Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 07:23 AM   #121  

Height: 5'7"

Ubee- thanks I needed to hear its ok to still be exhausted!! I guess it all caught up with me. I have been in bed early every night this week but still cant seem to shake exhaustion. Starting back on vitamins today to see if they help, not sure when i stopped taking them. lol

carol- know you are in my thoughts. HUGS!!

Judy- GREAT LOSS!!!!

I was able to stay op yesterday again but still the scale isnt moving back down. Tom is evil and I am ready to be done with him for good!!!
Old 05-23-2013, 09:43 AM   #122  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Hello Everyone.

Yesterday was OP and I even went for a walk. Then I got some upsetting news... I did eat too many calories but I realized how far I have come. The most unhealthy thing I ate was 1/2 a bagel with cream cheese. Also I kept telling myself "How is eating going to help the situation." All in all I think I did great.

Debbie it has taken me a month. Nice work on the vitamins. I love my vitamins.

Carol thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Georgia I read a quote the other day and I thought of you.

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom."

Wishing us all a happy and healthy day!
Old 05-23-2013, 09:57 AM   #123  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Carol...

Debbie...sleep is the best, isn't it? And thank you for reminding me to take my vitamins. I always forget.

j-ann...latex gloves.

daddysgirl...I brought my A1c from 6.9 to 6.0 with a low-carb diet and exercise, and am maintaining it in the same way. You've done very well! It's tough work!

My little plans are finally working for me and the scale is singing my song this morning! When I rejoined the group I had gotten up to 319 lbs. It's been a roller coaster, but this week I've finally dropped to 312.8 lbs. I have achieved it by cutting both carbs (under 50 net gm.) and calories (keeping it at least 500 gm. below TDEE). I have two weeks till my next DEXA scan. 8 weeks ago I had gotten down to 309 lbs. when I went it to be scanned. My LBM was 152 lbs. I really was hoping to be down 20 lbs. after 10 weeks. That is not going to happen, but at least I won't be going back weighing more than when I started! (I HOPE!!!)

Today, I'm staying OP, with the exception of working out. The studio is closed tonight. I'm spending the morning taking my car to the shop. Someone hit it sometime in the last few weeks, but I only recently noticed it. It was the passenger side running board that was bent, and since I'm the only driver, I didn't notice it. Deductible is $500. *sigh* Between that and the upcoming costs of my son's football equipment, it feels like I won't be out of debt till next year. But my oldest finally has a job! It is not a glorious computer job for which he erroneously believes to be qualified. It's a job mowing lawns! Yes! He needs some low-paying physical labor to get a reality check! Life is NOT about Dungeons and Dragons 24/7!

(I may have let my personal feelings about that matter slip out a little too much...)

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 05-23-2013, 07:53 PM   #124  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Went out to lunch with my Aunt. I treated myself to a fancy burger. It's a good thing it's Thurs. Weigh in is Wednesday so I had a lot of extra points available. I could not finish the burger (I did not force myself either!) and just sampled the fries. I didn't use all those extra points. I planned and journaled.

Carol, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:58 PM   #125  
Renaissance Woman

Pretty proud of myself at the moment. I survived a conversation with my mother and do not feel compelled to get over it with my face in a bucket of KFC. (That used to be my favorite "therapy" for maternal angst.)

She was talking about my uncle John. He was my dad's cousin. He passed away late last week at age 86. We weren't close family (they were wise people to stay away from the overly dramatic branch of the family), but I always remember him as the kindest of men and a gentle soul. He worked hard, loved his wife for all of their 59-year marriage, helped raise brilliant daughters. So what did my mother have to say about him?

"He got fat and died of a heart attack. I can't believe how fat he got. His daughters must have been so angry with him because he got fat." (His daughters are both nurses.)

I could have said something to my mother about her attitude, but she's 84 and has been like that as long as I can recall. Instead I told her I had to go and hung up.

Really, Mom? And you wonder why I don't call you?

I'm glad I have loads and loads of absolutely wonderful women such as yourselves in my life to remind me that there is kindness and warmth in this world. I am grateful to you all!

Last edited by geoblewis; 05-23-2013 at 09:59 PM.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:40 AM   #126  

Geo- good job on not turning to food. I think it sounds like you handled it perfectly.

Carol- your daddy looks good in the pic on fb. Cant wait to hear the latest on him.

judy- way to go on not finishing the burger and only sampling the fries.

I had a pop day yesterday but scales are still not moving. I know its tom but he should be packing his bags today and heading out.I plan to eat lots of protien this weekend and really watch my carbs.
woke up to a chilly day here in KY. We are in the lower 40s.

Anyone have exciting weekend plans? MY plans include some yard work but mostly relaxing in the house and hopefully getting rested up.
going to make a short to do list each day but basically just chill in the house and enjoy the time off without kids.
Hubby will grill at some point over the weekend.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:50 AM   #127  

I have been feeling a bit down this week and just realized its empty nest.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:38 AM   #128  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Cool and rainy start today. I'm planning on finishing my needle work project by the end of the weekend then going back to the one I began last year.

Hope everyone remembers to take a few minutes to do something nice for themselves today.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:21 PM   #129  

Hello Everyone!

There is a spring in my step today! Yesterday I was reading in the maintainers forum about "What does it feel like to be thin?" http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/livi...like-thin.html I realized that I have lost enough weight that I can notice changes. However my brain is still heavy... So today I did some things that are always "so much work". It is not so hard anymore! No more excuses or having someone else do it. I can do it and I will do it.

Have a healthy and grateful day!
Old 05-24-2013, 07:24 PM   #130  
Renaissance Woman

Quote:
Anyone have exciting weekend plans? MY plans include some yard work but mostly relaxing in the house and hopefully getting rested up.
Debbie, I'm 52 and relaxing around the house sounds very exciting to me! As for empty nest...I feel sympathy for you. At the same time, I don't know how to empathize with that. I still have boys in the house. Some days I have empty nest envy.

Ubee, I have never in my life felt "thin". There was a point in my life where I was at the appropriate weight but I still felt "fat" or was told that I was. I just felt bigger than everyone and it made me so self-conscious. I remained with that for so long, like I was taking up more than my fair share of the planet. Somewhere along the way I let go of that. I don't know how I'll feel about feeling thin. I still hold up my newest pair of jeans after they come out of the dryer and wonder if they're my son's jeans, then look at the label and realize that I do in fact fit in them.

Today I could feel this week's weight loss because I was in Pilates class and working on push-ups and it is very obvious that I am not far from actually being able to do them fully. It seems to be just a matter of losing enough weight. I am curling 25-lb. dumbbells. It's an effort, but not as big as it used to be. I love feeling strong like that!

Keeping a low-profile over the weekend. Yard work, one night out to see old friends, maybe some sightseeing in the country. I think I'd like to get the barbecue out. I want to see how many spiders are in it.

Have a good one!
Old 05-25-2013, 07:59 AM   #131  

Im thinking lunch out today and then we will grill later in the weekend. I am hitting walmart today for some more plants and a new shovel. I will dig a spot for a garden today. I am so looking foward to playing in the dirt.
Scales are still up.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:59 AM   #132  

Hello Everyone.

It seems many here like to garden. Gardening for me is like weight loss. I do not like to plant and weed, but I like to pick the harvest and eat it. I do not like to watch what I eat and exercise, but I want to feel healthy and look trim. So today I will submit to the process to reap my rewards in the future.

Debbie, my body needed to rest after the wedding and I too gained a few pounds. Now I can feel it is ready to roar again! My nest is not empty, however I like to think "An empty nest is full of opportunity".

Georgia, I have never been thin. Some days I do feel thin and some days I feel like I have not shed a pound.

Have a healthy and safe day everyone!
Old 05-25-2013, 02:08 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 297/234/126

Hi everyone! To answer questions, when visitors were here I did not do my tyoical exercise, but we were walking around all day and very active, so I think it was probably ok on the exercise front.

Am struggking a little still. Headaches from low blood sugar are back, even though I've been eating pretty good. Don't know what the problem is. But weight is coming off a little. S good on that front!

Georgia: sounds like a good way to handle your mom. my mom talks the same negative way. so frustrating . . .

Last edited by BonnieL; 05-25-2013 at 02:10 PM.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:46 AM   #134  

I didnt stay OP yesterday. I will be back op today!We are grilling for lunch and I will really watch my carbs.
Dont know for sure what triggered us to eat bad yesterday. I know I am frustrated that the scales are still up but that is no excuse for blowing a day. OH well back at it today!!
Old 05-26-2013, 12:05 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 301/274/150

Height: 5'5"

Just wanted to do a quick check-in before we leave for a weeks vacation (camping). Did well at weigh-in on Friday. Was hoping to lose 3 pounds, but was nicely surprised with a 5 pound loss. Hope I can continue to lose while on vacation. Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday weekend and a good week.
Closed Thread