Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 01:11 AM   #196  

S/C/G: 256/234/180

Height: 5'5'

Hello Goldies, I haven't posted in awhile because I've been in Calif to see my
brother who recently had a stroke. I've done horrible since I've been here but with all the family around it's been tough. I'll get back to it once I'm in my own environment when I get home on Tursday night. For anyone that's interested Calorie King is a fantastic calorie counter. It allows for you to eat normal food as long as you maintain your food diary and stay within the parameters of calories it has set up for you within the information you've given it, whether you want to gain, lose or maintain your weight. It has a free 7 day trail that you can download to try. After 7 days it's about 45 dollars but it's yours to use for life and up to 5 family members can use it. I also had purchased the weight watchers stuff which is good but I hate counting the points and just didn't care for how it's done. I did the math as anyone of you can and found that calorie king was within 10 calories of their points and was easier for me to use, lose and actually see what I was doing wrong or right since calorie king graphs it for you and allows you to add notes and changes that you can see everyday, Check it out, you might find it a better alternative to WW. As for me ...... I've stressed quite a bit since I've been here but he is doing well.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:45 AM   #197  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Sorry to hear about your brother Chewy's mom.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:13 AM   #198  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

5 Tibetan Energy Rejuvenation Rites

We've been practicing, teaching and recommending the 5 Tibetan Energy Rejuvenation Exercises since 1998. You can do the whole routine in 15 minutes and only need enough floor space for your body while laying down and enough air space for your arms to be outstretched.
The 5 Tibetans represent a great way to keep your body in shape when you have limited time for a physical workout or limited space for a complete yoga routine. You can easily do the exercises in the space at the foot of the bed in most hotel rooms. We use the 5 Tibetans as a warm up for our morning yoga or body workout.
Did anyone catch Dr. Oz's show yesterday? He had a guy on (Chris Kilham) who performed the 5 Tibetan exercises and I was so intrigued that I printed them out. As some of you know, I hate exercising. These take 15 minutes and can add 10 years to your life span. What interested me most was the balance you can RE-GAIN. As I've aged, my balance has gone by the way side. Last year when I tried to do the simple Yoga Tree pose, I couldn't do it. (Stand on one leg, other foot leaning on other thigh, hold that position for 60 seconds) I think I'll try working up to 21 reps on all 5 exercises. You can google Chris Kilham and find the 5 exercises in motion or check out Dr. Oz's program yesterday. Chris Kilham said we'd be dizzy at first but after working up to 21 reps, the dizzness will go away.
I'll be back for personals later.
P.S. Carbie..Oh, too funny. I made that same apron for my mom, must have been a Minnesota thing. Thanks for the Points tracker, I printed it out.
Quote:
Bobbi, I had home economics and the very first thing I ever sewed in my life was a cobblers apron. I gave it to Mom.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 10-24-2012 at 09:19 AM.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:35 AM   #199  
Angela

S/C/G: 155/138/126

Height: 5'6"

Bobbi,
that sounds so interesting...
I've got to give it a try.
Thank you for that information.

Hello everyone!
it is a good day in SoCal
a bit cooler today but the Santa Ana winds are coming and I can feel it will be hot in the next few days!

9.5 miles total walk today
this body doesn't want to move today
do not like PMS

Have a good one all!
Old 10-24-2012, 03:02 PM   #200  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Bobbi/Carbie- I looked at that WW Points List on Buzzle and that is the old points list. I cannot find the new Points Plus List online anywhere. The way to tell the difference is that on the new list the fruits are 0 points. You can use the old points system. People were losing weight on that system, but they needed to make more money so they changed the system so everyone would have to buy new supplies. Supposedly, the new Points Plus System emphasizes different foods that are supposed to promote healthy weight loss. But so many people were happy with the old system and didn't want to change.
Old 10-24-2012, 03:38 PM   #201  

For anyone who's interested, I found another site for Weight Watchers. It gives a points calculator for both the Points Plus and the old points system which was called Momentum. Bobbi, the list you found was for Momentum. The list is only necessary for some items, such as meat. Most foods you can find the points value using the nutritional information on the package and entering it into the points calculator. This site also has a place to go to figure out how many points you should eat per day. If you want to use the points list you found online, then go with the Momentum Plan. You can't try to combine the two plans because the points values are different for the foods. But the Momentum plan worked for most people. IMO the only thing making the Points Plus work for me is that I am really filling up on veggies. I have cut way back on carbs and cut back somewhat on protein. I don't eat much fruit because of my diabetes. Maybe 3 servings per week.

https://sites.google.com/site/wwcheatsheets/home

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 10-24-2012 at 03:40 PM.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:37 PM   #202  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

Hi-

Thanks for the hugs Gayle. I sure needed them. Yesterday was a very bad day. I don't remember what I posted. Lots of times I have a hard time making a long story short, sometimes I decide I've posted TMI - even for my golden girls. Problems with my parents and with having DH handle some of it for me. We all have our limitations. I wanted to take a week off and "have a nervous break down", hide out in my little sanctuary in my basement and get back on my diet 100% with no disturbances. I only got 12 hours.

Really enjoyed hearing about your cat stroller! It's a win-win. You have some support for your walk and the cat gets a tour. You ought to patten that and make a million$. Americans spend over a billion$ on their pets.

I like the sound of that exercise Bobbi. I record Dr. Oz. I hope I have it.

Hugs to everyone!
Old 10-24-2012, 10:38 PM   #203  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
Whats the ideal protein plan Dee?
The Ideal Protein Plan is pretty much protein and veggies and that's it for the first Phase. There a packet to nix with water, drinks, soups, puddings. You eat as much as you want of salad and veggies. Have one meal with meat, chicken of fish. They have ready to drinks, and bars that are quite tasty Some people have found cheeper substitutes, alternative you can get at Walmart. They have a thread in the Ideal Protien forun. I's pretty tough to get started but you lose weight quickly when you do. They have a lot of info here in 3 f.c. I lost about 39 lbs on it. I kept it off for over a year then kept gain and losing 5 lbs., then 10, now I'm bout 18 LBS up.We are going to Savanna GA with DH's retirement group in mid November. If I don't lose some of this weight I won't be able to fit into any of my nice clothes. I'm too cheap to buy more. I'll keep you posted on how I'm coming along. I will get weighed by my coach every Monday, They have a lot of support here on 3 fat chicks. Gotta go watch Homland with DH. See you all soon.

Last edited by deelee10; 10-24-2012 at 10:43 PM.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:58 AM   #204  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Thanks, will check it out.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:09 AM   #205  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Morning...just a quick reporting in. Hurricane Sandy's far outer bands are streaming pass us. BUT and I mean BUT they are now saying she will hit Delaware Monday evening and Maine Tuesday evening with huge rains!!! Heads up guys.

Hurricane Tony is dancing off towards Spain.

6 days until the season is over. BBL k3
Old 10-25-2012, 10:22 AM   #206  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen3 View Post
Morning...just a quick reporting in. Hurricane Sandy's far outer bands are streaming pass us. BUT and I mean BUT they are now saying she will hit Delaware Monday evening and Maine Tuesday evening with huge rains!!! Heads up guys.

Hurricane Tony is dancing off towards Spain.

6 days until the season is over. BBL k3
The news report they are showing us here in PA is that if it turns west on Monday, we will gets lots of precipitation in the form of snow, because our temps are dropping waaaay down over the weekend. I like snow, but I'm not ready for it, as the high today is going to be 80 degrees! Maybe the precipitation will not reach us here in Western PA.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 10-25-2012 at 10:23 AM.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:11 AM   #207  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Hey goldies,

The storms just don't want to end. Glad you dodged this storm Karen.
Last night we ground our pork meat and tonight we season and stuff. We will smoke them Saturday.

Just got off the phone with ds and he told me they are leaving Wednesday. Should be home by Friday night. Yay!!!!!!!! I asked him Whst he was hungry for and he said smoked sausage. So we are smoking some just in time. We are making 60 lbs.

Hello to all no time for personals

Hugs
Cajun
Old 10-25-2012, 01:36 PM   #208  

Hi Golden Girls-

Bobbi - I watched the Dr. Oz you were talking about. Had a lot of interesting things on there. I may try the chant too! I'm not good at meditating. My brain is always swirling around trying how to figure out how to solve the problems of every person in my family "Just when I thought I was out. they suck me back in." (From the Godfather part 2 or 3 and The Sapranos.)
For Ideal Protein check out the diet sheet they hav3 posted. I understand the daily thread isn't very helpful these days. Rumor has it that they are a bunch of cheaters and some people are very hostile about it! But the threads on alternative products are very helpful so you don't have to go to a "coach" and buy all the expensive products.
I had a nice evening last night. Just hung out on 3fc then watch the latest "Homeland." Was able to forgo a nightcap. Didn't become a regular thing until DM got pneumonia and went into nursing care. DF is lost without her in the independent living. They are moving into assisted living, took them both on tours, hav3 been talking to every worker, from independent living to skilled nursing to assisted living. That is 3 different social workers, plus directors, plus therapists, p.t.. o.t., speech. And doctor, doctors receptionist, docs other office, DM's nurses and aids, People who dispense meds in independent living. everything was set to go, mom's better. They want me to come in and sign paper saying they can stop therapy, the new apartment will be ready tomorrow BUT - both parents need 2 tb tests. The whole process takes 10 days. So they want to keep my mom in skilled nursing, with no therapy, for the 10 days! I had told them I wanted he out of the wheel chair. They hav3e her in a regular chair but the alarm is still attached SO SHE CAN'T GET OUT AND DO THINGS FOR HERSELF. Also her current roommate can"t hear, is blind, sleeps all the time. So I've been working hard trying to get my mom out of there! Today will be a showdown. Tomorrow too. Gotta run. Hugst to you all! Send some back!
Old 10-25-2012, 04:43 PM   #209  
Angela

S/C/G: 155/138/126

Height: 5'6"

Hello everyone
after yesterday's crazy 3800 calorie consumption,
I slept more than 10 hours... work up all swollen this morning..
walked really slow... 8 miles and did 5.5 on the elliptical.
now it is almost 2PM.
this diet thing is full time job.

Happy Thurs. all!!

Last edited by masterptr; 10-25-2012 at 04:45 PM.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:53 PM   #210  

Height: 5'3"

I'm ok..still some pain but not bad. Went to PT today and it is a very serious postural problem. in fact she said I have reached the danger stage but that she thinks I am fixable and the fact that I don't have bad osteoporosis helps. In fact my last bone density test was great but I need to get it done again probably. I hope she's right because the end results of this are not good...nerve problems (I have some already), pain all the time, loss of balance etc. I'm sure my workouts at the gym all these has helped me prevent some of this so far. And she said I can continue my workouts. I plan to start back at the gym tomorrow. She gave me a couple exercises to do at home plus just have to practice better posture with everything I do, like my car seat has to be in the straight up position, my keyboard has to be close to my body and my monitor high enough I have to pull myself up to a straight position. Because my neck, head and back are so out of correct position, even these simple things are painful but I can and will do them the best I can and hopefully I will do better in time. It is not easy to sit straight enough in some situations but I'll try and find a way.

My neck/head is pulling forward and closing off the opening in my spinal cord. (90 degrees)
My muscle fibers are constantly stressed and tearing and I have a built up of scar tissue and my rounded back is putting about 50 lbs pressure on my body so its like I'm carrying 50 lbs around all the time. My shoulder blades have moved about 5 in from the normal position.
So with all this no wonder I have had such bad pain! I knew about my neck and back but not what the results were. when I pointed it out to my doc he would just say it was poor posture but didn't seem all that interested. I tried to work on it at home but because it hurt I wasn't consistent. I also know now I wasn't doing the exercises quite right. I am very thankful I got in and now have a plan of action. I will have PT 3x week. Knowing all this I am very motivated to work on it. Hopefully I can turn it around and avoid further painful episodes and damage.

Last edited by maryea; 10-25-2012 at 11:56 PM.
Closed Thread