Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 10:30 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 158/141/130

Height: 5' 1"

Just flying by to wish everyone a great weekend. For those that are experiencing warm or HOT weather, stay cool and for Meowee we hope you get warm soon ! Sending you someGotta run got a big weekend ahead.

Talk to all of you on Monday. DONNA
Old 06-22-2007, 11:53 AM   #137  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi there, Chickies . . .

Don't know just where the day is going so fast, but here it is afternoon already and I've accomplished nothing. Wish we could string a few warm and sunny days together in a row because I'm sure that would help with these constant aches and pains in the old joints. It's still pretty cool and dull around here, but the sun has appeared for a few minutes today, so I've got my .

Surprisingly, kittens did not destroy too much overnight . . . a little scarey . . . makes me wonder what they are saving up for

Anyway . . . hope everybody has great plans for a weekend of moving and shaking stuff. Hopefully Donna will tell us all about her weekend when next we see her. See you later . . .
Old 06-23-2007, 08:34 AM   #138  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

Nothing too exciting in my world so far . . . Kittens are behaving, mostly. Weather is supposed to be a replay of yesterday with more thunderstorms and another 25 mm of rain predicted.

Have a good moving and shaking time of it, gang . . . see you later.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:24 AM   #139  
Onward and Downward

Hey everybody . . . where are you all hiding? Wherever it is, Hope you are having a moving and shaking fun time. . .
Old 06-25-2007, 11:50 AM   #140  

Morning Chickies....Just a very quick fly-by this morning. I'm getting ready to paint my livingroom. Been very busy this weekend scrubbing kitchen cabinets, washing walls and getting rid of junk. Finally got someone to come out and mow our big yard but he is doing a lousy job. Hope to get our riding lawn mower back sometime this week. Hubby is going to rebuild the carburator on our bellymower this afternoon, so maybe, just maybe he will have it up and running.

It is very hot here. Going to be 92 or higher for the third day and I already have the air going and I'm still sweating buckets of water!

Have a great Monday.

Cheryl
Old 06-25-2007, 12:31 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 188/169.5/150

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning

The heat is getting to me and I'm hardly even in it - lol!! Maybe it's the mole-like existance I'm leading right now, indoors with all the windows and doors covered to keep out the heat of the sun in PHX!

Still working on my committment to the yoga program, but must admit that I'm really having a challenge doing it first thing in the morning upon rising. The month is almost over so I may switch to an alternative - still do the yoga but a different program.

Normally I don't nap in the afternoons but recently with the heat, I find myself taking a little nap and actually sleeping! I guess this would qualify as a siesta, right?

Diet-wise, I'm going to back off on the fruits. I really have an issue with them apparently, so returning to my more restrictive low-carb program. Well, it's always good to check out what works and what doesn't. I was hoping I could start adding more fruits to my program, but since starting that this month, the more fruit I eat, the more I crave and the less weight I've lost...still not doing flour or that kind of carb, just added varieties/ more volume of fruits to the protocol.

Time to get moving and shaking as meowee always says Have a good one chickies!

Hy
Old 06-26-2007, 09:55 AM   #142  

S/C/G: 233/198/133

Height: 5'3"

Good morning all!

Hy - I hope you can get that fruit thing under control but I know what you're saying about triggering more eating. Good work for sticking to your yoga program even though it's not all enjoyable.

Cheryl - Isn't it funny how we do all this work when trying to sell the house. The last time I moved I remember that by the time I had cleaned and painted I wanted to stay. Good luck with it all.

Meowee - I can sure relate with the weather. We have had severe thunderstorms for the last four nights. During three of them tornados hit destroying homes, cottages and farmland. It's been crazy. None right in Winnipeg but about an hour away.

Hi Donna!

Have a great day!
Old 06-26-2007, 01:44 PM   #143  

Uck! I am in such a crummy mood today!!

I didn't sleep at all last night and not sure what that was all about...well, not that you need to know this...

Too bad, I'm telling anyway - lol. Things just don't seem to be falling into place, just one of those times I guess we all go through. I'm not overeating but am wishing the weight would vacate the premises a little more quickly, if you know what I mean And speaking of mean, this heat is making me grouchy too. Oh what an "upper" I am today

Maybe I just need a nice mid-morning cup of coffee. Hope everyone else is doing good - news to that effect will cheer me up anyway - lol!

Hugs,
Hy
Old 06-26-2007, 02:43 PM   #144  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

sorry, got a page not found and reposted...
Old 06-26-2007, 02:44 PM   #145  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyacinth merry View Post
Uck! I am in such a crummy mood today!!
Ya know what always makes me feel better? Music.
I have a little mp3 player about the size of a cigarette lighter. It's a lifesaver when I have something to do that I don't want to (like right now, I'm working and Cat Stevens is keeping me company)

And housework...love it with the music going..I can dance with my mop!..

It just cheers me up and makes everything more fun.
Old 06-26-2007, 03:13 PM   #146  

Quote:
Originally Posted by femmecreole View Post
Ya know what always makes me feel better? Music.

I wish it was that simple for me, but thanks for the suggestion

I'm normally a very "up" person, so this day is just a bit different - I think we all have them from time to time but I probably shouldn't have brought my little storm cloud here to 3FC. After a shower and getting ready to go out, I already feel a lot better...

Hy
Old 06-26-2007, 03:40 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 158/141/130

Height: 5' 1"

Good morning ladies, wow I'm really behind; you've all been chatting away, took me awhile to get caught up to you. LOL

HY: The heat wears me down and makes me cranky too. Don't really know a cure for it. I love music but when I'm in that kind of a mood not much of anything helps. Get a tall cold glass of water or tea and hope for the best.
Sounds like it could be a long hot summer, especially for you out there in the desert. Oh well now that was cheerful, SORRY. Hope things are better soon.

CHERYL: Don't be overdoing it in this heat. We don't need you getting sick. I would love to get my house all cleaned and painted.Had planned to do that this spring and now I am talking about fall, maybe. My problem is I don't know where to start!!

MEOWEE: Hi there. You said you hoped I'd tell you about my weekend. Well here goes. It was a lovely wedding, her colors were white and claret. Her gown was so unique, I had never seen one like it. It was white satin and strapless. Around the top was claret colored ribbon embroidered with silver about 1 1/2" wide. the back of the gown had pearl button to just above the hips. Starting at the top of the bodice was a thin width of the claret colored fabric with silver embroidery that widened to the mid back area where it was laced down to just below the tailbone area with claret laces and then it widened out clear to the bottom of the train. I hope you can somewhat invision it. It was really beautiful. Her flowers were the claret colored roses with calla lillies. I served the cake at the reception and her table was covered with white cloths then mini lights, like you would use on a Christmas tree and that was covered with a sheer filmy fabric that was pearlescent and on the top were clear and claret colored glass beads like you put in around candles or flowers, and rose petals. Very classy. It was great fun. Sunday my DH and the neighbor man went fishing so I got to stay home and relax. Not a very exciting Sunday.
When I weighed on Saturday I was up 2 lbs and I was so upset but when I weighed this morning I was only up .5 lbs. I hate this time of the year as I retain so much fluid and I drink something constantly.Plus we got a watermelon when we got groceries this weekend.

Hi SETTIE : Where have you been, we've missed you.

FEMMECREOLE: It's good to hear from you again too.

Busy week at work. Just got 3 new patients for tomorrow. That will make the boss happpy.

Am going to sign off and hope all of you are having a great week.

DONNA
Old 06-26-2007, 05:31 PM   #148  
Onward and Downward

Hi gang . . .

Wow I've had a busy day . . . had to take 4 cats to the vet this morning . . . kittens for their final booster shots and Jazz for some more blood work . . . and it was absolutely pouring rain. Such fun . . . and Monday had been absolutely beautiful. Somehow it's too much to ask for two in a row I guess. Now it's very muggy and overcast again.

Thought you might like to read some good news with the words "WEIGHT GAIN" in the story for a change. . . . Frickle (the "dumb blonde") has increased her weight by 52% in the past month (3.1 to 4.7 pounds). Frackle (the "teenyweeny") has also increased her weight by 52% (2.5 to 3.8 pounds). Freckle (the "incredible hulk" aka "bruiser") has increased his weight by 74% (3.1 to 5.4 pounds). He's turning into the epitome of "Tom Cat". Jazz (poor diabetic baby) is definitely doing better, but still not good. His blood sugar is about half of what it was a month ago; but it is still way too high -- 15 to 17 range (270 to 300) -- so we are increasing his insulin by another 50% and will test him again in another month. He has finally put on a little weight though. He increased from 6.7 to 7.6 pounds for an increase of 13% so it's not surprising he needs an increase in meds, too.

CHERYL . . . Wow, getting ready to sell a house is so much work. Especially when it's hot.

HY . . . perk up, girl . . . believe me I know how the heat can really beat you down (although this is probably the first hot and humid day we've had this year).

SETTIE. . . for some reason the weather has been strange all across the country so far this year.

FEMME. . . sounds serious with you and Mr. Mop It's okay, I have an ongoing relationship with Buddy Ball and the Frog . . . just don't see enough of them.

DONNA . . . I love the sound of that dress. Wonderful when the audience gets something great to look at during the ceremony. Yep, I hate the humidity too - swear I can actually watch my ankles swelling.

Well, guess I'd better go think about feeding the menagerie before they start eating the furniture. May have to start feeding "Hulk" separately, he tries to indimidate everybody else so he can have it all to himself . . . no table manners whatsoever.

Have a great evening, Chickies . . . see you soon . . .
Old 06-26-2007, 09:23 PM   #149  

Not just the heat, but I appreciate the sympathy

Sorry to have been a whiner - I didn't realize it sounded so shallow!! We have a family member in bad health (chemo not working) and I think everyone (or most of you) know my DH was dx with cancer a couple years ago. I have a day, on occasion, that doesn't seem all that cheery. Probably best to stay off the boards when that happens.

Donna I did laugh out loud at your post - hehe, yes it looks like it's gonna be a long, hot summer- as usual - and this is just the start! I'm screwed if my mood is going to be soley predicated on the weather here in PHX!

Time for dinner - catch everyone later,

Hy
Old 06-27-2007, 06:03 PM   #150  
Onward and Downward

Hi gang . . .

Hope you are all having a great day wherever you are and whatever you are doing. We are having much better weather again today. Hope it lasts.

See you all later . . .
Closed Thread