Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 09:33 PM   #211  

Hotwings,
Here is what I found on the internet on preserving a carved pumpkin.
www.pumpkinpatchesandmore.org/carvedpumpkins.php
Old 10-14-2009, 10:02 PM   #212  

S/C/G: 340/165/150

Height: 5'5

Hi ladies. Sorry I haven't posted..not feeling very positive today. Totally fell off the program...killed a bottle of wine over dinner tonight. *sigh* Tomorrow, back in the saddle.

Kat
Old 10-14-2009, 10:12 PM   #213  
Eyes on the Prize

S/C/G: 350/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Learn: Thank you for the link! We did try that method last year and it only lasted for about about 6 days. It was enough last year to get it to Halloween night, though.

I did find this product and made a purchase. Hopefully it will get to us by Saturday, or at least by Monday. They ship priority mail (2-3 business days). With this stuff, combined with our cold weather lately, we just might be able to get it to last the 2 weeks.

http://www.pumpkinfresh.com/

Everything else I seem to be reading, says you can maybe make it last a week with this or that method, but not two weeks. I'll letcha know if it actually works!

Katarina: We all have our days!! No worries, hop back on and keep moving toward your goal. A slip here and there is not going to break you - it's what we average over time that tells the real tale. And I bet you can find something positive about today, even if it is just coming to 3FC.

PS: I had to make myself stop drinking wine in college. It seems it is the only alcohol that I can't stop drinking. Once I have a glass, that's all she wrote - I am finishing that bottle. Tricky thing, wine! I can't have a glass even now, some 20 years later. I can drink a beer or have something else and stop, but not that wine!!!

Last edited by HotWings; 10-14-2009 at 10:16 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:20 PM   #214  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Chicka pooh's,

What's up??? Lot's I see, back for the night session. LOL LOL

Okay CJ, I will try not to worry. I am thrilled that you are so siked about your classes and are enjoying them so much. Get it girl, you are really doing it!!! CJ, I will praying for a good outcome on your sleep study and pray you are fine.

Hottie, Hey girl. To answer your qeuestion about the pizza dough, yes, you can by it at the grocery store in the refridgerated section where biscuits and pizza dough is and yes it is reduced fat. I think it was by Pillsbury. I am going to try Maria's this weekend cause I really want some pasta in it and I do love the wheat pasta. I am going to try GGG's when hubby is out of town only cause he does not like zuchinni or eggplant. Therefore I will try that one when I am alone. You really are a busy Mum, I like it when Sara says that word, sewing, baking, and all that stuff. I remember the days, well not the sewing part. You are Wonder Woman. As for the pumpkins, don't know a thing about it, never carved a pumpkin in my life, so you and Learn can figure that one out. Oh yeah, try that white chicken chili, Oats found a winner when she found that recipe!!!!

Kat, even when you feel down and like there is nothing to positive about, just look in the mirror and know that you are still alive, breathing and living. No matter how bad things may seem, their is always hope, always a brighter side, always a new chance. You have done so well in this journey, look back again at those pic's, and remember from where you have come and applaude yourself, there are many who would like to be where you are and have accomplished what you have done, so get up, dust yourself off, and get back on that horse, cause quittin' ain't no option baby!! LOL LOL Now don't make mama come and get cha baby.... LOL LOL!!!!

Oats, how did that weign in go????

Well little darlin', after work I made it to church and it was so wonderful, the Praise and Worship was just the doctor ordered for my mid-week boost. THey sung one of my favorite songs and I got to sing my heart out. Another positive for me, singing, I adore it and I can actually sing well. I use to direct the children's choir at our old church and guess what ladies, something you never knew about me, I use to be the lead singer in a band back in my young days (18-24 years of age) and was darn good but I still love to sing so in church I can now my heart out. My last positive is that I am happy!!!

Well babies, it is night night time for me. See ya'll in the A.M.
hugs love and blessings,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 10-14-2009 at 11:25 PM.
Old 10-15-2009, 04:46 AM   #215  

Good Thursday Morning Ladies,
Wow, after I posted yesterday morning there was quite a lull in between postings, but Ags finally popped her little head in the door and got things going again.
Let's get down to the personals...

Oat- You and I were running neck and neck yesterday morning. So glad your enjoying your WW group. That makes all the difference in the world, doesn't it? Hope you had a wonderful day at work.

Ags- I know you told me not to, but I am officially sick. I won't skip my 3FC time though, it's good medicine. You must invest in a crock pot (or crotch pot to my son) I have a 6 qt already and a little one for serving hot dips and stuff and I love em'. I really want that 8 qt. one I saw though. It will be perfect for thanksgiving dinner.

CJ- Oh you must let us know how your sleep study goes. I often wonder how one sleeps in such an unfamiliar situation. Good luck and nighty night!

Hotwings- Oh how I miss halloween costume making time. I made my son's every year until about 4 years ago when he decided he didn't want to go. He just don't love candy that much. His best year was when we walked the mall and someone gave him a bag of potato chips. He's a chip off the old block, I tell ya!

Katarina- I'm sorry you had a slip, but get back here and we do our best to pick you up girl. Your positive is you found your way back to us here at 3FC. It's all water under the bridge and today is a better day.

Well as for me, I stayed on plan. I actually have no interest in food right now with this flu bug I got. I just don't remember stepping in front of that speeding locomotive that ran me down yesterday. My second positive is my feet hit the floor this morning and I was able to carry my cup o' joe to the computer and chat with you gals.

Here is my quote of the day, it's just a reminder to us not to beat ourselves up so much when we slip off plan once in a while.

"Success and failure. We think of them as opposites, but they're really not. They're companions - "the hero and the sidekick."

Ladies have a wonderful thursday and remember...

Guardrails Up & Looking Up!

Later - Learn
Old 10-15-2009, 06:25 AM   #216  

Good morning just a few minutes to post ..
AG ... WW meettings great ... Scalea was good to me .. They postes a Creamy Chicken noodle soup recipe that looks yummmmiie .. I will have t o look back to make sure someone has not already posted it and if not I will share it ..

The meeting really was good one makeing time for your self and that will make you Successful .. One girl said while watching a favorite tv while commercials were on she would do floor exercises ... Another gal said when she would Journal and plan her next day when commercials are on .. This group is a great group so nice that no matter where you are in your journey everyone is trying to make today count and looking forward for tomorrow .. :-)

My Positive for today is I have already folded the clothes in the basket and put a another load in washer .. I had made a grocery list to make the new soup recipe and I am looking forward to what today has for me ..

Have a good day ... I have to go to work . Will post after work!!!
Love & Hugs to all my positive friends!!!!!
Old 10-15-2009, 06:30 AM   #217  

Sigh. Thanks Gals. Ags, I could use Mama to come get me and give me a hug. So, after my 610 calorie pinot noir night, I'm awake and starting a new day.

My positive thing for yesterday, (before I went overboard at dinner time) was going to the lingerie shop. I went in to my favorite boutique called Underneath it All..they carry every size from small to 6x, so I've shopped there for years. I know the owner, Kim..she even helped me pick out lingerie before my wedding almost two years ago.

I went in and Kim said "Whoa, Kat, what have you been doing? You look good!". I thanked her, but had to explain that I was in because my boobs are falling out the bottom of my bras! She started to laugh and grabbed the measuring tape. When I started this journey pre-surgery I was a 44DD. After my breast lift I was a 36C. Well, apparently since July of this year I've gone from a 38D to a 36D. I'm losing inches!

All of you gals know how expensive bras are...but as my husband says about the bra shopping subject "Those girls need a house". So now I need to go out and buy everything in a whole new size. LOL

No idea what my positive for today will be...I have the excitement of a flu shot coming up..and we have the kids tonight. But tomorrow is Friday..that is good, right!?

Kat
Old 10-15-2009, 07:15 AM   #218  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

All you chickies carving pumpkins early. This is a funny video of a squirrel that ate off a jack-o-lantern that had set too long and she got tipsy...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ikH9ZRcF2Q
Old 10-15-2009, 01:51 PM   #219  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Hello pumpkins,

It is raining here like crazy and I am out in it!!! Duckin' and dodging, mostly soaking!!! LOL

Learn, I told you not to get sick, but here you go, honey when you hear the choo choo of the locomotive, that means run!!!! RUN LEARN RUN!!!!..Sorry it ran you over head first!! What's great is, smashed and all you still made it here to share your special time with us..We Love you Learn!!!!

Oats, happy your WW meeting was great and the scale showed you favor....Wish mine had been, but today is a new day, a chance to make a change and with My God, I will.
Now, no Missy Pooh, you have not posted that one and you got it, I WANT IT!!! I will be looking for it this evening, K???? Good for you accomplishing so much today and the day is only 1/2 done....Way to go girl!!

Kat, I can always use another daughter, Maria is my daughter too. I love being a cyber MOM. Your hubby is so right, THE GIRLS NEED A HOME!! SO enjoy your shopping, now that is a great place to go overboard. Shop till you drop. You are just the prettiest little thing!!!

CJ, that was great, gonna watch that again.

Well ladies, gotta run back to work, time to make the money and oh yeah, here is my positive buying more food for the food bank today and wait could my eyes be decieving me, no, no, it has stopped raining. Whooooorayyyy!!

Hugs love and blessings,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 10-15-2009 at 02:01 PM.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:05 PM   #220  
Happy Vegan

S/C/G: 318.5/Ticker/155

Height: 5.8"

Hello lovely Chickadees and any chickadudes that may pop by!

Ags Hope you have dried out by now! Shame we all cant hear you sing

CJI love the little squirrel clip, poor cute little fella.

Hows all the class testing going? Sounds like fun, fab that the classes are free too! Good luck with the sleep test, I hope you get a good outcome

Katarina the wine incident could have been worse, could have been 2 bottles followed by the munchies Dont worry whats important is that is happened and you moved on.

Oatmeal Sounds like your meetings are really encouraging! I remember going to slimming world years ago and it was awful, couldnt wait to get out of the place.

Learn I hope youre feeling a little better. Try and get some rest in

Hotwings Good job on the pound lost! You must be very proud of your children, the halloweeen costumes sound fabulous!

Well I have had a good day. I love that calorie counting gives me flexability. Ive just has 2 lovely squares of dark chocolate with my tea. yummy!

Ive stopped OP all day and had a good session at the gym, knackered now and ready for bed.

Although I must warn you I have discovered too much off a good thing can be very bad, especially when it comes to cabbage! Ive scoffed a delicious cabbage stirfry today, but now I seem to be a little on the stinky side Not ladylike at all!

Time for my beddyboes! Keep up the good work everyone!
Old 10-15-2009, 04:57 PM   #221  

Good afternoon Chickies ...

Katarina... Is is very nice to experience those "WOW" moments when others notice our Success!! Keep up the great job .. :-)

CJ... thanks for sharing the link .. :-)

Ag.... Just remember our Success shows in alot more ways other than the scales!!!!! There were several at the meeting that shared they had a gain but got into smaller clothess!! So look closer you will see your success... :-)

Sara... Yes the meetings I attend are awesome .. The age group is from teenagers to a lady that is 84 and a lifer .. The group is a blessing I do come away so encouraged.... Wish you could join me some time .. :-)

Learn... I am so glad your back online ... You are a great Positive force here .... :-)

Sending a big Howdy to ...Butterfly. bbybear, Betty, Nonabe, Hotwings, Trying, dgrammie come on Chickies get to posting .. Lets us all go on this journey together.. :-)
Old 10-15-2009, 05:54 PM   #222  
Eyes on the Prize

S/C/G: 350/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Hello Wonder Women!

learn: Get better soon, woman! I really like that quote.

Oatmeal: Wow, you really get it going early. I wish I had some of your energy early in the morning! I have always been a night owl.. and everyone knows to leave me alone in the morning until I have finished my first cup of coffee.

Katarina: How awesome to get a compliment like that.. and doubly awesome to need new sizes! Yes, tomorrow is FRIDAY!! WooT!

CJ: on the video - I had to send that link on to my sister.

Ags: How did the working girl do today? I am getting tired of the rain! It is gloomy once again here, too. Glad yours stopped! And.. I seriously do not sew right now except for hemming pants. These costumes are no-sew baby! I'm going to look for that pizza dough in the store - a lot more uses for that besides pizza!

Sara: Way to go staying OP and getting that exercise in. Cabbage does the exact same thing to me.. but oh how I love fried cabbage! Kinda stinks up the kitchen, though, too.

For me: I am OP and have lost another pound! That makes 2 so far this week, but I am not going to officially claim them until Saturday. My other positive at this moment, is I finished the other costume! w00T!!!! Now I just have the treat bags left, which are easy peasy. I am going to try and attach a pic here of the kids in their costumes. Hope I get it right.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Halloween09_3fatchicks.jpg (93.9 KB, 8 views)
Old 10-15-2009, 06:36 PM   #223  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Hotwings - what great costumes! Not to mention the cute kids - thanks for sharing.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:54 PM   #224  

Hi gals,

Today went well, stayed OP and my mood has definitely improved. I'm supposed to go to the gym tomorrow morning in order to make my 3 times per week, 30 hours each time. Sounds like quite a few of you are having some success...Keep going girls!

Kat
Old 10-15-2009, 10:42 PM   #225  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Hey pookie pies,

It is last call for me this evening.

Sara, sounds like you had the perfect ending to the perfect day, enjoy your rest and see ya tomorrow.

Oats, yes I remember, It is just very difficult at times, but after a long talk with the man upstairs and myself, I made a reality check, got my head back on straight and went back to meeting this evening and it really helped.

Hotties, those costumes were the bestist, and that is not even a word. My hubby loved them too. You are so creative. You released another pound this week, how about releasing two or three for me, my friend , my sista, my pal!!!! LOL LOL I am with you and Sara, I love cabbage as well, especially fried. Just call us the three stinky ladies cause it can get really tart!!! LMBO!!!

Carol, I will be PM"in you tomorrow, so get ready to read baby read.

Kat, work it little momma, get your excerise on!!!

My positives for this evening are..........WW's meeting was very supportive, daddy and I have Mali thru the weekend and I, and I, well I have reconciled with myself for today's lapse in my own judgement with my gain this week. Hey tomorrow is a brand new day!!

Sweet dreams and blessings to you all,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 10-15-2009 at 10:44 PM.
Closed Thread