thing that sits on the floor. I used it a few years back for a long time but after I got used to it, there was no challenge. There's a resistance knob but I have pretty strong legs so I'd have to tighten that thing up almost all the way. After 20-30 minutes it would start making a weird smell and the sides would be extremely hot.

On a side note, does anyone else have this problem. Usually when I get into "exercise mode", I tend to want to get new toys. So, when I bought that pedaler thing, I used it a bit and then quit. The next time I became interested in losing weight though, I used it a lot. Then I decided to buy my recumbent bike. I used it about 10 times and then quit (not really so much quit, but only used a few times a month). So now I'm interested in exercise again and I'm scared to death to buy anything else. I think if I do, then I'll probably quit again. Anyone else notice they do that?

Well, gotta do some work before I head out for lunch (which will probably be hitting up Kroger for some turkey).

Later!

John
Old 01-24-2008, 12:06 PM   #510  

Pam - Scrolling thru my playlists, here are some that might work for you, most of my songs are geared toward walking, not running, so they may be a little slower than other suggestions.

Heather Small - What have you done today (to make you feel proud)? (BL theme song)
Wildlife w/ Simone Denny - All things just keep getting better
Amy Grant - Baby, Baby
Van Zant - Get right with the man

Dang, I never realized how many of my songs aren't "clean".

John - I think I could open up my own gym with the fitness toys I've accumulated. Bands, straps, balance balls, gym systems, etc. Sad to say that they are all stuffed into a closet and I go to the gym.