Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 07:32 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default 300+ And Getting Fit after 40 #265

300+ And Getting Fit after 40 #264

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This group is for those dealing with the challenges of being fit when you have a significant amount of weight to lose which becomes harder after age 40. If you're an old or new friend and not over 40 and feel this is the place to post, jump right in.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:39 AM   #2  

Ok...where is everyone??

I am going to get past this mental block and get the weight off. Its been a year that I have been stuck at this size.
My plan...is to eat only veggie and fruit based carbs. Eat lots of grilled and baked protien. Eat often... drink at least 128 ounces of water a day.Im even debating about cutting out my sweetner. Increase my walking distance and either lift weights or jump on the minitramp 3 times a week.I plan on exercising for at least 2 solid hours on m-w-t. I would love to join in the bl group going on in our town but just cant afford it. Its 150 up front, just cant do it right now....so im doing it on my own.
ITs a new month and a fresh start. Got a plan??
Old 06-01-2010, 09:24 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

I'm home - not rested yet but home. What an amazing journey we had - Alaska and the trip were magnificent.

Deb - I'm with you - time to get this process moving again! Today has been great and I feel so much better already.

Where's everybody?
Old 06-01-2010, 10:18 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Count me in!! My crazy school year is winding to a close and it's time to move off the weight I put on the past 2 years. I'm upping my exercise, and going to try to eat a lot of the fresh veggies that (hopefully) come out of our yard. I need to start being more strict about calorie counting too.

And despite me saying FORever that I don't focus on how much water I drink, I think I am going to try to drink more...

Hey! That's a plan!
Old 06-01-2010, 11:59 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 318/219/175

I am new to the group. My name is Sandy. I turned 40 this year and have been overweight my whole life. Three weeks ago I joined at The Metabolic Research Center at my doctor's suggestion. I cannot image myself thin so I have struggled with each weight loss attempt and eventually failed. I am hoping this is the time I am able to carry through. It is the first time I have reached out for support. I am glad to have this group available and look forward to getting to know others in the group.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:15 AM   #6  

Welcome, Sandy!! We're glad to see you jump right in!
Old 06-02-2010, 07:16 AM   #7  

Great day yesterday - amazing what one day POP can do. I am ready to fight the fight and break through my 100 lb mental block. I realized while hiking in Alaska I still have a long way to go - I want to do so much. I haven't felt restrained because of my weight for awhile - mountains are not very forgiving requiring lots of stamina and strength - more than a 5k on city streets.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:18 AM   #8  

Carol -- So glad to hear you had an OP day!!
Old 06-02-2010, 07:21 AM   #9  

Thanks Heather!

Welcome Sandy - great to see you!
Old 06-02-2010, 07:23 AM   #10  

I had a great OP day and plan to have another today. Breakfast will be eggs and squash(not out of my garden but a neighbors). I am so excited!!! Lots of yard work yesterday.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:00 AM   #11  

Deb - how was the squash? Can't believe you're able to harvest already. We had such a late spring everything is delayed.

Back to the gym yesterday - short workout but good. Back in my groove. I see a weekend of grilled meals in my future - everything but the salad.

Judy, Barb, Terri, Lillion, and all the other MIA's - hope all is well.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:10 AM   #12  

I am kind of excited for my squash and a little scared... I started a lot of seeds, not knowing if they would all germinate... I've already thinned out a few but I may be rolling in squash this summer. I've already started looking up recipes!!

I've decided to move to 2 workouts with my trainer this summer as a way to jumpstart weightloss and healthy living again. That starts next week!!
Old 06-03-2010, 07:31 PM   #13  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Wow, sounds like everyone's energized. I'm trying to be, really.

I'll just confess that my eating the past week has been horrible. Exercise hasn't been great, either. I'm pretty proud of myself for at least trying to keep up the exercise, though. I've been doing my wallowing pretty regularly. Actually, once I tried doing some in-bed stretching first thing in the morning, I found that getting up was more pleasant, so I'll probably keep doing that even after the foot is healed.

But I've got to do something about my eating. I know that I'm doing so badly as a response to the situation I'm in, but I need to come up with a POSITIVE response instead of being content to let circumstances control my life.

It's pouring down rain right now, but when it stops I'll go to the grocery store and get a little produce.

Tomorrow I'm going to eat at least 2 healthy meals.

I will. I will. I will.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:15 PM   #14  

Angela - I've shared your one healthy meal with a friend who is struggling. What a fantastic idea - glad to hear you are moving to two healthy meals. I missed it - what happened to your foot?

Good day here today - the fatigue I'd been anticipating finally hit - and hit hard. Jet lag and I are not friends - glad my weekend is here and I can move past it.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:05 AM   #15  

The squash was awesome!! I cant wait to get some from my plants. I have lots of leaves but no blooms still.
I started mine from seeds in the ground, I usually use starter packs inside but decided to just wait and do seeds outside. I also did my zuc and cucumbers from seeds. Its a huge money saver!! I have 9 heels of yellow squash and 2 of zucs.
heather_ i may need you to share some of those recipes if mine does good. Last year I froze alot.
carol- REST!! and drink water!!
angela- 2 healthy meals a day is great!

Anyone seen Teri, geo, lillian, Penny??
Closed Thread