Old 01-25-2008, 03:58 PM   #571  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by practiceliving View Post
Does anyone else find that they are less thirsty when it's cold?

I'm actually MORE thirsty. I think it's the dry air in my house from running the heat!
Old 01-25-2008, 04:18 PM   #572  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

Busy around here...no way to catch up on all the posts so here's a quickie...

Hugs SELENA, MARIANNE, RHONDA & CHELLE!

Rhonda...I know too well the frustration of losing slowly, sorry about the gain Hang in there and it will happen.

Marianne...I find that I am less thirsty when it's cold. It is really hard to get my water in because of that.

Thursday's Question...has to be my treadmill and all my dvds...without them I would probably never exercise.

Friday's Question...I was going to say corn is my favorite veggie but I seem to eat more potatoes .

Anyway...busy day yesterday and today and not doing so good with the food, ugh! I think it is TOM, rather the week before and I am craving all the crap I shouldn't be eating. Went to the movie yesterday and yes, I had a small buttered popcorn, still kicking myself over that one. I am a little worried about WI tomorrow morning
Old 01-25-2008, 04:52 PM   #573  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Hi Everyone
It's been a crazy week workwise so I can't even begin to catch up! But I saw a few posts about cuddles so I'm guessing the funk bug is contagious!
I was crabby this week too, bloated and was rewarded with a visit from Aunt Flo who now has me up 3 lbs despite being 100% on plan since January 2!!!!
So I am hoping for some loss over the weekend before my poor husband gets hurt by a flying scale!

Hang in there !!
Old 01-25-2008, 04:57 PM   #574  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

So, I just had a light bulb moment. I was sitting in the bath having my daily relaxation time and I was thinking about my lack of significant weight loss lately. (Yeah, not very relaxing to think about) And, I realized something.

Every one of my hero's here at 3FC who have posted their story in the Goal thread have ......ta da...lost their weight by counting calories and exercising. There is no big secret. If I want to lose, I have to count and move my butt. And, guess what? Most of them are about my age!

Plain and simple, huh? So, why am I fighting it?

I got my results from last week's routine blood work. My cholesterol is great. My liver counts are great. Everything is great. So, I don't have metabolic syndrome....and, I don't have insulin resistance anymore! That means that my body...although a little older and slower....works just like everyone else's now. Hmmm.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 01-25-2008 at 05:02 PM.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:03 PM   #575  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Great news about no longer having insulin resistance anymore.

I am joining the funk club I guess. Had a great day until DH came home. He is in a mood and the kids are being wild so now no one is happy. Is it bedtime yet?
Old 01-25-2008, 07:32 PM   #576  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Wow - I've been trying to log in at work for hours now and finally it let me in!

Anyways, I was in such a rush this morning that I forgot it was my weigh in day. I KNOW I've lost weight this week, but we'll just have to see what the scales says in the morning. I seriously am putting away my scale for awhile after this competition. I put on my jeans this am (we can wear them on Friday if we want to) and they are TERRIBLY loose! Yippee.

OK, gotta run and do yet another RSV test...all these sick babies today...
Old 01-25-2008, 07:34 PM   #577  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

That's fantastic news on your labs, Rhonda!!! WTG! And I agree with your ah-ha moment...it works!
Old 01-25-2008, 07:53 PM   #578  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

on the lab work Rhonda Donda! That's awesome news!!!!
Old 01-25-2008, 10:38 PM   #579  
BLUE team

S/C/G: 238/ticker/138

Height: 5'7''

Congratulations on the bloodwork Rhonda, evidence that although your weight loss is frustratingly slow you ARE doing some GREAT things for your body. I agree, calorie counting is the way to go. It is tedious and time consuming, but it reveals amazing things we often otherwise overlook. I've found that I eat the same thing about every day just because its so easy to compute the calories since I've already done it.

I'm sorry everyone is feeling so down. It's a tough time of year, seems like lots of people are sick, and it just seems like there isn't much in the near future to look forward to, not even a nice three day weekend coming up any time soon. I hope everyone is able to get themselves out of their rut, be it weight loss, just emotional, or a combination of both. Everyone is doing so great in this challenge, even those who have not seen a loss yet. The fact that we are all being conscious of our weight and trying is an accomplishment in itself.

Have a good weekend! Can't wait to see how we did this week.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:28 PM   #580  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
I got my results from last week's routine blood work. My cholesterol is great. My liver counts are great. Everything is great. So, I don't have metabolic syndrome....and, I don't have insulin resistance anymore! That means that my body...although a little older and slower....works just like everyone else's now. Hmmm.
YAHHOOOOOO!!! Congrats on great test results Rhonda! I'm glad you had an a-ha moment too. The bath and shower are such great places to have a good think, eh?

Also - an update on me and the water... I've had over 2L today, and I'm surprisingly NOT peeing every 5 minutes. I think I must have been super dehydrated. We'll see how things go over the weekend!
Old 01-26-2008, 07:26 AM   #581  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5'5

Congratulations Rhonda! That's so great.

I weighed in this morning (Saturday is my day) and I lost 2.5lbs since last week. I was hoping for 3 but I'm still very happy! After last week's .5lb GAIN, this is just great. I'm so happy to be able to contribute to the team in the right direction.

My problem today is going to be that DH and I are going out to dinner for a 'real date' and not sure yet where we'll be eating. I am going to restrict my calories during the rest of the day more than usual so hopefully I won't do anything too bad to myself.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:07 AM   #582  

S/C/G: 250/250/225

Height: 5'10"

Morning everyone.

We all have colds in our house. Of course Aiden is taking it fine, I'm grumpy, and DH is whiny. Unfortunately I also have to work tonight and early tomorrow. But we'll see how it goes. I just started WW again after a 6 month "break". I also just posted my progress pics. UGH.

Congratulations Rhonda on your test results.

I can't wait till weigh in cause I've been going down everyday I weigh myself. Gotta go get some more water. Having a cold always makes me wicked thirsty. But hey its good for weight loss.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:36 AM   #583  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

I don't feel well. I'm depressed bc my baby is gone (Rhonda, its the tiny one this time, Mr. Furley is still here) and I'm feeling bloated altho TOM is still several days away. Haven't lost anything despite being OP. Not drinking enough water either, except on days I make myself. I feel like my eyeballs were floating tho. The weather is extremely dreary and dark and drizzly and cold. I cant wait for springtime. Probably better if I don't post if this is all I have to say! Sorry bout that. I think I definitely need a cuddle.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:41 AM   #584  

S/C/G: 250/250/225

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon2BFitChick View Post
I don't feel well. I'm depressed bc my baby is gone (Rhonda, its the tiny one this time, Mr. Furley is still here) and I'm feeling bloated altho TOM is still several days away. Haven't lost anything despite being OP. Not drinking enough water either, except on days I make myself. I feel like my eyeballs were floating tho. The weather is extremely dreary and dark and drizzly and cold. I cant wait for springtime. Probably better if I don't post if this is all I have to say! Sorry bout that. I think I definitely need a cuddle.
Here's a cuddle. Hope you feel better.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:01 AM   #585  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon2BFitChick View Post
Probably better if I don't post if this is all I have to say! Sorry bout that. I think I definitely need a cuddle.
Selina, please don't feel that you can't come here and post during the rough times. It seems like a large number of us are going through some of these times right now. I'd like to think that our team can be here for each other in the rough times as well as the good.