Old 01-19-2008, 02:46 PM   #346  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomTo2SweetPeas View Post
Anna - please share your chick pea recipe. I eat hummus daily, so I'm sure I'd love it.
To one can of LITE coconut milk, add:
1 garlic clove (minced)
1 T. curry powder
1 T. peeled, grated fresh ginger (1 t. dried)
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. coriander
1 tsp. salt.
1/8 tsp. ground cayenne pepper

Simmer for 20 minutes. Add one drained can of chickpeas. Heat through. Add corn starch if you prefer a thicker sauce.

I had figured the calories myself, but when I do the recipe analyzer, it is much higher. I don't know if their numbers for lite coconut milk are higher or what.

I would suggest doing it on your own to see what you get.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:47 PM   #347  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Happy Saturday!

No personals right now, I'm running behind. I managed a 1 pound loss this week, and I'm satisfied with that. It seems like once I crossed the 20 pound loss mark I have to fight for every 1/2 pound.

My 3 things I love about me:

1. My boobs. Not having had any babies, they're in great shape for my age. I've lost from a 42 D to a 38 D, so I don't think the cup size will change too much when I hit my goal weight.
2. My general appearance vs real age, I get carded a lot, and at 36, I'm thrilled.
3. My legs. I have skinny ankles and shapely calves from all the walking I do.

Off to take DSS rollerskating if he wants to go.
Old 01-19-2008, 03:03 PM   #348  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissingginger View Post
I guess that's what water bras are for eh?
I don't know about those - sounds like it might remind me of breastfeeding? Can they leak? I know as soon as I can get a Victoria's Secret IPEX demi bra around me (they only go up to 38/B) I'm trying one. My sisters all wear these and look great.

That recipe sounds great! Thanks for sharing. Lots of time the online tools don't have the correct info in the database.

Yeah, all the cold and snow down south is crazy. DH is from Selma, AL so he's been talking to family/friends in the south. They are just not prepared for it.
Old 01-19-2008, 03:04 PM   #349  
One life, live it well

Excuse all the boob talk, John!
Old 01-19-2008, 03:08 PM   #350  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

3 things I like about my body or personal appearance:

1. The "sisters". They've always been big. I started wearing a regular bra in 4th grade! When I've lost weight the cup size never changed
2. My calves. My personal trainer a few years back complimented me too.
3. a tie bw my small hands and my big eyes

Everyone congrats on the losses! I weighed in the 13th so I am good for my weigh in. The big question is when I will weigh for Week 2.
Old 01-19-2008, 03:29 PM   #351  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Rhonda--have fun tonight...that sounds so fun! I have never played Bunko either, but sure you'll enjoy whatever it is It is snowing right now here and my kids are hoping for enough to make a snowman...actually, they are talking a snow family now I think They were not interested in it a couple days ago, but the idea of having a LOT of it got them excited. Little boy is spending night with MIL though, so it's unusually quiet around here tonight.

Nori--Thank God for people like your hubby! I hope he could help them get it out.

Cristina--I am so happy you got a loss, you deserve it!

Ellie--YAY 2 lb. is a good start.

Peach--You got through surgery and still lost almost a lb, you rock! And I weigh completely naked in the AM, but with clothes off and on during the day sometimes.

Pam--OMG, you have to be proud of 4.5 lbs.! It is easy to get hung up wanting a certain #, but that is a lot for one week...be proud! Or I can be proud for you until you get under 250 and do it for yourself I do see the difference in myself now that i realize my top fat roll is almost all the way gone...but it's still hard to not see a loss I still have hope though, now that TOM is over and I'm determined to get in more exercise tonight and tomorrow. The trampoline is helping...it's SO fun!

ssgtswife--I am proud of you resisting cake like that...it's a weakness of mine as well. And 11 lbs...holy cow! What kind of exercise/eating plan do you do?

As for bras...the first place I started losing was in the chest. I don't mind at all, they are too big, but hubby is less than trilled He joked last night that he might have to get me a boob job before long...NOT going to happen, buddy

3 things I like about myself:

1. My hair, I have always had good hair.

2. My waist, just because it's smaller than my hips and chest.

3. My feet I guess I don't really have one more.

I tried to exercise early this AM but I couldn't get into anything. I ended up walking with intervals jumping on the trampoline..and it didn't make me want to pee must have just been full of it last night. I'm going to record some workouts from on demand channel for my mom tonight, so will do them as I record. I keep curling up next to hubby and I decided not to feel bad about being lazy....he will be gone again tomorrow then things will get back to normal.

Last edited by Purplefirefly; 01-19-2008 at 03:31 PM.
Old 01-19-2008, 03:39 PM   #352  
Go Blue Team!!

S/C/G: 286/159/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Scgirl - How did it go with the Mexican food last night?
As well as could be expected... I did a good job of limiting the number of chips I ate (limited to 15 with *tons* of salsa). Then, I went with chicken fajitas for dinner. I ate the meat, peppers and onions, leaving the tortillas, cheese, sour cream, etc. My downfall came later, though. We went out for karaoke afterwards. There were about 10 of us, and, around midnight or so, someone got the idea to order mozzarella sticks and pizza bread. I had three of the cheese sticks, which I really didn't need. But, I feel better about it since I did an extra-long workout at the gym this morning (added about 15 minutes to my usual cardio routine).
Old 01-19-2008, 04:10 PM   #353  
BLUE team

S/C/G: 238/ticker/138

Height: 5'7''

Jenn (SSgtswife33) - WOW! 11 lbs. That is awesome. This is really random and it would certainly be a smaller world than I ever thought, but was your sons birthday the little party near the playground tubes at the Chuck-e-Cheese on Sunset last night around 4:30-5ish? I have no recollection of any of the adults but I did notice the cute kiddos and 3 years old seems about the age that was being celebrated. That would be too weird if we were both at the same pizza place last night (ahhh, I just confessed what I did last night...but I didn't eat, I swear!).
Old 01-19-2008, 04:35 PM   #354  
One life, live it well

Theresa - he's not home yet so I don't know what it was. Last week they pulled a long strip of steak out of a guys throat. He said it was as long as his hand. Good thing they can still breath with this kind of stuff lodged! You would be shocked to hear what people get stuck in their bodies. He works in GI/Endoscopy, so I'm talking about BOTH ends now!!

Yeah, my Dh jokes about a boob job too. If this girl gets any work done, it'll more than likely be brachioplasty (an arm lift) once I get to goal. I have an interesting body shape. Percentage wise my limbs are the fattest parts of my body - my arms are HUGE. I'm going to post my pic in a bit - gotta download the camera first - and you can see. If I can get to the place where my ARMS are on the list of things I love about my body THAT will be a miracle!!!!!

DH wanted to go out to Mexican last night, but I wan't ready to go out yet. I need to prepared so I don't binge on chips and salsa. They are my fav foods in the world! If I knew I was going to die tomorrow, I'd chose my last meal to be Mexican with chips and salsa and I would have started eating it this morning!
Old 01-19-2008, 06:12 PM   #355  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 505/480/475(mini-goal)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomTo2SweetPeas View Post
Excuse all the boob talk, John!
Please, I'm over 400 pounds...I've got to worry about my boobs too!

On the plus side, I weighed myself today and I'm down 9 pounds since I first gave Chellez my weight.
Old 01-19-2008, 06:51 PM   #356  

S/C/G: 250/250/225

Height: 5'10"

Well the birthday party went well. Keith's sisters family didn't come but it seems they are all sick. I am sorry they are sick. Aiden got lots of learning gifts which is what I wanted. Things like matching and picture cards. He was so cute eating his cake and ice cream very carefully. Unfortunately when we were leaving he ran and did a header on the pavement. But all he did was scrape under his nose and bang one of his teeth so it started bleeding. Boy do they bleed. But after a couple minutes he didn't want mommy fussing over him so we headed home. Ah well. What ya gonna do? He's 2. I'm sure there are worse injuries in his future. Sometimes I freak out about things like that or when he's sick cause when he was born he was diagnosed with a heart defect which they fixed when he was 4 months old but you never forget that fear.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:56 PM   #357  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Karen--ouch! I hate when they fall like that, but glad he is okay and didn't knock the tooth out. I am paranoid with my kids as well, I think it is just a mommy thing I had an infant wearing a heart monitor for awhile, the other one admitted to hospital at 2 weeks old, then transferred an hour away to have heart checked....it is scary! Last year my son had a seizure and I woke up, literally thought he was dead beside me in the bed...you just never forget those things. They are healthy and normal now but it just will never leave me, all those horrible things they have been through.

OKay, edit:I was going to watch TAR and exercise...until I realized this is not Sunday Now I"m going to do WATP instead.

Last edited by Purplefirefly; 01-19-2008 at 08:06 PM.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:24 PM   #358  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Evening ladies!

I'm munching on some broccoli and brown rice yum!

Still don't have time to chat but I'm going to weigh in tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Tomorrow we wont have company so I'll have more time for a heart to heart with everyone!

Lots of Love and

Last edited by chellez; 01-19-2008 at 08:25 PM.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:38 PM   #359  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Height: 5'6"

Alright everyone ... I made it through the Derby today and even managed to basically stay on plan (I have 1 serving of fruit to many and 1 vegetable to few, but otherwise did good). I do have to say that they had Double Chocolate Duncan Donuts at the Concession stand this morning. I could have kissed the kid who finally bought it because it was calling my name. I could have cared less about all the other Donuts, but that Double Chocolate was not just calling my name, it was screaming my name.

CONGRATs to all you "Losers" out there. I have to say I am proud of you all!

As for today's question:
1. The color of my hair
2. That I have an hourglass figure, and when I get to goal it will look like those Milk commercials
3. The shape of my butt, it is a little large right now, but the shape has stayed good, just the quantity needs to be worked on

Everyone have a great night!
Old 01-19-2008, 10:29 PM   #360  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

OK, back from working out and putting the kids to bed. 90minutes of weight lifting and stretching.

I better start saving now, cuz it's gonna be ex-pen-SIVE at goal! SweetPeas post got me wondering, and I had to go check it out. (John, close your eyes now, but I did LOL at your post about having them too! ) Oh, btw, Nori the website sells them up to a 38DD !!

.brandBorder{ margin: 0px 0px 0px 0px; } .shortDescBorder{ margin: 0px 0px 0px 0px; } Body by Victoria®

IPEX® demi bra

The world's most advanced bra technology for virtually weightless, no-show coverage. IPEX® is the only bra with patented graduated pads seamlessly integrated at the apex of the bra cup for maximum (EDITED FOR MIXED COMPANY) coverage. When combined with our microsmooth fabric, the result is incredibly lightweight, with coverage where you need it. Underwire cups. Slim, adjustable straps and back closure. Imported nylon/Lycra® spandex.
Sizes 32-36A-C; 38B-C. #179-317 $45.
Sizes 34-38D-DD. #179-318 $48.
.rolloverDesc{ margin: 0px 0px 0px 0px; }
Rollover to see enlarged colors:

Last edited by sportmom; 01-19-2008 at 10:31 PM.