Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 11:08 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Happy evening all....Played bridge again today(see my pattern?) and came in 3rd. It's not bad. Went to friends for dinner and took pints of ice cream as a hostess gift. I have the ice cream packed in wild choices that I know they love. One was blackberry cobbler, pumpkin pie/pecan,and choclate covered cherries. The other was SF double chocolate, SF butter pecan and chocolate covered cherries. It costs about $5 a pint so $10 isn't anymore than a bottle of cheap wine.....and they have a blast fussing with eah other over flavors. Plus leave it there and not eat any!

Bobbi....How's the Myers Lemon? Pick earlier next time and rippen in the kitchen! I'd mail you some but that's a Fed mail offence!

Carbie....Hurry I wanna see the pictures!

DeeLee....good job working for the election board.

Mary...I agree Ice is your friend. It cools down the inflamation.

Freda...went for a flu/shingle vac and found out you need a Rx for the shingle vac. Have to go back when MD faxes them the Rx. Much cheaper at drugstore than in MD office. At least I had flu vac ...

Ooops...just saw it's after 11pm....need to throw a load in the dryer....k3
Old 10-18-2012, 01:28 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Hey goldies,
Getting ready to pack again for the weekend camping. Just not sure where we are going yet. We were invited to go to the fishing camp with our hunting friends. If they call tonight and say they are going for sure then that's where we will go. If not then to the hunting camp we go. A cold front came thru this morning and it's a beautiful day. The north wind is blowing and the sun is so bright. It's going to be like this all weekend. Yay!!! Today is day 4 of my exercising. I'm going to do Monday thru Friday and hope to keep it up. Gotta get them inches off and get dads camo pants looser.

My ds is COMING HOME November 1. I'm so excited.

Karen fl< did the front get to you yet? Hope so. It's wonderful.

Dee~I know you are sad to see your ds leave. Will he be back for thanksgiving or Christmas?

Mary~ lol on passing your dh up. No matter how much I've lost I can't walk faster than my ds due to very short legs. Lol but I can keep up now. That old back still hurting? Hope you can find something that helps.

Bobbi~ beautiful flowers. Love flowers.

Angela~ wow that's some miles you are going thru daily. How long does it take to go 12 miles?

Carbie~ waiting for the pictures. Would love to see the work you've done.

Carol sue~ congrats on getting back on track. Yay for the 2 lbs!!!!!!!

Hi Rosey, Gayle, Freda, Rie, Karen31, Chewy, Isabella

Hugs
Cajun
Old 10-18-2012, 02:15 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I only lost 1/2 lb this week, but a loss is a loss. I keep telling myself if I had started doing this back in January, I would be at goal!
Old 10-18-2012, 03:19 PM   #139  
Angela

S/C/G: 155/138/126

Height: 5'6"

Hello Cajunlady165
12 miles running ended up being a little longer than 2 hours
after that, I did 4.5 on elliptical as a cool down workout so the total workout took about 3.5 hours.

today is a rest day and walked 9 miles outside.
did 5 miles on elliptical.

rest day just means I'm not running to protect my joints.

Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 10-18-2012, 04:09 PM   #140  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

I've been so busy today that I didn't get my facebook games played until just now. We are going to grandsons 21st birthday party, he grew up way too fast.
later gators.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:38 PM   #141  

Hi everyone. sunny and cold here today and the snow stayed so winter is officially here. steve came home today and is doing well,actually better than i thought. pathology report was good, no cancer and im relieved as you just never know. hes snoring away , now to keep him down for 6 weeks is another story congrats to all of us for fighting the #'s ttfn rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 10-19-2012 at 10:58 AM.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:01 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Bobbi - I don't like to go to meetings either. That's why I only signed up for 1 month to get started and now I'm going to continue on my own. I never thought about it, but I could have just paid for the first meeting. That is when they give you all the supplies you need.

My honest opinion of it? I don't recommend it. If you know how many calories you can eat and still lose weight, just do that. It is a lot more complicated to figure out the points values. If you eat prepackaged food you can figure out the points from the nutritional info. The same if you make a recipe that lists the fat, carbs, fiber and protein. They also give you a booklet that lists common foods and the points value. But if you make a recipe that does not list that info, you have to calculate the points value for each ingredient and then add them together. Then figure out a portion. This is pretty much how I cook, and I also eat in restaurants. So most of the time, I fill up on vegetables, which are 0 points and eat small portions of everything else. I am losing, so I guess I'm doing ok, but I could do just as well counting calories. If you eat a lot of foods with a low points value you get to eat more.

On the other hand, my DIL LOVES the WW program and says she this is a lifetime thing for her. She bought a WW cookbook and all the recipes in it list the points value. She will cook from that cookbook and will always know how many points she's eating. Her husband, my step-son, will eat whatever she puts in front of him and be glad someone is cooking for him. LOL
Old 10-19-2012, 10:25 AM   #143  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning goldens,
We decided this morning we are going with friends to their camp for the weekend. We will be fishing for crappie on their party barge. The last time we went it was so much fun. It will be a lil chilly on the water but I went this week and bought me a couple long sleeve shirts. I don't have any clothes from last year to fit. They were all brought to goodwill. I don't even have a coat. Lol. It's going to be another beautiful day here.
Talked to ds last night. He told us they are making them take a fatigue day Saturday so him and his work partner are going mule deer hunting. Let's hope they don't get lost up their. Oh the worries of a mom and dad!
Don't have time for personals today. I have a dessert and appetizer to make for this weekend. Pack and load truck. Have a good weekend!!!

Hugs
Cajun
Old 10-19-2012, 11:47 AM   #144  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Thanks Carol for the WW info...I'm still thinking about doing it. Maybe because it's different from the same old calorie counting game. I do lose counting calories and very fast but my heart just isn't ready yet. The longer I put it off, them more I'll weigh. I jumped on the scale for the 1st time this morning in months, I guesses I was up about 10 pounds, only 8 but that's bad enough.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:33 PM   #145  
Angela

S/C/G: 155/138/126

Height: 5'6"

Carol Sue,
loss is a good thing always. no matter what number it is,
just remember, you are that much lighter today than before.
Keep up the good work.

Hello friends!!!
Happy Friday to all of us.
Angela finished Run/Walk 10 miles outside and just had a
Large Egg Sandwich yum....

Have a good weekend everyone!!!!!
Old 10-19-2012, 02:23 PM   #146  

Hi everyone and happy weekend. the suns out but frosty and cold. steve doing well,not even taking pain meds just advil. no lifting for 6 weeks tho. bobbie befor my bariatric surg i followed ww and loved it. i had a set of the older pt system booklets and followed it at home. i liked it as it gave me more choice and when my pts where used up i was done for the day. i somtetimes had a "blow it" day, i think they called it the wendy plan to shake up your metabolism.theres a wb site called dottiesweightlosszone. lots of recipes and good tips.i always did well on ww. nothing planned for the day. just need to fold laundry. im reading Patricia cornwells new book "The Bone Bed" i splurged and bought it as ive been reading the whole scarpetta series . so far i luv it.ttfn rosey
Old 10-19-2012, 05:38 PM   #147  

Height: 5'3"

Me again, my back is still hurting. Trying ice now and hoping it will help. Heat helps for a few min but the best is just lying down. Can't get much done that way though. I have these spells 1-2 times a year...last time was last Dec. Usually goes away in a week or so. It's been 13 days now although the first 2-3 days weren't this bad. I am not taking meds at night now and I wake up feeling better/hurting less but as the day goes on it gets worse. The meds don't help much but ever now and then for no reason I can tell it will completely go away for a brief time up to a couple hours even when I'm not lying down. So thankful for those times but doesn't happen enough. Recently I have begun to wonder if it could be related to my hernia...but that doesn't seem to make much sense...
1. It doesn't hurt much when I'm lying down which I would think it would if it's my hernia.
2. So far it is very episodic not all the time.
I never thought it was my hernia before but this time after starting on the right side of my mid-back, it went higher and is now is mostly centrally located right on the opposite side of the diaphragm (diagram in front/pain same place in back). It sometimes spasms but is now mostly just a burning pain. You nurses ever heard of pain like this with a hiatal hernia? I had back pain with my previous hernia but it was at night...would wake me up. Dh wanted me to go to the doctor but I don't know that he will do anything...last time he just gave me prescription which I am currently using. I just called them but here it is Friday afternoon..doubt anythings going to get done now.

Otherwise we are good, just trying to get a lot of things done and my back is making it difficult but I do what I can and rest often. We didn't walk today because dh went fishing. Had a neat experience last night. I was asked to witness a civil wedding. The couple is new to the area and don't know many people who could do it and are related to a friend of mine so she asked me to be the second witness. I had never been a part of that kind of wedding so it was a nice/new experience. We went out to eat with them afterwards. My back actually cooperated and didn't hurt very much.

I've lost a couple pounds with my tightening up on my carbs, however I've been struggling with overeating in the evenings recently so tonight I'm determined to do better. Don't want go backwards now that I'm seeing a bit of progress.

Can't sit long so will just say hi to everyone!

ETA: Doctor's nurse just called and I have an appt for monday. So if I still have pain I'll go in. I'm sometimes like a kid ...whatever is bothering magically goes away once I get a an appt. ;-)

Last edited by maryea; 10-19-2012 at 05:47 PM.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:15 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Hi all.....k3
Old 10-19-2012, 09:10 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Mary, gosh I hope you get to feeling better real soon! And I think that you should keep your appointment even if you might be feeling better at the moment... there needs to be a reason why you are hurting so bad.

Been a busy run around day and I'm pooped tonight! Guess I'm not back 100% from that cold but so much better!

Hello to everyone and Have a Great Weekend!!!
Old 10-19-2012, 11:43 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 245/241/140

Height: 5' 3"

Mary, it sounds like you might have GERD. GastroEsophageal Reflux Disease.[/COLOR]
Are you on any Proton Pump Inhibitors, like Protonix or Nexium? Sometimes Acid Reducers like Zantac etc aren't sufficient to reduce the acid that splashes up into the esophagus and burns like the devil. if the Dr. puts you on it, it will probably take 2 to 3 weeks for it to stop the stomach from producing the acid, but once it takes effect, it's such a relief.
In the meantime, you might want to try some liquid antacid like maalox when the pain is bad. Depending on what you're on for medications. Best to ask your Dr if you can take something like that.

I've been busy the last couple days. Stained the wood I ordered, built my shelf and put my plants in it, did laundry today and baked up all the squash and got some of it into freezer bags. Tomorrow I'll finish that. sunday I'll rake leaves.
Gave my treadmill away.

Everyone have a great weekend. [/size][/B]
Closed Thread