Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 10:47 PM   #346  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

I just tried it again and it worked this time!!! it must be the 3fc gods!!!
Old 12-22-2011, 11:23 PM   #347  

Default Hello Ladies!

I'm new to this board and I'm getting ready to get back on the weight loss train as soon as Christmas is over so thought I'd stop by to join you all since I'm 55 and not getting any thinner with time <lol>
Rie From your stats you started about the same weight I am can you tell me how you lost all that weight and how long it's taken. I'd love to know!

Happy Holidays Everyone
Old 12-23-2011, 09:26 AM   #348  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Welcome gemi2. Jump right in and chat.

I'm in a big rush today but I took time to read all the posts but just can't do personals right now. Hope everyone is doing well.

Freda just wanted to send prayers your way as your DH and family goes through such a trying time.

Must clean up the house and dust off the dining room table. Have had it set so long it needs dusting. LOL

Hopefully, I'll make it back sometime the weekend.

Have a joyous and happy Christmas.
Old 12-23-2011, 12:37 PM   #349  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi KarenMO, 3Fc has been an interesting site for hit and miss lately whether it's in the mood to work. I left my hair styled from yesterday for work today. I put on my santa hat and the curls look so cute.

Gemi, welcome aboard. It's amazing how wishing the weight away doesn't work. I tried that for about 45 years and only calorie counting made me successful. I'd lost 77 pounds over 18 months by calorie counting and exercising. Then I stopped logging my food and two years later I had regained 20 pounds. Thankfully I've lost 4 of those pounds since Thanksgiving. The remaining 16 are going bye-bye.

Isabella, what the heck are you going to do after the holidays. Since you returned to 3FC you've been a woman possessed by holiday cheer and volunteering (wish I admire so much!!!!) You're going to be bored, bored, bored.

I'm at work and today I'm bringing the Toys for Tots gifts our district has donated to the Marine Corp center. This is the second year I've requested donations and that I'd play delivery person. I'd planned to take a picture of all the toys and post them on our district site and "look at the schools giving to children" type of thing and my co-worker took the damn camera home for the holidays. I don't believe it is his! So I have a choice between my iPhone, iPad or the digital video camera. I'm pissed (as you can tell). My hope was to shame those that didn't give and then use it next year to promote giving even more. I know, I'm manipulative. I'll post the link once I get it figured out. I'm thinking the video camera and the still setting. Grrrrrr.....

Lost another pound. Gonna change my ticker. When the regain is gone, I will post the real numbers from where I began but at this point I only care about getting rid of the regain. Past losses don't mean squat if I don't maintain.
Marie
Old 12-23-2011, 05:07 PM   #350  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello Goldens!

Well, it is the day before the day before! I have wrapped most of my presents – ok I have a couple left. Wrapping is a big deal to me – a pleasure. I spend about 45 minutes per package on the gifts for my loved ones.

I am finishing up some sugared spiced nuts for my dad because when I was wrapping I didn’t feel that I had enough for him. He really likes home-made presents. I think he appreciates the gesture and time involved. I made them with brown sugar splenda blend.

This week I have joined some of my friends in Random acts of kindness. I have paid for coffee for the person in line behind me, walked over and filled the gas tank of an elderly woman’s car, gave out dollar bills to little kids that I have encountered, tipped the servers at the pool hall each $20, and let a harried young mother go in front of me at the checkout at the grocery store. It has made me feel really good.

Tonight I am taking Mom, Dad and dgs to drive around and look at Christmas lights. We do it every year and it is fun. I am looking forward to it. Ds made a run to two different grocery stores and got all the supplies and food I need for the next couple of days. Whew, it is so nice to have someone else do that! He said the crowds were really bad.

I have been managing to have small tastes of treats here and there and stay within my calorie limits. I keep trying to tell myself that this MUST be a lifestyle and not a diet. My weight is slowly dropping down toward where it was before I got the cortisone shot. My scale arrived and I have been getting used to having a scale in my house after many years. I am trying to learn how that number fluctuates. Hey, I have subdued my diabetes – I can subdue my weight, too, right?

Marie, I would be so mad at your coworker! I hope you find a way to get the picture done. I was in the midst of the knee thing and didn’t get to see the stuff we raised earlier in the month. We always publish a picture in the regional pool newspaper to “encourage” others

Hello Gemi! I started this journey about 14 months ago. Basically, I eat very moderate (one small serving) of carbs at lunch and supper, small portions of lean proteins, and as many green veggies as I want. I also exercise, starting at 20 minutes and working up to longer periods now. I average about 10 hours per week of walking or aerobics. Welcome! Join us!

Mary, I know that you will find your way to eating habits that will work for you. If you can take care of your bs, the rest will probably follow. Your menus for Christmas sound lovely. I also have an artificial tree. I could never seem to get the darn thing out of the house without pine needles everywhere. I also notice that my nose isn’t stuffy at Christmas anymore.

Donna, OUCH! I worry about you darling! Ice is so tricky. Ice is the only thing that makes me feel “old”. I worry about falling… So proud of you for the stretching routine and I am glad that it is paying off.

Karenmo, So are you packing or are you going to wait until next week? That was a really nice picture of Mike. I have been so frustrated with the 3fc site these days. I miss you guys when I can’t get on here!

Isabella, I also admire your efforts for others. It feels good doesn’t it? Enjoy your weekend.

Carol, how are you feeling? Don’t worry about your house! No-one cares. Your recovery is the most important thing.

Rosey, doggies everywhere are jealous of your doggies! I love the idea of you celebrating up there in Alaska and I think of you often.

Bobbi, I seem to be able to deal with the vagaries of this site better on my desktop than on my laptop. Weird. I just don’t want to download a new browser but I may have to – just for 3fc. I hope you have a great holiday. Didn’t you say that you guys just have appetizers and munch all day? Yum

Zoe, I hope that your absence here is a combination of 3fc frustration and the enjoyment of all those beautiful children and grandchildren that you have in your family. Wishing you and yours a wonderful weekend.

Chickadee, you have been doing so well with your eating that it is hard to watch others make poor choices. I watched one of my employees eating a very large bowl of pasta salad while he asked me for advice about managing his blood sugar. I feel like I can only manage myself but I do worry about folks who continue to make bad choices.

Freda, I am thinking of you and your family. I hope that they are able to keep BIL relatively comfortable.

Karenfl, I hope you are having a good weekend and are able to get on here to say hi.

I will try to check in tomorrow. Being a part of the Golden Girls has been a real blessing in my life this year. Love and peace to you all.

Rie
Old 12-24-2011, 12:49 AM   #351  

S/C/G: 250/142/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey GGs,
Right now I feel like one of those “friends” that you never hear from until they need something. I’ve been busy getting all ready for Christmas, & haven’t even bothered to take the time to check in & see what all of you are doing. And now here I am, back, when I need something. But…… I sort of feel like my world is falling apart, & I’m hoping talking with y’all will make me feel a little better. I found out Fri. morning that my SO is interested in another woman, someone from work. And, it looks like we’ll be splitting up, but we haven’t worked out any details yet. Even though we’re not married, our finances are all tied up together. And, I can’t live on the small income I get from my two rental mobile homes, so I will have to find a job, soon! I really did not see this coming, & I think I’m sort of in shock right now.

My friends & family, & my SO’s daughter & stepson are all as shocked as I am. We all (including his kids) think he’s an idiot & a jerk, but that’s not a whole lot of consolation right now. (Maybe it was dirty of me to immediately inform everyone, & turn them against SO, but I felt like I needed all the support I could get.) And, surprisingly, DSD seems almost more upset than me, & is very mad at her father.

The last few years, anytime I had a nightmare, it was always that my SO had left me. Then I’d wake up & realize he was still here, & that everything was ok. Now I’m living in my nightmare, & there’s no waking up. Since everything is all planned for having Christmas dinner here, & most of the food is already prepared, the show will go on. After that, who knows - I’ll just have to take this one day at a time.

NCNancy
Old 12-24-2011, 08:12 AM   #352  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Nancy - I am very sorry to hear of your impending break-up. This is very hard to deal with, especially around the holidays. You know you can come here and vent with us anytime. Just don't burn any bridges. Even though you aren't married on a piece of paper, your relationship is similar to a marriage. I don't want to give you false hope, but it's possible that this is like a mid-life crisis. The grass looks greener ....etc but in time he may see that it's not really what he wants. Office romances don't usually pan out. Also, the holidays have a way of making things seem more romantic. It just might not be what it seems.

Otherwise, go on as usual. Don't kiss his butt, but have your holiday celebration as if nothing is wrong. If this does end up being a permanant break up, you will get through it. You have family to help you and they care about you and so do we.

Chickadee - There will always be people like the guy at work who is causing his own problems with his bad eating habits. You are setting an example which is the best thing you can do. I am a carboholic, so I understand how he feels, but I do notice a drop in my blood sugar when I'm diligent. I like whole grain, but dh doesn't, and I don't buy it just for me. When I eat bread, it is usually white bread, but I try to limit it. Such as, a sandwich is made on a slice of white bread cut in half instead of a bun.

Donna - Yum, grilled cheese and tomato soup. A favorite winter meal for me. Right now they have me on a low fiber/high carb diet and I think I will take advantage of that and have a grilled cheese for lunch today! Hopefully I can get back to my usual eating after the new year.

You are right about how the weight seems to slip back on, much easier than it came off. It will be up to me to make sure that doesn't happen. When I was starting through this surgery process I made a promise that if I got through this successfully I would get serious about losing the rest of this weight and being healthy. I need to find a way to keep reminding myself of that promise.

Maryea - You did very good on your diet, but when you follow a set diet plan that eliminates certain foods, you always run the chance of gaining once you go back to regular eating. At least you were able to stick with it. I can never stick with a plan like that. I end up eating something that's not on the diet and fall off the wagon. I can only lose by eating any and all foods in moderation and watching portion sizes. I lose slowly, but I rarely binge because I am not feeling deprived of any food. Right now I really could go for some of that home-made bread you made! LOL

Marie - I hope you doggie is alright. That must have been scary. We had a dog who used to have seizures. I like your hair! Very pretty! I have curly hair and I always try to get some of the curl out. I bought one of those rotating irons. It was $99 but I had a 30% off coupon from Kohls so I got it at a good price. But I can't use it. Never thought of this, but because I am left handed, when I hold it with my left hand the barrel rotates upward instead of downward. When they show it on TV, someone else is styling your hair, so it works for them. But it's so heavy, it's too awkward to try to hold it in my right hand. Someday I will give it another try, but I will probably end up giving it to my step-daughter. I might look into one of those rotating styler/dryers.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 12-24-2011 at 08:16 AM.
Old 12-24-2011, 08:50 AM   #353  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Nancy ~ So sorry to hear about the troubles with your SO. Don't even worry about coming here to vent. You are one of us and we care about you and are here for you.
Old 12-24-2011, 09:35 AM   #354  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning GG's,

Nancy. I'm sorry you're goign through such a hard time. This time of year is supposed to be so happy, but it's terribly stressful anywat. I agree with Carol, it might just be a "fling". Office romances seldom work. You get the good without finding out about the bad. He may be very sorry, very soon. In the mean time, he is a louse for putting you through this. I vote we all come up and "shake some sense into him".

My BIL passed away Friday morning. He was in Hospice at home. We were there untill they called all the family in to say goodby, left around 6 in the morning. Came home and slept awhile. I'm still tired. Stress probably. Very bad family situtation. He had a little dog and it was so sad watching her. They had gotten her a new toy for Christmas and gave it to her. She unwrapped it and took it to show to him. She laid down beside him and put her head on his hand. It was heart breaking.

We celebrate on Christmas Eve, and I have to work tomorrow, So wanted to Wish each and every one of you a Merry Christmas. You are all very special people and I thank God for bringing you into my life.

Freda
Old 12-24-2011, 09:46 AM   #355  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

This site is so irritating, I have a hard time reading the post, just skimming over them takes forever with that stupid hour glass and hard time scrolling. Marie...you first suggested using foxfire for here only and google chrome for everything else. After Christmas you'll have to tell me how to use both. I thought you could only have one browser? I'm so tired of this, it just started happening a few days ago.Donna and Val, do you both use two browsers also?

Quote:
Bobbi, I seem to be able to deal with the vagaries of this site better on my desktop than on my laptop. Weird. I just don’t want to download a new browser but I may have to – just for 3fc. I hope you have a great holiday. Didn’t you say that you guys just have appetizers and munch all day? Yum
Quote:
Bobbi – I had some trouble with the script error on this site, on the work computer (IE), but I downloaded Firefox today. It was too busy to see if that took care of it, but it should. I don’t know what to say about the jumping around. I seem to remember that happening with my PC, but I can’t remember what I did to correct it! Computers are so annoying! When I
Old 12-24-2011, 10:21 AM   #356  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Ho Ho Ho, KarenMo...I just watched your video via email on returning junk mail in prepaid envelopes. I've been doing that for years! Andy Rooney on 60 minutes told everyone to stuff as much junk mail as they can get into the prepaid envelopes and send it back. I do. In the video the guy goes one step higher by placing a wood board in it, this is too funny. The more weight, the more it cost the credit card companies. Maybe they'll stop sending all that junk mail if they get enough back.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:09 AM   #357  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All...

Beautiful (but REALLY cold) morning here! I just had a fine time chatting with CK on FB, so I'm in a good mood! I have everything ready to go for tonight's gathering except for two wee presents to wrap. Yea! I can gork with a clear conscience today (as if that ever stopped me!).

Bobbi - I've always used two browsers, only because I'm so lazy. I use one so that I don't have to sign in and out of my email accounts (one is business, one is personal), so I use IE strictly for the business email, and I close the browser when I'm finished. Everything else I do is run through Firefox. I don't think there's any problem with two.

Marie - is it a problem to run both browsers at the same time? Do they fight each other like the multiple anti-virus programs do?

Nancy - I'm so sorry to hear about your SO troubles... but may I please caution you to calm down for a minute? Until you know exactly what is going on, you'll gain nothing by going to his friends and family about it. If it's just a suspicion and not a truth, you could totally ruin what you have with him. That being said, if it turns out to be true, we're here for you, always.

I hope everyone is calm and serene and unfrazzled. Remember, these next two days are TOTALLY CALORIE FREE, so just enjoy your friends and family! Monday, we'll be back on the treadmill (so to speak!).

I love you all! Have a wonderful holiday!
Old 12-24-2011, 12:35 PM   #358  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello Goldens!

I worked out this morning and had a good breakfast. DS and Dgs are off to the ex inlaws for their day/evening. Tonight my family goes out to dinner and then we have the extended family gathering tomorrow. I am making creme brule and a really decadent chocolate truffle torte today. I enjoy having this day to myself to get things done and relax. I remember, though, in the early years after my divorce that I sure felt sorry for myself after my kids left.

Nancy I am so sorry about your current troubles. You can always come here for support and help. Try to take it slow right now. There is a solution.

Bobbi, I only have IE but my desktop is a much more powerful computer. I get the script error message but it never freezes like my laptop.

Donna, I will have to get the video chat on FB thing going. You guys can be horrified at my non-madeup face in the new year.

Freda, I am so sorry about BIL. The story of his dog was sweet and sad. Poor little thing. I hope your family finds a way to enjoy the holiday and I hope you have a good day at work. Bless you and ALL the people in the world who work on holidays... caring and protecting the rest of us.

I need to get moving but I just want to say that you all mean so much to me and this site has been such a big part of my journey. Love and hugs to you all. Enjoy the season!!!!

Rie
Old 12-24-2011, 02:01 PM   #359  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Freda - I'm so sorry about your BIL! I hope he's at rest now. Where will the little puppy live?

Rie - I was telling my friend about how scary it is to see myself on the video FB chat... and she said "WHY are you doing that????????". I had no good answer and so I'm not going to do it, anymore! Feel free to join me, if you'd like!

Last edited by jess1; 12-24-2011 at 02:02 PM.
Old 12-24-2011, 04:06 PM   #360  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Nancy, I am so sorry you are going through this. I don't know how long you and SO have been together but if it's been long enough to be a common law marriage, do not let your legal options go away. If it is what you're believing, contact a lawyer to protect your interests.
Marie
Closed Thread