Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2002, 10:14 PM   #121  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Welcome Tooty!
Sure we can make space for another bum!

soozie- you made it to the gym! BTW Nanny Ogg is a character in the Discworld novels by Terry Pratchett. I highly recommend the series if you like fantasy mixed with a silly, tonge in cheek type of humor. One of the great things is that although the characters appear in different books in the series it is not a serial-to be continued thing. Each book is an adventure on it's own and they are hysterical! I have actually laughed out loud while reading them (which makes people on public transportation look at you funny or quickly switch seats ).

Virginia-is strip pool kind of like strip poker

Barefootgrrrl-have fun on your blind date tonight!
Old 09-20-2002, 11:26 PM   #122  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

I stole the boy's copy of Hogfather. (He was done reading it, and thought I might like it so when he handed it to me while looking for something else I just didn't give it back.) I don't think I have come across Nanny Ogg yet, I am only about 20 pages into it though.....
Old 09-21-2002, 01:09 AM   #123  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Tooty8-HEY!! The more fat bums the merrier!!! WELCOME!!!!!

Soozy-CONGRATULATIONS ON MAKING IT TO THE GYM!!!!! WAY TO GO!!!!

Mauvais-How are you doing? By the way, if the sleep thing bugs you again, My doctoer recommended a homeopathic remedy which has REALLY been helping me the last few nights. I'll PM you with the details (don't want to advertise!!)

Squeak, Punkin, Wanttolosealot-HIYA YOU CRAZY OMEN YOU!!!!

Ellis-Are you back yet? I want all the gorey details!!!!!

Everyone else-POST!!!!
Old 09-21-2002, 03:14 AM   #124  
the kid's counting on me!

Den, Why are you calling Squeak, Punkin, and Wantstolosealot crazy omen? Is that related to the paganism we've been chatting about?

I'm wide awake cause I fell asleep putting the kidlette to sleep at 9:30! So, now my body thinks it's morning! oops.

Feel like a jock after one work out...I'm so easy to please! Can't wait to get back to the gym and do it again.

Mauvais that series sounds good. I'll have to check it out. I really liked Harry Potter and I like Star Trek and those kind of sci/fi-ish, fantasy-ish things and I like humor.

I'm hoping to get alot of work done on the two tables that I am refinishing this weekend...I'm sanding, painting, and then distressing them. Unfortunately, I've already changed my mind about the color (colour...translation for Canadiens) three times. Doing this myself was supposed to save money but, I'm blowing alot of dough on supplies!

Well Ladies,
Going to try to convince myself that another day is over and that it is time to go back to bed again
Love, Soozie
ps welcome back Ellis.
Old 09-21-2002, 12:23 PM   #125  

OOPS!!! TYPO!!! It was SUPPOSED to say "crazy WOMEN!"

........must be some kind of sign.........
Old 09-21-2002, 03:46 PM   #126  

Hey all!

Welcome Tooty!!! So glad to have you with us........personally, I think fat bums rule!

I know what you mean about the confidence issue....... my fingers are crossed that each pound loss will be accompanied by a confidence gain - that is the dream anyway

Thank you all for the thumbs up on the date.....well, the first step is the hardest part, right? he he, anyway, after the first glass of red, I felt myself calming right down. We talked a lot.....about our similarities, our differences, all kinds of grrrly stuff - it was fun. We'll see how it goes, the best part is neither of us has a timeline or agenda....unlike typical dating, no biological clocks or anxious grannies hanging over our heads

Soozie - good luck with the tables......eeek! projects... for us, they start with one trip to Home Depot, usually followed by another one for a missing part, another trip for a broken part.....but refinished furniture sounds nice
oh, almost forgot - I make the lattes from a mix called Keto Coffee - buy it online. To be honest, it's not that great......I'm just desperately missing my Starbucks....too many calories and carbs haunting me there...

Have a great weekend all.......hugs, terrigrrrl
Old 09-22-2002, 03:22 PM   #127  

Angry New here too...

Hi all! I'm new here too.

I'll be 29 in a week or so. I live in the suburbs of Boston, MA with my partner of 6 years.

I started this whole weight loss thing in Oct. of 2000 and am down a total of 60 pounds with about 50 more to go.

My motivation is nill right now...so I'm hoping some new support will help me along.

I'll hopefully get to know you all a little better!

Kerry
Old 09-22-2002, 05:27 PM   #128  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Hi Kerry,
And welcome to this crazy but fantastic site. You are doing great with your weight loss. Wow, 60 lbs. I am fairly new to this site myself. Have been on 3fc since August, and love every minute of it. Everyone is so nice here, and very encouraging. We talk about everything here, from weight loss, exercise, our families , or whatever the topic of the day may be. I myself am bisexual, and married to a great guy for 12 years and have two children.
Welcome and hope you enjoy your time with this wacky bunch.
Virginia
Old 09-22-2002, 05:49 PM   #129  
Hot Stuff

Welcome Tooty and Kerry!

Terrigrrl...so glad to hear the date went well!

Soozie, what color are the tables now? I bought stain to do my dining set, oh about two months ago....and there it sits in the corner....someday, if I EVER get a vacation, maybe that's what I'll do. Hey, congrats on the gym-going!
Old 09-22-2002, 06:22 PM   #130  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Women, omen - whatever you wanna call us. The crazy part sticks no matter what!!! (side note - The Omen was one of the few movies that actually scared me.)

Welcome to the new chickies! Pull up a chair. Stick around, we are a fun but nuts bunch.

Not much to report here. Taking a mental health day tomorrow. I am so glad. I am even ditching out of a meeting.

Congrats to you gym going girls!!!

squeak
Old 09-22-2002, 06:23 PM   #131  

HI KERRY!!! Sounds like you are doing really well!!! My motivation has been pretty poor lately too. Hopefully we can all get going again with each other's support and bullying!!!

Soozie-I'm getting an old dining room table from my parents and I want to refinish it. What kind of stripper do you use? I am new to this, and would prefer something non-toxic, but basically want something that WORKS!!

HI TO ALL THE REST OF YOU ALTERNACHICKS!!!!
Old 09-22-2002, 08:29 PM   #132  

Thanks for all your welcomes, its great that you are all here. Well I reached my first goal-- for the first time in years I am under 17 stone so I bought myself the Monsters Inc. DVD--- been wanting to watch it for ages but havn't had the excuse to buy it!!

Barefoot--- I'm glad you had a good time, sometimes it can do you good to just chat with somebody who doesn't have an agenda.

Kerry- guess we are both newbies here, congratts on the weight loss already.

catch you all soon... tooty
Old 09-22-2002, 09:51 PM   #133  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Evening everyone!

Welcome Kerry and congrats on the weight loss sounds like you are doing well already!

Soozie: the Discword books starts with the book "The Colour or Magic" (that's color for you U.S. chickies ) You don't need to read them all in order but that is the first one and you meet a lot of the recurring characters in it. One of my favorites in the series is called "Mort", Death decides to go on vacation in it has a goofball character named Mort fill in while he is away, chaos, adventure and hilarity ensue!

Squeaker- Nanny Ogg shows up in the third book called "Equal Rites".

Barefootgrrrl- glad you had a good time on your date
Old 09-23-2002, 09:59 AM   #134  

Welcome Kerry! You will enjoy it here- these women are a great bunch.

Hope everyone had a good weekend. My husband returned from Seattle with two pounds of fresh salmon ( it was so good!) and he brought me a beautiful chile ristra. I have to go to the craft store to buy lacquer at lunchtime so I can preserve it. I am not the crafty type, but I will try (fingers crossed - it doesn't sound too hard! )

We are finally getting cooler weather tomorrow - yeah! I will start exercising someplace other than the pool!
I love walking!

I am in a silly mood today. We all stayed up late last night watching old I Love Lucy reruns. She is my daughter's favorite comedienne. We saw the grape stomping episode and my girl was rolling on the floor laughing - I love to see kids giggle and enjoy humor like that.

Virginia - hope you had a fun time with your friends over the weekend!

I'm going to try one of those mental tricks to keep me motivated in losing. I am going to buy a skimpy outfit and hang it up on my clothing rack. Has anyone ever tried this? Did it help at all!?

terrigrrrl - resorting to all sorts of tricks
Old 09-23-2002, 12:08 PM   #135  

Height: 5'-2"

hey y'all!
Welcome Tooty and Kerry!!

Just got back from the gym. I had a great one hour workout. I must go and bathe....
back later darlings...
xo ellis
Closed Thread