Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 07:31 AM   #106  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Insomnia rules my life, still. So glad I can come here.

Happy to hear the wedding went well, Debbie. So much effort! And Carol, glad to hear your dad is doing better.

I'm just trying to keep it together for now. I think I may have to go see a doctor about this insomnia. Hate taking pills. I took melatonin earlier, then Motrin PM. Didn't even ellicit a yawn.

Went to see Star Trek. Awesome! Saw the trailer for Superman. Looking forward to that one!

Ok, Kindle is low on battery. Time to go watch TV.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:53 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 297/234/126

Hi everyone. I had visitors over the weekend, did ok, but ate a little too much and exercised a little too little. But I wasn't too bad.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:09 PM   #108  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Hi all, I've been MIA, just because DH and I have been busy getting ready for vacation. We're now ON vacation... YAY so I might have time to relax a bit.

We're in Chicago tonight, going to the botanic gardens tomorrow, then driving the rest of the way to the rental house where we'll meet up with friends.

I have to keep posting short tonight though, so just quickly,

Debbie, I'm so glad the wedding went well! And yikes on the fall. Hope you're feeling recovered.

Ubee, I wasn't aware that there was a theory about autism and leaky gut. An old friend has a daughter with autism, but haven't seen them in a while... he would usually keep me up to date with the latest news on that front. I suppose being a care taker results in extra challenges for you with weight loss...

DH is out of the shower and it's almost bed time, so I'm off...
Old 05-21-2013, 07:02 AM   #109  

Height: 5'7"

Hope all of our friends on here are safe! Prayers for all those in the line of the storms yesterday and those facing them today.

Well I hate my scales. TOm is here and I am up 8lbs..yes 8 lbs. I know I ate off for 3 days but I didnt eat 8lbs worth of food. Yesterday was POP! I will stay the course and it will come off but it still sucks!!

I am starting to feel like myself again. I even napped when my kids did yesterday. I normally use that time to get laundry or dinner going. I was asleep by 9pm last night and didnt get up til 5 this morning. My soreness is going away finally.
I am still waiting for a good picture from the wedding to post. I have some but none that show my dress fully yet. The photograper is posting them as she edits them.
My daughter called me yesterday and said they are having a great time. They went to a spa type resort a few hours away.
I have all the wedding stuff out of my house now except for what she needs to go through and decide what to do with. It feels so good to be able to see my dining room table again LOL
Hubbys glucose numbers came back and they are some better but still not where the dr wants them. So we have to work a bit harder on that.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:11 AM   #110  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Hi all -- Past few days eating has been up, but feels less out of control at least. I'm headed out of town early Friday for a conference in DC, then come back Sunday night... and then the movers come Tuesday. I think a great strategy will be for me to just write everything down that I eat. Not calorie count, but just note it. I think that might help me a lot. I'll let you know.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:12 AM   #111  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Debbie - looking forward to the pic. Great job getting right back POP.

Angela - have a wonderful time on your well deserved vacation.

Bonnie - did you get your exercise in yesterday?

Georgia - sleep any better? Sleep is critical in so many areas of our life, including weight loss.

Heather - how many days? How's the stress level? Do the pups get nervous with everything going on?

I made it to the pool yesterday, just finally put my foot down and said it's time to take an hour for me. I didn't realize how stiff I had become sitting in a hospital for almost 4 weeks.

Hope to make some decisions about the next phase of dad's care tonight.

Stay strong!
Old 05-21-2013, 12:39 PM   #112  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Going to be hot and humid here the next few days.

I was able to stay POP yesterday. Had to do some creative planning as the day went on but I did it!

Went to a local farm market yesterday and picked up a couple pots of mixed annuals. One contained some almost black petunias, smiling pansies and a gorgeous white geranium. The other is assorted red, white and blue blooms. Now I have to try to keep them alive. Poor dears.

Heather: When's the big move? It's got to be getting close. Do you have a place to move too?

Carol: Multiple hugs to you my friend. I'm so glad you got back into the pool. Don't forget that it's okay to blow off steam if you need too. Holding your thoughts too close can hurt. When I was trying to get my Dad settled I had a dear friend I would call and just ask if she had time to listen to me whine. She always did and never judged or took anything I said as offensive. We'd often just laugh until cleansing tears poured down our faces. I'd feel better and it helped me keep things in perspective. Eat healthy and be strong.

Deb: TOM sucks!!!

Angela: Enjoy your vacation. Are you staying in Chicago?

Bonnie: Don't forget to exercise.

Georgia: Hope you got a decent sleep last night.

Women are like angels. When someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.

Old 05-21-2013, 12:43 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Hello Everyone!

Angela I hope you are having a great vacation. When you get a chance you may want to check out this: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...-new-post.html The post by EMMA4545 sounds like what you were saying.

Debbie I'm glad the wedding was "GREAT", and you can get back into your routine. I am most successful when I have my routine.

Georgia my husband has trouble with insomnia. He has found magnesium to be very helpful when taken before bed. Caution to all reading... start out on a very low dose and let your body adjust. It can act as a laxative.

My weigh in went well this week and I am down a pound.

Have a happy and healthy day everyone!
Old 05-21-2013, 07:14 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Judy -- Movers come next Tuesday to pack us and then move everything out. Got painters and carpeting and cleaning after that. We'll move into an extended stay hotel while I finish the term, and then I have an apartment in Maine for us to move into while we look for a new house!
Old 05-21-2013, 07:28 PM   #115  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Thanks for your concern, everyone. I think tonight will be a good night of sleep. The temps are back down into the low 80s, plus I have Pilates class tonight. And I'm definitely taking that magnesium before bed, Ubee. So far, it's not helping.

I've been reading how a lack of sleep increases cortisol and promotes weight gain. I have no idea why I'm in this loop of not sleeping at night. Last night, I got 5 hours, then after I sent my youngest off to school, I managed to get a couple more hours. I feel tired, but I worked hard all day. Laundry all done, housekeeping done, bills paid, dog loved on (okay, that's not hard work). I'm enjoying a sense of accomplishment now.

So glad everyone's safe from the twisters. That is such a frightening thing. I have a friend from Oklahoma who won't come visit me in California because of the earthquake potential. Really?!

Today I'm staying very OP. I have pulled out some principles from something I tried (and succeeded at) years ago. It's called the Weigh Down Workshop. It's a bible-based program, but what I recalled most profoundly was that it made me very keen on eating only when hungry and stopping when satisfied. They didn't tell you what to eat, only to not eat when not hungry. But this time, I'm going to just add the concept to my Paleo practice. I still need to manage the diabetes with that.

Sometimes I eat when I'm not hungry at all, but because it's "time to eat". Other times I really struggle with hunger because I have not eaten enough, like after a weight training workout, but I'm frustrated because I already ate all my calories for the day. So I decided I'd play with the idea of eating just a few bites of food when I get hungry, then wait 20 minutes to see if I'm still hungry, then make the appropriate choice from there. When I did this the first time, I lost 40 lbs. I would have continued to lose weight, except for than minor matter of having gotten pregnant. No danger of that now!

So, so far today, I've had a total of just under 700 calories. I'll definitely be eating dinner after Pilates. I have salad planned, but not sure what to have for my protein. I'm going to be tired, so maybe a can of tuna will suffice.

Angela, have a great vacation! Take care, everyone!
Old 05-21-2013, 08:57 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 301/274/150

Hello everyone. I have been a little out of touch lately. Been busy getting ready for the upcoming holiday weekend and a weeks worth of camping. Looking forward to some much needed relaxation. Hope the weather cooperates. I look forward to reading everyones post. It is encouraging to read that I am not the "lone ranger". Others struggle with some of the same issues I do. Lately have been struggling with my glucose levels. Had lab work done awhile back and my A1C was 8.1. Doc wants it to be below 7. Had more blood work done last week. A1C levels came back at 6.3. Doc and I were both happy with the results. Hoping with my continuing weight loss and exercise that my A1C levels will continue to be in the normal range. Have a weigh-in coming up on Thursday. Hoping for good numbers on the scale. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 05-22-2013, 07:01 AM   #117  

I had a message from Carol last night that her dad was bad again. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

Carol- BIG HUG!!!

geo- I know eating when hungry and stopping before full helps me.I also find drinking a glass of water before eating really helps me.

heather- you will be in my thoughts as you make the move.

judy-I love plants, they make me happy!!!!

ubee-woohoo on the lb, they add up!!

daddygirl-great job on the A1C, hubbys was 6.9 and she wants it down to 6.0.
angela- enjoy the vacation!

Bonnie- glad you were able to stay on track while having company. Iknow its super hard for me when I have company!

I have really struggled the past 2 days to stay op. I have wanted food and sweet and carbs and dont forget salty. I did it though!! Scales are still way up but have to come down in a few more days when Tom backs his bags and moves on.
I am still wiped out from the wedding and dont understand why I am so tried. I will try and get some exercise today and hopefully that will help. I have been getting plenty of sleep so not sure whats up.

My plan for today is stripping all the beds in the house..fun fun
Old 05-22-2013, 07:44 AM   #118  

Nasty storms blew through here last night. Luckily we didn't lose power. Lots of trees down though.

Praying for your Dad, Carol.

Off to WW this morning. Back later.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:59 AM   #119  

Back from WW and the grocery store. Even though I did not have a POP week my efforts paid off. I lost 3.6 lbs. A good restart. Now to do even better saying "No!" to my head this week.

I really like the Jennie-O Lean Turkey Burger patties and was really disappointed that the market only had the ground turkey today. I have a huge aversion to touching ground meat, not eating it but I hate the feel of it when I have to make burgers or meat balls/loaf. It just feels creepy. Yup, I'm strange. So, I guess I'll have to try another store.

Oops! It's starting to rain. Gotta go shut windows.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:04 AM   #120  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Hello Everyone.

The last 4 days have been hard. I've eaten food that I did not prepare so I have no clue on the calories plus I've had things I shouldn't. That food is out of the house now and I'm back in my routine so today will be better. I really need to keep my environment clear of those foods.

daddysonlygirl2 great news at the Dr.! Weight coming off is good but getting healthy is so rewarding especially as we mature. Have fun camping.

Debbie it took me weeks to recover from our wedding and I did not even come close to doing as much as you. There is no way I would iron all those chair covers. I struggle with a few shirts.

Georgia I'm going to read up on cortisol since stress increases it also. So many interesting things to explore...

Judy nice going at WW!

Carol, prayers are sent your way.

May we all have a happy and healthy day and count our blessings.
Closed Thread