Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 03:14 PM   #151  

Height: 5'3"

Jess - we don't know yet about the remainder of what's owed. some people do have to pay, some don't, some have to pay a portion only. right now we are not even approved for short sale. Just sent over our income/expenses AGAIN and know looking at it they may not approve but am still hoping they will. I have pled our cause, that's all I can do.

To the person who asked where the house is, it is about an hour SE of Phoenix in Maricopa, depends on traffic.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:45 PM   #152  

Are you a morning or night person? Evening
Which do you prefer, sweet or salty foods? both, one after the other
What was your favorite childhood television program? Didn't get TV til I was 12 and very few channels then. Think there was a detective show I watched now and then. Later I liked the Ed Sullivan show, Milton Berle, The Top 10 (music, do I have the name right?
What is your favorite television program now? Several, mostly police type drama and a few reality shows. I really look forward to Survivor
Are you a collector of anything? books, recipes
If you could be any animal, what would you be? One of the GG's dogs! They are pampered!
If you could have any superpower, what would it be? To enable every child to have a good start in life
What is usually your first thought when you wake up? Thank you Lord for another day.
What do you usually think about right before falling asleep? Thank you Lord that you're in ultimate control!
What's your favorite color? Blue
What's your favorite animal? dog
Do you believe in extraterrestrials or life on other planets? Don't know, have open mind
Do you believe in ghosts? I believe in spirits but not of those who have died coming back
Ever been addicted to a video/computer game? Which one(s)? Rarely play games but occasionaly will play majong or solitare on my phone and find it hard to stop.
You're given 1 million dollars, what do you spend it on? After the tithe, I'd pay off house in AZ, fix up or buy new house up here, help out kids, travel and give to needy individuals and worthy organizations.
Have any bad habits? If I don't keep my fingernails nicely manicured, I will pick and nibble as they get dry and thin on the edges.
Which bad habits, if any, drive you crazy? Others you mean right? blowing nose when I'm eating, picking nose (the worst!), biting nails, cracking knuckles
List 3 of your best personality traits: trusting, loving, truthful, conscientious
List 3 of your worst personality traits: sometimes too impatient, expect too much of others. Complain a lot sometimes
Have any celebrity crushes? no
List 1 thing you wish you could change about yourself: That I would think more before I speak, not be so blunt ...I am getting better though!
Any tattoos or piercings? ears
What's the first thing you notice in the opposite sex? eyes, mouth, shoulders, arms, wrists, hands ...need I continue? The whole package I guess!
What personality traits do you look for in a partner? compassion, commitment, faithfulness, not too selfish
What personality traits do you dislike in other people? meaness, lying
Are you mostly a clean or messy person? in between
If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live? right where I am
If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go? many places but I'd esp like to visit Israel, China and Europe
List 3 goals on your life's to-do list: 1. Be the best wife/mother/grandma I can be 2. give more 3. travel more
Name 1 regret you have: many, wish I'd been more gentle and patient
Name 1 thing you miss about being a kid: nothing
Name 1 thing you love about being an adult: I feel more and more comfortable in my own skin
What's your favorite song of the moment? When God Ran
What's your favorite song of all time? Amazing Grace cause it says it all
What's your favorite thing to do on a Saturday night? Spend time with my dh, watching movie or TV and snacking
What's your favorite thing to do on a Sunday afternoon? Eating out then puttering around house with dh.
Have any hidden talents? If I do they are hidden from me!
You're about to walk the green mile, what do you have as your last meal? A really good pizza and ice cream maybe, or maybe a good steak and baked potato with all the trimmings! I don't know, doubt I'd care much at that time.
What would be your dream job? Working for myself online
Which would you rather have, 100 million dollars or true love? true love
If you could have 3 wishes granted, what would they be? 1. For dh to have several more strong healthy years, 2. that my children would all be ok in every way 3. that I can lose this extra weight and stay healthy
Name 1 thing not many people know about you: I have a son in Heaven but I think I did mention that once on this forum.
Do you believe in the afterlife? Yes, definitely, no doubt about it!
_____

Last edited by maryea; 12-08-2011 at 05:28 PM.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:32 PM   #153  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slmn11 View Post
Zoe and Maryea - I think it was you two who were talking about mixed race couples. Did you hear about the church in KY that voted to ban mixed race couples from joining their congregation? I was just amazed! That is like something from the 1950's! And especially a church, which is the house of God. How could they be christians and feel that way? Well, it ended up that the minister said they were not allowed to do anything that was against the law, and this is definately discrimination and not permitted. So now they say they accept all members regardless of race. If it were me, I would know that those people still felt that way and I wouldn't want to attend their so called church! It seemed that they didn't care if people of different races attended, as long as they were not a mixed race couple.
Yes I think I did hear a little about that. That's amazing in this day and age! My family did not approve of my marrying Joe at the time but they were never mean to him and they grew to accept and love him quickly. I honestly don't think they even notice he is brown anymore! LOL
Old 12-08-2011, 05:36 PM   #154  

Still trying to read all the posts and notice I missed one of your questions, Jess...yes if we don't have to pay the remainder, we will have to show it on our tax form as income. We pay every year anyway but that would really hurt! Of course the IRS does take payments ..with interest of course.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:39 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Evening all...Computer is running slow and clungy. Yeah I know Marie not at correct term. I want to give it 2 asprin and come back tomorrow.

Busy day and feel like I got nothing done. Taking DH for therapy takes a big chunk out of an afternoon. It is unbelievable but he has 100% more range of motion now and wants his left arm done,too. Surgeon said he had to wait at least 6 months.

Just talked to DD. She has been trying so hard to get her BS down. It was 190+ at the doctor's office Monday. She swore she has not cheated and has lost around 18lbs. Anyway her A1s came in today at 8.02 down from 11 and gesh below 7 and she'll be back to prediabetic. She'd be dancing the happy dance, but now has an abessed tooth. Doubt she is in a holiday spirit. OH with new meds BS was 152 this am!

I went to my GP and got a new antibiotic. Funny to read the possible side effects. This pops tendons even weeks after dose. DH tells me I can't run. awwwh shucks.

UHHO lights are blinking.....am off before I lose this too.....palm finds hitting the powerlines......k3
Old 12-08-2011, 05:44 PM   #156  

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredone View Post
Just a quick "HI" to everyone before I start the banana bread for the "children." I have just a few things to say about my body and here they are:

My body misunderstood what I said about 20 years ago. It thought I said I was moving South. I didn't. I stayed North where everything on top is turning white. My body moved South and stayed there, liking the warmth. But my boobs decided to take opposite vacations and one went East and the other went West--they only get together when forced into the same bra.

Carol Sue, all the best as you undergo surgery. Get well soon and come back to us.

I'll be home tomorrow. Long trip on the road and it's supposed to rain but it will be warm and mild for this time of year. (11 degrees Celcius)
LOL Love your posts. Missed your boob story the first time around...I can definitely relate!

Last edited by maryea; 12-08-2011 at 05:45 PM.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:11 PM   #157  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Hi All!

It went really well cooking with the kids today and it was a good time. However, I am seriously off plan Planning a long workout in the morning and lots of water.

Be back tomorrow

Rie
Old 12-09-2011, 12:05 AM   #158  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi all, I can’t even fathom how to get caught up again but I’ll give it a shot. Today was a nasty, evil work day but I did leave work in the early afternoon to go to my DGS’s school and his holiday concert. Nothing cuter than KG through 2nd graders singing mightily. I was grinning ear to ear. Especially since my boy was so into the concert. Then I went back to work and got irritated once again. Co-worker is really making me mad. Came home and told my DH that I wanted real peppermint schnapps in my iced mocha (no flavoring for that one) and if drank it all he was going to the store to buy more. Since I don’t normally drink, he was a little taken back. So now I’m happy again.

Blizzie’s biopsy came back and she has a self-contained cancerous tumor. The vet said they “normally” don’t see that type spread. She’s having surgery a week from tomorrow to remove the tumor. Hopefully that will be the end of that problem. I’m worried about the actual surgery as she is nearly 11 years old.

Rie,

Mary, LOL on the body deteriorating mode of getting a new one every 20 years. I like the idea. When you get that to work, make it free.

Jess and Mary, what type of stretch are you doing for your hips? My right hip is getting painful and I’ve been using pain relievers. If you tell me a stretch, I will spend the whole 3 minutes on stretching.

Nancy, I’m thinking of you and your little niece angel. That is so sad.

Carol Sue, you’re on my prayer list tomorrow. Heal quickly. I totally agree that I wouldn’t want to join that church either. Mighty bigoted of them.

Lynn, I hope you’re feeling better today. You’ve had that cold for a while now.

Misti, it’s a prolific thread and can feel overwhelming at hectic times. But it’s so worth taking the time to chat with the Golden Girls.

Gayle, I’m glad that the drive to the airport didn’t upset you. The toll road is worth it if you felt safe. Deductibles are way more than $2.50 (not to mention insurance premium increases).

Zoe, you’ll never be Cruella. You’d never skin Dalmatian puppies. I have this thought that everyone harbors nasty thoughts, that it is just natural. If I’m wrong, chart me up to being mean. We’ll call me Darth. A mean Sith. BTW, I hate Star Wars, but my jeep is named Darth and I love it so I came up with an evil character I love in my own way.

Donna, my co-worker always says to people “Have a wonderful day” if she really means “Bless your heart”. So I mentioned the “bless your heart” and she now says to people that have annoyed her “Bless your heart and you have a wonderful day”. We both laugh and enjoy the double meaning and double slam. Kai sends her love to SamCat and thinks that SamCat had the life last week spending the time snuggled with you all day. Kai want me to get a cold. Her blue eyes had turned green.

Connie, congrats on the granddaughter. How awesome your DS and wife now have three children.

Isabella, LOL at the North South – East West clarification. You’re girls have a mind of their own. I hope your drive home was safe.

KarenFL, did I see a grin on your face as you typed you’d read in the car while they pummeled your DH? Naughty-naughty. You’ll have to join Cruella and Darth in GG land.

OK, I’m not going to make it to the end of yesterday’s posts and I’m thinking you all chatted today. So I’m going to post this and start at 6:35 pm yesterday (Freda’s post) and start again tomorrow. It’s bed time.
Marie
Old 12-09-2011, 10:04 AM   #159  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Just finished making a 100 pasta salads on a stick....shower and out of here by 10:45,,,k3
Old 12-09-2011, 10:39 AM   #160  

Height: 5'1"

Are you a morning or night person? morning
Which do you prefer, sweet or salty foods? yes
What was your favorite childhood television program?dark shadows
What is your favorite television program now? walking dead
Are you a collector of anything? depression glass, old jewelry
If you could be any animal, what would you be? one of my dogs, or maybe Marie's or Karen's or any of the other GG's.
If you could have any superpower, what would it be? healing
What is usually your first thought when you wake up? what do I have to do today, and thank you God, for another day
What do you usually think about right before falling asleep? I have a hard time sleeping. I usually read untill I fall asleep
What's your favorite color? green
What's your favorite animal? I love them all
Do you believe in extraterrestrials or life on other planets? Maybe
Do you believe in ghosts? yes
Ever been addicted to a video/computer game? Which one(s)? no
You're given 1 million dollars, what do you spend it on? I have a very large family
Have any bad habits? too many to name. I guess I don't trust people untill I know them well
Which bad habits, if any, drive you crazy? I hate it when people are late.
List 3 of your best personality traits: loyalty, kindness, supportive
List 3 of your worst personality traits: I don't trust easily, too outspoken, too honest sometimes. if you don't want to hear the truth, don't ask me.
Have any celebrity crushes? Tom Selleck
List 1 thing you wish you could change about yourself: height
Any tattoos or piercing? 2 in each ear
What's the first thing you notice in the opposite sex? just a general impression of the whole person
What personality traits do you look for in a partner? honesty and humor
What personality traits do you dislike in other people? dishonesty
Are you mostly a clean or messy person?mostly clean
If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live? Any where in the world as long as it's near my grandkids
If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go? I'd just like to see more of the USA
List 3 goals on your life's to-do list: to live to see my grandchildren grow up, well educated, and happy (married or not)
Name 1 regret you have: That I didn't spend more time getting to know my grandma on my dad's side
Name 1 thing you miss about being a kid: nothing much
Name 1 thing you love about being an adult: Nothing much. I'm the adult? No, please don't make me!
What's your favorite song of the moment? can't think of anything special
What's your favorite song of all time? "old time rock and roll". And "Amazing Grace" but just when my grandma sang it.
What's your favorite thing to do on a Saturday night? watch a movie with the grands, with a big bowl of popcorn
What's your favorite thing to do on a Sunday afternoon? lay in front of the fireplace and read
Have any hidden talents? no. I wish I did. They say everyone has one, but if I do it's well hidden
You're about to walk the green mile, what do you have as your last meal? Pasta
What would be your dream job? nursing, but with a really good crew and management that backs me up
Which would you rather have, 100 million dollars or true love? Are you kidding? money honey.
If you could have 3 wishes granted, what would they be? world peace (hokey, i know) health and happiness for my family
Name 1 thing not many people know about you: Can't think of anything. I'm an open book
Do you believe in the afterlife? I'm the granddaughter of a souther Baptist preacher. Of course I do!
Old 12-09-2011, 10:58 AM   #161  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning, just a quick comment before I go shopping. Those of you that filled out the questionnaire, only two want true love.....the rest of us want the money, lets go shopping girls!

Last edited by Bobbolink; 12-09-2011 at 10:59 AM.
Old 12-09-2011, 11:51 AM   #162  

S/C/G: 209/157.5/135

Height: 5'1"

Had a kick-butt water exercise class yesterday and it showed on the scale this morning! Down another pound to 156. Been staying on program good all week. Tonight we have my DH's company Christmas party. They always have a big buffet so will have to be careful. Then tomorrow we are off to see the new grandbaby.

Hope everyone is having a great Friday.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:32 PM   #163  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Marie - here's your 2 1/2 minute exercise: http://www.ehow.com/how_4471878_exec...over-yoga.html

It's amazing how well it's worked for me!

Mary - my bro lives just outside Maricopa, has a Maricopa address. Is your house near Bristol Palin's? Remember, she bought that 5 bedroom house, if I remember correctly (and who really cares??) for $20or so??

Gotta go be a good employee... but at least I was able to check in! Onward!
Old 12-09-2011, 01:54 PM   #164  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Hello Everyone!

I slept til I woke naturally this morning - no alarm! I did walkitout for 2 hours and had a good breakfast. Hoping to drink lots of water today and get myself in good shape to face the weekend.

Pool tourney tonight til 2am, ringing the bells for Salvation army 10am til 8pm tomorrow, (oh, I forgot ) lunch and goodies for Toys for Tots and biker Toy run on Sunday - I am helping with cooking. I may need to take Monday off to rest from the weekend!

Karen What is pasta on a stick???

CK, so glad that you are feeling better!

Donna, I am glad that the stretching is helping your pain. Careful that you don't become an excercise convert

Mary, isn't Maricopa where "Crazy Joe Arpallo" the sheriff lives? Good luck with the house. And on the IRS or the big remaining mortgage! They really do get you comming or going - don't they?

Connie, wow, I bet you are going to look great at that holiday party Go Girl!

Bonnie, my theory is that if I had the money....... I could get the love

Freda, we both want to be healers.....

Marie, sorry for your furbabie but glad that the news isn't worse....

Carol Sue, Thinking of you.....

Lynn, are you feeling better? I hope so. Are you doing any special holiday stuff?

Just a comment - it seems to me that 3fc is running much better again today.... Ok, sorry for those that I missed. I must get the rest of my presents ordered online today and get ready for the weekend.

Rie

Old 12-09-2011, 02:17 PM   #165  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Happy Friday all,

First, Carol Sue, I'm thinking of you. I hope all is going/went well! I am so happy it is the end of the week. Tomorrow DIL and I are going for pedicures. My first professional one. My son and DIL gave me one for my b-day and I wanted to go wtih DIL. Then the infamous split. So now it is one. Then Sunday we're taking DGD and DGS to the base Children's Christmas party. So this morning I had to go to the base and get a new military ID. Mine expired in August and DH's and my schedule never gelled to when we would get a new one. But since I need one on Sunday, I left my office (at Funland aka work) for a nice break with DH. Then I stopped at Starbucks for my once weekly treat. BTW, the skinny peppermint mochas are really tasty. The tall (12 oz) is 100 cals so I ordered the venti (24 oz) at 200 cals. Wonderful treat. Even my co-worker can't irritate my day. It is FRIDAY!

Freda, I love your old boyfriend story and that he looked road worn. It is a wonderful feeling isn't it?

Gayle, I'm with you. I don't mind waiting a little while in a dr. office if I have my iPad with me so that I can read. I won't touch dr. office magazines but I always bring my iPad with to appts so I won't be tempted to touch germy magazines. And BLACK SCRUBS??? I've never heard of having a hospital full of grim reapers. Don't forget your scythe for surgical needs.

Connie, I'm glad you were safe while you had the flat. At least you had your doggie with you for protection. Even the kindest dogs intimidate people.

KarenMO, I love the holly berry arrangement. It is beautiful. I'd love something like that in my house. I wonder where I could buy some....

KarenFL, I'm learning it is best not to read the possible side effects. They're scary. "Pops tendons"? That's just odd. And what in the heck is 100 pasta salad on a stick? Do you take a stick and slide macaroni noodle over them? If so, you'd be a saint to make 100 of them. One would push me over the edge.

Rie, I bet the kids loved having you cook and eat with them. The mental health aspect is more important than a day off plan.

Donna, very cool - I know that yoga move. My beginner yoga DVD has it and it was one of my favorites. I'd fall asleep through the DVD so I stopped doing it - too boring - but I can do just the one. I will begin doing it this afternoon.

I did it. I made it through the entire two days of posts. Wow, that took quite a bit. Bobbi, thanks for posting the questions. It wasn't difficult to see why we all get along so easily - so many of the answers are similar to mine. I will go ahead and answer the questions next. I've always said I wanted to come back in my next life as one of my dogs (Yeah, I know that wouldn't be possible) but last night I thought about what kind of animal I'd want to be and without thought, I'd answer a dog. One of my dogs. Then last night I added a GGs' dog. Then this morning I read others thinking the same thing. Without a doubt we do share deep commonalities.
Marie
Closed Thread