Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 09:57 PM   #301  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Hey there Diva's,

Great news is popping straight off the presses here I see. Get it ladies!!!

Learn,
Happy you are staying on point. Darling dont be mad at yourself, those were your reflexes kicking in, the baby was in trouble and instinct took over, keep the heating pad and pain killers close at hand. Feel better sweetie.

Oatmeal,
Your are the Queen of Organization and Planning. I need all of you ladies in my neighborhood, do you know how much fun that would be.

Nooch,
I love your post!!!! It is such a great feeling to feel good and good about yourself. Girlfriend you are trully blessed. You bring so much to this thread, inspiration and love. So happy you are here.

Hootie,
It is working, TOM is still confused, we just gotta keep whispering!!!!! 4 whole pounds in one week, Lord knows you give me hope. About that mini goal, remember what Learn says, she will shoot for the moon and even if she misses she will land among the stars.

Today was another good day for me, I have stayed on point, made it thru a work Saturday and now it is play time with Mali. What a way to end my day.

I am off ladies, see ya tomorrow.
hugs love and blessings,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 10-24-2009 at 09:58 PM.
Old 10-25-2009, 05:01 AM   #302  

Good morning Sweet Positive Chicks !!!

My Positive for today is I woke up full energy and ready for my friday at work . Tomorrow is a big audit at our store so today I have been asked to sit in front of the computer and get all of our forms filled out and ready for our department ... I am blessed it will be a much easier day for me ... :-) My willingness to learn all the positions at work pays off in the end for me .. God shows me favor again and again!!!

Ag... Mali is so blessed to have you .. You have so much love to share with Mali .. That is awesome !!! Ags enter the heavenly today at church and sing with the angels!!!! May you be touched in a very special way today that only God can do !!

Learn... Hows the back doing girl ...Give it lots of heat and rest and with all the prayers God will give you the relief you need girl!!
Wish I was there to help ya out cook ya meal or do a little house work for ya ... Hang in there your covered in healing prayers!!

Nooch ... I enjoyed you sharing your joy in your post girl!!! We all can see that you are getting showers of blessings right now enjoy each one of them !!!!

Lost ... Big ole hug goes out to you as the prayers go up .. Come on girl post and let us be blessed that you are here.. You are such a blessing to each one of us !! We need you here to to complete our Positivie Family you are one of us Sister Positive!!!!
Today is a new day look for your blessing girl !!!

To all of you that choose to read I am going to share a poem that has blessed me !!

God Can Move Your Mountain

When things seem so impossible

And life’s so hard to bear,

God can move your mountain

Before you reach despair

He’ll never leave you or forsake you-

Trust in Him always.

Be anxious then, for nothing

And never cease to pray.

So keep on climbing higher,

Be patient while you wait.

For God is never early

And also never late.
Old 10-25-2009, 05:12 AM   #303  

Great Sunday Morning All My Beauties,
Personals, personals, personals...
Oat- Oh my gosh, 43 degrees sounds just divine. We are back into the upper 80's to low 90's here in FLA., but at least the mornings are nice. Have a wonderful day at work today.

nooch- What can I say! Your life is in so much harmony right now and it is all because of you. Yes we're here to motivate and support, but you did it darling. It was and is all you. Enjoy!

HotWings- FOUR POUNDS WITH TOM VISITING! How? Why? What? When? Hey maybe if I rake leaves I'll drop 4 lbs. also. I live on 5 acres though, do ya think I can do it? Congratulations!

gggirls- Nice to see you drop in, but more, more! What going on? How is life treating you? We need details, details!

Ags- What a wonderful week you have had. And now some quality time with Mali. Oh, by the way I was talking about you last night, were your ears ringing? My DH and were talking about maybe taking a vacation next year by driving up to NJ and visit my best friend from elementary school that I recently found on facebook and I asked him if we could maybe make a stop in VA. to visit my neighbor. Wouldn't that be cool!

As for me, I am still in discomfort from my black labrador catch two days ago. It's mainly in my hips and my sciatica is screaming at me. So I shall continue my heating pad and vicadin ritual with only a break for church. Where's the positive in that you ask! Well my puppy is fine, I have a wonderful heating pad and some relief from the pain with the help of prescription drugs.
Next positive is dinner is basically already made. I slow cooked chicken yesterday and today we feast.

Here is my quote for the day. I dedicate this to nooch and how wonderful her life is going right now.

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony."

Ladies have a wonderful sunday and remember...

Guardrails Up & Keep Looking Up!

Later - Learn
Old 10-25-2009, 05:23 AM   #304  

Good Morning Oat,
I must have been typing while you were posting. Hope your day at work goes well and think you for the poem, I enjoyed it.
Old 10-25-2009, 08:07 AM   #305  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Hi everyone!
Well, things are great up here in the "northland" (NY). It’s been gray and rainy for the last little while, but I forgot to tell you that a few days ago it was absolutely gorgeous ... I went on a drive and the fall colors were popping. I call these drives I go on “meandering” and that’s exactly what they are. I have no idea where I’ll end up, I just let my nose lead the way.

Anyway ... I ran across the cutest miniature donkeys! Two of them! They only came up to the second rung of a fence, about the height of a good-sized dog although they had more heft. Soooo darling, OMG! When I first spotted them, they were clear across a big field, and when they saw me then came trotting over. Sadly (from a photography point of view) it was high noon, the absolute worst time to take photos of most things (the sun above creates strong shadows.) But they were the sweetest things and I am so lucky to have run across them.

Learn
-- so sorry about your back. I know you just wanted to do what was best for your precious Peanut. I probably have mentioned this before, but I think chiropractors are wonderful for sciatica. Hope you feel better soon.

Oatmeal -- it was great you cross-trained for all the positions at your job. You are a real go-getter!

Ags -- you know, I read your post from 10-23-09 in which you talked about your 10% goal for the third week in November. I know that’s is very hard for you to publicly post about your goals. That is why I know you are really dedicated to accomplishing this one and I know you will. Do well, dear Ags. We hold you close in our hearts no matter what.

OK Nooch -- I just love-love-love your positive roll. I remember not so long ago when you were down in the dumps, and you just made a decision to reverse that. You are a true inspiration. I just think your last sentence sums it up. Know that YOU did this, and you are -- in turn -- inspiring us! Thank YOU!
I have job prospects, I'm going back to school, my husband and I hold hands in the supermarket, I'm losing weight, I look fantastic, my husband is getting more and more responsibility at his job and may be moving up, I'm getting along with my family & my husband's family, and I really just have never felt better.

HotWings -- ok, you need to pull me along with you on your downward spiral (haha). I am to the point where I was happy today because I was down 1/2 pound! And you -- FOUR POUNDS during TOM! WOW WHEE! You go girl!

I am starting to think there must be some psychological reason I am stuck here at 235 -- although today I was 235.2 -- only 2/10ths of a pound to get down to 234. I am really really going to watch my calories today to get to 234 tomorrow! (fingers crossed hopefully).

Also -- another positive -- I went to the photo expo on Friday, the one with lots of booths and lots of walking. And I was fine! Really fine! A slight twinge here and there, but nothing I couldn’t handle.

I did take my hard back support for when I was sitting and I did occasionally take a brief sit-down break. But the difference between this year and last year is day-and-night. My DF and I actually went out to dinner Friday night too. Last year I couldn’t wait to get back to the hotel and just lie in bed. I ordered food in and I remember I ate it lying down. I was in such pain. I have to try hard to remember how painful it was because it seems so long ago, but it really wasn’t.

So now I have to get another 50 pounds off and think how great I will feel! We can do this!
Old 10-25-2009, 09:00 AM   #306  
starting over again

S/C/G: 361/334/180

Height: 5'5"

Just time for a quick post as the doggie is doing a peepee dance by the door! Just wanted everyone to know my "positives" are coming back and I am feeling much more myself, thanks for all the love!
Old 10-25-2009, 09:41 AM   #307  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

CJ - hang in there - the scale will move (eventually). I first broke into the 260's on March 27. On October 24 I finally saw 250 something on the scale. Almost 7 months. I think my body really has some comfort at this weight. A big positive in this is that I maintained this weight - maintenance is going to be the hard part. Stay the course - the scale will move (I was nearly convinced my scale was defective - and it's a balance scale)

Learn - as a lab owner/lover I have done the same thing. At 17 (yes 17) I had to carefully watch our dear Goldie as she tried to do things forgetting she was 17. Gracie is 3 and I find myself still protecting her as she jumps into the SUV, etc. Can't forget to mention the labradoodle Gypsy - she's 3 too. We rescued her as a 3 month old pup - not having any plan to have 2 pups. The plan from above wasn't seen for a bit - Gracie is mute and Gypsy talks for her. They also seem to think they are identical twins - yellow lab and black/orange doodle - they're funny.

Ags - I'm proud to see you posting about your weight goals. I'm hoping our little talk is helping keep you focused.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:02 PM   #308  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Hello apple blossoms,

All is here in Virginia is fine. I did not make it to church this morning, my car would not start and As sad as I was about not making it, I am okay with it cause God knows my intermost secrets and that is how much I wanted to be there and that is all that matters. So far so good today as far as my eating, comtemplating what will be for dinner......ummmmm something to ponder. Don't know if I told you darlin's but yesterday I got my first crock pot and it is really cool. It is a trio set where three come together and with there own cooking element. It is like a stove for tailgating with three burners, one for each crock pot. Sounds like a pork butt, chicken, meatballs all cooking at the same time to me. It rocks!!!!

Oats, I happy thrilled to hear that you got much needed rest and are feeling full of life this morning. Since I did not get to church this morning, I did do what you said anyway, I sung with the angels all over my house and I know that He was pleased. Happy you got cross trained at work and now it is paying off a much more relaxed day on the job. Yeah, baby. The poem was great. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Learn, oh how happy I would be to have a visit from my neighbor, we really could sit on the porch and talk, rock and drink tea!!! woooohaaaa!! Heating pad, pain killers, and dinner done, what a plan....you smart chickie.

CJ, I told you so, you were fine and I bet you even surprised yourself at just how well you did. So the meandering went well, how relaxing that was for you, meander on baby. Hey the date sounded lovely, spending time out is special, what a change from the ordinary. Keep it spicy baby.

Lost, I am going to start calling you Spirit chick, cause you are doing positively great finding something positives in your life, big or small they all count.

Hey Carol, happy to see ya. TRying to make this goal happen, we shall see, if I don't, I will still be closer than when I started. Yay ME!!!!!! Now I know you have so many positives in your life, but I challenge you to post one each day, we would like to hear them too and share the joy.

Nooch, how you doing baby, great I know, cause you got it going on!!!

My last positive for now is that I am trusting God the cost of the repair will not be more than we can afford.

Well that is it for nw, later babies,
hug love and blessings,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 10-25-2009 at 01:03 PM.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:23 PM   #309  
moving the chains

S/C/G: 330/284/189

Height: 5'10"

Ags - crock pots are amazing, and what you got sounds great! I hope that your car is easily and inexpensively fixed! It sounds like you had a fantastic morning anyway

Oatmeal - glad you had such a great day at work! Thank you for posting that poem, I love your posts!

Learn - thank you! So great that your doggie is okay! It's so hard when they get older and can't do as much anymore - every time I see my elderly cat miss a jump I cringe. And what a great day for you - dedicate this day to feeling better and enjoy that dinner that's already made!

CJ - look how far you have come, it is amazing! Congratulations

Lost - that sure is a positive! And getting out and walking your doggie is a positive too! There are positives everywhere

gggirls - hope you are having a wonderful Sunday!

As for me I weighed in today at 288.2! And on day 2 of my cycle no less! That means that I am officially at LESS THAN 100 TO GO! When I first got serious about losing weight I knew this day would come but it always felt so abstract and intangible. But here it is and it feels AMAZING! I will be at 280 by the time I get on that plane to NY for Thanksgiving, I know I will!

Another positive - I spoke to the manager of Lane Bryant yesterday and explained that I would be in NY for Thanksgiving and asked if it would be a deal breaker as far as a job goes and she said it would not! I was very worried about that (I booked these tickets awhile ago and they are not refundable, nor am I really willing to NOT see my grandma for Thanksgiving) and she said it would not be a dealbreaker! I am still in the running!

And finally, today is going to be my lazy NFL Sunday! I hope you all are having a fabulous day and GO (team of your choice unless they're playing the Giants)!!!
Old 10-25-2009, 05:51 PM   #310  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Nooch.

I am so excited for you, you knew this day would come and here it is!!!!! Old TOM does not have all the power that he thought he did, but keep whispering about that, the longer he is in the dark the better!!! LOL LOL I love the way you are feeling about yourself, right now I can only imagine, but MY DAY WILL COME!!!! As for you I am in a JOYOUS state just for my NOOCH!!! I also think that it is fabulous that your trip will not interfere with you getting the job. And YOU WILL GET THE JOB!!!!

While I decided for dinner it would be sauted pork chops in a little olive oil, stewed tomatoes and brown rice, but my hubby just had to fry his, my absolute favorite...........well.................I ate the sauted pork chops and I am so happy with myself I just don't know what to do with myself. I am doing this thing and I am doing it right. wooooooowhoooooo!!!!!

Nooch enjoy your day of NFL!!!!!

Later babies, and hello to all who are reading and to all who cannot make here these days. You are all always in my prayers. Shia, I am sending much love your way.

hugs love and blessings,
AGs

Last edited by colormerd47; 10-25-2009 at 05:51 PM.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:48 AM   #311  

Good Monday My Friends,
Well another work week is upon us, except those of you that work on the weekends, then this may be your first day of your weekend.
Let's get down to personals and see what's been happening in your journey's.

Oat- Ahh, I remember those audit days. It was actually quite fun watching all the other department managers run around like chicken's with their heads cut off. I learned early to always get ready as soon as possible, because audits can be unpredictable. Hope the audit came out O.K. and you had a good day. Enjoy your weekend.

CJ- I absolutely love miniature donkeys. A friend of my sister's had 2 and they're so adorable. She rescued them, loved them back into good health and then found them good homes. Oh, and I love meandering too. The last time I got a chance to do that my DH, son, and I meandered almost 4ooo miles. We were gone for 6 days and what a wonderful 6 days it was. We drove from central FL. to Asheville, NC., over to Gatlinburg, TN., then zoomed across the other way and ended up in DE. From there we meandered our way back to central FL. again. How does your back handle the meandering? My DH and I were talking the other night about meandering up the east coast to NJ. I wanna show my son where I spent the first 13 years of my life. I also promised him a trip to the largest Toys R Us! So glad your back handled the photo expo.

lost- so glad your feeling better. Oh, and so glad the doggie made it out to go peepee. Here's to another positive day!!!

gggirls- WOW! 17 for a lab is great! My Peanut is going on 9 yrs. old and I'm not too sure she'll make it to 17. She has been the most wonderful dog to be blessed with in my life. So loving and attentive to her family. I use to have Great Danes and as beautiful as they are, I will never switch. I also have two kitties, one of which is a mute. The mouth will open to meow, but nothing has ever comes out. My other kitty is 9 and acts like he's 1, real crazy.

Ags- So sorry about your car problems. Oh how I hate dealing with car repairs. Anytime something happens to one of our vehicles I want to do the easy fix and drive it off a cliff. My DH is the one needing repairs most of the time, but his has a lot more miles then mine also. I believe he's getting ready to hit 200,000 miles. Mine only about 70,000! I'll be praying for the mechanic to go easy on you neighbor.

nooch- OMG! The less than 100 lb. mark! How wonderful is that!!! I am so proud of you and all your hard work. I hope you enjoyed your NFL day, you deserve it.

As for me...
I had a wonderful on plan day. I made it to church and then home to relax and rest my sore back (hips). For some reason I took a 3 hour nap yesterday too. I usually don't do that, maybe 30 to 40 minutes tops. I'm thinking it must be the steady flow of pain killers I've been taking. I weighed in yesterday and I have shed all but 1 lb. of my TOM water weight and today I'm kickin' him in the *** and sending him packin'. I am so tired of just maintaining and fartin' around with TOM's precious gift. That seems to be the only weight I've been losing the last few months. Today I shall shed the last of TOM'S gift or else!

Well here is my quote of the day, I dedicate this to me and anyone else that may be feeling a little down and discouraged. I myself am guilty of putting myself down or insulting myself. I am truly my own worst critic.

"End your day by privately looking directly into your eyes in the mirror and saying, "I love you!" Do this for 30 days and watch how you transform."

Ladies, have a wonderful day and remember...

Guardrails Up & Keep Looking Up!

Later - Learn
Old 10-26-2009, 06:44 AM   #312  

I'm back! I'm sitting at my desk pondering over the things I would like to serve for Thanksgiving Dinner and how I can reduce the fat, sugar, and sodium levels to make it more healthy. I am interested to hear what everyone else's plans are, are you cooking, or are you letting someone else do the cooking? I am doing all the cooking, which I love, but I don't want to sit back and watch from the side lines while others enjoy my hard work. I do plan on saving some calories during the week before, so I can not feel so guilty about that spoonful of stuffing, sweet potatoes, etc...
Old 10-26-2009, 06:47 AM   #313  

Raining Days Of Monday get going !! :-) Its in the 60's here this morning with the fresh smell of rain .. We had storms all night so I had my little furr ball sleeping on my pillow with me . Rusty (Kitty) he does not like thunder at all .. I have a Dr appointment at 9 and 10 this morning .. Hoping to have a plan to mange the health issues ..

My Positive is I got all the forms done and in order yesterday at work . Now I can enjoy 2 days off .. We are going out to lunch with my in laws today .. I have already been online looking at the menue and have decided a head of time what I will order .. :-)
Going to take some fish out of the freezer for dinner tonight ....

Ag... I can just hear you singing in the heavenlys !! I do that every sunday morning I go into work 2 hours before my co workers .. They always want to know what I am so high on when they come in I always tell them The Real Thing Jesus!!! :-) :-) It is amazing how ones atittude can change just in a few minutes through praise and prayer!! I appreciate you so much girl!!! Hugs!!!

Howdy Learn .. Glad you were able to get in a good nap everyone deserves a little extra rest !! Our bodies are able to heal when we rest .. I am praying for your healing in your hip/back .. You will be as good as new before we know it !! :-) I sure enjoy your quotes girl!!

Nooch... You go girl less than 100 to go !!! Wow you are doing so well!!! I am so proud of you !!!! Hope your giants did well . Of course we watched the Dallas Cowboys yesterday!! And had to watch the last part of the New orlean Saints .. Makes life exciting!! :-)
I hope you have a great day!!!!

CJ.... Your drive sounded wonderful .. I love the fall colors Texas is not the best state to experience it at least where I live its not .. I love those little minature donkeys they have alot of them down this way .. I hope you have a awesome week!! :-)

Lost.... Great that you are feeling better girl !! Hope you have some great things planned this week .. Hang in there and keep posting we are all in your corner cheering for you !!!!!

Hope everyone has a great day !!! Make it count !!! :-)
Old 10-26-2009, 08:49 AM   #314  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJZee View Post
I am starting to think there must be some psychological reason I am stuck here at 235 -- although today I was 235.2 -- only 2/10ths of a pound to get down to 234. I am really really going to watch my calories today to get to 234 tomorrow! (fingers crossed hopefully).
Well, I cannot believe it but I weighed twice! After sitting between 235 - 236 for 2+ weeks, this morning I was 232.8, down almost 2.5 lbs from the previous day! Woo Hoo!!!
Old 10-26-2009, 10:14 AM   #315  
starting over again

S/C/G: 361/334/180

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone! I want to thank you again for all wonderfully kind words and thoughts.... I need them today as I am surrounded by boxes to pack - we have to be out of this apartment on Saturday and DH just sprained his back, which means, suddenly I have to pack all this!!!! Oh my! but today is a new day, I walked the dog already and it is a beautiful rainy morning and I know I can do this! love to all - have a really blessed, positive day!
Closed Thread