Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 03:37 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 256/234/180

Height: 5'5'

Do you all have room for another Golden Girl?
Old 10-07-2012, 09:59 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Chewysmom56, there's always room for one more at our table!! Pull up a chair and jump right in. Tell us about you and I know you will love being with this great group of Goldens!!
Old 10-07-2012, 12:11 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hey Goldens!

Short Sunday morning post as I don't feel good. The cold bug is kicking my butt! Plan for the day is lots of water and vitamin C.

My blood sugar has been running a little low these days, making it hard to manage when I work out. Such a balancing act! I go back to the dr in December. I am really hoping to have a few pounds off and I might cut back on meds...

Chewysmom, this is a great group! Welcome. Pull up a cuppa and join the fun. Tell us all about you.

Karen, Gayle, I hope you feel better...

Karenfl, yup, we sent all the birds south! Except the fall birds... I am hoping that my friends shoot a couple pheasants and I will fry them up. Yum.

Donna, Freda, Mary, Bobbi and others.... Sorry. Off to rest and watch football today.

Rie
Old 10-07-2012, 03:59 PM   #49  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Hola to all, Sickos and Wellos!

Chilly but pretty here! I'm heating some cheese quesadillas in the oven and will thoroughly enjoy them for lunch and, probably, dinner. Wasting the day watching taped programs, reading, and crocheting.... no! I'm recharging my batteries!

Hope all you PurelyPatheticPeople are feeling better! Everyone else, have a lovely Sunday, too!

Chewy and all Newbies - welcome!!

Last edited by jess1; 10-07-2012 at 04:00 PM.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:15 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Hello from a hazy hot and humid South. 3H not 4H, Freda!

Having a super quiet weekend. Slept straight thru last night and boy does that make me feel good. Funny but it was 11pm before I realized it was Sat not Sun.

We went to a local Cuban restaurant for dinner. Had lightly batter dipped fish on top of black beans/rice. OMG it was the best thing I ever ate. Can't begin to descibe the flavors. Have to go back again and search internet for recipes. I already love pulled pork/rice/black beans....need a trip to south Florida for my taste buds. None of this is spicey hot just big flavors.

Sorry so many of you have colds/flu....awfully early....hope that means you'll have inmunity for the rest of the winter!

hi Chewy...welcome...please do you have a real name????

Where's Lynn?

Cajun...Get anything?

Carol Sue...how is life at Patton Place?

Donna...Any more snow? Have you knit a bunting for the cat house?

Isabella...Time to check back in.....or we'll send Donna searching.

Marie...Dash says hi but he's in love with a tall gray lab now.

Watching funny BBC series....One Foot in the Grave. About guy retired and cranky. LOL....must send the Xmas sprecial up to DD. It was DH's life story. Including 263 full size granden gnones ordered by mistake. Oh and tonight is Call for the Midwife....wow....

Dash says he wants dinner NOW...BBL...k3
Old 10-07-2012, 08:12 PM   #51  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Welcome Chewy...I think of Kelly Ripa when I see your name, her dogs name is chewy. Jump right in. Week-end aren't very gabby here but picks up during the week. We're all off doing family things.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:36 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

Hi all. I’m very tired today. And the shoulder continues to bother me a lot. It seems to get worse as the day wears on. Last night at Canasta I couldn’t get comfortable. And I resisted all the goodies. And I gained a half pound. We play six rounds and change partners every two rounds. One of my partners, a man, didn’t like the way I placed 2 of my wild cards. It was a very picky, minor thing - that most people wouldn’t care about. This group knows a little about my parents and we filled them in and he saw how sore my shoulder was. I said give me a break! When did you get so picky? You used to be one of the nicest guys. Why did you get so petty and mean? I am actually one of the easiest going of the group. He would NEVER say anything to his own wife. She’s a tough cookie who doesn’t take any crap from anyone - especially HIM. Do I have “kick me when I’m down” written on my forehead? I also told him, “If it’s not cancer I’m not going to worry about it.“ Back off buddy…
Got a couple of nice phone calls from younger DS. He is going to come home next weekend. Very happy about that.

Sorry so many of you are sick.

Rie - LOL about the “computer virus!” I swear I never heard that before - did you make that up? Hope you feel better quickly.

Bobbi - My sons and husband played hockey. DH and youngest DS are goalies. I have what I call my “Hockey Mom” coat. I finally started wearing that to the little league games that started in March and
April too. Those were cold and long. I didn’t mind the hockey games as much. What I disliked was driving all over the place getting to them. It’s so nice for you to go to the games. You DGS will remember that. And you should get out that nice quilt for yourself!

Carole Sue - congratulations on the fantastic weight loss! Oops. Dh wants to watch a show with me. I’ll be back later. Hugs!
Old 10-07-2012, 09:01 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

ooops mixed Dee and Carol Sue...sorry...just finished watching Call the Midwife. The biggest event in my life time has to have been THE PILL. k3
Old 10-07-2012, 11:55 PM   #54  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
Welcome Chewy...I think of Kelly Ripa when I see your name, her dogs name is chewy. Jump right in. Week-end aren't very gabby here but picks up during the week. We're all off doing family things.
Ahhhh, thanks so much for having me. It's been a really busy day doing other things but it's back to the grind of it all tomorrow.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:56 PM   #55  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen3 View Post
Hello from a hazy hot and humid South. 3H not 4H, Freda!

Having a super quiet weekend. Slept straight thru last night and boy does that make me feel good. Funny but it was 11pm before I realized it was Sat not Sun.

We went to a local Cuban restaurant for dinner. Had lightly batter dipped fish on top of black beans/rice. OMG it was the best thing I ever ate. Can't begin to descibe the flavors. Have to go back again and search internet for recipes. I already love pulled pork/rice/black beans....need a trip to south Florida for my taste buds. None of this is spicey hot just big flavors.

Sorry so many of you have colds/flu....awfully early....hope that means you'll have inmunity for the rest of the winter!

hi Chewy...welcome...please do you have a real name????

Where's Lynn?

Cajun...Get anything?

Carol Sue...how is life at Patton Place?

Donna...Any more snow? Have you knit a bunting for the cat house?

Isabella...Time to check back in.....or we'll send Donna searching.

Marie...Dash says hi but he's in love with a tall gray lab now.

Watching funny BBC series....One Foot in the Grave. About guy retired and cranky. LOL....must send the Xmas sprecial up to DD. It was DH's life story. Including 263 full size granden gnones ordered by mistake. Oh and tonight is Call for the Midwife....wow....

Dash says he wants dinner NOW...BBL...k3
Yes I'll change it if I can it's Maria
Old 10-08-2012, 12:17 AM   #56  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen31 View Post
Chewysmom56, there's always room for one more at our table!! Pull up a chair and jump right in. Tell us about you and I know you will love being with this great group of Goldens!!
Oh you all are so wonderful greeting me! Where do I start? I'm married. He has 2 and I have 2 all grown kids. We just retired from the food concessions business. I just couldn't get it done while we were still doing that. My hubby and I started our journey in February this year and while I walked for 2 months my goal was to run. I started oh so slow in April and finally built up to a 22 minute straight run with no breaks. It's so hard being big and running!! Then I had to go to work for 2 months and everything went by the wayside. I had gone from 256 to 229 back to 236 as of a week ago. So the damage wasn't good but it could have been worse. My hubby gained back 17 lbs. So I'm back now and it has my full attention. In a couple of weeks I'll be traveling to San Francisco to see my brother who recently had a stroke cause by dehydration caused by food poisoning. He's doing ok and going to rehab soon. I have 2 Shih Tzu'z Bubbles who is 10 and Chewy who is 1 and 1/2 yrs old. I love trying new things and recently added Disc Golf to my list of things in an effort to get myself and my hubby out. I love food. Yes I do, I use Calorie King for my food journal and calorie counter. I refuse to eat fake food, my philosophy is if you can't pronounce it don't belong in your mouth. Real food. Real fresh, everyday. I try to make at least 75% of my own soup. Right now I'm worried about heading south. I love ethnic food and we have none where I live. NONE! Waaaaaaaa....I need all of your support!!!

Last edited by Chewysmom56; 10-08-2012 at 12:18 AM.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:04 AM   #57  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good morning all...busy like the rest of you. DH wanted pancakes for supper tonight and I thought otherwise. Not only very fattening but stinks up the house for the night. Plus I love bacon with it, do have sugar free syrup.
Marie/aka/chewy...the only real food I eat is butter. We get it from the creamery fresh from the cow and I could eat it with a spoon it's so delicious. But I use fat free sour cream, fat free cream cheese, fat free anything. I can make it taste just like the real thing. We have a large vegetable garden every year that gets frozen for the months ahead.
Visiting MIL yesterday brought on a huge temptation, they had a pumpkin bar that I couldn't stop thinking about. All the local churches take turns on Sunday afternoon serving all kinds of sweets. I asked for the recipe and don't think I can make it without the real ingredients. I can use fat free evaporated milk but can't substitute the 3/4 pound of butter. I might have to save the recipe for Thanksgiving.
Charlie has his big head resting on my arm while I'm trying to type this. He's telling me to get off the computer and feed him his breakfast.
Bye ya all.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:22 AM   #58  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good morning GG's,

Back to work today. I just kind of gorked away the whole weekend. Trying to rest up and feel better. The sore throat seems to be gone, the cough (that is mostly what bothered me this time around) seems to be better. I don't feel very peppy, but am hanging in there.

Hoping that the others of you that are not feeling well get better soon.

Welcome Maria. You'll like it here ~ wonderful group of ladies.

Ok, better go get dressed. Hello to everyone hope you all have a nice day.

Take care

Last edited by glynne; 10-08-2012 at 09:23 AM.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:15 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Hey goldies,

I'm back! Has the most wonderful weekend! Cold front came thru Friday night. Woke up to cool weather and an early morning phone call from ds in Wyoming. He said mom it's snowing !!!! He was excited. Said it was beautiful. Cold though. Dh and cousin squirrel hunted and got a few considering the wind was blowing. There are woods behind the house and they opened up a lane behind patio and put our corn for the deer. They came to eat and would pick up their heads and watch us. Pretty awesome. We built a fire and sat around enjoying. We rode to a winery to tour it but they has a band out on the lawn by the vineyards and were loads of people so we didn't stop we will do that next time we go. Eating wise was not so great. I ate things that I shouldn't have. Today I'm back on plan. I do so well on week days and weekend kill me. I weigh in on Tuesday mornings and that's not enough time to get the lbs off from weekends. Excuses excuses!!!!!

Carbi~ your exhausting me reading your post. Busy busy! I bet it's looking good though.

Bobbi~I think your yard is very pretty considering it's only dirt.

Rie~ I know how your feel about camping. We are starting up for the winter. It will be every weekend until the end of February. That cold bug got you too. Hope you feel better soon.

karenfl~did you get the cool weather yet? Congrats on your anniversary coming up. October 14 is the day I met my dh and we started dating. We were in high school. That was 35 years ago. Where did the time go. Karen I didn't hunt squirrel. My dh did. My cousin and I went shopping in antique ally. It was fun.

Karen31~ feeling any better? The cold bug is hitting early this year.

Chewy M~ welcome!!! These ladies are always here for me. They listen to me when I'm fussing crying complaining and happy.

Donna~ nothing like a lazy day relaxing when it's cold outside. When it's cold outside we're hunting.

Dee~ sorry to hear about your shoulder. Hoping it gets better soon.

Gayle~glad your feeling better. Geez so many of you are sick and it's early.

Hello to all I missed.

Hugs
Cajun
Old 10-08-2012, 12:54 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 245/241/140

Height: 5' 3"

Good Morning Goldies!
I finally got my DR painted. geez! I hurt in every muscle in my body. There is one wall that is above the stairs and I have a telescoping pole to put the roller on, but first I had to paint the corners because the roller doesn't get into the corners, so I TAPED a wide brush onto a regular painting pole and had to really stretch to reach those corners above the stairway. Groooaan! This morning I tore all the frog tape and paper off the mop boards and window, put the plates back on the plug-ins and light switches, put the ceiling light fixture back up and hung the curtains. AND, .......... I FORGOT TO TAKE PICS!
Saturday I went to the lumber company and had them cut 3 pieces of deck railing for me, but I can tell it's pretty wet yet, so I put it in my shed and I'm going to wait till next spring to take the old off and put the new on.
I've had a bad cold (or maybe allergies??) for several days, and I kind of slacked off working on most things Friday and Saturday, but yesterday I painted most of the day but took a break for a while to watch the football game.
Today I'm going to La Crosse, WI to a community garden and get a bunch of squash and late harvest vegetables to freeze. Do you gals always bake or cook your squash before freezing it?

Welcome Chewey!! I'm new here myself, and I really like these ladies. Very nice, there is understanding here and humor and really awesome recipes and lots of support.

Tomorrow I'll finish cleaning my dining room and get everything back into the room and hopefully freeze a bunch of vegetables.

Everyone have a great day! More later, ..... Carbie
Closed Thread