Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 06:40 PM   #211  

Height: 5'8.5"

Happy Birthday, Freda!!!
Old 12-11-2011, 07:21 PM   #212  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hi Again, I've been trying to remember the times that I have moved. Starting when I was 5 years old and moved from MO. to Colorado it has been a total of 25 times!!! WHEW!! And for a year during that time I worked for a moving and storage company!! Now we have number 26 coming up! This needs to be the last one--- I'm getting to old for this!!!
Old 12-11-2011, 09:10 PM   #213  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

I'm busy and sleepy. I'll be posting again when things slow down. I'll be popping in to read and say HI to everyone.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:52 AM   #214  

S/C/G: 185/174/169

Height: 5'8

Hi Girls,

Thought I'd pop in and say hi to everybody. Two of my kids are home from college, and the other one will return Wednesday for Christmas break, so it will be nice to have a full house again.

My older son is breaking my heart - he told me that he didn't complete any of his classes this quarter, and will have to retake them all. It's not that they were too hard, but he said he just stopped going to class. ?? He's a senior and I know that he's probably getting burned out, but he's only 2 quarters from graduation and he actually has a job waiting for him after he's done! It's so frustrating as it's out of my control and as a mom I just want to help him - but can't. He had been diagnosed with depression 6 months ago but seemed to be doing better on the meds they gave him. I just don't know what to do... and need some advice.

Have a good day
Old 12-12-2011, 10:15 AM   #215  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hi Webwoman ~ so sorry for what is happening with your son. I do not have any words of wisdom, but wanted you to know you are not alone. My son did a similar thing ~ HS though instead of college. He was 3 months away from graduation and stopped going. He was also having depression. He wouldn't take the meds. No matter what I tried, or what I said or did, I could not get him to go. I probably shouldn't have, but I just gave up ~ I felt like he had to want it too. To this day he regrets his decision. He talks about getting his GED, but hasn't yet.

Hello to everyone else ~ hope you have a nice day.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:42 AM   #216  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Crazy-busy weekend, and it seems like everybody else has been busy as well. So far, though, I've done pretty well with staying on plan with my eating. Not great with exercise, but DH & I found a Qi Gong class starting in January that we're both signing up for. Tuesday and Thursday nights for 12 weeks. That ought to be long enough so that we'll learn how to do it on our own and can continue it without the ongoing classes. (I hope)

Well, the tree's up, I've got a good big chunk of my Christmas shopping done, and I'm feeling like I'm on top of things - or as on top of things as I'm capable of being.

Have a great week, GG's!

Z

Old 12-12-2011, 12:58 PM   #217  
Isabella

MY POST WAS SWALLOWED UP!!!! YES, I'M YELLING!!!

"It's the most wonderful hectic time of the year..." let's all sing together 1, 2, 3...

OK, here I go again. I'm trying to be good with eating. (No one wants to be on the naughty list this time of year. ) There's just so much food around. I don't know about the rest of you, but in Newfoundland a celebration isn't worth it's salt unless there's a truckload of food weighing down a table. I don't drink (alcohol) so there's no temptation there, but the food...

I haven't been on my bike since Friday, but I've been very busy decorating the church and church hall. Lots of ups and downs doing that, but it isn't the same as regimented exercise. And, if I had a gun (I don't do guns, either) I'd shoot my right foot off. What a pain it is, or I should say what pain I'm in. I really need a shot of cortisone in the heel but past experience leads me to shy away from that almost unbearable pain. But....we'll see.

I'm taking a breather before I start "working" again. Today my friend and I put together 27 fruit baskets for the seniors and shut-ins that attend or are friends of church members. We just have to put in the apples.There were none at the grocery store (the one's on sale, that is) until this afternoon. So as soon as the apples are here, in they go and then well put on the bows and name tags and deliver as many as we can this afternoon before supper.

Hi, WebWoman, so sorry about your son. Depression is an awful illness. My father suffered with it for years. I remember when I finished college with my teaching degree I was so burned out from working and studying I swore I'd never enter a classroom as a student again. It took me 15 years to go back to school to take 2 classes that gave me a raise in pay. I let it go for that long. Hopefully, your son will let reason overtake feelings and finish off his senior year. Maybe after a rest during the Christmas break he'll be rearing to go at it again.

Donna, that no bake fruit cake should taste really good, graham cracker crumbs and sweetened condensed milk make a tasty combination.

Smiles and waves to everyone else.

Gotta run, my friend is here to start the rat race again.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:13 PM   #218  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello Goldens!

Grrrr. My post is gone..... (When will I ever learn to use WORD first ) Anyway, my few stolen moments have passed and I will not get back to personals today.....

My pain is pretty bad but I have an appointment tomorrow afternoon to get it taken care of (dreaddddddd, ouch) but I have a very important board meeting at noon tomorrow so I must wait til after then.

Sorry I can't get back to personals. Just the following: to Webwoman. Depression is another illness - like diabetes, heart disease, etc. treat your son with love, kindness, encourage him to make good choices, and then accept the fact that you can't solve this for him. Feel free to PM me if you like - I have been there with my youngest ds.

To everyone else: in this busy season, let us let go of guilt when we don't have time for personals..... speaking for myself, I would rather hear about your day. The GG's is a place of support - not another obligation in the season of obligation for women.....

See you all later!

Rie
Old 12-12-2011, 05:05 PM   #219  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

I'm going to apologize with the rest of you who have no time to do personals, sorry. We're all just too busy, I'm glad someone was on the ball to check the birthdays or I wouldn't have known it was Freda's b'day. Today I made some homemade caramel corn, turned out awesome. Now to save it for our buffet table for Christmas. A recipe for "Grandma's Peach French Toast" popped up on my emails, I have it in the oven for supper. I used canned no sugar peaches to cut down on the calories. Christmas shopping is all finished except for two grandson ornaments I have to pick up. That's all I have time for, the lights went out on my wreath outside, need to get a new string on it.
Lynn...After having 13 spider solitaire games won in a row, I lost the 14th game. I went back and re-played too, didn't have the patience to keep at it. I won game 15, 16,17,18,19. You asked if all games could be won? I think so! One thing I do differently is this: say you have (1) 5 of hearts and (2) 4 of hearts. I try the first 4 of hearts and if that doesn't expose underneath a card I can play, I click on 'undo', pick the other 4 of hearts. I can't seem to lose playing this way.
Later Gators!
Old 12-12-2011, 07:57 PM   #220  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Howdy...gesh I dressed this morning in the dark.Luck me, I stopped in the bathroom before I left....my sweater/vest was inside out.Yup the dotty old lady is here again!

DH went to the doctors first thing this am so I'd didn't call. Turns out he was surprised at the 4 tab order....gave Dh the corrected Rx and Dh even stopped and got it filled sooooo am back on track. Cured or tendons popping.

Betcha a dozen people commented on my shrimp/tomato arrangement. It was beautiful for sure.

Web...I am so sorry your son is struggling with depression. You can only be supportive and hope with meds he can adjust to what has to be done. It's so hard to see one of our kids struggle so. Come here and talk it out....surprisingly that help and gives you courage to go on being supportive. We're always here for you.

Bobbie....please send me just one caramel....I'd dive in in drown ina bowl full. OKay what's the peach french toast recipe? I'm now drooling.

I go out and order all the fruit boxes to be shipped north and Dh gets all the phone calls thanking him....Think after 53 yrs I'd learn. Next year will sign card just from me....ha I talk the talk but it won't walk.

Did I tell you hire new cleaning girls? They start Thursday. Linda said she pArked the cAr....I asked where they were from and she says Hernando(local town) i burst out laughing they are from Cape Cod.

I was having what I consided a bad day today and feeling short of breath, then sat down with a lady who was really short of breath...kicked self in myself pity and got rocking.

Need to reefill my Kindle....they make it so easy to download and doesn't feel like money since it goes thru paypal. Any suggestions?

just me the dotty one...k3

ps hard time saving this. Lost it twice...what's up?

Last edited by Karen3; 12-12-2011 at 10:56 PM.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:50 PM   #221  
Isabella

Karen3, you're not alone with wearing clothes inside-out. Two weeks ago I spent the whole day in an inside-out sweater, even went to church in it. I didn't realize it until about 8 pm that night. LOL
Old 12-12-2011, 09:40 PM   #222  

Height: 5'8.5"

Same here about the personals. I love it when people do them but I just don't have the time myself. I so enjoy reading all your posts though
Old 12-12-2011, 09:44 PM   #223  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Karen FL, no cracked mirrors but Kai did howl in delight at Dash’s whistle. I’m pretty sure she heard it and knew it was for her. I love the dr. bag gift! Ask your new cleaning ladies to get your decorations from the attic. I worry about you.

Mary, not only good grandma but pained grandma. We stood in line for Santa for an hour. DGD is 16 pounds and DIL is 5 months pregnant. We both forgot the stroller. It was painful but worth it.

Rosey, interesting GB rule not to drink liquids while eating. Why is that?

WebWoman, on the DS problem. I agree with the advice given. Let him find his way but make sure he knows you’re in his corner. Not so easy, though, when you see the right direction to go.

Wholy moly, Zoe signed up for an exercise class. Oh my heart – I think I’m having a heart attack!

Isabella, copy and paste from word. I’m typing in word and never close the doc until 3FC has posted my response. It’s so frustrating to chat and have a computer eat your words. I admire all your good works. You are a wonder!

Rie, ditto on the post to Isabella. You’re a wonder and giving person. And I admire your work as well.

Bobbi, DH makes the best caramel corn. He and DGS made some on Thanksgiving weekend. It’s gone. He ate it. Not me. Yay me! It is so good but I resisted.

DH and I finished all the Christmas stained glass. I’m doing some work from home because I emailed in sick. My back was killing me from yesterday and work wasn’t going to help. Tomorrow is dr. appts over the mountain. Oh such fun.
Marie

Old 12-12-2011, 10:12 PM   #224  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good evening GG’s,

Yippee ~ day off tomorrow. The last couple days haven’t been too bad. It kind of goes in spurts. We’ll have a stretch of days that aren’t too bad, then a stretch of crummy days. Sure do enjoy the better ones.

I was gonna try to get some of my errands done tonight on my way home, so I would be ahead of the game tomorrow, but things didn’t work out as I had hoped. Oh well. Gotta be flexible.

Meso lost a tooth over the weekend. A few days back, I thought she had a tooth that didn’t look right, but she wouldn’t cooperate to let me look at it. I got a text from DH at work yesterday that she was going through all kind of gyrations with her mouth and trouble with a tooth. He said he thought we would have to help her when I got home. Thankfully, she kept at it until she took care of the problem herself. We gave her some soft food and she seems to be doing just fine.

Wonder how Carol Sue is doing ~ she had her operation the other day I think.

Thank you Val ~ what you said about letting go of the guilt (because of not being able to keep up with the personals right now).

Hope you all are doing well, feeling better, pains better and all. Rest well tonight.

Take care
Old 12-12-2011, 10:48 PM   #225  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Just a quick note to say DH and I are done making the stained glass Christmas gifts. Too bad Blizzie won't enjoy the money we were going to spend on gifts for the surgery. I doubt she'll appreciate her "gift". But they are done and now DH has to figure out how to pack them. He's gotten quite adept at making boxes to pack stained glass. Here's a link for the pictures...
Marie
Closed Thread