Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 05:15 PM   #151  

Helllo Chickie Poooo's :-) !!

Ag.... girl you have sure been on my heart !! Prayers & hugs sent your way daily!! :-)

Nooch .. I am so glad that you know for sure about the school to attend ... It such a good feeling to know that you know what to do !! If you know what I mean!! :-)

Learn... Girl I am still missing you girl!! It won't be long and you will have internet connection!!! :-) Keep up the great job of being on plan!!!

Trying!!! Congradulations on the size 26... It won't be long and those will be to big for ya!! Keep on making the right choices!!

Butterfly .... 6 pounds your melting away girl!!!! Keep up the determination girl!!

Hi GGGirls .... Since I know you read had to give you a howdy!! :-)

Hotwings... Just think you will get to feeling better and the water weight will just disappear!! Hang in there I know its not easy when you don't feel well....

Betty.... Come back and tell us about your new exercising class... Hope your doing ok ....

We have a few others missing in action... BByBear , CJ , Sara,Nonabee, I a m sure I have missed someone and if that someone is you please refrsh my mind with a post !!!!

My positive for today... I wanted to eat every thing in sight when I got home from work ... I fixed my lunch and made my self sit and eat it before turning on the computer or the tv..... That way I was aware of every bite I took... :-)

It is better to say, "This one thing I do" than to say, "These forty things I dabble in."
Old 10-09-2009, 05:19 PM   #152  

Pig in a Pinwheel

Makes: 30

Ingredients:

5-oz can chunk lean ham, drained
1/3 cup reduced-fat cream cheese
2 - 8-oz cans reduced-fat refrigerated crescent roll dough
Add 1/2 cup chopped onion and 1 tsp dried oregano
How to Make It

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Mash the ham, onion, and oregano into the cream cheese. Separate the dough into 8 rectangles; squish up the remaining perforations to seal. Spread an equal amount of the ham'n'cheese mixture over each rectangle. Roll up each rectangle, starting at the short end. Cut each into 4 slices. Place on a cookie sheet and squash slightly. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden.

Per Pinwheel: 75 cal/4g fat/0g fiber/7g carbs/170mg sodium/2g protein
*2 pts
Old 10-09-2009, 06:33 PM   #153  

WHITE CHICKEN CHILI

Makes 9 cups
1 pound chicken breasts, diced
14 ounces chicken broth (1½ cups)
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon chili powder
2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon kosher salt
Pepper to taste
1 large onion, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
1 tablespoon minced garlic
8 ounces canned chopped mild green chilies
2 tablespoons flour
28 ounces canned white beans, rinsed
14 ounces canned corn, including liquid
1 tablespoon vinegar

2 cups fat-free half ‘n’ half
½ cup low-fat sour cream
½ teaspoon Tabasco
Garnish with chopped cilantro
Cook chicken in splash of the chicken broth in a Dutch oven over medium heat until cooked. Heat remaining broth in microwave. Transfer chicken to a dish to hold.
Melt butter with chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Add onion, red pepper, garlic and chilies; cook until onion is soft. Stir in flour; cook 1 minute. Stir in hot broth, chicken, beans, corn and vinegar. Cover and bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer for 90 minutes. Stir in half ‘n’ half, sour cream and Tabasco; rewarm but do not boil. Serve and enjoy!
NUTRITION ESTIMATE Per Cup: 261 Cal; 7g Tot Fat; 3g Sat Fat; 32g Carb; 5g Fiber; 1013mg Sodium; 44mg Cholesterol; Weight Watchers 5 points
Old 10-09-2009, 11:17 PM   #154  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

hola chicky wicky's

my positives are I have lost 8 lbs in the 5 days I have been hard core OP! yay me... hopefully I will be back where where I was initially before I went way off plan. Hopefully I will be back in the 270's before my cruise in November! which is another positive!

I booked my cruise tonight! WHOOT WHOOT! Mexico here I come!

****(correction)**** I weighed in today and I have now lost 10 lbs in 6 days!

Last edited by mariamherrera; 10-10-2009 at 01:02 PM.
Old 10-10-2009, 06:03 AM   #155  

Good Morning Chickies!!
Brrrr its a low of 45 degrees here this morning its unheard of being this chilly this really in the fall in Texas .. It will be in the upper 70's today .. Crazy weather ...

Mariam... congradulations girl on your 8 # that is truly awesone !! When we fidn the right food plan for our lives they really work if we stay on the plan !!! Wow Mexico here you come!!! I have been on a cruise nothing like being out there on the water under those beautiful stars !!! Hope you have a wonderful time !!!!!!!

Ag ..... Where are you girl I sure do miss ya !! Hugs & prayers sent your way!!!

Hope everyone else has a great weekend that is planned to be successful !!! Give us a shout and let us know whats going on in your end of the world!!!

My positive for today is ..I took the time to do my filing on my desk this morning .. I have one more area in my life in order ... On little stack at a time .. :-)

In Life’s Garden

Count your garden by the flowers,
never by the leaves that fall.

Count your days by the golden hours,
don't remember the clouds at all.

Count your nights by the stars,
not by shadows.

Count your life with smiles not tears,
and with joy through all your life.

Count your age by friends not years.

Last edited by Oatmeal; 10-10-2009 at 06:04 AM.
Old 10-10-2009, 12:35 PM   #156  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Good morning chicklettes,

I was sooo tired last night that I forgot to post, it was a weird Friday but I made it thru. I have my Mali for the weekend and you know how much that makes me smile. When I WI'd in this week I knew it was going to be bad bad news, but much to my surprise I had only gained TWO OUNCES, I was so happy with that I did a small jig. Now gotta get to going in the other direction, down baby down.

Oats, I think I will have to try that Pumpkin smash, that sounds wonderful and I will try the chili. The Taco soup was outstanding!!!! Thank you for your prayers and please keep them ascending, the seeds are being planted and God is doing the watering, prayerfully she will return soon.

Lotsbutstill, you go girl, only one hop up and down, next week it won't take any. Hot momma.

Maria, I cannot keep up with you and Nooch, staying gone, what a life, ain't it grand. Mexico, I want to go, being trying to Learn Spanish forever, a slow learner here, but it's coming. Want to say something in Spanish here, but can only say it, surely cannot spell it!! LOL LOL Rock those pounds away baby girl!!!

Oats, I really need to follow your lead this morning, my computer desk, well I cannot find it. LOL It is covered, excellent worker, but my desk is another story. One step at a time. I just really read the pig recipe, think I will give that a whirl too.

Everyone please have a joyous day and make someone smile!!!!

Learn, sending you hugs and much love, not too much longer and you will be back. I am counting the days. Miss you baby, my neighbor , my friend.

Hugs, love and blessings to all,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 10-10-2009 at 12:36 PM.
Old 10-10-2009, 01:11 PM   #157  
moving the chains

S/C/G: 330/284/189

Height: 5'10"

I miss Learn too! Can't wait til you are back! Lots of love!

Maria - grats on the loss!

Oatmeal - yay for having an organized desk! Mine gets so messy so quickly but I always like to sit and savor it when it's organized!

Ags - glad you have your grandson again! And it's awesome that the damage was not as bad as you were fearing - now get it going in the other direction!

As for me today I'm now down to 291 which is wonderful! I feel like the energizer bunny... I just keep going and going and going and going and going... all the way to 189
Old 10-10-2009, 03:03 PM   #158  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Rena -- I haven’t tried any classes yet, but I will soon. I'm signing up at the YMCA today!

Nooch
-- I am so thankful that Florida does not make you put your weight on your driver’s license! I’m proud that you’re so close to yours, though. Makes you feel good, doesn’t it??? I love to read what you write because you’re on that positive roll now, and it motivates me. I can tell you're higher than a kite with your fabulous weight loss. Keep it coming (or going).
WOOT WOOT to Ags for slipping into those size 26 pants. What a wonderful thing! This is a huge eye-opener, it is sooooo great.

HotWings
-- always enjoy your writing, don’t worry about the personals. I like to keep track of what’s going on in your life, so let us know.

Ditto to gggirls. Don’t worry about the personals. Just do what you do. BTW, I am in age denial too. I’m way older than you, and I get so upset at my fiance when he starts to make excuses about why we can’t do something “as we get older”.

Butterfly ... SIX WHOPPING POUNDS! What more can I say???? Congrats.

Oatmeal -- you are so good at staying pumped and focused.

Lost ... you are funny, I laughed out loud at your kidneys comment!

Maria -- you travel more than anyone. I guess it’s good to do it while you’re young. and TEN POUNDS IN SIX DAYS! This can only happen when you’re young. I'm happy if I lose 10 pounds in a month. Congrats.

My positive: Right after I write this I’m going over to the YMCA and sign up!
Old 10-10-2009, 08:03 PM   #159  

S/C/G: 340/165/150

Height: 5'5

Positive thing about me today: I am loved by my husband and two wonderful step daughters. I am a good enough person to be loved by great people.
Old 10-10-2009, 08:36 PM   #160  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Hey ladies,

this is a quick cause Mali is calling me.

Big time congrats to the both of you, Nooch for heading steadily downward and CJ heading to the Y, what a big deal that is!!!!

I will make time to WELCOME Katarina to our wonderful Positive thread. So happy to have here and there is not greater Positive than to be loved and loved well, especially by the ones you love. Hope you stay around and get to know all of us, cause we love new folks round these parts. Again I say WELCOME!!!!

Hugs, love and blessings,
AGs

Last edited by colormerd47; 10-10-2009 at 08:37 PM.
Old 10-10-2009, 09:40 PM   #161  
Eyes on the Prize

S/C/G: 350/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Hey chicks!

Oatmeal: Getting things in order - way to go! I am trying to do some of that, too. It's good for keeping my mind on something other than FOOD. I'm currently working on a kitchen re-organization. Almost done, but it seems like I am lacking in time to actually finish it!

Ags: You are really doing well - damage was minimal. Time to get back on that fat bustin' train. Me too - I didn't have a very good day yesterday, but back on it today!

CJ: The Y! You go girl - did you work out there as well? How was it?

nooch: You are kickin butt, and I agree with CJ.. your posts are really motivating! Keep it up!

Katarina: That is an awesome positive. Family is so important - especially for support along this journey to a new us. It is nice to know we are so loved by those around us. Welcome to the positive thread!

For me: It has been a hectic two days here. Yesterday we spent the day and part of the night over at my Mom & Dads. Dads apples were ripe and we decided to make apple jelly. We ended up with 9 jars of regular apple jelly & 4 jars of jelly made with Splenda (yay - positive #1). While I was there, I also made some homemade apple sauce with Splenda for the kids & a pan of apple bread pudding for my mom & dad. My other positive, is that today a no kill cat shelter that the kids & I volunteer at had a fundraiser for a part they are adding on for dogs. This lady really loves these animals. She has turned her barn on the farm into this shelter where none of the cats are caged. Some are isolated due to health concerns in some smaller rooms she has made, but all have windows to sit in, toys & a warm place to sleep. If they are healthy, there is one huge room she has made that my kids call the "play room". They just love going in there & about a dozen or so cats at any given time just play and play with you and love on you. She rescues a lot of cats & dogs and finds good homes for them - her shelter is like an animal halfway house. I just feel so good about making some kind of difference every time we go there!! (positive #2). We always have her board our cat & dog if we have to be away, because I know they will have a private room with all the amenities - my cat has even had little bunk beds in his room.

Keep the positives flowing & keep the food plan going!
Old 10-10-2009, 10:45 PM   #162  
moving the chains

S/C/G: 330/284/189

Height: 5'10"

Welcome to the thread, Katarina!

CJ - I hope you had a kickbutt time at the Y!!! And I haven't been my DL weight since I was 20 and I first got my New York state ID so this is exciting! I can't wait til I have to renew mine and they get to look at me and say, HEY, THAT WEIGHT ISN'T RIGHT!

Ags, hope you are having a fantastic evening with your little man!

Wings - that shelter sounds wonderful! I'd love to be able to do something like that one day. I'm an awful crazy cat lady!

My evening is going pretty well - I made it through an entire lazy Saturday without mindlessly shoveling food in my mouth and I even hit Costco with my FIL and got my sweet fix for the day by having a sample of pumpkin cheesecake. It was fabulous, but I do NOT need it in my house! Having samples actually keeps me from buying things like that!

Hope everyone has a fabulous NFL SUNDAY tomorrow - go GIANTS (or team of your choice)

Last edited by nooch; 10-10-2009 at 10:46 PM.
Old 10-11-2009, 05:18 AM   #163  

Morning Chicks...

I only have a few minutes this moring heading to work ..

Katarina ..... Welcome to the group .. Love is such an important thing ... To be loved by others and to love our selves !!! Girl come on and post with us daily and feel the love these chicks on this thread have to share with you !!! Hope you have a blessed Sunday !!!!

Hope everyone has a blessed and wonderful day !!
My positive for today is .. Today is my Friday and I am so thankful to have 2 days off ..
Old 10-11-2009, 10:35 AM   #164  

I'm Back!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-11-2009, 10:39 AM   #165  

Hello all my favorite people in the world,
I'm am just now as I type able to get back on the internet in the comforts of my own home. I feel so bad that I was not able to get to the library at all this past week to drop you all a line. I have had a hectic week and I will get into all that later. I have a few things I have to attend to and this evening when all the little mouses are asleep I'm gonna do some serious catching up and reading all the posts I have missed. I hope no one gave up on me. I have stayed OP the whole time and exercised a little bit.
I'll be back later today, I promise. Until then

Guardrails Up & Looking Up!

Later - Learn
Closed Thread