Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2002, 11:11 AM   #136  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

HEY ELLIS!!!!!

GOOD FOR YOU FOR EXERCISING YOU STINKY THING YOU!!!!!!!

XXOO
Old 09-23-2002, 11:24 AM   #137  

Hi all!

Thanks for the kind welcomes! We had horrible rain last night - kept waking me up, I'm exhausted. Despite that fact, I'm going to attempt to get back on the dreadmill...oops I mean treadmill today after work.

Have a great day!
Kerry
Old 09-23-2002, 12:13 PM   #138  
Is it Friday yet?

Hello wild, wacky, wonderful ladies!

Terrrrri - Sounds like a great first meeting! I didn't even think about that "no rush" thing - that makes a lot of sense! Good for you!
I used to hang a favorite dress on the closet that I wanted to get into and unfortunately that didn't work but I think you should try it! For me, it probably had more to do with the fact I was eating my way through a bad marriage than anything!

Welcome Kerry!!!!

Dent - omen, women... which ever, I'll answer!

Good weekend, celebrated the eqinox with friends and ate too much as usual... Fall is my favorite time of year so I'll start decorating the house soon...

Squishy kisses,

Terri
Old 09-23-2002, 02:21 PM   #139  
the kid's counting on me!

Hi gals. Got to the gym Friday and Saturday...as I said, hope this starts a new trend. Still working on furniture refinishing...can't even believe what I've spent on supplies!

Had to work this morning then picking kiddo up from school at 3:00, hangin with her for awhile and back to work at 6:00pm...will be really hard to go back tonight!

Work has been too slow...not making enough money and spending too much...have to stop focusing on my projects that cost money and focus on the stuff that makes me money!!!!!

Kid didn't want to get up and go to school again this morning...she takes after me...wants to just hang out, play awhile, watch tv...

We may go see Raffi this weekend, just found out that he will be in town. Have any of you ever had the pleasure?? I thought that he must be like 90 years old by now but guess he's still touring...well the Stones are so...guess you're never too old to rock.

Talk to you later...ps...I've been eating too much...somebody inspire me....
Love, Soozie
Old 09-24-2002, 09:00 AM   #140  

Hi girls, hows everyone today? My feet are killing me, I decided to walk back to the video shop yesterday to take back a dvd, its about a mile away, but when I got there I thought 'oh, what a beautiful day I think I will carry on walking'!!!!!

I got back in the house 2 and half hours later absolutly shattered. I feel ok today apart from a blister on the sole of me foot.

Keep positive, catch you later..tooty8
Old 09-24-2002, 11:23 AM   #141  

Height: 5'-2"

Gee Tooty, good for you!!
My body's aching all over from working out at the gym yesterday.

Soozie... I can't stop eating either. I'll inspire you if you'll inspire me.

Hello all you sweet things...
xo
Old 09-25-2002, 12:40 AM   #142  

Hey Tooty...you go girl...walk and walk and walk! I went to the gym again today. Can't believe it but I did...and Ellis, you go too girl...another day at the gym...good for you.

So, here's the inspiration Ellis...don't eat crap..eat healthy stuff...oy that isn't very inspirational is it...hold on, my DP is here let's get some advice from her...okay DP what do you want to say to Ellis to inspire her to stop eating everything in sight...
Words of Wisdom from Soozie's DP,

Ellis, you can have a little treat but,
not real late at night...get a good book and you won't want
to eat at night...get the Weight Watchers desserts, they're
pretty good...Stonyfield fat free chocolate yogurt is delicious if
you're a chocoholic...the bottom line is when you lose weight you're
going to feel terrific...you'll look and feel better and you'll have
better sex....

Ditto to what she just said...
Love, Soozie

Old 09-25-2002, 06:28 AM   #143  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Hey Soozie's DP
You should do a commercial for Stonyfield Fat free
yougurt. I can see it now!

Taste great, helps lose weight and improves your sex life 100%, stop by your grocer today and pick some up.

Sorry, just being funny this morning! Guess what? I went to the gym last night and I feel greeeatttt! I am going back tonight. Can't wait!
On the negative, however still postitve side, I only lost 1/4 lb this week, but I thought I had gained about 2 or 3 so I guess all things considered not to bad!
Well, gotta go do so crunches, have a shower and get ready for work!
oxoxoxox
Virginia
Old 09-25-2002, 01:25 PM   #144  

hey Virginia,

I was almost afraid to post my DP's message because she mentioned brand names and we're cautioned against advertising but since we don't work for or hold stock in any of those companies I figured it would be okay.

I'm home sick today. Tried to get going this morning. Had a date with the guy at the paint store. He was going to teach me how to do a faux finish in my living room. The effect is done with adding glaze to the paint and then "ragging" the paint over the base color. I got to the paint store and started feeling really queasy. I had to decide what would be more embarrassing...to have to run out on him and say sorry I feel sick or to stay and then not be able to concentrate on what he was saying and then puke on the sample board while he was painting...

I opted for "sorry, gotta go" and not a moment too soon...got home and puked on the front lawn. If you can call it a lawn...we're really naturalized here...so, I'm trying to rest and not start sanding my tables...hard to resist...I'll see how sick I feel as the day goes on.

Talk to you later girlies,
Soozie
Old 09-25-2002, 01:43 PM   #145  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

Soozie,
SO sorry to hear you are feeling ill. Likely all the sanding and paint fumes. Hope you are feeling better soon. Take care
Virginia
Old 09-25-2002, 01:56 PM   #146  
Is it Friday yet?

Oh noooo Soozie!!! I hope you feel better soon... No doubt you made the right decision to just leave!

I'm feeling a little sick today too - nothing quite as bad as Soozie though thank goodness! Last night I was sitting, ok, laying in my recliner thinking "god, my limbs feel like lead and I don't feel so good" - then the phone rings, I let it go to my voice mail and it's my friends that I spent last Saturday with saying, among other things, that they're all sick... love ya, thanks for sharing your germs...
So much for starting to exercise... guess it'll have to wait a day or two until I feel human.

I managed to get kitty #1 (Luna) through her vet visit yesterday without a fight from the Dr. about her vaccinations. The first (and last) time she was vaccinated she went into anaphyalactic shock and had a $200 emergency vet visit at 8pm. Thankfully, the Dr. that saw her yesterday was the same Dr. that treated her that night and agreed that she and her sisters will never receive another vaccine again and are going to have to be indoor kitties for the rest of their lives.... that doesn't break my heart, they were never going to be outdoor cats anyway - we have owls that EAT cats up here!

Guess that's all for now, gonna go take some C for this bug...

Terri
Old 09-25-2002, 03:06 PM   #147  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

Well girls I did it!!
I purchased a years membership to the gym. I was on such a high last night I just knew I would be addicted so I went this afternoon after work, even though I can not afford it and paid for a year.
It is such a natural high,-cardio, pumping iron, working the chest and arms, legs and thighs. I love it!

Virginia
Old 09-25-2002, 04:37 PM   #148  

Height: 5'-2"

Geepers, all you poor ol' sickies. (knock on wood)
Would you like me to sing you a lullaby?
Soozie, I'm sorry but I have a very vivid imagination, and picturing you puking on the front lawn made me shriek with laughter.
Why isn't your DP joining us here? We'd love to have her... we'll bug the **** out of her, but isn't that what we're all about?

Terri, your poor kitty...
My mom wants to take their cat in for a "lion cut", but my father thinks 45 bucks is outrageous. The cat's hair is long, and it gets all over EVERYTHING!

Virginia, good one on the exercising, girl!!

Soozie's DP... the problem with reading (which I do constantly) is that I like to eat at the same time. Something in a bowl. Like chips or bridge mixture. I like to do that constant "dipping my hand into a bowl and raising it to my mouth" thing. And please don't suggest celery. BLAH!! Something low-fat.... hmmmmm.... maybe the yogurt? A 500ml tub?

gotta run and have a nap. All of you sick girls take good care of yourselves. Cider vinegar and a couple of puffs from the puffer will keep a cough away. I don't know what to suggest for stomach flu. But if you lose any weight with it, would you spit in a jar and mail it to me? I could stand to lose a few myself.

xoxo
Old 09-25-2002, 07:24 PM   #149  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Poor Soozie!!! Hope you feel better soon!!

Ellis-DS #2 came home sick again....WHAT do you do with the cider vinegar and puffer?

Wanttolosealot-CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Good for you for joining that gym!!

Punkin-Glad to hear the vet listened to you!! It must have been scary seeing your cat go into anaphylactic shock. Hope you feel better too.

Soozie's DP-Actually, I prefer to look at it another way. Enough great sex and I don't need the food!!! Unfortunately myDH won't allow me to beep him when I want sex.......isn't that unreasonable?
Old 09-25-2002, 07:52 PM   #150  
a work in progress...

Quote:
But if you lose any weight with it, would you spit in a jar and mail it to me? I could stand to lose a few myself.
Ellis, YOU SLAY ME! I just laughed so hard, I peed in my pants, THANKS A LOT!

Off to find some new drawers...

still chuckling...
Closed Thread