Weight Loss News and Current Events Discuss the latest weight loss news headlines and major events.

Old 06-01-2013, 05:01 PM   #16  

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetermined2 View Post
It seems that some of the things that some (not all) dieters cut out while dieting, such as the orange juice and the bananas to cut calories and glycemic load, are the very things that we should be keeping in our diets to reduce inflammation and the cascade that it triggers.
It all just seems to point to a certain way we should be eating. That way simply doesn't provide any room for any of the processed foods that currently pervade 99% of the way we eat. Gut bacteria is just another neon sign saying... stop it!

Based on this information I have actually given up chocolate. I have long noticed that it seemed to have a massive disastrous effect on my dieting efforts -- even a small amount. But, I could never quite do it because I couldn't quite figure any reason why something that allegedly had 100 calories could stop me from losing for days.

I find the whole thing very interesting.
Emma4545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:33 AM   #17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardTorres View Post
We constantly talk about "metabolism" being destroyed by consuming low calories. Your bowel just does not get the appropriate bacteria when you're eating a modest number of food it needs. giving your body many diverse strains of bacteria...
I think that makes sense too. It isn't metabolism that is doing it. There have been many studies showing that the metabolism does not change that much in response to cutting back or eating more food. That your body struggles for balance in everything and will strive to keep the metabolism even. So I do not think that it is even possible for us to really make a substantial dip or increase in the metabolism... but clearly, people have an effect so something is happening.
Emma4545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 03:38 PM   #18  

Height: 5'8"

This is good information.
PalmBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:57 AM   #19  

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3875034.html

More and more this seems to be fact. It even seems like a reason diets don't work after a while because you aren't getting diverse gut microbes.
AnnRue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:14 AM   #20  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

That was interesting. I know from personal experience how important gut bacteria can be -- for some reason still unknown, mine went haywire for about 7 months. Test after test, nothing. I took good old "Align" for a few months, right as rain again!

As for it causing/linked to obesity, I can't blame my gut flora (or lack of) for getting crazy obese in my life. I blame shoving Big Macs & Dairy Queen into my gullet non-stop for 15 years
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote