Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 07:24 PM   #46  

Height: 5'7"

Please say a prayer for Carols dad, he is back in ICU and pretty bad! I just had a text from her. Thought everyone would want to know.

I had a pop day and enjoyed having salmon patties for dinner. I forget about them and how much I love them, high in protien and low carbs.
Old 05-09-2013, 02:58 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Hi Everyone,

I passed my kidney stone! So glad I did not have to get zapped.

Carol, I am praying for your family and guidance for the medical staff.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:34 AM   #48  

ubee- so glad you were able to pass that stone. I have had a few rounds and one was in a spot it couldnt be zapped,they had to go and get it. NO FUN!!!
I think drinking a full gallon of water a day has really helped me keep from making more stones.

Judy- sorry I missed you in my post yesterday. How are you doing??

I had a good day yesterday and made salmon patties and they sure hit the spot. I even baked them in the oven. I will try and remember this as a change up for my other meats.
I tried to get into the dr yesterday for my cold and sinus mess. She was out sick, hoping she is back in the office today and I can get in this afternoon. I cant be sick, we have too much going on.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:07 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Debbie -- Thanks for the info about Carol's dad. Carol, I hope he pulls through quickly, and that you are doing okay!

Got some tasks knocked off my Move ToDo list... feels good.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:10 AM   #50  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Sorry ladies, another crazy day (how does this happen when I'm not teaching?)

Just saying I'm thinking of you all.

Carol, best wishes to you, your father, and family.

Heather, I'm glad it was a good one.

Ubee, good news for you too.

Judy, hanging in??

Off to bed....
Old 05-10-2013, 06:52 AM   #51  

It feels so good to go to the dr and them comment on your weight loss. I am down 28lbs by her scales. She also pointed out that I normally have my appointments in the early am and that scales are normally up about 3lbs by late afternoon. My blood pressure was also down by over 10points for both top and bottom numbers. woohoo
Got an antibotic and hoping to feel better in a day or two.
POP day yesterday!
Old 05-10-2013, 08:25 AM   #52  

Debbie -- What great news from the Doc!!

Great workout yesterday, and eating was okay, but I ate all three meals out... and def not POP.

I need to find a trainer when we move to Maine, because I don't push myself the way a trainer pushes me...
Old 05-10-2013, 02:30 PM   #53  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

So sorry to hear about Carol's dad. Keeping him and your family in my thoughts, Carol.

Debbie! What wonderful results! And validation from the doctor is always nice!

So today, the fifth person in a row that has told me I look slimmer. I have no idea why. The scale doesn't say that at all! But I guess all my working out is paying off with muscle growth as well as fat loss. My clothes might be feeling just a little looser. It's so hard to wrap my head around it because I've gained three pounds since I went in for my DEXA scan. My next one is June 9. I'm trying really hard to focus on my efforts so I'll get a good result.

Weekend is going to be busy. My youngest got his driving permit so we'll be out tearing up the parking lot at Walmart, I guess. I have a pool party to attend Saturday (and I'm bringing dessert) and then going out for Mother's Day with my mother and my sister and her family, plus my boys. Yeesh! I really don't like Mother's Day. The holiday is just fraught with expectations!
Old 05-10-2013, 07:51 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 297/234/126

Hi - I'm in my mid-forties and was almost 300pounds (297 at my highest). Hope it is ok to jump in and introduce myself.

I've been dieting for almost 2 years but still have a long way to go. It has been very slow going, but I'm so thankful I have not regained this time, and am afraid that if I stop it will all come back again. I am hoping not to have to take medication for blood sugar, and trying to lose as much weight as I can in the next few weeks before going back to the doctor.

I was so glad to come across this thread, and be able to connect with other who understand what it is like to have so much to lose.

Last edited by BonnieL; 05-10-2013 at 07:55 PM.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:09 PM   #55  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Sorry I've been missing. I'm still trying to get back into a good place with my weight loss. I'm getting better sticking with my plan and I was only a few points over today. That's a lot better than being so far over I'd give up counting. I'm going to get back to WW meetings next week. I need to sit there and relearn everything I know in hopes I can get back OP.

Praying for you, your Dad and your family Carol.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:31 AM   #56  

I think I feel a bit better this morning. We are heading out to visit our moms today. It will be a quick trip because our kids are coming home today to celebrate my mothers day.
Scales are down 1lb so that puts me at 30lbs off by my scales. woohoo
I know I wont make my wedding weight goal but Im happy with the weight I have lost. I know my dress will fit nicely. Yes I will continue to work on my weight. I want to be below 200 by the end of the yr. Havent been there in many many yrs.
Have a great weekend and try and stay POP!! I know Im going to try hard!
Old 05-11-2013, 09:20 AM   #57  

Welcome, Bonnie! We DO understand!!

Debbie -- That is fantastic!!!!!

Def not OP yesterday... le sigh. But I made a lovely homemade soup using the last of my soup stock. Good thing the weather got cool for us to enjoy it!
Old 05-12-2013, 05:53 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Hello Everyone,

I've been sliding down a slippery slope so I am going to dig my heels in and STOP. I've been eating carbs and sugars. Healthy ones but they are not good for me with my health issues.

Welcome Bonnie! Keeping your weight off for two years is amazing. You are right it will come back if we stop. Hopefully our changes become a life long habit. I am also so happy to find people who do understand.

Debbie way to go at the Dr's. office. It will be a nice surprise for my Dr. next time I show up.

Georgia good luck with your sons driving. I'm all done with that. THANK GOD!

Stay focused and have a good day!
Old 05-12-2013, 02:32 PM   #59  

I had a perfect day yesterday!! Got to see my precious mom and mother inlaw. Went and saw my daddys headstone for the first time and am able to now say I am thankful he is gone and not suffering anymore.
My kids came home and cooked dinner for me and allowed me to sit and visit with my sister inlaw and play with my grandkids! It was a great day!!
Today I went to church and celebrated being brought up by a christian mom!
This next week will be a crazy busy one for me. I am taking today as a ME day! Thinking a nap is in order.
Happy Mothers Day to all MOms!
Old 05-12-2013, 08:30 PM   #60  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Happy mother's day, all.

Welcome, Bonnie! I too am hoping to be able to get off diabetes meds.

Judy, YOU CAN DO THIS! Look at how far you've come.

Ubee, Good job checking in when you're struggling. I think staying accountable is a key step in getting back on track.
Closed Thread