Old 01-20-2008, 04:57 PM   #376  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Quote:
Have we had a question for today? I'd like to know what you all do to show your love for yourself and/or your body - do you shop? take baths? get spa treatments?
I drink my water and try to use as many natural products as possible. One of my goal rewards is a mani and pedi. They will be my first ever.
Old 01-20-2008, 05:49 PM   #377  

I terrified to weigh in tomorrow morning. I was up 3 pounds this morning and while I know a lot of it was sodium a lot of it wasn't. I'm hoping that just makes for a better week next week.

I have been trying really hard to find other things to do instead of snack. Earlier when I wanted something I grabbed the weights and did another go around of those. That was a good solution for today but now I don't know what to do for tomorrow if I am supposed to take a day off between strength training. Someone else always has control of our one tv and DH looked at me funny when I told him I was gonna go buy a second tv and dvd player for the office. I could try and do the treadmill but it is loud and the kids are always bothering me while I am on it. I suppose I can try and do my video from memory. It might not be quite as fast paced without watching her but at least it is movement, right?
Old 01-20-2008, 07:27 PM   #378  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Tonight was hubby's grandma's birthday and they decided everyone was going out to the fish fry...of course last minute, of course way too late to plan, and of course this is not a place where you can look it up online. The only thing on the entire menu not fried was grilled chicken so I ordered that, came with a salad but all other sides were fried so I got onion rings. The good thing is I still had 775 calories for today! I ate the chicken breasts (plain on the plate, no bread) and the salad, which was actually just a big bowl of lettuce, literally! Then I had 2 big onion rings and my stomach is not liking that! I haven't had anything greasy in a couple months, and I feel the rumblings that it is not liking it! They really didn't taste as good as I remember them anyway.

I know I did not go over calories and everything was on plan except the rings, so I should be okay at weigh in tomorrow. I just don't feel so great tonight, but will exercise anyway!

Zinkemom--are you talking about the walk away the pounds dvd? I do those movements and make up my own little walks...just get going marching at a good pace then start adding in the other moves. I aso walk circles around my house, helps a lot with not eating and bumps up the exercise minutes as well!

Peach--I hope you heal quickly...and yeah, it has to get better someday Hang in there.

Victoria-- Yay for 2 lbs!

mommyacacia--I love little surprise lbs...yay! I hope the little one recovers fully and you all get back to normal.

Rhonda--at least you know now what these nights will entail and can be ready next time. Make sure you bring healthy stuff, then get extra exercise that day, even the day before and after helps. You can overcome and make it work, I have faith in you! If you are doing calories how we talked before, you can give more to the day of these events and it will all work out, allowing you not to deprive yourself.

Last edited by Purplefirefly; 01-20-2008 at 07:28 PM.
Old 01-20-2008, 08:04 PM   #379  

Purplefirefly,
Yup, it is WATP Walk and Jog. I love it! I never expected to be able to make it all the way through the first time but I did. I really like how she isn't constantly changing positions so I don't feel as though I am flailing around like a fish.

Getting ready to go do some stretching while I watch Amazing Race and then a hot shower to finish loosening up my muscles. I am going to be plenty sore tomorrow. I can tell already. I am used to 15-20 reps with two pound weights and I did 40-60 with 5 pound weights. What was I thinking?!?!?!
Old 01-20-2008, 08:31 PM   #380  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

evening Blue Team!

I'm getting ready to eat some dinner and we have some company but I wanted to let you know that I lost 3.5 lbs despite my horrible eating for most of the week. I really think that the moving exercise helped!

I'll be back after the company leaves for sure!
Old 01-20-2008, 08:54 PM   #381  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

ok haven't had time to get on and u all have 7 more pages on here!! lol. i will read when i can, see how i dont even have time for correct punctuation?? Arrghh!!!

Ok, i posted my weight, lost 5 lbs. if i can just keep steady at 2 lbs a week im good! on day 148 I think of being OP. Half way thru the year is coming up!!! What will that be day 183?? well gotta go, baby still sick and on breathing treatments, poor thing. Im up every few hours even at 3am, etc. so just glad im still losing something. i always slow down with no sleep. hug to each of you, you all did great even if u didnt lose, at least you are still thinking about it each day, trying. That's what really matters. It's when I zone out and forget to watch that I gain so much back.

nite! Selina
Old 01-20-2008, 09:15 PM   #382  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Feed your mind while you feed your body. Start shifting your mind from negative to positive thinking by reading uplifting books and magazines. This means that you stay away from attention-grabbing news stories and sensationalism. Get biographies of men and women who've achieved great success by overcoming enormous obstacles. Notice how they did it, and you'll see that it was positive thinking that made the difference.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:32 PM   #383  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Ok the Packers game is over and our company has left. Maybe now that we have finally moved out of the apartment my life will fall into a normal pace. We didn't get our treadmill this weekend and I'm not sure if we will get it next weekend either so I'm hoping that unpacking all of our belongings and making this house a home will help me lose more weight next week. We went to BJ's and got some groceries so I'll be able to make a real dinner this week.

I really wish I would have had more time to spend on the forums this weekend but with moving and stuff I'll probably not be able to go back and do personals from the past stuff. Now that I'll be back to work full time I'll have plenty of time to keep up from now on.

I know that some of you are interested in seeing pictures of the house after the paint and stuff but unfortunately we are not finished painting so I dont have any yet.

Other than that just make sure everyone weighs in before the deadline tomorrow!
Old 01-21-2008, 09:08 AM   #384  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

I just posted my weigh in for the second week...down 3 lb. And I spent all week worrying the scale wasn't going to move

Michelle--Even with all the hard work, it is so exciting to be in a new house..especially your first house! Unpacking can be a great workout, focus on squeezing things as you move up and down, etc.

Zinke--I just won Walk and Jog off ebay last night...can't beat $5, free shipping for a brand new DVD. I had to check their feedback because I was sure it was rip off I do the 1 mile jog on demand, but wanted to do the 2 mile.

Where is everyone? It's getting kinda quiet in here.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:25 AM   #385  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Morning All
Busy weekend with the kids so not much time to chat and now a full and crazy work week ahead!
Got to the gym yesterday and the one we chose to join has a family swim on Sundays in the pool. So I was able to go workout and go to my dance class and hubby took our two little ones swimming. We are going to try and make Sunday 'family day' and always do something active. So hopefully in later years my daughters won't be having to fight the battle of the bulge like their mommy!
Great week and the gym and didn't even indulge in cocktails while watching the games so got a nice 4lb drop this week.
Keep up the great work and have a good week!
Old 01-21-2008, 09:28 AM   #386  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Bluesers! Are you enjoying your Martin Luther King Day?

Today was weigh-in for me. Just like I expected, I lost back down to my challenge starting weight, so I have a zero loss for the team. Starting today, I'll be joining Purple on Jillian Michael's plan. Hopefully, I can start pulling in a 2-3 pounds loss each week.

Purple and Selina - Congratulations on your losses!
Selina - Congratulations on reaching on-plan day 148! I've thought of trying that, too. Unfortunately, I can't seem to make it past day 5 or 6. Those doggone weekends get me every time!
Zinke - How are you muscles feeling today?
Michelle - We certainly understand why you've not been around much this past week. Setting up a household is a full time job! Come join us when you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by likenoother View Post
Practice
I'd like to know what you all do to show your love for yourself and/or your body - do you shop? take baths? get spa treatments?
I love bath products.....gels, lotions and body sprays. I always watch for the $5.00 sale at Bath & Bodyworks. Everyday, I usually quit working, then go take a nice relaxing bath with a yummy book and my bath products. Now, I'm trying to establish a habit of getting on the treadmill immediately after work, then enjoying my relaxing bath. Last week, the treadmill won!

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day today. Let's make this week an awesome week of losses and mega minutes of exercise!
GO BLUE!

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 01-21-2008 at 10:15 AM.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:42 AM   #387  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Question for the day: Let's steal another question from another team, shall we? If you were given the option of a free personal chef or a free personal trainer for one year, which would you choose?

For me, I'd choose the personal trainer. Hopefully, Jillian Michaels would be available! Hubby does the cooking around here and he's a marvelous cook. Also, he cooks on-plan foods for us. So, I guess you can say that I already have my "personal chef."
Old 01-21-2008, 09:44 AM   #388  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Congrats on the losses Purplefirefly and KrispieD!

It has been a bit quiet around here. Of course its when I have a little time to read and post.

Rhonda--I love the Bath & Body Works sales every June & December. I didn't allow myself to go in 2007. I have so much stuff and get them as gifts too so I am set. Maybe by June of this year my supply will have dwindled. But I also wonder if that stuff is not great for my dry skin and maybe I should stick with the natural products I buy.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:46 AM   #389  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Personal trainer--I need someone to challenge me in ways I won't challenge myself. A personal chef that makes fantastic food would probably make me want to eat more, and more, and more!
Old 01-21-2008, 09:55 AM   #390  

I am sore. I could only do 12 minutes of my video before I collapsed. I've been doing some stretching and I'll try the video again later. It's good pain though.

I am up three pounds. It is no surprise to me really as I did a lot of binging this week. DH and I are having some financial issues and instead of me talking to him about it I bury my head in food. I am trying really hard to make an effort to focus that negativity and channel it into something positive. Every time I thought about our problem yesterday I picked up the weights again. I figure it is one solution as he already knows how I feel.

I decided to also start tracking my calories again on Spark. I think that will be another reminder to me. Although I get tired of doing it after a few days I definitely think it is something I need to focus on.

Todays question. Personal chef or trainer? I would take the chef hands down.