Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 11:30 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 194.8/169.6/155

Height: 5'4"

Default Happy Saturday!

Good morning Coaches & Buddies!

I missed my check in yesterday as I had planned to do it last night but our neighbors came over to invite us for drinks for one of their birthdays. I passed on the drinks and we left before the cake! Credit to me for both. We have a BBQ tonight and I am already preparing my day to accommodate for that so didn't need any extra calories last night.

Weighed today and am so excited as I am down another 1.4, that makes a total of 9 pounds since I started Beck on August 01. It's quite appropriate that yesterday's task was Believe It, as I think I just might be. I know I have skimmed over some of the daily tasks but am doing my best on ones like eating sitting down, leave a bite, notice hunger, reading my cards and reciting in my head the ones I need to (hunger is not an emergency - that one repeats a lot). I was up early (5:30am) as that's when I went to the bathroom and weighed and was too excited to go back to sleep. Deciding if I should take out my bike or go for a walk this morning. They are now repaving our street so walking might be safer!

pamatga I laughed so hard when I read your line about the big black bear nailing the salmon. It was the funniest thing I saw yesterday. Thanks for that! Hope you succeeded in cutting your pineapple without hurting yourself.

maryann Credit for catching up on exercise on the weekend.

MaryContary Credit for recognizing that you need to find balance and acknowledging the success you have already found!

onebyone I can totally relate to the Wii and the TV screen with the BMI. After my loss this week I have moved from obese to overweight and it really does add some encouragement. Keep at it and credit for giving yourself a goal by Oct 08. That's on our Thanksgiving weekend, it will be a good thing to be thankful for.

michi702 Credit for planning ahead before your trip to Trader Joes. We don't have those in Canada and I don't know what kind of a retail store it is.

eusebius Big credit for recognizing that eating at the computer is not a good strategy. I always think right after dinner that I need something sweet, many times I'll just head to the drawer where I keep the sugar free gum and go with that. I love the Extra Dessert choices - mint chocolate chip is my favourite, but being we cannot buy it in Canada I use in sparingly unless I know someone going to the States that can replenish my supply.

lovely Credit for walking even when you didn't want to. I read a book once and the author said she would make herself drive to the gym and even if she sat in her car it was a good first step. She found that once she was there she thought she might as well go in and even just stand on the treadmill. And again figured while standing there she might as well just turn it on. I think for me it's the getting going that hardest, once I'm doing something I actually do enjoy it.

missyj Big credit for leaving food on your plate and not eating all the pizza. I'm with BBE on you actually leaving croutons! I'm planning to do the same at the BBQ tonight.

BBE Major credit for resisting rolls, rice, liquid calories, and baklava.

beverlyjoy Credit for resisting the candy bowls (just think of all the germ covered hands that have been in there before) and using the time while waiting to review your Beck stuff.

frankie I think I missed welcoming you, hope your book comes soon.

gardenerjoy Credit on your hot tub "water" drop.

Lexxiss Credit for avoiding off plan snacks and going to bed early.

SuperChick Hope you had a great weekend.

See everyone tomorrow!
Old 09-10-2011, 12:14 PM   #107  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile

Thumbs are all there after cutting up the pineapple. The fresh pineapple was so ripe that everything went smoothly. I was very pleased at the healthy assortment of foods at this "typical" church function. We kick off our "new year" with a potluck. There was chicken, a few hot dishes, lots of fresh garden salads with tomatoes and other vegetables, three containers of fresh fruit (mine had no sugar added!!) and desserts. What also "thrilled my heart" was that almost all of the desserts were left untouched [except for one person who had a piece of chocolate cake] so our Bible study leader said she was going to offer that to another group that was setting up a meeting right after ours. I had saved up the majority of my calories for this meal and I arrived very hungry but since I don't have trouble with the slow, mindful eating, it was just an all around pleasurable experience.

I would have gotten seconds but I just feel so self-conscious eating in front of people who are "normal sized" (although there is one other larger person than myself). I am sure I will feel this way until I too am "normal sized". I have a tendency to judge myself and tell myself that no matter how hungry I may feel that eating more than a small serving of any one thing is still overeating by most people's standards and "how dare I?" I am always thinking that others are thinking to themselves "like she needs that second helping". The one person who had the only piece of dessert (among 40 people) asked me if I made the chocolate cake and I said that I brought the fresh fruit that he was also eating. He was noticely embarassed. I had to wonder, was there some "assumptions" going on with that remark?

I didn't have any dessert (homemade fudge from the other heavy person---see how easily it is to make that kind of assumption??) until we were all packing up and getting ready to go. A couple of the single people just loaded up on as much as they could carry of the leftovers. It was kind of comical because the person who brought the chicken asked me if I wanted it so I found a baggie and it was near my fresh fruit along with some nacho chips I was really looking forward to eating when I got home(I haven't had one in a couple of years and it was so tasty that I thought I would really like to snack on the leftovers when I got home---secretly--ah, yes, one of my old closet habits) and one of the single guys whisked it away as I was listening to one woman give the "Moby Dick-version" of her recent gall bladder surgery. I just had to laugh. We all know each other so well by now that I just shrugged and said "Oh, well.." maybe next year.

I will admit that it is times like this when I really miss the way I used to eat. When you just ate what looks enticing instead of stepping back and going through a mental process of "well, is this good for me, how many calories is this, is this a single serving, is this going to hurt my weight lose this week, blah, blah, blah." In some ways, those were "carefree" days. No, correction, they were "mindless" days. All of this scrunity sure makes a person weary sometimes and also it is a real "party pooper" too.

We are studying a book about The Papacy. I am a convert of 16 years so I really don't know a lot about Popes. I am doing a report on one of the really early ones for next Friday. St. Eusebius. Here are some interesting facts I learned tonight: you do not have to be an ordained priest(at the time) to be the Pope. The Pope is also a Bishop and that is because he is the Bishop of St. John Lateran church there in Rome (not St. Peter like a lot of people think). There has been one lay person who was Pope, which I am also going to give a report on later. There are no explicit rules that Popes can't be married (many were right up to the 13th century) or be women although no one in current times has tested that and I doubt that they ever will. At one time in history (prior to the Dark Ages) you could even "buy" the Papacy Office. Sidenote: Martin Luther (who began the Reformation) was given the Office of Cardinal as a giftfor his 14th birthday. Not all Popes are saints although many saints became Pope.

Well, hope everyone has a great day. I am off to planting my fall/winter garden today (85 degrees here) and doing some Saturday errands.
Old 09-10-2011, 12:34 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi friends... yesterday was another healthy day. I completed many of my goals - I am grateful for it all and the willingness to try another day.

Last night DH was eating a popsycle. I thought... Oh that looks good. However, I hadn't planned for it so I talked myself out of it. Credit That is major for me. I always want whatever anyone has to eat.

My journaling is going well. I have even found some weight loss meditions and guided imagery on Youtube. Who knew?!? My cd player doesn't work anymore. There are some good ones and some not so good ones.

I have some soreness in my ankle today, so I am resting & icing it. I want it to get better because I want to go visit my GS.

Lexxiss/Debbie - credit for staying away from Dh’s snacks. It is very challenging to be face with snacky things. Many kudo’s. Hope you catch up on your rest.

Billbe - yes, indeed - those festivals are so challenging. (Greek food is yum) Credit for taking some home instead of eating it all in one night.

Gardener/joy - we like weight loss any time it comes… even from a hot tub.

Missyj - credit for leaving the crutons and garlic bread! Bravo to the NO CHOICE mantra - leaving pizza on your plate is major.

Onebyone - glad you started back up on 4Day Win. Learning to relax is a good skill to have. Happy dance for your weight loss that puts you into the 270’s.

Pamatla - your husband’s comment: "Well, just eat less than." Is it like you said… Oh yeah… I forgot to eat less???!!! LOL. If only it was that easy to ‘just eat less’. You DH’s comment made me laugh. I love your idea of the woods, thinking, prayers, etc at your morning snack time. As for you question on how often to eat… I think we all pick what works best for us. In Dr. Beck’s first book we pick any healthy food plan with a spare. So, why not use three meals a day, if that is what works.

Mary contrary - yes I can see your post. You said - But I will NOT sabotage my health, my balance, my profession. I will continue to focus and work hard. I will accept my blessings, acknowledge my successes, and move forward, forward, forward. That says so much… they are wonderful goals, indeed.

Michi - yes, take the time you need to work on different things in the Beck book. Happy Dance for you deserved weight loss!! I love Trader Joes!

Maryann - so glad you got your package off and you are aiming to focus on your catching up. So glad most of the camping weight is gone. Kudos. Yes… forgiveness. I am working on that too… they say: Forgiveness can set you free.

Lovely - yes, indeed.. You deserve credit for exercising when you really didn’t want to! I think Dr. Beck’s anti craving techniques are so important and helpful. I write down an abbreviated version of them every day in my journal. (ISNIR and the 6D’s)

Valerie - I too struggle with slowing down. Somewhere - maybe in Dr. B’s third book I read to mentally count to ten when you are done with a bite to help slow down. I have a Beck friend who may take a day to wait 30 seconds between taking a bite and having another. Lately, I’ve been trying to wait 2 minutes in the middle of the meal - for a break in eating. You can see, I am working on it a lot.

Erika - kudos for realizing that eating in front of the computer is not helpful to the cause. Your OA action plan sounds very good. Carry on!

Tizzy - Credit for getting in your exercise and spontaneous exercise! Glad to hear you are using your resistance techniques, no choice, etc to stay with your plan.

I hope I’ve caught up a bit on personals.

Have a great day, friends.
Old 09-10-2011, 12:35 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 173/178/ 165

Height: 5'6

Good Morning: Op until dinner, then I decided to have an extra dinner - the food DS left on his plate. Drat! Still holding anxiety but living life as if iwasn't there. Still managed to enjoy DH and DS. Credit for body combat. Credit for getting some sleep.
More tomorrow.
Mary Ann
Old 09-10-2011, 03:10 PM   #110  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Exclamation not sure

Hi Coaches

It's mid afternoon now, Saturday. I've not done a thing this morning except make breakfast and weigh myself (*credit but saw +2.6 = 280.something again O well.) I'm mostly surfing and watching the tv. I think I need to get outside. I'd love to go for a long drive, one of my favorite things to do, but can't as we have to save our gas for the work week.

My food cravings/compulsions have been out in full force since Tuesday, when I completed my last exercise from my book. Since then I have been in turmoil over just what foodplan am I following anyway?? I don' seem to be on any defined plan at all. Just all floaty and my up and down weight readins for the week reflect this very accurately--as does my compulsiveness. I just get a recurring pushy voice that says You Must Lose Weight Now and everyday that I am not "losing weight" that voice grows in strength and urgency. It ALL feels like an emergency. I think it's the fact that I am going to be out in the public alot in the next month: two studio tours to show my work, one appeaarance at the local mall to demo making ceramics to the public as well as just attend to our studio tour sneak peek display in the mall. My birthday's coming up, less than 2 months now....and the artist residency in Key West Florida is just getting closer day by day.

I feel like day by day I am "losing time" to get thin for that event. So many pictures will be taken; so many opportunites for promoting myself and my work... "it all would be so much better if I were thin" that voice says... you'll look better, move around easier, feel more confident, be more healthy...why am I not doing this already anyway?? And why don't I *BELIEVE* that the things I am doing are going to get me there slow and steady?

Wow, writing that stuff makes me feel like eating. *credit for noticing* Probably a great time to do Day 3 of 4 with the 10 minute time out relation/meditation exercise. I'm off to do that, see if it works to quiet the cravings/compulsions.

Have a good Saturday.
Old 09-10-2011, 04:52 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 216.4/217/175

Height: 5'5"

Default Getting down to writing.

Thanks to all for the kind words as I re-commit myself to this process. Today marks the second week in a row that I have worked out four days, credit moi plus, because of the ankle and the ear infection! I finally feel as if the exercise is getting back on track. For whatever reason, when that feels under control, I can better attend to eating issues, and life in general.

My plan of "write first" was thrown off track today, because I didn't have a car for escaping the house. I've pretty much given up on substantial work, especially writing, being accomplished at home. I am, therefore, a migrant writer. Credit moi for not laying in bed and watching TV (which I very much wanted to do) while I waited for a car to come home to me. Instead, I went ahead and worked out for the day.

Now I am ensconced in a Starbucks, preparing to write.

My personal response to you all is that you are an endless source of admiration and strength in my life. Thank you!

Onward with "experimentation, attentiveness, and patience"! Thanks, gardenerjoy!
Old 09-10-2011, 06:37 PM   #112  
Maintaining

S/C/G: 140/112/117

Height: 5'2"

Report: Didn't read my cards, weighed (down 1), ate slowly and mindfully, got planned (class) and a small amount of spontaneous (5830 on my ped) exercise, contacted my diet buddy!

Not much time today -- farmers' market this morning, then lunch with my daughter, and in a few minutes we leave for our annual neighborhood deck crawl -- so no time for callouts!

Val
Old 09-10-2011, 07:39 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/155

Height: 5'3"

Tazzy - Trader Joe's is a specialty food market that puts an emphasis on organic & all natural ingredients. It's very similar to a Whole Foods (I think they have those in Canada?). It's expensive for sure, but it's a nice way to treat yourself every so often. They make an unbelievably delicious 'reduced guilt' macaroni and cheese that's 270 calories for the size of a regular frozen meal I'm picky so I don't bother with any other mass market low calorie mac & cheese because they suck!

Today I had the day to myself, which was nice. The boyfriend was out of the house with his guy friends and will be back in a few hours. I am about to do laundry and attempt a lower calorie pumpkin bread. I did my hunger experiment today and it went well. I skipped breakfast and my morning snack and almost missed lunch because I was so engrossed in distraction I am going to re-read and go over Beck stuff while my pumpkin bread bakes and then I will probably turn in early because I have work in the morning. I'll let you all know how the bread turns out!

Last edited by Michi702; 09-10-2011 at 07:40 PM.
Old 09-11-2011, 05:03 AM   #114  
Made of Starstuff

Hi everyone!

I'm still working with Day 14. Each day I'm taking steps towards making a consistent food plan.

To start, it seemed like it'd be a pain and take forever. So I decided to do a few things to make it easier for me. So that it won't take more than 5 minutes to get a plan written.

The past couple of days what I did was I made lists of the usual foods I eat for lunches, dinners, and snacks. (I already had one made up a long time ago for what I eat for breakfasts.)

In general I can simply pick items off the pre-made lists of my usual foods and track them the night ahead of time.

When I think about everything in my kitchen, my mind just goes blank as to what I want, but if I have these lists in front of me, picking something will be much less stressful.

So, going to try that out and adjust as necessary. Still giving myself time to let the last two weeks of the program sink in.

Check list (for yesterday):

* Read A&RCs: Yes!
* Slow/Mindful eating: Half of yesterday.
* Credits: Many & often.
* Movement/Exercise: Got in good spontaneous movement, but yesterday was the first day in a long time that I didn't get in my planned exercise. Chalked it up to a much needed rest day and I'll be back up on the treadmill today.
* Tolerated hunger & cravings: No problems there yesterday.
* Wrote out a food plan: Taking measurable steps towards this end.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:59 AM   #115  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Sunday

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Those Greek stuffed grape leaves with egg lemon sauce were so good that I went back for a dozen to bring to a pot luck event. When I mentioned to DW that it seemed strange to be buying something so healthy from a line of women none of whom were thin, she laughed. Reality check! She told me that the wonderful flavor of that sauce wasn't just from the lemon - it starts as butter to make a roux. Ouch! I'll just take a CREDIT moi for appropriate sized portion and add some exercise for all that butter.

onebyone - Voices are Sabotaging Thoughts. One day at a time. One day at a time. One day at a time. One day at a time. One day at a time.

Beverlyjoy – Ouch for the soreness in your ankle. It's been a while since you've given us an update on your foot/ankle situation - how's it going?

Debbie (Lexxiss) - Kudos for "NO CHOICE" to all the snack food going down within sight.

MaryContrary - Kudos for accepting your status as "migrant writer" and moving forward.

maryann - Yay for the vision to enjoy your DH and DS right through anxiety.

Pam (pamatga) – Love it that the single people snarfed away all the leftovers. Interesting observation how easily it is to make assumptions about fat people and food.

Tazzy - Cool move to dodge drinks and cake both; Double Kudos.

Michi702 - A friend just recommended Barbara's oatmeal squares from Trader Joe's - I gotta get there to restock on pecans.

Lovely – There's power in an actually written food plan; Kudos for pursuing that.

Val (va1erie) - Your "neighborhood deck crawl" sounds both fun and scary food wise. Good journey.

Readers -
Quote:
chapter 4
Stage 1 The Success Skills Plan

Success Skill 5 Get Moving

Exercise is important in losing weight and keeping it off for these reasons:
. . .
It helps you control your appetite. Have you heard that exercise increases appetite? It's true that one isolated bout of exercise can make you hungry as your body attempts to replace the calories you just burned, but research shows that consistent exercise normalizes levels of specific fullness hormones, allowing them to more quickly trigger the sensation of fullness when you eat.
. . .

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Complete Beck Diet for Life (Green book), pg 69.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:12 AM   #116  
Maintaining

S/C/G: 140/112/117

Height: 5'2"

Report: Didn't read my cards, weighed (no change), ate slowly and mindfully and sitting down even though I attended a neighborhood deck crawl last night which included TONS of food AND lots of wine. We start at one family's house with appetizers that a third of the group has made, then move the food and the pickup full of drinks coolers to the next house where another third of the group has dropped off more appetizers and some desserts, then to a third house where the final third of the group has dropped off even more food. I had three glasses of wine and didn't touch any of the food even though it looked fantastic, yay me! It wasn't even hard. I really wanted not to be walking home tipsy and overfull, and I knew once I started trying things I'd keep eating. So I just didn't start. Got no planned but a ton of spontaneous exercise (14959 on my ped) working the farmers' market and then walking from house to house.

Lovely - re: considering not doing your exercise. For what it's worth, I recently woke up one morning later than usual (my class is MWF at 5:45, so I get up at 4:45 so I can weigh, have a cup of coffee and eat something if I'm feeling empty, and maybe do my checkin w/my diet buddy, then walk the 3/4 mile to class) and thought I wasn't going to be able to make it. I HATE being rushed. I very briefly considered not going, but even before the thought really got in my head I was already out of bed and getting my exercise clothes on, and I realized that not only did I hate the idea of missing class more than I hated the idea of being rushed, I actually WANTED to go to class. Somewhere along the line I'd morphed into someone who liked to exercise. This was a huge deal for me. I've always been someone who would rather starve than move. Big credit to you for exercising when you didn't feel like it, because I think that was one of the crucial steps in changing from someone who exercised because she knew she had to into someone who actually looks forward to it. If I hadn't pushed through those times when I didn't feel like doing it, I'm not sure that would have happened.

re: the overcoming cravings experiment: I, too, had no cravings when I tried this test. I had gotten a brownie a local chocolatier makes and set it in front of me. Smelled it. Had a glass of wine. Cut it in half and had my daughter sit right next to me eating it and telling me how good it was. Nada. I realized that the simple fact I KNEW I wasn't going to eat it meant I would have no cravings. THAT was a revelation -- it was just like Beck keeps saying: Once you've made the decision you won't eat something, there's no more conflict. "Cravings" are just a mind game your mouth is playing with your head.

maryann - OMG, I'm with you! I'm grateful my class is so early that no one in it expects anyone else to look as if they've done anything but roll out of bed! Sometimes I get home and look in the mirror and go "Eeek!"

Michi - I hear you! I felt overwhelmed by all the things I was supposed to be remembering, too, when I started reading Beck. I kept thinking I'd never remember everything! My daughter was learning to drive at the same time I was first going through Beck, and one day when we were out driving she was about to make a right turn without doing the complete check left, right, left again, and I reminded her. She burst into tears. "I'll never remember everything! There's too much to remember!" And I almost laughed, because I'd been thinking the same thing about Beck but of course it all becomes second nature eventually.

Mary - yes, I see your posts. And YEAH writing's painful. But: editing's MUCH easier. So just spew out any old thing. Spew out tripe, cr*p, bullsh*t. Once you see what's on the page, you can see what's wrong with it. LOL on using getting healthy as a procrastination technique! As long as you use that energy to form an actual long-term habit, maybe it doesn't matter what little corner of your brain the energy came from? Major credit for RECOGNIZING that this might be happening and using that recognition to see a sabotaging thought process.

pamatga - I had to laugh when I read that your dh doesn't like hot dishes. I thought, "He only eats cold or room temperature food?" Then I remembered "hot dish" can also mean casserole. But that's not southern-speak, is it? Are you originally from the Upper Midwest? Re: the double edged sword of mindful eating -- I have found that what used to look enticing now looks, well, kind of disgusting. I, um, try not to mention this to other people.

onebyone - I'd love to see some of your work. Do you have photos up online somewhere? I bought some tiny pottery bowls at the fm a few weeks ago (we have a couple of booth spaces we rotate local artisans/artists/crafters through) that are the perfect size for prep bowls for a mis en place. Oooh, rainboots...I might need those! God, my daughter will be so embarrassed. Re: "Running out of time" to get thin by a certain date/event: Are you using Beck at this point, or are you concentrating on your other program? I don't know if this would be counterindicated by the other program, but if you are using ARCs, maybe concentrate on all the reasons OTHER than this deadline that is causing you a lot of anxiety?

Beverlyjoy - I don't understand candy in doctors' offices, either. And all my nursing friends say the nurses' station or break room in any hospital ward is DEATH to dieters. What's up with that?

missyj - Yay, you, for resisting the final half-piece of pizza, especially after you'd been drinking! That's always a major issue for me. I can literally have my cards in my hand telling me I'll regret it tomorrow morning, but the wine in my head will be saying, "Yeah, but it'll taste good now." LOL on clarifying that you weren't eating three PERFECT meals when off plan. Regular mealtimes (or regular meal & snack times) is still a really good habit to be in, as opposed to nibbling and grazing which has been a nearly lifelong habit for me.

gardenerjoy - re: stopping eating in the car: Since changing this, have you had an experience where for whatever reason you -had- to eat in the car? Did you find the experience of eating in the car no longer measured up to the nostalgic feelings you had?

BBE - Yay, you, for skipping all the stuff you skipped. Given that (I'm assuming, here) you probably don't get homemade stuffed grape leaves with egg lemon sauce more than once a year when your local Greek Orthodox church has its festival, that seems like a reasonable set of choices! Re: my wine-induced snackfests: I actually don't even keep snacks in the house much -- pretzels & popcorn are about it -- but I've been known to go so far as to send one of the kids OUT FOR OREOS! Embarrassing to admit.

Lexxiss - Yay, you for not only saying NO CHOICE but for also observing.

Tazzy - Yay, you for skipping the drinks and cake! And did you have just as good a time spending time with your neighbors as you would have if you'd consumed the extra calories?

Have a great day, all!

Val
Old 09-11-2011, 10:49 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi friends/coaches/Becksters: I will start out with the positive. I followed my plan well yesterday until about 9pm. DH brought home two boxes of candy - I ate some Good & Plenty and Milk Duds and then dumped liquid dish soap and threw them in the trash. I have asked DH so many times not to bring home candy. Then I ate some graham crackers.

Eating unplanned junk food doesn't undo all the healthy things I did during the day. I refuse to say I was 'bad'. It is just some unhealthy choices. Before that I journalled, planned, read, ate healthfully, did my exercises, drank lots of water, took NO tastes standing up, tried to eat slower & mindfully, always left a bite, and had no seconds.

I have hopped back on my plan & will carry on.

Today we are going to husband's brother's for dinner. All I know is that she is fixing Italian with a salad. I plan to take just a very small portion and alot of salad. I am watching my sodium, so it's a good excuse as well as that I am trying to lose some weight.

Billbe - ah yes, the foot/ankle situation. I have been trying to use the new brace and, so far, it has not been successful. All this foot ankle stuff should be history now. It's been quite a year. Not fair....oh well.

Have a great day friends. As always thanks for your support, comments and wisdom. You inspire me to have the willingness to keep trying.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:51 AM   #118  

S/C/G: 173/178/ 165

Height: 5'6

Good Morning,
Ouch for some emotional eating yesterday. But I headed off to the gym for 60mins. Lots of tension between DH and me. Harvest can be trying. Still, over last nite and today, we made lots of progress to peace without screaming and I didn't continue to eat. Credit. Ticker is up a Little this morning. Credit for these last months of maintaining weightloss. Credit for willingness to search for new answers to lose the last five pounds.
Marycontrary: I understand the writing business now. It is hard to write in your home. Keep on trudging as they say.
BBE: LOL about the lemon sauce and the fat. One of my favorite things is lemon bars. Too good to be true
onebyone: you were accepted into the art program for your talent not your appearance. Sometimes other people see more in us than we see in ourselves.
beverleyjoy: I was in the kitchen with you last nite searching for "something else. It is a baffling feeling.
valerie: credit for a crawl without as many calories.

Last edited by maryann; 09-11-2011 at 11:51 AM.
Old 09-11-2011, 02:18 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 216.4/217/175

Height: 5'5"

Post The writing grind.

Another late start to the day, but moving forward. Another Starbucks, this one my favorite because it doesn't try to freeze us out. Credit: bringing a few snacks to save money, eat healthy, and keep me going.

Last night I ate way too much crap while relaxing at Disneyland. But I made the choice to let myself graze and go off-plan, counting it as one of the 2-3 days a month I let myself splurge and then get instantly back on track.

Goals for the day:

* get out a solid draft of my abstract for the job market
* get out a solid draft of my letter for the job market
* exercise
* eat every 2 hours to keep up my energy
* organize myself for Monday

Happy Sunday to you all!
Old 09-11-2011, 03:02 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 194.8/169.6/155

Height: 5'4"

Hello Everyone,

I am very happy with my eating/drinking at the BBQ last night. I have to admit I did have some of the nacho chips standing by the buffet table then walked away from it. Only ate 1/2 the burger I had (it was way too big to start with) and filled my plate prior with salad (of which my friend hosting the BBQ got the majority of ingredients from my garden). Had a couple of small pieces of a rhubarb coffee cake that I took to the party. Left the rest with the hostess and told her it freezes well.

It was a very long day yesterday with my 5:30am wake up and getting home at 11:15pm. Went to Zumba this morning but was dragging a bit. I think I'm going to go and have a nap now as that's what my body feels like it needs.

Hope everyone's weekend was OP.
Closed Thread