Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 03:47 PM   #181  
Simply Filling Technique

Lightbulb

I changed my web browser from IE to Mozilla Firefox. My son had been bugging me to do this for quite some time and what finally made me do it was when IE kept freezing up and I was getting error messages. After all, why pay for the fastest Internet speed if it is going as slow as a snail. The only problem I am having with MF is that it bounces me back to several pages here. I spent a lot of time rereading older posts so I am now going to be more observant of the dates when you posted. So, "moving forward".

My report on St. Eusebius went well. In fact, after I finished researching who he was, I think he is my favorite Pope so far (I have three more to go to report on). Here is the nutshell of who he was and why I liked him: he was only a Pope for 4 months in the 4th century. Short and sweet. He was well loved by the town of Vercelli, Italy where he was Bishop, which always get the Emperors of those days jealous.In fact, one quote of the Emperor was he couldn't understand how the people of Vercelli loved Eusebius so much without having seen his face. He was credited with bringing the monastic way of life even though he lived in the bustling city. He was big on prayer, meditation and fasting. He was an intellectual and authenticated papers exist today to read about his beliefs. He did not bow down to being politically expedient which lead to his exile for 10 years, living in Palestine. He emphasized that "we live in this world but we are not of this world" and we should consider ourselves citizens of Heaven. I am sure that remark didn't set well with the Emperor! I saw his humanity shining through what I researched. A kind, gentle soul. My kind of guy!

I haven't exercised in two weeks. My head is stuffed up and my ears ache. Tomorrow, I crack the whip and I am putting my "game face" back on.

Inspired by some recent articles I have read, I have decided to spearhead a "Spontaneous Movement" Challenge with my BLC Buddies. I have discovered that there are those people who really get the whole moving thing and those who just want to count calories, cross their fingers and hope for the best. Well, we all know how important it is to "move". So, I have been spending my spare time in constructing a challenge that will invoke others to move more throughout their day. I am offering cash prizes(I'm that serious about wanting to see some of these folks get movin' as part of their healthy lifestyle) for those who really grab the ring and run with it. Anyone here who would like to participate from this side of the fence is more than welcome to. No, you do not need to join BLC. I can give you the daily "movement" tips and you can do it on your own.

I will catch up with all of you this week.

Pam
Old 09-18-2011, 10:59 PM   #182  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Coaches!

I'm staying OP this week by making planning time, planning food, planning exercise....well ya'll get the picture. As I was scanning through all the booths at the Sheepdog National Finals trying to find a healthy choice, I had time to think while standing in the long lines. I wrote it down to remind me.

If I want to be healthy AND lose weight, I need to do the daily tasks which I have learned will make me successful. Healthy (SBD) approved foods in appropriate quantity combined with regular exercise are my keys to reaching my goals.

I wish I had more time, but I wanted to check in. Mom came over today so I'm doing double duty. I'm still OP with my P1 of SBD. I'm feeling good. When I stick to my clean eating I have lots of extra energy...funny I can't remember that when I'm reaching for something "not so good".
Old 09-18-2011, 11:42 PM   #183  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

I haven't exercised in days. I can't remember the last time I went this long without exercise. I'll do something tomorrow. Maybe not much, but something. It can't wait until I feel better because it's getting to the point where lack of exercise is causing some of the not feeling good.

WI: -0.35kgs, Exercise: +0 400/1300 minutes for September, Food: 90%op, Read my Advantages and Responses: yes

BillBlueEyes: Porgy and Bess is a favorite of mine. I've seen it twice at the Muny, St. Louis' big outdoor summer theater and it always works really well in that venue.

Beverlyjoy: I have a low sodium "trick" that someone told me years ago. We tend to cut out spicy foods with sodium but it's not necessary, especially if made at home. After she said that, I realized I'd done exactly that. Carrot sticks in low-sodium salsa can be quite a treat if you've been skipping out on spicy stuff recently. We're having chili tonight for the first time in the fall season (it rained here all day so it feels appropriate). Ours is vegetarian, spicy, and smoky, but low sodium.

va1erie: hope you're feeling better soon.

pamatga: I had that problem with Firefox, too. Switched to Google Chrome and things are behaving normally again.

Lexxiss: great use of long lines!

Last edited by gardenerjoy; 09-18-2011 at 11:42 PM.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:37 AM   #184  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Thumbs up Monday

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Good enough eating day, CREDIT moi, although I fell for a homemade brownie in the morning - Ouch. Thanks to Trader Joe's for a $6.99 frozen dinner: pork with plantains and a mess of black beans with rice. DW added broccoli and salad for a good meal.

onebyone - Any day with a visit to the farmer's market is a good day.

Joy (gardenerjoy) – Thanks for the reminder that exercise isn't to be postponed until we feel better - exercise makes us feel better. [St. Louis always seems to have such neat cultural stuff going on.]

Beverlyjoy – One way to fight food boredom is to visit Penzeys spices (website or store) and try something new. We can't get out of their store without a bag of new stuff. Selling alternatives to salt is big for them (http://www.penzeys.com/cgi-bin/penzeys/shophome.html).

Debbie (Lexxiss) - Love it, "planning time, planning food, planning exercise" - now I've just got to remember to do all of those.

Pam (pamatga) – Kudos for your "Spontaneous Movement" Challenge - right in sync with the current daily reading. Thanks for the summary of the life of St. Eusebius - doesn't sound like a good idea to make the emperor jealous.

Val (va1erie) - Kudos for a small piece of naan - that stuff is soooo good. As well as Kudos for 14,000 steps.

Readers -
Quote:
chapter 4
Stage 1 The Success Skills Plan

Success Skill 5 Get Moving

what to do . . .
. . .
5. Get as much spontaneous exercise as you can. Walk into the bank rather than using the drive-through. Park as far from the entrance of a building as you can. Take a flight of stairs rather than an escalator or elevator. Do a power walk around your building, inside or out, at lunch. Do a circuit of the mall or supermarket before you start shopping. Every little bit helps.
. . .
Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Complete Beck Diet for Life (Green book), pg. 70.

Last edited by BillBlueEyes; 09-20-2011 at 04:54 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 09-19-2011, 10:23 AM   #185  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile

onebyone - Did you ever get to your fitness center that had the free passes? I was wondering how that turned out.

gardenerjoy – I missed exercise while I was sick and since I am also allergic to antibiotics, I had to bide my time until I felt well enough to start in again. I have just finished my first 10 minutes on the treadmill and once the ice melts in the bag on my left knee I am going back at it again. It feels good to be back in charge again.

Beverlyjoy
– I hear you about the food boredom. I am constantly looking for ways to pump up the taste volume. My latest is minced garlic and just a little healthy oil added to steamed vegetables. Wow! That makes any green "pop"!

BILL Thanks for the tip on salt free alternatives. I have already ordered their catalog and plan to scope out their site after writing this.Most food is bland until the seasonings are added, then watch out!

Lexxiss - It really is all about taking charge of one's life, isn't it?

va1erie
- I have "step" envy!! on all those steps to a healthier you. Someday, again. I miss being able to head out the door into the wide open space.

Well, as I alluded before, I am finally at a place where I can "begin again". I really had to sit still and be patient while I waited for my body to respond to some nutritional supplements (which it did) and get me back to where I can pick up where I left off.

Considering that in the past being sick like that used to take me down for nearly two months (last time was in winter 2010), I feel very pleased that all of the changes that I have been making in the past year are paying off in a big way. My husband was impressed anyway.

I have a lot planned to do today. I have already walked 10 minutes on the treadmill. Icing my left knee and sitting on a heating pad for my tight right hamstring. I plan to get back on shortly.

Nothing else happening here...yet. I have a few loose ends I need to tidy up regarding studying for some exams I have been postponing for 5 months (deadline is December) and revising my resume (blah!) and checking into some art/design schools (DH is very supportive! feels weird that he is all things considering) and just life stuff in general.

Have a good day, all.

Pam

Last edited by pamatga; 09-19-2011 at 10:24 AM.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:23 AM   #186  
Made of Starstuff

Morning, everyone!

I'm not very proud of my day yesterday. I ate a lot when I didn't really need to, and it wasn't a hunger thing. I simply felt like a bottomless pit. That coupled with TV just.... it wasn't a good combination. The good news is that I did make myself take a walk last night even though I didn't feel like it. I was very glad afterwards that I did some movement.

A note that my "worst" day in a long time pales in comparison to my worst eating days ever. I stopped myself before going over my weekly points, whereas before I had nothing to stop me.

But, I've got to move along.... can't dwell on it. I'm going over my food plans for today to make sure they're reasonable. Plus, I've got to finish planning for the rest of the week. That'll be good to get my head back in the game.

I'm also moving into Day 15 today, which is simply... monitor what I eat. I already do this rather thoroughly through tracking, but it's a good reminder. And, as always, a good practice to continue.

Keeping my ARCs close at hand today!

Have a great one, all!
Old 09-19-2011, 10:27 AM   #187  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi friends... yesterday was a healthy day. Grateful to hop back on my plan and not give myself any permission to continue to eat unplanned, unhealthy food.

I did figure out some ways to switch my menu up a bit. I can have from 1500mg - 2000mg of salt each day. I should give myself actual permission to get close to that higher number once in a while. However, I do want my blood pressure to go down.... I am borderline high. I got some low carb, high fiber wraps, more beans (no salt addes), different veggies than usual. and more.

Tonight is the annual Dancing with the Stars kickoff gathering with a family on my street. It started when there little girl was in preschool and loved dancing. She is in fourth grade... still the tradition continues Their older duaghter was my 'roadie' for several summers.. It will be the last time, however, as they are moving to Idaho in October. (boo hoo) I have strawberries and no salt pretzels. They always bring some sweets and a pepperoni twisty thing (way too much salt)

Yesterday I planned/measured/logged/tracker my food, always left a bit, had lots of water, tried to slow down & TASTE the food. I got up today and did my stretches and strengthening exercises and got my daily journal ready.

Billbe - thanks for the link... yes, spices are helpful. I like frozen dinner too, once in a while. However, it's that darn salt. Sounds great long with DW's additions. Carry on!

gardenerjoy - such a good reminder about keeping in the flavor with some spicy things. (mild spicy for me.) I hope you are feeling well enough to get in your much missed exercises. Credit for still reading your cards!!

Lexxiss/debbie - major credit for all of your planning. You hit the nail on the head with saying it's your planning that gets you through - along with using the Beck principles. Such a good reminder for us all. I hope your soon can slow down a bit.

pam - your Sponaneous Exercise challenge sounds right on target. Wonderful!

valerie - hope you feel better soon. Kudo's for making such good choices at the Indian Restaurant!

onebyone - credit for your plan to write it all down. It always helps.

tazzy - the chocolate rosebuds are over and done. Hop back on your plan and you'll be fine. Credit for not eating samples at Cosco.

mary ann (Bo Jackson) - glad you got a positve response from your advior. Italian sausage and chicpeas sound like delicious combo.

lovely - credit for going to the sugar seminar.... such a good reminder and reinforcement.

Have a great day, friends.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:45 AM   #188  
Maintaining

S/C/G: 140/112/117

Height: 5'2"

Report: didn't read my cards, weighed (down 1.2), got very little exercise, ate slowly and mindfully and left a bite but did have a wine-induced snackfest -- those damned mini-pretzels dipped in peanut butter again. Contacted my diet buddy.

pamatga -- very cool on the Spontaneous Movement challenge! I'd love to hear the details!

Debbie -- Write yourself an ARC to remind yourself: "I'll have more energy when I stick to clean eating."

gardenerjoy -- it's a vicious cycle, isn't it? One day you don't feel up to snuff so you don't exercise...and that leads you to feeling even LESS up to snuff the next day!

BBE -- LOVE plantains! Unfortunately the way I love them best is as chips!

Lovely -- Yay, you, for staying within your points (and tracking) even on a 'bad' day. THAT's how it's done!

Beverlyjoy -- sometimes I treat a frozen dinner as if it were a processed sauce for fresh veggies. Take a Lean Cuisine Chicken Margherita, 300 cals, 660 mg sodium. Since it contains tomatoes, bell peppers, and spinach, that means the flavor profile is right for those veggies. So I chop a couple of tomatoes (or use a small can of diced tomatoes or Rotel), chop a red and a green bell pepper, chop some baby spinach, and saute it all up in a t of olive oil or a bit of broth. Add the (thawed) Lean Cuisine Chicken Margherita, mix thoroughly, add a bit of broth if it's become too thick, and heat through. It's like doubling the size of the entree for (roughly) the same calories and salt.

Val
Old 09-19-2011, 04:58 PM   #189  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Thumbs up Monday

Hello Coaches

Amazing what a new gadget will do for a gal... I'm *really* enjoying the dietpower thingy I downloaded. It has a feature where it keeps track of the calories I ate earlier in the week and it factors in what I am doing today and how that affects the whole average over time. It means that I can go over calories one day and under the next and then I can even it out--instead of seeing I am under one day and I think *oh that's great* and then over calories the next day and I think *forget it--you'll never do this*. It just irons out the extreme thinking for me, and that's making em moderate my food intake which is really interesting. I guess cause I see the math right there inf ront of me. All is NEVER lost! It's helping me set goals again and making it fun to try to reach them. I sense a real long-term tool here for me. I've only ben using it for 4 days and I am totally hooked.

Tonight we are going to high end restaurant. I have a Groupon coupon for it so that will help. I am SOOOOOO looking forward to this night out! I got a haircut today and lucked into a great hairstylist who understood my hair. She did a great job. And then I actually found a new top at Winners. I rarely find anything that fits let alone that I like--nevermind a good price. This was all three! So exciting! And yesterday we ended up on a studio tour and I bought to pairs of wild glass earrings. I plan to wear the really flashy ones tonight. For the first time, in a long long time, I am starting to feel like my old self. It's a great feeling. I'm going to try to hang onto it.

*credits: weighing in (-2.0lbs); tracking all my food and trying to stay within the guidelines for me; working in spontaneous exercise; no seconds; still working through my 4 Day Win fodplan/book.

Last edited by onebyone; 09-19-2011 at 05:02 PM.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:05 PM   #190  

S/C/G: 194.8/169.6/155

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everyone,

Well my rosebud chocolates seemed to continue for the remainder of the weekend and the only meals I tracked were breakfast. But it's over and time to move on. The scale was up this morning and I was not surprised at all.

I'm giving myself credit for riding my bike to Zumba class yesterday. So in addition to the 60 minutes of high intensity cardio I had 35 more minutes of biking and it's all uphill coming home. Then I worked in the garden for about 30 minutes pulling out the plants that have finished their season. My legs are really feeling it today.

Looking forward to this week being over and my co-worker coming back from her 3 week vacation. I'm really starting to feel tired at work and it's draining what little energy I seem to have. I slept 10 hours every night since Friday and feel like I could crawl into bed now and sleep right through. I have not opened my Beck book since Friday and only read my cards for the first time today. I want to go back to about day 30 or so and re-read it as I think I was skimming through those days too quickly.

Short note tonight and will get back for personals in the next few days. Credit to everyone's successes and staying on plan.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:24 PM   #191  

S/C/G: 173/181/ 165

Height: 5'6

Good Evening, Coaches,

We had a terrific trip to SF, Saw the powerful Picasso exhibit, explored Golden Gate Park. We all felt happy just to BE with each other. Tired this morning. Food was pretty darn good - Op until the last of 4 meals eaten out. Then I had a moderates dessert. Still, as always, up 2 pounds - salt from restaurant food.So here I go again this week to get back down. OP Today. Lunch packed for tomorrow. Making some head way on catching up to my exercise goal average of 30 mins a day. Tomorrow I have another dinner out but I am planning soup and salad.
onebyone: Can't beat a new toy and a great haircut. I am happy for you.
BBE: Hey, how's the gym. You haven't talked about bench presses (or is it pressi) in a while
Lovely: welcome back from the rosebuds. Sometimes a dose of liquid soap helps.
valerie: ouch for the snack fest but you still seem to be losing.
Beverleyjoy: enjoy dancing with the stars. Credit for Strawberries and pretzels. Cooking light has the sodium listed for all recipes and I think you can screen online for salt.

Last edited by maryann; 09-19-2011 at 10:24 PM.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:56 PM   #192  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Coaches!

It was a good day which included exercise and staying OP with healthy and appropriately portioned foods. For spontaneous exercise, I remembered and revisited a spot on a bike trail where I had found about 10 plum trees. They were a week riper and I picked at least 10 pounds. It was fun and healthy. I'll freeze them for winter smoothies.

BillBlueEyes, I love those "good enough eating days". credit.

Val(va1erie), thanks for the ARC suggestion. I have written it down. Yay for eating slowly and mindfully. It really matters.

Lovely, even if you ate more yesterday, you identified it as non hunger which is progress.

maryann, thanks for trusting us with your family stories...very touching, and not the way I was raised either. I love your line; "I am in on healthy living and healthy living means healthy food". I'm focusing on that idea, too.

onebyone, great! that you are enjoying your new way of tracking! It helps me so much, too. It's easy AND educational. I think anything we can find that puts a "fun" into our process is such a bonus. credit for your persistence and have fun tonight.

Tazzy, credit for a great day of mixed exercise yesterday! I've been reading in my book more and it sure helps me to stay focused.

Beverlyjoy, your menu switching up sounds realistic. credit for recognizing you needed to do that. Have fun at your party tonight. You have set yourself up for success.

Pam(atga), good to hear you are back in charge of your exercise again! Oh, and your challenge sounds interesting and fun.

gardenerjoy, I find Dr. Beck's 10 minute NO CHOICE for exercise really helps. Instead of "not remembering the last time"...I instead can have the experience in a small dose every day, which keeps it in the front of my mind, even when I'm super busy.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 09-20-2011 at 05:07 AM.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:24 AM   #193  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Thumbs up Tuesday

Diet Coaches/Buddies - OK eating, CREDIT moi, except for too much of my DW's trail mix for afternoon snack. Only had a quarter of a loaf of naan at dinner last night; exercise was walking to the Indian restaurant.

onebyone - Such a happy thought that you're all decked out for a night out with your DH. Hope it went well.

Beverlyjoy – Just love your dancing with the stars tradition.

Debbie (Lexxiss) - Yay for being out on a bike trail. Love the notion of 10 pounds of wild plums.

maryann - Wish we had San Francisco within driving distance - I love Golden Gate park. [The gym, with bench "pressi" has been ignored as I've fallen into the pit of this renovation. I need to get back on track.]

Pam (pamatga) – Bon Voyage as you "begin again."

Tazzy - Oh Yes, Zumba plus biking is real Kudos.

Lovely – Yep, "I've got to move along.... can't dwell on it."

Val (va1erie) - Kudos for leaving a bite behind; Ouch for the attack of mini-pretzels.

Readers -
Quote:
chapter 4
Stage 1 The Success Skills Plan

Success Skill 5 Get Moving

what to do . . .
. . .
6. Make exercise as convenient and enjoyable as possible. Keep an extra pair of sneakers in the trunk of your car. Change into your gym clothes before you leave work. Pack your gym bag again as soon as you empty it. Ask a friend to walk with you or listen to music or books on CD. Invest in a small TV to put in front of a treadmill or exercise bike.

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Complete Beck Diet for Life (Green book), pg. 70.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:27 AM   #194  
Maintaining

S/C/G: 140/112/117

Height: 5'2"

report: read my cards, weighed (up 1.4), ate slowly, mindfully, left a bite. Got planned (class) plus a moderate amount of spontaneous exercise (8233 on my ped), contacted my diet buddy.

onebyone -- Yay on moderating the extreme thinking!

Tazzy -- Yay for all that exercise!

maryann -- I'm not really trying to lose any more -- just to maintain, which is in my experience harder! My weight chart goes up and down between 0 and 2 every day!

Debbie -- cool on all the plums!

BBE -- Did I get you craving Indian?

Have a great on plan day, all!

Val
Old 09-20-2011, 01:42 PM   #195  
Simply Filling Technique

GM fellow Beckies!

Beckster Buddies - Yesterday was OP. I feel fortunate that I got a great bag of Gala apples and I had two because one was just not enough. They were that good! Made Indian for dinner (around 1 p.m. for me-I like to eat my big meal in the middle of the day). Got back on treadmill!! "I'm back!"

va1erie - Actually, I have a favorite mini pretzel that has just enough crunch-factor and salt to satisfy me way more than eating potato chips ever did. That is one of my "near healthy" snacks.

Lovely
– "hand to the plow". It bugged me that I was sick and everything "seemed" to unravel (didn't eat anything but carbs, carbs and more carbs), didn't move except from sofa to bed and back, and mental state was "blue" BUT once healed, I am back in the saddle. I decided that although I hate when illness (or anything) throws me off my carefully planned course I have been on I kept reminding myself, "this too shall pass" and guess what, IT DID!!

Tazzy - The girl bikes to her Zumba class and back! Up hills besides! How does she do it??? Great Job!! Major Credit.

maryann - Your day trips always sound so lovely. I would like San Francisco except the hills. I just don't do hills well any more. (sigh) maybe someday.

Lexxiss Another state with lots of hills but there was a time (1992) when I hiked to 15,000 ft straight up the side of one of those "hills" in Glacier National Park so "someday" (once again )

Beverlyjoy
– I hate to admit I am a late-comer to DWTS (they said it had been on 13 years!) but I wanted to see some of the new faces on there and vote for them. I can already see who are going to the semi-finals. I took dance for 7 years. I was busy watching feet and positions.

Bev
, are you the one who is struggling with sodium?? How are you with caffeine? I stopped drinking caffeine back in 2006 when I had pneumonia (I can't stand the taste of diet anything when I am sick). My borderline high B/P[160/95] dropped down to 106/70 where it has stayed for 5 years. When I saw the correlation (I changed nothing else at the time) I made a mandate that I would avoid frequent ingestion of caffeine.

Now, remember caffeine is in a lot of OTC cold medicines, many pain relievers[including aspirin and NSAIDS] and also (boo hoo) chocolate!! Remember caffeine is a stimulant and one of the first things most heart doctors tell their patients is to switch to de-caf coffee or tea. I can actually feel my heart beat faster when I have had too much caffeinated "anything". It is possible (I wouldn't rule it out) that you have an underlying caffeine-induced B/P.

So, besides restaurant food, frozen dinners and canned "anything"; I would check into what your medications are and anything else that may be non-food you are ingesting. It just might be that there are other things not specifically in your diet that are contributing to your sodium intake that you may or may not be able to eliminate. For ex: I take Aleve daily as a base drug maintenance for my arthritis (naproxen sodium) and two tiny pills are 400 mg sodium so I also have to take that into consideration when adding up my sodium for the day.

Here are three ingredients that I have been using a lot lately to make basic dishes really "pop": minced garlic, strong black pepper and an oil (based on the meat or vegetable I am cooking) [I have a nice "collection" of different flavored oils too]. I downloaded the Penzey's catalog yesterday, Bill, and again reacquainting myself with a lot of the seasonings other cultures use (especially anything south of the equator) will help you with flavor but not add the sodium. The Island (Carribean) style of cooking is very popular here in Atlanta. I wasn't sure if I would like it but once I tried a few dishes on my own, I was "hooked". I have made some awesome meals: like pineapple chipolte mahi mahi. They blend spicy with sweet in their fish dishes and it makes for a really wonderful taste.

I'm on the same journey since I know I eat way too much sodium. However, I have to eat over 4000 mg sodium before it shows up in weight gain. And, to make my B/P rise significantly I have to eat more than 5000 mg sodium. I do want to note that I drink, on average, 80 oz of non-caloric fluids per day. My pee is clear by 7 p.m. at night. So, I am constantly flushing out my body of any sodium. Again, this is why I am wondering if you have checked out whether caffeine is another factor in your B/P issues.

However, I will say this: IF you/I are willing to explore some different ways of cooking. I am certain that we can find ways to eat delicious and tasty food without needing the salt shaker. So I will continue to share what I like, what works (what doesn't) etc. as I hope that you will as well.

onebyone
- You sound so happy!! That is nice to hear. Yes, planning, planning and then more planning will help calm your fears. One of the best quotes I ever read was from a WW instructor who said (paraphrase): "In one week's time, you have the opportunity to eat 21 meals. If you blow one, remember you still had 20 good ones." Once you start seeing the "relative relations" between going "off plan" and being "on plan", you will relax and bumps in the road won't throw you as much. (see my explanation of how this time with my cold was handled)

Stats for 9/19
-finally I am back on board!
**1843 calories 29 g fiber 1973 mg sodium
**walked 4800 steps [by my pedometer]
**did 3-10 minute sessions on the treadmill. Walked between 1.5-1.8 mph (did interval walking for max burn)
***resumed upper body strength exercises with 5 lb hand wts.
*F/V-2 whole apples, raisins, 2 c broccoli spears, lite cranberry juice

Readers -

Last edited by pamatga; 09-20-2011 at 01:52 PM.
Closed Thread