Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2002, 09:05 AM   #211  

Hi Kat,

My mistake, I'm still stuck here in the dark ages!! A stone is 14 pounds. Boulders- Lol! You and me both

Jin x
Old 10-03-2002, 09:22 AM   #212  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

at Jin X. I'm Canadian and so is Ellis so we sort of understand the stone/pebble/boulder stuff. Sometimes when I am feeling fat, I switch my scale to metric so I can weigh under 100. Maybe I should switch to stones?

The chocolate is still intact - I think I may make it through the day!
Old 10-03-2002, 01:10 PM   #213  

Height: 5'-2"

Jinx hon, we've been bored plenty worse than that, believe me! I've got a 13 year-old daughter. They DO get busy at that age, don't they.
What do you (or should I say DON'T) do for exercise? Can we get you motivated?

Ruth, I'm slow... I just made the connection between the chocolate and the dog. That WAS the reasoning behind the choice of name, right?
NOW LOOK!! Why the **** do you have chocolate in the house anyhow?! Throw it out! If you think it's a waste, then come on.... you know better. And don't think you're going to save it for when you're slim... you can buy more later...

Kat, you're funny.

Ruth, isn't it time you switched over to powdered milk? You know that's all you're getting when you come to MY house!

Soozie, you must be so excited about your trip!

Terrigrrrl, I'll let you know what buff is when I find out.
And that thing about friends and partners? I know what you mean. I'm blessed with the best husband who's also my best friend, but we leave lots of room for our other good friends. If my good girlfriends need me, I'm there for them! (and yes, I've rid myself of all the loser friends who've done nothing but dump on me and use me. I've kept the friends who care as much about me as I care for them. Even if we don't have a lot in common, it's not easy finding a friend who genuinely loves you!)

hugs to all my wonderful friends on Alternachicks!
Old 10-03-2002, 02:03 PM   #214  
Soon to be Sex Symbol!

Good Day Ladies,

First of all I'd like to say Hi and Welcome in Jinx!

This week is one big write off for me. It started off good on Monday, with me going to the gym. But I haven't been back. I've got my period this week and I'm eating everything in sight! Not junk food....the other stuff. I've decided that tomorrow morning that I'm going to go to they gym after my dd gets off to school. Enough is enough!

Ruth--Good going on not eating the chocolate.

Terrigrrrl--I don't have any girlfriends. Cept the ones I work with, but those are my "work" friends. Not people that I would like to hang out with if you know what I mean. I don't know where to begin to look for new friends and I do live in a small town. And I have a very needful husband who when he's not working wants to spend his time with me. So I think I would have trouble getting time away to be with my girlfriend. I guess you could say my husband is clingy. But he doesn't have any friends that he hangs with either. Such a sad life we live..LOL

Well, I'm off to settle down and watch some t.v. till dd gets home from school. And I have to work tonight at 6 so I'll talk to you ladies in the morning.

Take care
Kelly
Old 10-03-2002, 03:32 PM   #215  

Hi Kelly, Thanks for the welcome

Ruth, you are sooo good, I could taste that chocolate from the UK!

Ellis, exercise! I do have an exercise bike. I started doing 30 minutes daily, but must admit I have lapsed lately because it's just so boring! I walk as often as I can and I love swimming, although I haven't been near a pool since I saw our holiday photos from last year So my next goal before Christmas is to brave the pool.
Any exercise ideas/tips very welcome!
Oops, forgot! I love to dance, don't get out often but dance all the time at home, couldn't have a day without music!!

Have a good day everyone
Jin x
Old 10-03-2002, 06:03 PM   #216  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Welcome to the nuthouse Jinx!!!

Kelly - during your period is the worst time for food cravings isn't it? Last month I didn't care what I was eating as long as I could put salt on it.

Ellis - does powdered milk taste like regular milk? Does it go bad? Do they sell it in the states? I never ever drink a whole container of milk before it goes. It might be worth it... And you will be buff in no time!!

Ruthxxx - If you really want the chocolate out of the house - you can always send it to mine

Soozie - your trip sounds like it will be a blast! I have never been to one of the Disney parks in the States, but I did go when I was in Tokyo in '94. Alot of people hate to fly, I hope the drugs work.

Kat - We want to hear those silly stories....

Terri - There are a lot of details, my last 2 years in college got stupid and complicated at the same time, most of which involved the boy, K (the pain in the butt chick), and a array of guys K dated.

Den - do you need another kick in the butt? I hope you are feeling better too...

I figured if by some miracle K calls me and we have a real conversation, I will tell her I will be there. Otherwise I will call her from the airport on my way out of San Jose. (I am betting on the phone call).

I got my "letter" from the boy. Turned out to be 3 postcards in an envelope because he wrote too much on the back of the first one and didn't leave room for my address. A lot of great details about his drive across the country. And at the end of the last one - "oh yeah mom is excited about you coming". I am going to his mom's house the day after Thanksgiving for the weekend. It is the day after he gets back from California, and the weekend of his birthday, and just a few days before mine. So for the first time I am going to drive to Ohio and stay at his mom's house. I met her once about a year and a half ago, and I know she likes me alot, but for some reason I am excited and a little bit nervous. When he first asked he said I could come for Thanksgiving too, but I said no. We celebrate my bday with my family that day. I think the nerves are from the fact this just keeps getting more and more like we are dating.

Anyway thats all from me and my boring life. The only things that happen in mine are things related to the boy, my family or work. He is the most exciting out of the 3 most of the time.

squeak
Old 10-04-2002, 12:45 AM   #217  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

WELCOME JINX!!!!!! You'll love it here, lots of wonderful women!!!! My kids are 15 and 12, so I understand what you mean about things being hectic!!

Squeak-Thanks for asking!! I've been really tired today. Maybe fighting something off. The upside? i haven't been AWAKE to eat all day!!!

Barefoot- I agree completely which is why she is no longer my friend. During a very lonely time in my life I started letting her treat me like a doormat, and it got worse as the years passed. Ending the friendship was the first step in the process of getting myself emotionally healthy. Still working on the emotional health, but I no longer let people treat me like a doormat. It was just a painful one because we had been friends for so long.

Ellis-I'm with you!! DH is my best friend too, but as you say we leave room for other friends and outside interests too.

Ruth-WOW!!! What willpower!!!! I could do it if the chocolate was Hershey (yuck) but not if it were cadbury (drooool...)

Soozie-We went to the one in CA about 3 years ago the day after Thanksgiving. TOO MANY PEOPLE FOR ME!!! DS #1, DH and i left early because we had just had it with the crowds. DS #2 stayed with our friends and had to be dragged out of there at closing time!!!! He is much more of a party animal than the rest of us!!!

HI TO THE REST OF YOU!!! I HAVE TO GO SLEEP NOW!!!
Old 10-04-2002, 01:20 AM   #218  
the kid's counting on me!

Just a quick hi and welcome to Jinx...nice to hear about all that is going on with you girlies. Have to go get some sleep. Will be back tomorrow.
Love, Soozie
Old 10-04-2002, 04:20 AM   #219  

Hi Soozie, Squeaker and Dentrassi. Thanks for taking the time to welcome me. This 'nuthouse' feels like home already!! Should I be worried?!
Dentrassi, how do you manage two teens?! I can only just keep up with one

Have a good day everyone

Jin x
Old 10-04-2002, 08:34 AM   #220  

Height: 5'-2"

Kelly, is there anything in your town that you and your husband could join? We used to live in a small town, and sometimes there would be things like curling, dancing lessons... offered at the community centre. Or what about a library? Do you and your hubby ever go for walks together? It would be good for both of you, and sometimes just walking through the village and saying hello to your neighbours can make you feel good.

Gee Jinx, sounds like you've got lots of options for exercising... lucky you!
Well, one tip... remember that you only have to do 10 minutes of cardio to get a fat burn. So even 10 minutes on that boring exercise bike with a book or a magazine is going to burn some calories. Plus build some muscle.
Speaking of building muscle, do you have any free weights? Doing some weights is an excellent idea. You don't have to do a lot. You'll build muscle, and the more muscle you have, the more calories you'll burn. And you'll look great.
Ah, if only we would follow our own advice.

Den, how are you feeling today? Isn't that great (and highly unusual) when you're too tired to eat?
I'm sorry about your ex-friend, but I'm glad you got rid of her. Old friends aren't necessarily the best ones.

Gee Squeak, I thought WE were the most exciting thing in your life! I'm very happy to hear about your plans with the boy. Keep your head on.
Squeak, I've been using powdered milk for several years. I buy a big bag of it for $11 Canadian, and it usually lasts at least 2 weeks. We use it on our cereal, for cooking, etc. My son is the only one who will drink it, though. Blah. We buy an occasional carton of 2% for the kids to drink, but the powdered saves us a LOT of money! And I feel better for using it in my coffee instead of cream. It'll last for a few days made up in the fridge, but I usually just make up a few cups at a time as we need it.

Soozie, what are you up to besides sleeping?

hello all you other darlings... xo
Old 10-04-2002, 09:53 AM   #221  
Cute & Fluffy

I MEANT the most exciting thing besides you guys Ellis!!
Old 10-04-2002, 08:29 PM   #222  
a work in progress...

Hey kids...

I'm so psyched...I've been totally OP two whole days in a row!! I have been fairly consistent with exercise lately...at least 4x/week...my goal is daily exercise. I just got back from the gym, I swam laps, 'cause I missed the aquacize class by 1/2 hr. I did 20 laps! Big improvement over the measly 4 I did the last time I attempted such a feat! I have my bag packed, I'm heading back over after work tomorrow morning.

I AM FOCUSED!

Gotta jump into bed now...need my beauty rest before work.

Have a good weekend all...
Old 10-04-2002, 08:42 PM   #223  
Cute & Fluffy

Today sucked royally. A 11 hr day at work w/a small salad as lunch at my desk. Nothing worked right. Oh yeah and I blew the not eating after 8pm thing since I didn't get home until 7:45. 2 Motrin and a order of fries, a piece of garlic bread, and some chicken wings later, I now have a tummy-ache to go with the headache. Now I am going to try and sleep. I haven't gotten much more then 3 hours at a time for the last 2 weeks.

Have a good evening girls.
Old 10-04-2002, 11:05 PM   #224  
the kid's counting on me!

Hey girls. Well, Ellis, I've been cleaning my upstairs-walk-in-scare-y-as-any-thing-and-loaded-with-crap closet out. I had to move a bunch of my stuff from way back in art school days since we are having the living room painted and I had a bunch of junk stored in an alcove, landing area at the top of our stairs. So while moving it I decided to get it stored away in the closet and therefore had to clean out the closet! What a serious mess. It was DP's idea to do it...she got me started and then disappeared!

So, the painters were here today and the place looks so much better already. We were going to do a faux finish on two of the walls...I may or may not do that at this point because it looks pretty good just with the base color, but we'll see when its all finished.

I'm still working on my furniture refinishing project and have also been working more hours at the office. Business has picked up a bit which is good...as I had said before, I was spending more than I was making for a while there...not a good thing.

I'm thinking about doing a mosiac on the fireplace mantel as a finishing touch in the living room. But, I dare not buy any materials to do that until the tables are finished unless I want to get a fast divorce...just kidding but I think my projects do work DP's nerves at times.

I have been going to the gym too.

So, as you can see I've been a busy girl.

Less insomnia, less time to talk to you all...sorry my friends...I do miss you and will be here but maybe only four days a week instead of seven.

Love, Soozie (the original lesbian )
Old 10-04-2002, 11:36 PM   #225  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

WOW!! I slept a ton yesterday!!! I am HOPING that I will be able to get on a normal schedule now, since i woke up at 7am this morning and haven't napped today. Feeling pretty good too!!!

DH has been subbing for a colleague who was in the hospital, and she died yesterday. He will probably wind up keeping her class. This will be quite a shock to her students, and having DH stay would be more continuity than switching teachers AGAIN. This will mean 6 classes this semester, so he will be running ragged, and I need to pick up the slack at home. Very sad and very annoying all at the same time.

Soozie-You sound busy!!! I think there is less insomnia when you keep busy like that, but when I am already tired it is hard to get going to tire myself out in a healthier way. When you are refinishing, what do you use to strip the finish that is already on there? My parents are giving us an old table which is great, but the finish on there is horrible, and too dark for our dining room (? should say "area"!!) Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as I am a rank beginner!!!

Squeak-Sorry things are rough right now....BUT AT LEAST YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO!!!!

Katrina-You sound totally pumped!!! I wish you could bottle it and send it my way!!! Keep up the good work!!

Ellis-Doing pretty well today. Spent the day with my parents and had a good time. Then for dinner we had pasta with a sauce that DS #2 made!! (with help from DH) It was great!!!

Jinx-How do i manage with two teens? I DON'T!!! But seriously, the 15 year old is a bit sullen sometimes, but is usually fairly cooperative. The 12 year old is much more like your typical teen...arguing about everything i say and always asking for stuff. Compared to what some of my friends are dealing with right now, though, I have it pretty easy. I just hope it stays that way!!!
Closed Thread