Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 09:58 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

We have been having computer problems lately, so if I disappear for a while, don't think the worst. LOL We never know from day to day if we're going to be able to log on.

Tomorrow is weigh-in and so far on my scale it looks like I lost another 2 lbs, but the way it gets with water weight fluctuations you can't be sure until you step on that scale!

DH found a science project in our refrigerator yesterday. It was a jar of roasted red peppers that got pushed behind other things and I forgot about them. I was so mad! With all the veggies I've been eating lately those would have fit in very well to my eating plan, and I like them so much! Oh well, I'll just buy another jar and make sure they are kept up front where I will see them.

Hope everyone is getting over their cough/colds!
Old 10-16-2012, 10:55 AM   #122  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Old 10-16-2012, 01:03 PM   #123  
Angela

S/C/G: 155/138/126

Height: 5'6"

Hi Bobbi and Sisters!

I did 7.5 miles outside and 5.5 on elliptical w/arms this morning.
been losing weight... probably need to eat more in a day or two but I am so happy today to see 132 finally after a loooooooong time.

Have a good one yall!!!
Old 10-17-2012, 09:15 AM   #124  
Bobbi

Angie and all you exercising fans, good for you. I'm gonna just sit and watch you. I saw Lisa from Hungry Girl yesterday on tv. Her new very large cook book intrigued me so I purchased it. Do I need it, heck no. I have sooooooooo many cookbooks, or I did until I sold off many of them. I find all the recipes I want online but she has all lower fat/calorie ones. I have put on about 10 pounds and need to bite the bullet and get back down before the holidays set in. I'm so tired of calorie counting and it would be hard since my computer crashed and I lost every food items I'd put into Fitday. The new Hungry Girl Max has weight watchers points on all recipe. I'm thinking of joining W.W. , but I hate going to meetings. Do any of you do the online weight watcher and does it work for you?
Old 10-17-2012, 09:18 AM   #125  
Bobbi

P.S. Carbie...your pictures fail because there're too big. You have to resize them 1st. I can resize mine right on my Windows Live Gallery but KarenMo has a site you can put in your favorites that downsize them for you, easy peasy.
Ask her for it.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:28 AM   #126  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Carbie ~ here is the site Karen told about that Bobbie has just mentioned. I was having the same trouble with trying to post a picture and she gave the link to that site. I haven't tried it yet.

(From Karen31) This is the site that i use to resize photos....

http://www.shrinkpictures.com/

Hope that helps.

Last edited by glynne; 10-17-2012 at 09:29 AM.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:03 AM   #127  

S/C/G: 245/241/140

Height: 5' 3"

Ok, I'm going to try this one more time.
Now, don't look at the painting mess on counter tops etc; these are curtains only pics, ....

Soooo, ......... what do I do once I get it resized? How do I get it from there to here?

oh lord take my hand and lead me, ..................
Old 10-17-2012, 10:50 AM   #128  
Bobbi

Carbie...it depends on where the original picture is. I can leave mine in Windows but have to name it so it doesn't get mixed up with the original. If you can transfer the resized picture to your desktop, that's a easy way to find it. I do that often, then delete it off desktop after posting. Where are the originals now?
Old 10-17-2012, 11:30 AM   #129  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Carbie, you can save them in your "My Pictures" and make a folder that you can keep them in. When you click on the "Advanced" on the bottom of here (3fc) then it will come up with the window to choose. CLick browse and go to where you have saved them. Choose you picture and click Ok or Open which ever it says on your computer. Then it should upload to this site. You can only upload one picture at a time and upload up to 5. I hope that helps. Getting ready to go to Bible study and then to lunch.. Will check back this afternoon and see if that helped. Have a great day!
Old 10-17-2012, 01:05 PM   #130  
Angela

Good morning everyone.
it is a beautiful day in SoCal.
but it will get hot again... expected to be in the high 90s
got up early and finished my 12 miles outside.
Thanks to the carbo loading yesterday, today's run was a piece of cake.

Have a good day Sisters!!!!
Old 10-17-2012, 02:02 PM   #131  
Bobbi

Rosey.....forgot to ask about Steve, how'd his surgery go?

I have a half dozen large Hibiscus open and the plant has many more buds. It's really pretty, wish they only lasted longer than a day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1414 (640x480).jpg (31.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1412 (640x480).jpg (42.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1411 (640x480).jpg (35.3 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by Bobbolink; 10-17-2012 at 02:33 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 03:57 PM   #132  

Height: 5'3"

Just popping in to say hi. We walked 30 min today and it was very pleasant out...a slightly cool 46 degrees and cloudy but no rain. Our path has some incline parts and I like that as it adds a little challenge. I can't walk as fast as I'd like as dh can't keep up with me. I remember when I was challenged to keep up with him...I went to the store for a few items. Other wise staying home. Tonight we will go to church. My back is still hurting. When I take meds at night I sleep so hard that I think it makes it worse the next day both with stiffness and pain. Think I'll try it tonight without meds. Without meds I get up more in the night and that may at least keep me more flexible. I don't hurt as much when I'm lying down anyway just when I turn sometimes. I try to stretch often during the day but it makes my back feel so weak and painful that I don't know whether it's so good for me or not. Heat seems to help a little until I have a hot flash. LOL Maybe I should switch to an ice pack but that sounds so cold these days. Just praying it will soon be gone soon!

Bobbi - Myfitnesspal.com has almost every food in it. I've been amazed what all they have in it. I haven't had to enter very many foods myself. Just a thought if you still want a tracking program. They also have a phone app and ipad.

Got to run...so much to do...hello to everyone!
Old 10-17-2012, 04:04 PM   #133  
Angela

WOW Bobbi
those are BEEEEautiful!!!
Great job.

It is Korean national flower.. once upon a time, I was a Korean and this flower has a special place in my heart.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:18 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

Hi Goldens -

Just wanted to say a quick hi. My younger DS was here for 4 days. Went back to Maryland last night. Loved having him home. Hate seeing him leave. I realized, (with a lot of expensive help - LOL) that I have to find things I enjoy if I'm going to be happy while I'm waiting for grandchildren. DH and I signed up to be election judges. Got the online training done today and going for 4 hour classroom training on Friday. It was a little tedious but you know, I got over my sadness of DS leaving. I think because it feels like something meaningful. We will also get paid for it! And I was not very good quilting. Went too fast to match up the corners. When my shoulder is better I may give it another try. I have to catch up with all the posts. Just want to say welcome to Masterptr and Angela. TTYL.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:49 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

Okay, getting caught up -

Mary - sorry about your back. I feel your pain. Have you seen a doctor so you know what it is? Ice is always good - heat, not always. I know it’s cold and heat sounds so appealing but you’d be surprised how effective cold packs are. Just dress warm until the hot flashes come!
Okay Mary, I’m reading from new to old. You CANNOT be mopping floors. That is the exact type of movement that can aggravate my “small protruding” disc. I bet it’s contributing to your back pain. Just sayin’…

Cajun - So great that your son is coming home! And good job on the weight loss.

Rosey - hope your DH’s surgery went well.

Karen 3 - I thought my DH’s taking apart the engine on his old Jag (again and again) was annoying - hog hunting with nasty snakes? Do you have a good life insurance policy on him?

Freda - I was thinking of getting shingles shot today when I got my flu shot but Walgreens said if you’re not 65 you need a note from doctor. I had my dad and my hyper active DH so I didn]’t have time to ask questions but maybe I will tomorrow. And phone my doctor. I still remember how painful it was for my tough as nails DH.

Carbie - LOL about the shoplifter who passed gas when she bent over!

Rie - So great that your family is moving down the road! You are working hard! Be careful.

Gayle - are you on your days off now?

I better run. Hugs to you all!
Closed Thread