Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 08:46 PM   #16  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

I'm not getting done with my semester's-end grading as quickly as I'd like to, but the end of the semester is at least here. Worked out a lot yesterday and today... muscles are really feeling it. Funny I can get more motivated to work out than to clean... maybe I should start counting half my cleaning time as exercise minutes to motivate myself to clean!

Carol, keep staying strong. We're all thinking of you.

Heather and Judy: Sounds like it's time for some Can we help?

Georgia, sounds like a nice visit. Have fun!

Isles, I'd second Georgia's recommendation of cold wax strips. They are easy to use, results last at least a couple of weeks, and regrowth is finer. I've been doing this since my 20s, and honestly I just don't give any thought to who will do it when I can't. I hope I'll never get to that point, but if I do, the nursing home staff will just have to live with it. Surely it won't be any worse than the saggy tattoos they'll be looking at on other patients...

Daddy's girl, sounds like those "gains" weren't real. This happens to me quite regularly and is usually followed by a "woosh week" like the one you had.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:31 AM   #17  

Height: 5'7"

Isles- I also use veet strips! I have a problem with the top corners of my mouth. I also have a few nagging chin hairs in a scar and they work wonders on that area. As for eyebrows, I have to get them done. I dont have many but like to keep them in shape.

Ok Im feeling a bit stressed here. Wedding is 2 weeks away and I have so much to get done. I will spend the weekend cleaning, then planning out food and such for the day before and the day of the wedding. We live in a rural area and no time to go out to lunch on the day of the wedding so I need to plan for food to be here for the girls and my own family. IM open to suggestions, I was thinking ham and turkey but my daughter doesnt like that idea because she is serving them at the wedding. Im thinking maybe make up a bunch of bbq chicken to have in the crock pot for the wedding day lunch. any ideas ladies????

No loss this week, in fact the scales are up and I have stayed op! I will stay the course and pray they go down over the weekend.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:12 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Fly by: I went to a conference in Chicago yesterday and was much better food-wise and even got some walking in! I was good and ordered the salad at lunch and that helped cement things for the day.

Going back today so we'll see what happens.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:36 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Hello Everyone,

I had a rough afternoon yesterday. Too much teenage drama. I ate for a whole hour and then stopped.

daddysonlygirl2-Great news on the loss and not getting discouraged. When I started I made a commitment to be healthy for a year. No scale goals. I knew if I tried to be healthy the scale would go down.

Vortex-I too dislike housework. I read the book Shed, Your Stuff, Change Your Life. It has helped tremendously! In the book she said not to be surprised if during this process you started to lose weight. I thought "Never going to happen!" I was wrong...

dgramie- We just finished our wedding. We had fruit, cheese, and chicken salad sandwiches. We also had a light lunch after, followed by a family style dinner in the evening. Good luck! I am still recovering.

Heather- Glad you had a good day!

Carol- Prayers to you.

Everyone take care and let's focus
Old 05-04-2013, 08:19 AM   #20  

ubee- we are having a meal with fingerfoods at the wedding. I need to come up with food for lunch the day of the wedding. I dont want anyone passing out from a busy day and blood sugars dropping. My girls both have trouble with blood sugar dropping.
Its a rainy yucky cold day here in KY. I am thankful that I can stay home today and clean. I really have alot of outside work to do but will just put it all off to next weekend.
My scales finally went back to my low point. I was really getting worried but knew I hadnt done anything wrong. I am making salisbury steak today from scratch. I love cooking and can control myself with them. I think it will be alot easier to stay on track with cooking at home this weekend and skip going out to eat.
Hubbys bday is monday so I will be making a cake tomorrow afternoon but making a kind I dont care for. LOL
Carol- please keep us posted on your daddy.
Old 05-04-2013, 02:00 PM   #21  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Yesterday was better. I'm slowly getting back on track. So far today I've been POP and I'll be able to stick like glue the rest of the day. I have it planned out.

Fridge is back to looking like it belongs to a healthy eater. I got the grill out and cleaned up, ready to cook on it.

This morning I got back in WW eTools and got back to being honest about counting points.

I hate being out of control and I really hate it when I don't listen to myself when I say "NO".

Heather: Great job at the conference! Be proud!

Deb: I don't envy the wedding prep. That you can stay OP says a lot about you. Stress can make the weight stick. Worry about it after the wedding. You know you're doing what you should. Can you make a list of things that you can set aside doing until after the wedding?

Angela: I'll take sone of that . It's great to see you being so strong.

Carol: Keeping you and the family in my thoughts and prayers.

Everyone else: Hope you have a happy, POP weekend.

The person who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones. Chinese Proverb
Old 05-05-2013, 07:22 AM   #22  

well I ran around with a girlfriend yesterday and we had a good day. We ate lunch at our mexican place and I didnt stay op. I came home and started getting a sore throat. I ate a couple of squares of pizza last night. IM back on plan today and will stay OP.I plan on being op all the way up to the day of the wedding. I want to look great in that dress! Oh I finally found new shoes for the wedding. I think they wont bother my knee as bad as some because they are a wedge heel.

Judy- so glad you are back OP

carol- Still praying for you and your family. Big hugs my dear friend!!!

angela- did you have a rainy weekend there like we have here?

hi to everyone else!!!
Old 05-05-2013, 08:46 AM   #23  

Went to a Church supper last night. We went early since it's popular. I managed to stay POP but then got hungry later in the evening and blew it.

Today's a new day. I think I'll have dinner later than 4:15.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:39 AM   #24  

judy- we always try and eat by 5 if possible. I know we feel better and hubbys blood sugars are better.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:19 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Morning! I did a lot of running around and hauling yesterday in preparation for the move. I'm counting a bunch of that as exercise. And while I didn't count all my food as I went, I did decent on food yesterday. No binges or crazy eating. Probably not POP, but feeling in control.

Got a plan that gets me to the gym today and that's a good thing, too.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:51 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Hi Everyone,
Yesterday I was eating a lot. At 3pm I decided to STOP eating for the day. I would never have done that before finding this site. I had to be told it is OK to skip a meal when you aren't hungry.
Old 05-05-2013, 04:50 PM   #27  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Not a lot to report here. I did have a pleasant surprise yesterday--I had two events to attend, one a dinner and one a party immediately following (both work-related) and so I kept breakfast and lunch moderate, but I still found myself eating more than I planned at the events. When I tracked for yesterday, I found that I had stayed within my points for the day--or at least close, if my estimates of portions were a little off. I guess my habits are actually changing a little.

And, no exercise yesterday and probably not much today. Must get back to grading, and must finish today.

Heather, sounds like things are looking up for you. I'm so glad--and so glad you've stuck with us when days have been tough.

Ubee, sounds like a good experience but I hope you don't have to repeat it too often.

Debbie, yes, rain, rain, rain, rain. At least it hasn't been too heavy, just constant!

Okay, ladies, back to these grades. Hi to all I've missed!

Angela
Old 05-05-2013, 05:49 PM   #28  

WooHoo Angela! Great decisions.

I had a long talk with myself when I got in the car today. It consisted of "You can stop for ONLY iced tea." I listened!!!!!! I've been POP all day and actually have points left over so I can have a snack later. It's been a while since I could say that.

Yay for me.

Edited to note that I ended up blowing the day. Damn.

Last edited by j-ann; 05-06-2013 at 08:08 AM.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:01 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Here I am trying to get back to some normalcy in my routine. I had stayed POP until Thursday dinner when we went out for our anniversary. Since then I am up 9.25 lbs. WOW! Dad is doing better and they will send him home soon even though we still don't know if he can walk. We'll cross that bridge today.

Will try to read and catch up with all tonight.

Stay strong!
Old 05-06-2013, 07:02 AM   #30  

Well the count down is moving right along. I cant believe that it will be here so soon. I have a feeling I will be tearing up alot in the next week and a half. Just feels strange knowing my baby is leaving the nest soon for good. I am thankful she will live just a few miles away. My older 2 kids live over an hour away from us.
I did just ok yesterday and scales showed me that I didnt do my best. TOday is hubbys bday and I made his cake yesterday and had a sliver of it. I am making his favorite meal today but its not a favorite of mine so I should be ok.
I really want to hit it hard the next week and a half. I would at least like to get to the 30lbs mark. I stayed the same last week at 29lbs off.
We are in for a very rainy week ahead.

Carol- still praying for your dad and family!! Let us know how things are going please!!
Closed Thread