Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 11:29 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 297/234/126

Thanks everyone!!! I am so fragile right now and your thoughts really helped!

Ubee - It is exactly as yu say, it is what I WANT to do (so strongly its compelling to do it & so hard to resist), not what I NEED to do. And dgramie and Heather, if I do it, if I think about it honestly, it is probably more likely I will regain all that I lost than that I would somehow find a way to maintain. I am just going through a huge carb craving. I don't want just a few, I want lots & lots & lots.

Goeblewis, it took me a very long time to get those 55 pounds off, about 20 months now. I fear they could all come back very quick.

I don't know why I am struggling so now. I have not eaten sugar, flour, rice, pasta, potatos etc in over a month and really it has been several months (but about a month ago I had a small slip up with one slice of pizza and one scoop of ice cream). I am determined not to give in though. So far, am onplan today.

Vortex, I so appreciate your message. It is making me rethink how I look at the medication. It would be better to take it than have all those problems . . .

Thanks you all so much again!!!

Last edited by BonnieL; 05-14-2013 at 11:29 AM.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:02 PM   #77  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Greetings!

I am pissed with myself and I'm so glad I have you all to whine too and bounce ideas off of. You know I love you all and today is much better than yesterday was.

I've found my needle work so my hands have something to keep busy at. Reading the pattern will help to keep my mind off food.

So far today has been POP. I cooked my chicken on the grill for dinner while I ate lunch, so that's done. Planning on steaming some cauliflower and broccoli then tossing on a bit of Parm to go with the chicken. That will leave pts for a snack later. Fridge is full of water too.

I succeeded in keeping the car out of the Dunkins drive thru this morning. It wasn't easy.

Tomorrow I'm going to drag myself back to WW. No more excuses.

To those of you who are considering "taking a break" from your weight loss plans, I'm speaking from a current experience when I say don't do it!
I'm a pretty strong person but I'm going through heck right now trying to stay OP on a plan that worked beautifully for me, where I was losing steadily and had a great attitude about it. Then I tried to change things up a bit and it sent me off the proverbial cliff. If it works don't try to fix it.

Sun's out. Think I'll walk the dog for a bit.

Remember: Don't put food in your mouth if you already have food in your mouth.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:54 AM   #78  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Debbie, congrats on your progress!

It's late and I need to get to bed, so I'll just say: To all who are struggling, I believe in you. Judy, Heather, Carol, Georgia, your successes have been what inspired me to keep trying.

Had a lovely dinner with my friends. The chef made cioppini and a great kale salad, and I made an indulgent dessert that I had budgeted for (and because the thin people all ate some, I only came home with a couple of pieces, which I'll be able to spread out over a few days).

Also--I have no idea if this will be true for anyone else or if I'm even right to make this causal link in my own case, but I've found that since I started taking probiotics I'm more sensitive to sweets and more easily satisfied with a small piece of something or even a few bites. As far as I know there's no research making this association, so it could be coincidence, but I've had a bunch of other unexpected side benefits too, so I kind of think there was some underlying problem that the probiotics are helping with...

Okay, I really need to get to bed. Sleep tight all.

Last edited by Vortex_VVV; 05-15-2013 at 12:55 AM.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:16 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Morning! As the move gets closer (movers come in less than 2 weeks, and then I move into an extended stay hotel to finish out the term for 2 1/2 weeks), it's harder to stay on track, both from an emotional perspective and logistically. I'm at least trying not to gain any more weight!!
Old 05-15-2013, 07:27 AM   #80  

Height: 5'7"

well I made it back to 75lbs off from my highest. It sure is alot harder to lose this time around. Im sure my age is a factor and not to mention hormones or lack of.
Food has been great and even getting some exercise working in the yard and walking.
Today is my last day of work this week then wedding prep
Old 05-15-2013, 11:53 AM   #81  

I did it! I went back to WW this morning. Now my goal is what Deb's was - to get back to 75 lbs gone, then keep going! I started tracking again this morning.

Deb: I'm so proud of you. Congratulations on getting back to that 75 lb goal. I know it wasn't easy.

Heather: Upheaval is hard mentally and physically. Try to make some time each day to love yourself and look forward to a new home and new challenges. If you can plan your food ahead, do it. It'll be one less thing to worry about each day.

Angela: Congrats on sticking with it. You are doing really well. How are you taking probiotics? Are they tablets?

Everyone have a fantastic day!

Find time to take care of yourself. Nurturing your mind and spirit as well as your body is important for long-term success on and off the scale. (From W.W.)
Old 05-15-2013, 12:09 PM   #82  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

I made my second mini-goal: 10% of my body weight lost since starting WW mid-December!

Funny thing about WW online: they're great about giving you small achievable goals to start with (5%, then the next 5%) but after that the program doesn't know what to do with you, so it wanted my next goal to be 139! I set myself an achievable goal of the next 15 pounds instead.

Also a funny thing about the mind: I'm trying to get used to the idea of weighing less (I keep forgetting, when looking at sizing and stuff), and this morning I kept thinking "I weigh 375 now." No, that's not a typo. I kept thinking "3" even though I know it's "2." It's a good thing to have to remind myself.

Thanks for the encouragement, all.

Congrats are due all around:

Debbie, good job on making that 75 pound mark!

Judy, WTG getting back to your meeting!

Heather, I *sooo* admire you for staying mindful and accountable and realizing that maintenance is a good goal in your current situation.

Great energy around here!

Angela

Last edited by Vortex_VVV; 05-15-2013 at 12:16 PM.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:49 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

I agree with Angela. This thread does have good energy!

Debbie 75 pounds amazing!

Judy good job jumping back in the saddle.

Angela I am a vitamin/supplement nut. Did you notice right away? What else did you notice? Some believe that it allows for better absorption of nutrients so our body craves less food trying to find what it is missing.

Carol, Heather, Bonnie and Isles hang in there.

I walked for 90 minutes today. I haven't done that for years.

Have a good and healthy day everyone!
Old 05-15-2013, 06:36 PM   #84  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Hey chickies! Good to see you all here!

Angela, I am chuckling at the "3" vs "2" comment. I do that when I do the laundry. "These can't be my pants. My a$$ can't possibly fit squeeze into these." And then I see the Lane Bryant tag. And I get a good feeling all over again!

Yeah Deb!!! Yes, it seems so much harder to lose the fat as we age. I'm clinging to my weight training to keep building muscles. Hoping that'll increase my metabolism just enough to keep the scale moving in the right direction. So far, of the 20 lbs I regained, I'm down 4 lbs. In 8 weeks. Really?!!

Judy, I have taken up knitting for exactly that reason. Keep the hands and the brain too busy to consider what might be in the refrigerator.

I am still struggling with lack of sleep. Fortunately, the temps are dropping for a couple days and I hope to be sleeping all night again soon.

Later, chickies!
Old 05-15-2013, 09:41 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 297/234/126

I am doing better than I was before. I was OP today. Feel like maybe I've managed to avert a disaster!

When it was getting really bad, I wrote down everything I wanted to eat. It was kind of cathartic, like instead of gobbling it all down, I wrote it down and that helped get the urge out if me, that and looking at the list of what I would eat if I ate everything I wanted and realizing it was way out of control, and not a "maintenace break" at all, like I was telling myself it would be. In fact, it would probably have taken a few weeks to eat it all. I wrote it all down at work before lunch time, when I was about to go out and implement my new "maintenance plan." I felt so awful reading the list, and out of control, I actually started crying at work, and came here and read your posts, (which helped so much & made me feel less alone) and then at least I didnt actually go off my food plan. List was something like:

3-4 pints of Ben & Jerry's ice cream
3-4 big cookies
3-4 big cupcakes
3 one pound chocolate bars
a whole strawberry shortcake
brownies (a whole box of mix, then cooked)
a stack of pancakes
a loaf of bread with butter
a bowl of rice
a very big bowl of pasta with cream sauce and shrimp

Last edited by BonnieL; 05-15-2013 at 09:50 PM.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:46 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

I love the energy around here. I'm taking baby steps - made it to the pool last night - I didn't realize how stiff I was from sitting at the hospital for three weeks. Looking forward to getting to spend a few hours at home tomorrow to clean the house and dig in the dirt.

Debbie - enjoy the next few days with the wedding craziness.

Heather - this seems like it has gone from 6 months to 2 weeks so quickly. I'm thinking of you!

Big wave to all - stay strong!
Old 05-16-2013, 07:09 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Morning all! Really good energy here!!

I have a lovely day when I not only don't have to GO to work, but I don't have any work I'm going to DO! The effects of winding down are finally giving me a break. So today I have a long moving to-do list. I think I can also make a good eating plan. I also have a training appointment, so this might be a great day!!!
Old 05-16-2013, 07:16 AM   #88  

Im off work now and it feels good. I am drinking my coffee in my robe and getting ready to start cleaning. We are doing all the decorating today. I am pretty excited. I know lunch will be out today and I will eat OP. I am excited to stay on plan until the actual wedding day and then I am having a peice of cake...maybe both kind. LOL
It feels so good to be back at 75lbs off my body. I still have about 15 to get back to my lowest a few yrs ago.
Hope everyone has a perfect weekend and I promise to post some pictures sunday.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:23 AM   #89  

WooHoo! I slid through being POP yesterday with no problems. Here's oping today is the same.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:43 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Hello Everyone.

Yesterday I went for a long walk. Whenever I exercise I am so hungry. I eat back those calories and then some. I get plenty of protein. Does anyone have any advice?

Hi Georgia! Sorry I excluded you yesterday. I'm still learning and always will be.

Bonnie that list was a great idea. I may try it because it will show how out of control I have let myself get in the past and where I will end up in the future unless I stick to my healthy commitment.

Heather I've never had a big move. I am watching yours with excitement.

Carol I bet the pool felt great.

Debbie enjoy these next few days it should be a blast. Hold your head high and strut your stuff in your new dress!

Hi to all and have a great and healthy day!
Closed Thread