Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 10:41 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

The packers are here. It's going well. But because of the dogs I am not sleeping much. Need to figure this out...
Old 05-29-2013, 11:50 AM   #152  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Heather, best wishes on your move. I hope it all goes well. So sorry your dogs are messing with your sleep. Mine woke me up this morning at 6:30. If she's going to be so consistent with waking me up at 6:00 a.m., I need to stop going to bed so late!

I used to love moving, but that was because I was greatly dissatisfied with my situation and kept looking for a new place to start over. Now that I've found my "dream house", I have no intention of moving ever again! I really love where I am. It is such a blessing to me and my boys. I don't even feel like moving the furniture! This is very strange for me.

I had a brief 2-day bump up on the scale, but as of this morning, back down again. Trying to focus on success with each day, but also keeping in mind that my DEXA scan is coming up. I'm pushing the weight training and greatly limiting the carbs. My triceps are blissfully sore for the second day in a row. And yesterday, I guess I've lost enough so that proper side planks are now possible for me. I did several of them in Pilates class last night and today, all my side core muscles are telling me about it! Motrin for breakfast!

Have a great day, ladies!
Old 05-29-2013, 04:06 PM   #153  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

I am almost back to POP. Slipped a bit over the weekend but today has been good. It helps that we've begun a stretch of hot, very muggy weather. I'm to warm to want to eat much, even at home, much less get n the car and drive to get munchies I shouldn't be munching on.

Carol, Welcome back. Baby steps are good.

Heather, Good luck supervising the packers!

I'm off to pull the last load out of the dryer and to fold clothes.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:50 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 297/234/126

Just dropping quickly to say I was on plan today. Just got home from work, and need to get up in 8 hrs to go back. Ugh...
Old 05-29-2013, 11:34 PM   #155  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Home from vacation and just about settled back in... managed to lose a half pound in the course of the week, which is better than I expected.

Carol, thinking of you and all you're going through. Posting daily is a good goal in stressful times.

Ubee, I don't plan specific rewards, but when I find my motivation lagging sometimes I will reward myself for what I've done so far with a small splurge on clothes. I love daily weighing. It's gotten me used to normal fluctuations so I don't get upset with them, plus it's a way of starting the day by reminding myself that I have goal.

Heather, Best wishes for a SMOOTH move.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:04 AM   #156  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Heather - thinking of you, how many days of movers in your house?

I had lots of dirt therapy last night. I still have quite a bit to do but it felt so good to feel the earth in my hands. My muscles are telling me this morning I haven't been stretching enough lately.

Stay strong!
Old 05-30-2013, 07:35 AM   #157  

Height: 5'7"

I plan to spend a few hours in the dirt myself today. Weeds sure do grow fast, if only my plants grew that fast! I will find myself with a hoe in my hand later this morning.

Ubee- my scales are going back down because I had a huge jump last week in them. Not yet back to the weight I was on the wedding day. Pictures are coming in this week and I cant wait to share.

geo- I hate moving and will be facing it in a few years. I really dont want to even think about it! I know we need to downsize since its only hubby and I. I would love a one story house.

heather- hope the dogs make the move ok. I know it can be an adjustment for them. Hang in there and know you are in my thoughts.

bonnie- hi and hope you have a great week.

angela- wow, I always gain if im off work. I need routine!

carol- we are getting rain for the next 4 days.

judy-I slipped alot over the weekend!! Im glad to be back at it again. I feel so much better when I count my carbs and calories.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:41 AM   #158  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Hello Everyone!

Heather, good luck with your move and your dogs. How do you feel about the move?

Georgia, I am so impressed with all the exercising you do. Did you always like it?

Angela, thanks for your reply on weighing daily. So many warn against it so I never did it. I think it will help me to focus daily. How was your vacation? Our Peanut does not like to travel so I am an armchair traveler and love to hear of places others go.

Debbie, I am looking forward to seeing your pictures. I have not seen the pictures from our wedding yet. I will have to call the newlyweds and see if they got them yet.

I will plant a few vegetables today and then iron. Yuck! I walked out back today and I am happy to report the bees have been busy. I should have apples, pears, and even nectarines this year!

Have a safe and healthy day!
Old 05-30-2013, 10:02 AM   #159  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Hey, moving update: they finished packing yesterday, and started loading the truck today. Should finish tomorrow. Then we can get the painters etc in...

We're in a hotel with the dogs. They are doing okay, but not handling this great -- the change of place, routine. I'm not sleeping well. Hopefully this will get better soon.

Now, I have to try to rent a shop vac so we can clean the garage and basement after they leave.

My scale is ... somewhere... so I don't know how that's doing... Food is weird. Eating more but less often during the day...
Old 05-30-2013, 12:18 PM   #160  
Renaissance Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubee View Post
Georgia, I am so impressed with all the exercising you do. Did you always like it?
Ubee - to be honest, I'm not a naturally athletic or active person. I have only been exercising regularly for a few years. I had to have perfect conditions...I don't feel like exercising when I'm on my own (despite the fact that I have all the equipment/DVDs one would ever need!) and I do best in a supportive community environment. I don't like to do cardio workouts in a class. I find those stupid step-things to be ridiculous! They make no sense at all to me. I'd rather attend a free-dance class with really good music, a couple cocktails and some fun people to dance with. I can move like that for hours! Motivation is everything.

But I found that once a workout is over, I feel so happy and so good. So the biggest hurdle is to get my socks and shoes on and get into my class. Brain forgets how good I felt the day before (stoopit brain!) so the struggle to get to my workout is the same every day. I am so fortunate to actually work in a fitness studio and part of my job is to exercise once a day. And my boss, she is a bulldog about me exercising! She looks at me and sees an athlete. She tells me this all the time. I look in the mirror and can't see it.

I also had to find things I loved doing. I love Pilates, so I do that three hours a week. The cardio class that I do (also three hours a week) isn't a traditional cardio class. It's more of an active functional movement class. We only do about 30 minutes of cardio work that involves the step, but we also take walks around the parking lot or around the block, and the class is structured so that we get our heart rate up for about 20 minutes, then start adding movements that strengthen joints, stretch ligaments, even getting our feet and toes stretched out to prevent plantar fasciitis. We layer in work with dumbbells to build the whole shoulder girdle, and bicep and triceps strength. We do a variety of squats, even shifting our weight from leg to leg, to improve lower body strength and our balance. And we also use TRX straps to achieve all of that too. Then back down to the benches to do planks and push-ups, then stretch out our hamstrings and quads. The hour goes by so fast!

I've added my extra triceps work and extra push-ups because I really want to do them properly in class. How cool would it be for a 300-lb 52-year-old woman to knock out some push-ups? I don't know if I can do it at my weight, but I'm enjoying trying to get there. My body seems to love weight training.

I'm helping my boss get to where we can offer these sorts of workouts on a channel on YouTube. Not sure how long it'll take for us to get there, but I've got it in the 3-year plan. We're designing restorative fitness workouts, for people who have damaged something and can't do what they used to do when they were 20. Lately we are getting middle-aged men in the studio for us to fix them after they have tried to be like in their 20s and do silly mid-life crisis exercise-related things to their bodies at CrossFit. But we also have women in their 70s who worked hard all their lives but never exercised and are now struggling with just walking and the physical therapists don't know how to help them. It is rewarding to see all their progress.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:14 PM   #161  

My tiny garden is in. Now I am procrastinating on the ironing.

Georgia, I am in awe. I hope you make the you tube videos. They would be great for those of us who do not have access to trainers. All the videos I've seen are for young healthy people.

I agree with getting your socks and shoes on are the hardest part. I like my walks, once my feet move.

Thank you for taking the time to get back to me. I'm going to look up some of the things you talked about since some of it is Greek to me.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:46 PM   #162  
Renaissance Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubee View Post
Thank you for taking the time to get back to me. I'm going to look up some of the things you talked about since some of it is Greek to me.
Tee hee! And I am, in fact, Greek. I always crack up when people say that to me. I will let my boss know that there are important people waiting on us to get these videos out! Maybe she'll stop fussing and we'll get them done in less than three years.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:06 AM   #163  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Just gliding by... the day went by so quickly and I need to get to bed. Hope everyone has a good Friday.

Heather hang in there... here it is!
Old 05-31-2013, 07:27 AM   #164  

Eating was strange yesterday, my stomach was a bit off but I stayed close to plan. I skipped dinner but had a couple of cheese crackers later in the evening. Calories were ok.
Did anyone see the diet segment on GMA yesterday. It was about carbs turning to sugar. Very interesting..basically said that if you eat an apple with 20 carbs in it, it turns into 80 grams of sugar once its processsed in your body. They suggest staying below a 100 grams of processed in your body grams of sugar.So I guess that would be 25grams of carbs a day. Im sure the segment is online..check it out. I know I cant go that low on carbs. I do know that carbs really affect hubbys glucose.
Old 05-31-2013, 10:29 AM   #165  

Hello Everyone!

Yesterday was OP and I got a walk in.

Busy day today which is good because I have less time to wander into the kitchen.

Have a good day, be healthy and stay safe.
Closed Thread