Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 10:33 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 158/141/130

Height: 5' 1"

Good Monday morning all, Thought I'd take a quick break from the vacuum cleaner and grab a cup of coffee and see what all of you were up to over the weekend. Sounds like you all had a great one.

CHERYL: Welcome back, we missed you too. Sounds like you had a great time. I'm sure you are excited about the possibility of moving back to Oregon soon. That will be great to be close to your family again. Your hubby did pretty good if he kept the dishes done up. It's great to be gone but there is always that darn laundry when you get back. Don't over do it now that you are home. I'm looking forward to hearing all about your trip.

MEOWEE: Your babies have really grown. They are awfully cute. More cold wet weather for you too ? Gosh will it ever end? Hope you get dry soon!!

HY: Your yoga sounds so relaxing, many years ago I use to try to do it with a gal on tv, it was "Lilias, Yoga and You". I loved it but then started working and didn't get time for it. Might have to find a video or dvd and try it again. Hope your doctors appointment went well.

SETTIE: Glad you were able to have dinner with your dad on Father's Day
and glad he is doing well. They really can do miracles anymore. Sorry that you are getting more wet weather now.

Thanks for all of your help at Red Lobster. It was wonderful. I know you were all there keeping an eye on me because I didn't finish my delicious Ceasar salad and I left part of the rice pilaf and some of the shrimp and I only had 1 biscuit. I even drank water instead of the raspberry iced tea!! But you know what, I'm glad because I wasn't miserable afterwards like usual. We had a great visit with our friends had to exchange pictures of grandkids of course. I was up .2 on the scale Saturday morning but that's nothing. Got lots of walking in on Saturday trying to shop for something to wear to a wedding this weekend. Didn't find a darn thing. Tried on some things that I loved and some I hated. I don't like the styles right now or the patterns of the fabric. If I found something I really thought might work they didn't have it in my size or they wanted an arm and a leg for it. Where do they get $80.00 for a skirt that is plain and only has a yard of fabric in it? Well my size would have more, but still
Father's day was quiet, DH and I just relaxed. The girls both called him to wish him a good day.
I had better get back to my vacuum and get done before noon. Hope all of you have a great day, keep up the good work.

DONNA
Old 06-18-2007, 07:23 PM   #122  

Hi Ladies...Been gone all day. Made a trip to Bismarck to visit our convertible and put a bug in the guy's rear that he has about 6 weeks to get it done. Saw a realtor this afternoon and we have a lot to do to get our house ready to sell, but expect it will be sold by Sept, if not before that. Need to paint all the rooms inside, plus my kitchen/laundry room cupboards. I look at it as extra exercise I will get in. We are going to hire someone to paint the outside of the house, garage and out buildings. If it would ever quit raining, we could get caught up on mowing and trimming, but it hasn't quit raining.

Linda...I'm excited about moving back to Oregon, but scared also. Property is very expensive, we are looking at paying around $249,000.00 for a palce compared to $90,000.00 here. My hubby will make more money there, and I will be able to see our children, grandchildren and my parents more than once every two years.

Donna...The train trip out was wonderful and Glacier National Park and traveling along the Columbia River was breath taking!!!! I took my Mom on a short mini trip to Ashland, Oregon where I was born and grew up. Boy, has it changed, except the hippies are still there. My daughter and her girls took me to the coast, so I got my fix of sand and surf plus a bowl of clam chowder.

Settie...My daughter has four girls and my son has three sons and 1 daughter. Glad to hear your father is doing better.

Hy...Could you send some of your nice dry weather my way? Pleaseeeeeeeeeee. Never thought I would say it, but I'm sick of the rain.

Well I have some walls that need scubbing so I can start painting them, so I guess I better get busy.

Cheryl
Old 06-19-2007, 07:50 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 233/198/133

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone,

I'm glad to have all of you to provide me with some sunshine - Mother Nature is sure not doing her part. I guess it will come.

Hi meowee!

Donna - Did you feel us sitting on your shoulder at Red Lobster. Congrats for being able to enjoy your meal without going overboard. Doesn't it feel good to be in control?

Donna - Wow! That's a big move. Is that where both your son and daughter live? Won't it be great to be so close.

Have a great day!

Talk soon,
Old 06-19-2007, 08:15 AM   #124  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi there, Chickies . . .

Another day has dawned and, although it is not raining, it is definitely still cold and dreary . . . currently 12C / 54 F . . . the prediction is for a little sun to break through later today and I really, really hope they are right. Since I did the hibernation thing yesterday, I absolutely have to go out today. Even when you are just running errands, it's always more enjoyable if there is a little sunshine (at least when it's this cool) . . .

Have a great moving and shaking kind of day . . . I'll see you later . . .
Old 06-19-2007, 12:33 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 188/169.5/150

Height: 5'9"

WELCOME BACK CHERYL!!!!

Hugs,
Hy

(we missed ya! I'm rushing to get out of here on time but just wanted to let you know I saw you were back!)
Old 06-20-2007, 08:53 AM   #126  
Onward and Downward

Morning . . .

Beautiful sunny morning for a change . . . but I slept poorly and woke up in a terrible mood. And then . . . won't bother you with all the details . . . the terrible trio almost destroyed a couple of things in the middle of the night. And then the 'dumb blond' (Frickle) urinated on the bath mat. And then . . . things really started to go down-hill.

Anyway gang . . . hopefully I'll cheer up and be back later. Keep things moving and shaking. . .
Old 06-20-2007, 09:46 AM   #127  

S/C/G: 158/141/130

Height: 5' 1"

MEOWEE: I'm sorry you didn't feel well when you got up and then to discover your children have been Sure hope the rest of your day goes better.

Have to run, Donna
Old 06-20-2007, 11:24 AM   #128  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl120 View Post
....Saw a realtor this afternoon and we have a lot to do to get our house ready to sell, but expect it will be sold by Sept, if not before that. Need to paint all the rooms inside, plus my kitchen/laundry room cupboards. I look at it as extra exercise I will get in. ...

Cheryl

Cheryl I'm so excited for you!!! And I love that you are all motivated and not sitting around over-thinking it all. Woohoo!!

I'm considering painting my kitchen cabinets - currently they are maple with that pinkish stain and I just hate that color. I want a white/off white as my kitchen is smaller and just think the light colored painted wood would look nice. I've never done this before so kind of nervous about starting something and seeing some not-so-great results!!!

Any tips or observations would be appreciated - I figure you will have some experience I can benefit from so why I'm asking

Hugs,
Hy
Old 06-20-2007, 11:28 AM   #129  

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowee View Post
Hi there

Finally got some new pictures of the triplets (now 3 months old) for you to see. Wasn't easy -- they are either asleep or moving so fast that all you get is a blur.

meowee OMG your kitten pictures are so darling!!! I love the first one with them all cuddled up in that box. It's amazing how quickly they grow up so I'm glad you are taking lots of pictures of them now while they are still little. Adorable. I miss having a kitten...sigh...(My cats are all adults - the last kitten I raised is now 7 years old -time flies!!)

hugs,
Hy
Old 06-20-2007, 11:46 AM   #130  

Morning all

My doctor's appointment the other day was not for anything serioous - yea!! She had been offering vein therapy in her practice and I wanted to get a consult to see what was possible. This is something I've never had done and know hardly anything about it. I have a couple patches (kind of spider-y looking) by my knees on the sides that I thought might respond to some simple treatments.

First I had to wait over an hour in an exam room and then when the doctor came in she said she no longer did these treatments (I think she did injections of some sort). She said she stopped doing mainly because patients didn't follow through as they were told and would not wear the compression socks required. I really like this doctor a lot, but I was somewhat confused as to why the staff didn't clue me in when I made the appointment that the doctor no longer did vein work AND why the doctor was telling me about her "bad" patients - lol!! I'm notorious for following the doctor's orders to a "T"!!

So it was pretty much a total waste of a morning!!

The doctor did give me a name of a vein clinic she recommends and then a second name of a plastic surgeon that does some of this type of work. I'm going to have to think about it all. My veins on my legs are a cosmetic issue, they aren't painful or enlarged. I don't want to get involved in something more extensive. Right now I've decided to call each number and see if they do "consults" - if not, then scratch them.

I appreciate everyone's concern however!!! And I'm glad to report that for this doctor's office appointment, I wasn't sick

Hy

Last edited by hyacinth merry; 06-20-2007 at 11:56 AM.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:52 AM   #131  

Quote:
. . . the terrible trio almost destroyed a couple of things in the middle of the night. And then the 'dumb blond' (Frickle) urinated on the bath mat. And then . . . things really started to go down-hill.

Uh-oh......

I think I can relate I do laundry many more times than the average household due to our pets. We now, after MANY years of experience have all tile or wood floors with NO RUGS. And all my furniture was purchased with "custom" washable slipcovers. I know what happens to floors and furniture when pets are in the house!

I hope your day improves meowee...

Hy
Old 06-21-2007, 09:58 AM   #132  
Onward and Downward

Happy Summer Solstice, gang . . . old Ma Nature is really playing the nasties on Nova Scotia this year . . . it's cold (15C/59F) and it's raining . . . just for a change.

Hope you all have a great day . . . see you later . . .
Old 06-21-2007, 12:06 PM   #133  

Quote:
Happy Summer Solstice, gang . . . old Ma Nature is really playing the nasties on Nova Scotia this year . . . it's cold (15C/59F) and it's raining . . . just for a change.

Happy Summer Solstice and a Happy First Day of Summer to you too meowee!!

Wow, your temps in NS are chilly for this time of year - here in PHX we are under a heat advisory today - predicted to reach 110 F!!!

Hugs,
Hy
Old 06-21-2007, 01:45 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 233/198/133

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone,

Well, we're finally seeing the sun here and it's warmed up a bit so there's hope for you too, Meowee.

I keep reading about the antics of your pets and the need for extra cleaning - don't you just love it!! I had to put my dog down about 2 years ago and I still miss all of the fun times we had. It's true though, I do a lot less cleaning!

Have a great day!
Old 06-21-2007, 05:27 PM   #135  
Onward and Downward

Oh please . . . send some warmth this way . . .

Had a fight with the vacuum cleaner today . . . after about 35 minutes of poking and prodding with various long pointy instruments, I removed the biggest hair ball imaginable from the one connection of the wands that I've never been able to get apart. I tell you, after it finally came out and puffed up, it was all I could do to hold on to it with one hand. Have to remind myself -- no more long haired cats -- think I'll take Mouse in for a haircut.

Gee whiz SETTIE. . . think it's time you got another pet . . . don't you miss all this fun that HY and I are having ??????

Later . . .
Closed Thread