Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 09:52 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 158/141/130

Height: 5' 1"

Good morning, gosh I didn't realize it had been almost a week since I had posted. Guess time flys when you're having fun, or is it working so much ??

CHERYL: I have to agree with you that Casper and that whole area are just gorgeous. Most people think Wyoming is a barren waste land. I'm glad you enjoyed that part of your trip just too bad the weather had to turn off so crummy and that you had so much trouble with tires. Sounds like hubby gave you a great Birthday. Well this is my big graduation weekend. I didn't make my original weight loss goal but I did lose another .8 lbs last week so I am not too upset with myself, still shooting for my original goal by the end of the summer tho.

MEOWEE: Sorry all of your appliances seem to be rebelling at once. We had that happen at our house about 2 years ago. I couldn't believe that after 25 years they wanted to die Just replaced them 1 at a time over several months. They are so expensive, but now these should last me the rest of my life. I had to laugh when you put all of your kitties toenails and teeth together and came up with that figure of razor sharp tools being used to attack you. Almost frightened me. LOL They are so cute at that age and so busy.
I have to agree that enjoying your summer sounds like a good idea. That way when Sept. comes you will be ready for your surgery and some rest.

HY: Don't feel like you are causing any problems about this GG thread. I don't have time to read a lot more either. I love our little group and it feels like family here. I'm staying here unless everyone else moves on. If we want
to post what we eat each day and our exercise that's fine, I just can't always get here everyday. I appreciate everyones support here it has gotten me where I am today.

Don't know if I will make it back to post the rest of this week or not, so much to do both here at work and at home to get ready for this weekend.
Where have Jude and Theresa gone? hope we didn't scare them off, maybe they didn't find us since we moved?
Take care I love you all, DONNA
Old 05-09-2007, 01:06 PM   #17  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

They should be okay with finding us . . . I posted a link to the new one and then closed the old thread right after Cheryl opened this one . . . Hopefully they've just been busy too.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:22 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 188/169.5/150

Height: 5'9"

Stuff has been crazy here and I'm trying to keep on track - have been falling back into the very bad habit (for me) of eating less at the beginning of the day and then more at night, when I finally have a moment to relax. Have already been down that road and don't want this to become a habit!! It's just that I have a lot to do and have more energy in the mornings. Well that's just TOO bad - lol!! So I forced myself to have some B'fast this morning and will work to keep up with that game plan.

I normally do eat B'fast and understand it is important to do so. But as I said, I just have had a very busy week, couple weeks really and for some reason, started "forgetting" to eat first thing in the morning.

Btw, I don't do protein shakes/bars and that kind of thing as I am really hesitant about what is in them - can't have soy due to thyroid either. And I just don't eat or drink stuff with ingredient lists mile long. Grabbing a shake or bar would be a lot easier, but this is my choice. I do have a low-carb recipe for some egg "muffins" that can be made ahead, refrigerated and then are easy to grab on the run. My low-carb B'fasts are mainly eggs done different ways...

I got a shipment of Vadalia onions a couple days ago and although onions are a little higher in carbs than some other veggies, I am going to enjoy them anyway :-) The other night I sauteed an entire onion in a skillet coated with Pam and then threw in some zucchini slices -yum!!

OK, enough True Confessions

Hugs
Hy

Last edited by hyacinth merry; 05-10-2007 at 01:27 PM.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:06 PM   #19  
Onward and Downward

Hi gang . . .

Wow, I have had 'one of those days' . . . the kind that just seem to disappear in the of an eye. Got the two A/C units installed this morning and then started the old 'let's clean the corners and rearrange everything' routine. Eating has been in control and exercise has been all the furniture pushing and shoving, coupled with the removal of major dirt and debris.

Oh HY . . . yep, brekkie is important . . . in some ways maybe being a diabetic is lucky . . . if I don't eat breakfast, I'll really know it, so there is definitely no forgetting to eat in my world. You are very right, you need to break that habit. A handful of cereal and some fruit in a container of yogurt is pretty quick. Good luck . . .

Well, it is definitely dinner time, so I'd better get myself (and the feline menagerie) fed. Hope everybody has a great moving and shaking evening. See you soon . . .
Old 05-10-2007, 08:02 PM   #20  

Hi Chickies...Just got done doing an hour of mowing...My exercise for the day. I have been slacking in that area, and know that is why I'm not dropping the weight like I was. I seem to have lost my motivation somewhere, but got a big boost of motivation from a friend today.

Hy...I know what you mean about finding time to eat breakfast. I was doing really good about not skipping this important meal, but then got back into my old habits and too busy to do it. Very bad mistake on my part, since if I don't take the time to eat breakfast, I over eat the rest of the day. I'm starting to plan and write down what I'm going to eat the next day and put it on front of my refrigerator. Maybe if it is staring at ME before I open the door, I will STOP and THINK ABOUT what it says, and stick to it.

Linda...Glad you got your new ac units, now you will be ready for that warm weather when it comes. It was 89 yesterday, but today is much nicer, about 72. At least I didn't feel like I was dieing when I mowed this afternoon.

Donna...Your outfit for graduation sound nice. I haven't decided what I'm wearing yet, it depends on what the weather is like. I'm leaning towards wearing my cocoa color crop slacks with a lite tan top. I still need to order a pair of sandles, but haven't found anything I like.

I'm not going to make my goal I set for myself either, but we still have the summer to work on it. I'm setting 5 pound weight goals for myself, and see if that helps me any. All I keep thinking about, is that I need to loose 200+ lbs.
Think that is setting me up for negitive thinking, and failure. I don't want to go down that road again.

Well girls, I need to go fix myself a salad and feed Princess since she thinks she is starving to death.

Cheryl
Old 05-11-2007, 09:55 AM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna72664 View Post
Well this is my big graduation weekend. I didn't make my original weight loss goal but I did lose another .8 lbs last week so I am not too upset with myself, still shooting for my original goal by the end of the summer tho.....Take care I love you all, DONNA

Donna that is wonderful that you had a loss - it all goes into the equation and towards the goal. Congratulations!!

I hope you have a wonderful graduation weekend - we are very proud of you for all that you accomplished on your weight loss plan.

Hugs,
Hy

PS: Be sure to have fun this weekend!!
Old 05-11-2007, 10:01 AM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowee View Post
Wow, I have had 'one of those days' . . . the kind that just seem to disappear in the of an eye. Got the two A/C units installed this morning and then started the old 'let's clean the corners and rearrange everything' routine. Eating has been in control and exercise has been all the furniture pushing and shoving, coupled with the removal of major dirt and debris.

Meowee yes, I'd say you had a busy day there!! And lots of exercise too - the best kind, imo as you don't even hardly notice you're doing it! What did the kitties think of all the activity?

Excellent report and thanks for the encouragement on the B'fast issue - I know it is important but sometime you just need to hear it again...and again...and again LOL.

Hugs,
Hy
Old 05-11-2007, 10:16 AM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl120 View Post
Hi Chickies...Just got done doing an hour of mowing...My exercise for the day. ....

Hy...I know what you mean about finding time to eat breakfast. I was doing really good about not skipping this important meal, but then got back into my old habits and too busy to do it. Very bad mistake on my part, since if I don't take the time to eat breakfast, I over eat the rest of the day. I'm starting to plan and write down what I'm going to eat the next day and put it on front of my refrigerator. Maybe if it is staring at ME before I open the door, I will STOP and THINK ABOUT what it says, and stick to it.

Cheryl that yardwork is such a great way to get in some exercise!! I think our ancestors knew the value of a hard day's work - makes for some very deep and restful sleeping if nothing else!! I know all my grandparents and back further farmed and they worked hard at it but at the end of the day they seemed happy with what they had accomplished. Anyway, yea for you for mowing the lawn - that's no easy task!!

Thanks for sharing your challenges about getting b'fast - I can't do some of the traditional stuff like the grains because of the low-carb diet I'm on and as I mentioned, I'm not doing the drink mixes, etc because of all the soy and garbage they put in them (imo). So it's eggs, eggs and more eggs, but fortunately I like them I also bought a container of cottage cheese the other day - that's OK for my program also, but not something I eat very much. Thought I might try for a change however.

Anyway, I appreciate what you had to share

Hy
Old 05-11-2007, 10:23 AM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl120 View Post
All I keep thinking about, is that I need to loose 200+ lbs.
Think that is setting me up for negitive thinking, and failure. I don't want to go down that road again.

Cheryl

Cheryl That is an amazing statement - I mean that you are choosing to deal with this whole process one day at a time and not get all caught up in the how much. Wow, I needed to hear this too -

Hy
Old 05-11-2007, 04:41 PM   #25  
Onward and Downward

Hi gang . . .

Just a quick zip through, I'm afraid. It has been another busy (and expensive) day. The Sears service man came early this afternoon -- fixed the stove (the one I cared the least about) -- told me he could fix the refrigerator (a leak in the cooling system) but it would be about $400. So I went out and spent $850 for a new one instead. It will be delivered tomorrow. Other than that, I'm just tired. . . and broke.

Still eating OP but no formal exercise worth discussing. Hopefully things will settle back into a normal, less expensive rut really soon.

Hope you all have a great evening planned . . . see you soon . . .
Old 05-12-2007, 03:15 PM   #26  
Onward and Downward

Hi there, everybody . . .

Just a zipping through again . . . Wanted to let you know that I have refrigeration and, as the Martha would say, "It's a good thing". Hopefully my life will be back to boring normal again really soon and I'll have more time for on-line gossip.

In the meantime, keep things moving and shaking, gang . . .
Old 05-13-2007, 06:55 AM   #27  
Onward and Downward

Have a great Mothers' Day
Old 05-13-2007, 01:41 PM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowee View Post
Just thought I'd post a link to a good little article from the current issue of the D:Life Bulletin that I receive every week. D:Life is basically for Diabetics, but there is no rule that says everybody can't benefit from some of the information.

This article is about making healthier substitutions that will lower both the carb content and calories of some old favourites . . . http://www.dlife.com/dLife/do/ShowCo...thy_swaps.html . . .

Hope you enjoy the information . . .

This article is GREAT!!! Thank you :-)

This, btw, is my 2nd attempt at a reply - the first one I wrote with some actual detail in it went missing in cyberspace. OF COURSE. Grrr......

Hy
Old 05-13-2007, 01:50 PM   #29  

Happy Mom's Day to all!! Treat yourself like a for the day!

Hugs,
Hy
Old 05-13-2007, 05:21 PM   #30  
Onward and Downward

Just thought I'd pop back in and give you this link to Discovery Channel. In the Myth Busters area, they have a cute little quiz based on some of those infamous "old-Mother's-tales" we've all heard (and probably used a lot of on our own kids).

http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/my...01-102-ae-0002

Have fun, gang . . .
Closed Thread