Old 08-20-2010, 10:12 AM   #121  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning,
Karen... I haven't seen anything on the new survivors yet and we're big fans, but I prefer a new cast of tribe members. I hated to see past members lose like the cowboy from Alabama, can't remember his name now.
Quote:
Important question....Survivor starts next month with young and old tribes. Okay how is Jimmy Johnson gonna survive without his blow dryer and hair gel. Even if you don't like Survivor you have gotta watch that!
We have bushels of tomatoes this morning and very little time to deal with them. Yesterday the nursing home called and said they had an opening at another nursing home and we could move MIL today. So we'll spend most of the day moving her.....AGAIN!. They are kicking her out because she's so nasty to her roommates. She gotten very territorial about the bathroom she shares with her roommate so they moved her into another room with a new roommate where she does the same thing, pounds on the bathroom door and tells her roommate to get out of HER BATHROOM. I hope when I croak I'll go peaceable!
Donna...sorry but you guessed it about belly fat, surgery is the only thing that will take away stretched out skin. I'm at goal weight and I still have belly fat plus the wings under my arms, I just have to live with it. One thing that does help is wearing underwear that has a little elastic in them, very comfortable to wear but not so tight that it's uncomfortable.
Gotta go, have a good one.
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:24 AM   #122  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All.......
Well, Bobbi, that's bad news! I was hoping someone had some magic words of wisdom... Somehow, I don't think that's going to be considered necessary surgery, although it makes me twitchy. That should count for something!

So what's on the schedule for all of you this weekend? Nothing in particular here... I hope PT/Zoe is basking and reading and enjoying! Lynn, hope you're better. KarenFLO, oh, I can sympathize! And NOTHING helps sciatica until it decides on its own to stop being aggravated. Good thoughts abound!

Everyone, hope your weekend is a good one. Be safe!

Last edited by jess1; 08-21-2010 at 10:53 AM.
jess1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 02:51 PM   #123  

Morning everyone..another sunny day here..yesterday i was totally lazy..finished my book "through a glass darkly" by Kathleen Koen..i really good read am now starting the squel..i did manage to do some laundry and sort thru clothes some are way to big i came across some flannel jammy pants and am wearing a pr now..they used to be tight and now if a jiggel rite they fall down a nice nsv..today i will try and be more productive..ugh i really hate housework..i need a maid ..jess i have lots of loose skin as bobbie says underware with some spandex helps..if i ever get to goal i will need a full girdel body suit neck to toes..wonder if u donate your skin to a burn unit if theyd do plastic surg for free?? sigh ..have a great day everyone (((hugs))) rosey
akrosey49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 10:49 AM   #124  
Donna

Good Morning, All...
Quick check in.

KarenMO is having computer problems (it's S-L-O-W) and can't get on the site, so she said to tell you that she's alive, well, and paddling around in the pool!

Nothing on the agenda except for changing the cat box (my life IS a song!). I hope you all have a lovely weekend. Nothing from PT/Zoe, so we know she's enjoying!!!

Everyone, hello! Rosey, I saw a sign once that said "every woman needs a wife"... and isn't that true? Wouldn't it be nice to have someone ELSE taking care of all the details of your life?

Happy weekend, all.... be safe!

Last edited by jess1; 08-21-2010 at 10:51 AM.
Old 08-21-2010, 10:53 AM   #125  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good Morning! Sorry I have been MIA BUT it isn't my fault! This site has been moving so slow for the last 3 or 4 days--it takes me at least 10 minutes to get to my subscribed threads from the main page!! And then it is like that on everything I click on here to see... not sure why..I haven't had any problems with any other sites and I did a disk clean up and defrag on my computer yesterday and it still is s--l---o---w!!!

Everything is going good-- Both the kids have found jobs and are now saving for a place of their own. All the little ones are visiting their "OTHER" parents for the next few months so it is kind of quiet around here now.

I thought that since I was able to get on now I would post these pictures. The first one is my son with Bella--- just too cute!! And then the other one is Bella, I labled this one "The Thinker" One of these days she will hate this picture but for now it is just plain cute!!

OK, I need to get some work done around here and I have been about 30 minutes just getting this post done. Sure wish I knew why this is the only site that is moving slow on my computer. Don't know what else to try! But I will try to get back soon. Everybody have a good weekend!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_3366.jpg (27.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Bella.jpg (27.5 KB, 6 views)
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 11:50 AM   #126  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

I'M BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It has been a TOUGH month, but I think (HOPE) I am finally over being sick. A lot has happened in the month. A dear friend fell, hit her head, and died. My friend from North Carolina came for a visit. I started adding arthritis exercises (in the therapy pool at the gym) to my daily exercises 3 times/week. I found out from a genealogy researcher that one of my Jewish/Prussian ancestors was sent to a concentration camp (I had hoped that they all got to America before WWII). I cut WAY back on my daily exercise. AND I have been eating in a VERY UN-healthy way.

Hopefully, I will get back to "normal" this week.

Take care everyone,

Lynn

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 08-21-2010 at 11:51 AM.
ladyinweighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 11:54 AM   #127  
GmaTo8

Ladies,
I have gone through the proper channels for clearance, (lots of privacy issues in something like this) then today emailed Isabella, and asked her to please check in here, since we are concerned about her. Let's hope we hear from her soon!

Welcome back, Lynn!

Last edited by Jane; 08-21-2010 at 11:55 AM.
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 12:14 PM   #128  
Donna

Thank you, Jane........ you're appreciated!
Old 08-21-2010, 05:04 PM   #129  

Hi everyone..a beautiful day here no rain yay..dh will be home later so i put my lazy butt in gear and got the dishes done and a few other chores..and have a pot roast in the crock pot..i had this dream last night it was so real..i was walking without any help..inspecting my roses and i could almost smell them when i woke at 4 am..feeling sad for myself as it was just a dream..however its made me have renewed conviction to stay on track becuz who knows a miracle could happen or not..my life has changed in so many ways but i appreciate all my blessings walking or not..gee didnt mean to be such a downer..sry.. hoping u all are having a great weekend rosey
Old 08-21-2010, 06:12 PM   #130  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane View Post
Ladies,
I have gone through the proper channels for clearance, (lots of privacy issues in something like this) then today emailed Isabella, and asked her to please check in here, since we are concerned about her. Let's hope we hear from her soon!

Welcome back, Lynn!
Hi Jane,

Thank you SO MUCH!!!!!

We are all VERY worried.

Lynn
Old 08-21-2010, 07:09 PM   #131  

Height: 5'3"

It's another busy day but I'm taking a break and of course on the computer. I got rid of some old curtains in the spare bedroom and put up some cheap ones I'd bought on sale a few years ago in anticipation of this. But they are thin and that room gets lots of sun/light in the mornings. I want my guests to be able to sleep in. My gs (10) is coming Sept 1 and with all that light he'll be up at the crack of dawn! So went looking for a roller shade as don't want to spend much. Was hoping for a navy blue but quickly gave up on getting one in the right size. Then settled on a beige at Lowes and they cut it for me but the first one was too short, the second one was too long, we took it back to have them cut more, measured it at the store before we left and all seemed good, brought it home and it is too short!! I was so tired of the whole thing by that time I just returned it! I didn't want beige (or white) with these curtains anyway. So unless I find something quickly I'll just have to put up a light blanket to cover the window for my gs. I now want to take my time and may even get different curtains. I bought these thinking they would probably just be a temporary fix anyway.

Rosey...you never know...keep believing in miracles even while counting your blessings and working with what you have. That's my motto I guess. Several times in my life I have dreamed of something before it actually happened. It's like the dream sparked my faith to believe it could happen.

Lynn...you HAVE had a tough month! Wow! That's a lot to deal with! I hope you are finally over the sickness at least and that next month will be an easier one for you.

Karen - enjoyed the pics! glad things are working out for your kids. They are such a big part of our lives aren't' they no matter the age. We are forever parents and then we are grandparents too..

Rosey, Jess, Bobbi - If I ever lose my big belly I will have a large apron of skin hanging in front of me probably. That's what we called it in nursing...an apron. I remember having to lift it up to clean under it on the lady patients...always hoped not to be that way, but have a feeling... My neck sags a lot already. When I lost a significant amt before our youngest son (who usually only sees us about once a year) said "Dad looks older, and mom looks younger unless you look at her neck." WHAT?? LOL Nothing like an honest son...as my mom used to say...you could have said a lot of things without saying that!

Karen - you did have a mess to clean up! Bet it was very cold too. Thanks for filling me in on the Survivor ...I don't follow football (or really any sport much) so would never have guessed. Are these "old" guys people who have been on before or just older guys? I'm like Bobbi I really prefer a whole new group. I don't like it when they change my favorite shows. I don't like America's Got Talent as much this season because they changed the way they do it. Guess I'm getting old and don't like changes so much...

My exercise today was mowing the lawns. For some reason the front lawn was really hard. It's still kind of a mess where they cut down the tree but don't think that was why as it's been that way a while now so maybe I was just tired as I'd done a lot before I mowed.

Still have a few things to do before I'm done with this week's work. Maybe have to catch up tomorrow unless I get to the rest tonight.

Have a good evening, everyone!!
maryea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 08:55 AM   #132  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Hello....'tis me. Still on vacation. Wow. Feels great. Not doing anything special at all...just a few day things with the family (we went to Plimoth Plantation on Thursday; I'll post a few pictures if I can) and otherwise just puttering around - Friday, of course, DH was at Sturbridge, so I took myself down to our (local) lake and sat on the beach reading for three hours or so. Yesterday we did the usual grocery shopping and then went driving out into the countryside looking for a vegetable stand where we could get some fresh sweet corn and tomatoes (ah, yes....I believe y'all know of my love for farm stand tomatoes!). We stopped for lunch at a nice little restaurant where I had a nice piece of baked haddock, asparagus with lemon and a HUGE PIECE OF CRUSTY CIBATTA BREAD coated in carmelized onions. Ah, you win some, you lose some, right? Then we headed back toward home, stopped at a Walmart to pick up our grandson's formula (they are both lactose intolerant and have had soy formula right along; one was able to switch to regular soy milk, but the other broke out from it) and some diced fruit cups and a few various and sundry other things...we usually try to contribute the formula and this and that every week, not because my DD can't do it, but because it makes us feel good to be doing something to help...those cans of formula powder are $20 apiece, and they've needed between 2 and 3 a week! Now they're needing less, of course, because the boys are drinking all day from their sippy cups - watered down juice and such, and of course they're eating most table foods, so they're getting their nutrients in their food and don't need to get them in formula so much. ANYHOO, we dropped that off and came home to make supper. I'd picked up some steak tips for DH and DS - the fiancee was out shopping and having a girl's night with her sister - and had them marinating most of the day, so we grilled those and had them with the sweet corn and big, thick slices of fresh tomato. I, of course, didn't have any steak, and to be honest, just looking at it was most unpleasant, but DH and DS really enjoy it, so I guess it doesn't hurt to gook it for them once in a while. I ate a piece of grilled chicken breast. T'was good, too. Today, DS & his fiancee are leaving on a mini-trip up to Niagra Falls. They'll be gone for three days. It'll feel strange - and quiet around here. Nice, tho.
PT, absolutely. Yes. I am enjoying this little interlude so much that I can hardly bear to think about going back to work eight days from now. We saw a house in our travels that we'd love to buy, but it would make my commute to work a half hour longer. No can do. <sigh>
Hope your visit with GS is fun, Mary, and that you get that window covered somehow. How old is he?
Jane, thank you so much for checking up on our Isabella for us. It's just not like her to just drop out without any explanation, and we are very worried at this point. We really appreciate what you're doing.
Rosey, let's just put all of our collective energies together and focus on your losing the weight, and THEN, why, who knows? Anything's possible, after all. And sharing your thoughts is NEVER a downer! That's why we're ALL here, Rosey...so we can share freely. You know I do....kvetch and carry on something terrible, and everybody just says, "There, there, Z...let it all out". So that goes for you, too, sister.
Glad you're back and doing better, Lynn.
I think this site is slow for everybody, Karen31. I know it is for me, still.
Oh, Bobbi, I DO envy you your bushels of tomatoes! (Although I guess I'd be happy with maybe ten a week...I wouldn't want to have to wrestle the rest of them into sauces or whatever in order to save them. I am just essentially lazy, I guess.
Karen3, you've been having quite a time of it, girl. I hope your back improves soon. I know I've had back and hip issues from time to time...bursitis in the hip...and it's really awful.
HI Gayle...hope all is well with you! You too, Freda...where are you, m'dear?
Have a great Sunday, everyone!

Z
ellabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 03:26 PM   #133  

Hi Everyone,

Rainy day here. I was supposed to meet my sister for lunch but we both decided to postpone until next week.

I start a new course on Tuesday – one I never taught before. It is only three weeks long – even if I don’t like it, it will be over fast.

Anyone else want to admit to watching Big Brother? It is one of my not-so-secret vices. Kind of fun for me to watch all these young beautiful people who are totally self-involved and don’t talk about their aches and pains all the time – like I do.

Lynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
Good Morning,
Karen... I haven't seen anything on the new survivors yet and we're big fans, but I prefer a new cast of tribe members. I hated to see past members lose like the cowboy from Alabama, can't remember his name now.Gotta go, have a good one.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Hi Bobbi,
How many episodes have already been on? I will try to catch this week’s Survivor so we can gossip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess1 View Post
So what's on the schedule for all of you this weekend? Nothing in particular here... I hope PT/Zoe is basking and reading and enjoying! Lynn, hope you're better. KarenFLO, oh, I can sympathize! And NOTHING helps sciatica until it decides on its own to stop being aggravated. Good thoughts abound!!
Hi Donna,
My DF from NC was visiting until Saturday afternoon – we went to a local grange fair, went to Longwood Gardens & did water aerobics every morning at my gym.
Today, I am just working on the syllabus for a new course – I start teaching on Tuesday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrosey49 View Post
Morning everyone..another sunny day here..yesterday i was totally lazy..finished my book "through a glass darkly" by Kathleen Koen..i really good read am now starting the squel.. rosey
Hi Rosey,
What is the book about? There was an old movie with this title – about an intense family. I wonder if they are the same story?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen31 View Post
I thought that since I was able to get on now I would post these pictures. The first one is my son with Bella--- just too cute!! And then the other one is Bella, I labled this one "The Thinker" One of these days she will hate this picture but for now it is just plain cute!!
Hi Karen,
Bella is absolutely ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryea View Post
Lynn...you HAVE had a tough month! Wow! That's a lot to deal with! I hope you are finally over the sickness at least and that next month will be an easier one for you.
Hi Mary,
Now that I have no more infection, no one is really sure why I still have the symptoms. My DD suggested taking a Zanex when I get the symptoms (usually at night). I took one on Thursday night when the symptoms appeared & they went away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellabella View Post
(I believe y'all know of my love for farm stand tomatoes!). Z
Hi Zoe,
I have been eating tomato & mayonnaise sandwiches on whole grain toast for the whole summer. I LOVE summer tomatoes.
Old 08-22-2010, 03:30 PM   #134  

Morning everyone sitting around drinking coffee and enjoying the day..glad my dh is home..zoe,you are absolutely right..some days are better than others even tho i strive to not dwell on things i have no control over and every one here is the best for understanding the many and variable moods and situations we all experience ..cibatta bread is one of my favs..glad you are enjoying your vacation..hoping all that your weekend is going great and that your feeling fine rosey the pictures are of my grkids and those tiny puppies ready for their new homes sooo cute.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 033.jpg (24.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg dads cabin 2010 475.jpg (50.1 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by akrosey49; 08-22-2010 at 03:34 PM.
Old 08-22-2010, 03:47 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

hi....Still hurting. I dosed self up and had Dh take me to the store and got week's needed stuff. Back sitting on the ice bag. Changed shoes, changed bra style, trying to walk up right and even canceled bridge tomorrow. Stoned out of my mind...takes me 5 minutes to get to the point. Asked Dh for a couple of firm pillows out of closet to elevate my legs and when got to the bedroom he had a pile so high I'll be "L" shaped. Gonna go to chiropractor tomorrow. Am taking a pill that is specifically for nerve pain...problem is it numbs slowly from head to feet and it feels like a wave of numbness ...first forehead goes then lips chin etc by the time it get to my feet my hip area is no longer numb.....maybe should stand on my head?????

i am so glad we have Suvivor fans....the two tribes are made up of young cute kids and the other is people from 41 yr mom(who looks like young kid) to Jimmy Johnson who is 67. The rest of the old tribe are very buff looking men 63,48, 48, 44. The women include an ER doc 48, RN 48 xarmy,Swim coach 44,and the mom 41. Guess you tell which tribe am already rooting for...hmmmm Sept 15th.....don't call me between 8-9pm.

Karen those pictures are the sweetest ever. You can tell she is a handfull and just loveable. They are real gramma pictures. thank you for sharing them.

Lynn so gald you are on the mend. You have had a tough summer.

Jane thank you for checking on Isabella....like having big brother take care of us.

OMG I am going to bed...I wrote all this and for some unknown reason I clicked on home icon...thought I lost the whole thing but arrow got me back here. Told you I was stoned. Not that I remember stone from an earlier age?????

Mary...For the 10yr get a flag and hang it on one of those tension rods. And for the belly flab flobbys I use thumb tacks. Sorrrrrrrrrrrrry said i was stoned.

Bobbie...mail me some tomatoes...they are yellow hard yucky things down here. Next planting season starts in Oct....

Zoe..store up that sunshine and enjoy your time off.

Rosey...found another good writer Nancy Fairbanks. She writes culinary mysteries with recipes. Just started her Crime Brulee. Got them on ebay for about $! each and free shipping! I'll be there for dinner smelling that pot roast.

Told you this med has me rambling....time to get off the ice and on the heating pad. Hmmm wonder if Florida has medicinal marijuana? hugs karen3

wow u sneaker inners....hello

Last edited by Karen3; 08-22-2010 at 03:53 PM.
Karen3 is offline   Reply With Quote