Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 11:11 AM   #166  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

LEARN IS BACK!!!
I am sooooo glad! Welcome home, chickie.
WooHoo
Old 10-11-2009, 01:25 PM   #167  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

learn welcome back!!!

My positives are today I reaccomplished two mini goals! I said goodbye to the 290's again!!! and I am also 25 lbs lighter then my heaviest weight now.! today marks my official week of being back on plan with a vengeance I lost 11.4 lbs this week! Of course it's all water weight I'm sure but I'll give myself a WHOOT WHOOT anyways!

Last edited by mariamherrera; 10-11-2009 at 01:31 PM.
Old 10-11-2009, 02:29 PM   #168  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

What's going on my sinickerdoodles,

Sounds like alot!!!!!

First of all, Hottie,
Apple jelly is my favorite jelly in the whole wide world, can you send me a jar, especially with splenda!!!! You are up to your eyes in cats and dogs, watch out you will be speaking fluent meow and ruff ruff. LOL What you do rocks!!

Afternoon Oats,
enjoy your your Friday and keep those recipes rollin' in!!!!

Nooch,
I applaud you, tasting that cheesecake and leaving it there. Soooo that's the trick, taste and leave, see I was confused, I would taste and buy and ended up with 2 tartlets in the house. Costco can be dangerous but you are sooo prepared. Go girl go!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! LEARN is HOME!!!!!! AAAAAAAAHHHHH!HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LEARN is HOME!!!!!! :dan ce::clou d9::b roc:
Shake it up baby,
Shake it up baby, Twist and Shout, Twist Shout, LEARN IS HOME BABY, LEARN IS HOME BABY, That's What I"m Talkin' ABOUT!!!!!! TALKIN ABOUT!!!!!!
Hot diggity dang dang, my girl is back!!!!!! I sure did miss you baby, sooo glad you are home. I will be awaiting you long awaited post.... Tell us everything!

Maria,
OOO LA LA, 11 big one down in one week. You know you rock!!!

As for me today................church was amazing, Mali was great, and now it is time for the Game....GO SKINS GO!!!! Be back ladies after the game.

I ain't got nothing but love for ya babies,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 10-11-2009 at 02:40 PM.
Old 10-11-2009, 04:51 PM   #169  

S/C/G: 340/165/150

Height: 5'5

WOW..a thread where people actually reply when I post.

Yesterday I went to a big "Apple Festival" with my mother and sister. I'm pretty proud of myself. I had an open pit beef sandwich with BBQ sauce, and some apple cider. I did eat some samples and 1 fried mushroom...but that was it. No purchasing a bunch of fried food..no apple dumplings or apple pie... so yesterday's positive thing was: Even though I'm eating healthy, I can still go to social events and enjoy myself.

Today I got up and had breakfast (1 cup Kashi Go-Lean, 1 cup skim milk, 3 fresh local plums), made breakfast for the family (toast made from my home made bread, scrambled eggs, ham or bacon) ...resisted the urge to eat some of their breakfast (especially the bacon!) and went to the gym. Last week I went to the gym 3 times, doing 30 min of cardio each day. Today I did a lower body weight lifting workout on machines and 20 minutes on a cardio machine. Feeling ok right now, but I bet I'll be hurting tomorrow!

Today's positive thing: I took a major exercise step today...first strength training in about 2 years.

Kat

Last edited by Katarina; 10-11-2009 at 04:53 PM.
Old 10-11-2009, 05:00 PM   #170  
Happy Vegan

S/C/G: 318.5/Ticker/155

Height: 5.8"

Enjoy the game Ags!

Ive not been so well this week, really really terrible TOM, glad to see the witch is on the way out and I can get back to being "normal" again!

Positive for the day is I had a wardrobe clear out today. Now I hardly have any clothes left But I can see everything that fits me. All the big stuff is all folded up to go to the charity shop tomorrow And I bought a lovely new winter coat on Saturday its a US size 18/20. There is no extra room, but it zips all the way up, doesnt pull and looks good.

Im off to bed now, looking forward to our first snow fall over night though. I love winter!
Old 10-11-2009, 06:43 PM   #171  

Hello, Hello, Hello!
I'm Home Again! Ahh! It feels so good to be back and know that all I have to do is walk to the other room and visit the 3FC. Can't wait for tomorrow morning to start off my day with that Cup O' Joe in one hand and my computer (mouse/keyboard) in the other.
O.K. I did a quick view over the past week or so and all I can say is...
WOW!!!
Everyone has done so well.
Oatmeal- Thank you so much for holding down the fort while I was gone. If I could build my perfect neighborhood it would include you living on my right and Ags living on my left and all the other fine 3FC'rs living right across the street from me. I have jotted down all your recipes. I would like you to send some of that cool weather down my way, we are having record high's in the mid 90's. UGH!!!
nooch-I have missed you so much . You are kickin' A** on the weight loss girl! Keep it up! And congratulations on taking that big step to further your education, I'm happy for you.
Hotwings- Mmmm! Apple jelly! May I place my order please? Hey don't worry about not having anything to say, just say hi if that's all you got. Remember, "Some days are diamonds, some days are stones."
Ags- My true friend, my neighbor, my confidant, my oh, I missed you darling. It sounds like works is going awesomely as is your weigh loss journey. Look at you fitting into those size 26 pants! AWESOME!!! I have faith in God that he will lead Morgan back home. I will pray that it happens soon.
CJ- Less than 100 pounds to go. I am so envious of you and also so happy for you. I can't wait to say the same thing myself. And as long as I have the awesome support of my fellow 3FC'rs I know I will some day.
Maria- WHOA! Wait, hold on there girl. Your gonna shrivel up and just blow away with the wind if you keep losing at that rate. Congratulations!
gothik- Way to go saying no to the bar food. That's some awesome will power baby. Congrats on the 6 pounds WOW!
ggg- I hit 50 last month. Just remember, if you look back on 51, it's only 15.
Rena- Your soooo busy! Slow down, stop and visit for a while.
uclr- Almost into a size 24. AWESOME!!!
Sara- So glad your back and hope all is well with your dad.

Here is a very big hello and welcome to the new friends who have joined us on our 3FC block party.
lostbutstilltrying- Off to a great start, getting into those size 26's.
Katarina- Welcome, welcome. I took a look at your profile and I love the portrait of you leaning on your hands. Very pretty.
bbybear- Welcome to you. Your off to an awesome start.

As for me I had a very busy week. Positives include staying on plan. Exercising a little when my aching bones will allow it. I was also able to get my mom into a senior daycare situation two days a week, so it gives me some "Me time." She seems to enjoy it. Especially since she thinks it was my brothers idea (it was really mine). My mom fights me on everything I try to do for her or try to get her to do, so I asked my brother to present the idea to her and say he found the senior center and thought she would like it. You gotta learn to work around dementia patients.
My DH and son are awesome as usual. I'm still trying to except the fact that my baby will be a teenager next month. I will stop now and catch up some more in the morning. I hope everyone has an awesome evening and remember...

Guardrails Up & Looking Up!

Later - Learn

Old 10-11-2009, 07:08 PM   #172  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Oh my the game is over, and what a shame, we really should have won that game, but no need to cry over spilled milk, time to suck it up and say better next time. Gotta love em' anyway.

Well my Pumpkin smash is in the oven, we shall see, cause one never knows.....LOL

Kat,
oh yes baby, you post and we reply. that is what we are here for, to encourage, praise, root and toot, to keep your spirits up, to make sure you never ever give up, and to give support and to keep youuuuu positive. Are we doing it?????? You did an awesome job at the festival, I may have caved, I love apples, apple butter, applesauce, apple cake, apple jelly (this is a hint to Hottie), apple pie, you name it, I like it. Kudos to you girlie. And then, you knocked it right out of the box with restraint at breakfast, you are the WOMAN!!!!! Then the GYM, girl you are determined, talk about will power dust, send some my way chickie.

Sara,
so sorry you are not feeling well. Learn and I will take out a hit on TOM, and send that witch into orbit!!! Good job on cleaning out and packing up that closet. Can you help me with mine???? Enjoy your sleep and snow in the morning.

Learn,
You are so right, Oats did a great job of guarding the gate while you were gone, but the Official Gatekeeper has returned and I returned your title to you and my Oats will remain second in command of guarding the gate. What would I do without you two.
Your baby is growing up, that is so sweet, a bitter sweet for you I know, I know you will do just fine. Great job also on how you handled the situation with your Mom. You gotta do what you gotta do to make it work. More ME time is awesome, use it well my love. Now rest and I will see you in the AM.

Well daddy has left for Indianna and I am home alone. What's a girl to do??? I am sure I will find something. I will you dolls know how my pumpkin smash turned out.

Later gators,
hugs, love and blessings,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 10-11-2009 at 07:11 PM.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:13 PM   #173  

S/C/G: 340/165/150

Height: 5'5

Learn: Thanks for the compliment!! My hubby is a former professional photographer. He took those photos in September. I was 185 then. My next mini goal is 175 so I can get new pictures done. I'm currently between 178 and 177...so, 2 or 3 more lbs to go before I can post some new pics!

Ags: Thanks for the encouragement! Since you are an apple fan, I'll share the recipe below. (This is currently baking in my oven, actually)

5 medium apples, cored, peeled and sliced thin
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup brown sugar, to taste based on apple tartness (or use brown sugar Splenda)
1 teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
dash salt
dash nutmeg
finely chopped walnuts (optional)

Place cut and peeled apples in a mixing bowl and gently mix all the ingredients together.
Put apples in a non-stick pan, and cook covered for 45 minutes at 375°F.
Stir at least once every 15 minutes.
Once they are soft, cook for another few minutes to thicken the cinnamon sauce. If desired, whole grain oat granola can be sprinkled on top when apples are baked.

I like to put everything into my baking dish and then mix it since there is less to clean up.

This recipe is great with fat free whipped cream or as a topping to oatmeal while hot, or, if chilled is great on top of plain yogurt.

Kat

Edit: Recipe was originally 1/2 c brown sugar. After eating it, I find it didn't need that much and I've changed the amount to 1/3 cup...but it will depend on what apples you use. It was delicious though..I put a bit of light whipped cream and a sprinkle of Go-Lean Crunch on top. I had a cup of skim milk with it...perfect dessert and I got my dairy and fruit in that I needed by the end of the day.

Last edited by Katarina; 10-11-2009 at 09:10 PM.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:37 PM   #174  
starting over again

S/C/G: 361/334/180

Height: 5'5"

One positive thing about me: I did a lot better this weekend, only went over only calories a little bit in spite of a LOT of temptations and I got a 1 mile walk in! that is much better than last weekend.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:02 PM   #175  
Eyes on the Prize

S/C/G: 350/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi there, Sunnyside UP Chicks!

LEARN... OMG.. YOU ARE HERE!!! SO glad to see your bright shiny face in here again. Love reading your posts and glad to have them back! Also glad that you are getting your "me" time back.. that is SO important!

Maria: You are doing awesome! over 11 pounds!!! GREAT job!

Oatmeal: Enjoy those days off, girl! You deserve 'em!

Ags: I have already been assimilated into the meow meow, ruff ruff clan. We have an old cat and a dog of our own. I wish there was a way to send you some apple jelly!!! My only concern is that they are sealed jars, but a lot of jiggling around during shipping might break the seal & it would be spoiled I totally would send you some (you too, Learn!) if it weren't for that!

Katarina: You are kickin booty on that exercise!!! You should be way proud of yourself That recipe looks deeeeeelicious.. I love apples w/cinnamon & brown sugar. I can just smell that baking. Love the wonderful aromas of fall cooking.

lostbutstill: Way to go turning down those temptations! That can be so hard sometimes. You rocked it!

For me: I finished re-organizing my kitchen today. Gotta do it when the time is there! I am so much happier with it. I still hate it, but hate it a lot less. It is WAY too small for this family. I completely kicked butt on my eating today as well, and hopefully all that cleaning, etc in the kitchen burned some cals, too.

Go out and make it a great evening/day and steer clear of those temptations!

Last edited by HotWings; 10-11-2009 at 11:03 PM.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:00 AM   #176  

Good morning friends,
Ah yes, back to my normal morning routine. 3FC and a cup o' joe first thing in the AM. Let me get down to business as usual here.
Personals...
Ags- Home Alone! Actually the sound of that is sweet. Take advantage of the home alone time. It's your you time darling and you deserve it. How did the pumpkin smash turn out?
Katarina- That recipe sounds delish! Isn't Spenda wonderful. Letting us eat things we normally wouldn't dare eat. It's nice having a photographer in the house isn't it. You'll be getting those 175 portraits done real soon, I'm sure. Photography (weddings) I do for a very part time living. My very full time living is taking care of my mother whom has dementia.
lost- Look at you, you walked the mile and stayed close to your calorie range. Keep it going girl, keep it going!
Hotwings- An organized kitchen is a happy kitchen, is what I say! I love an organized kitchen and I hate other people in my kitchen, they never put things back where there suppose to be.
As for me...
I had a great day yesterday, took an extra long nap after church, stayed OP and enjoyed the day with my DH and son. I didn't get my walk in, but that was my choice, it was just too darn hot outside. I may try in the early this morning.

I'd like to get back to adding my little quotes at the end of my morning posts. For today I will add...
"Happiness adds and multiplies as you divide it with others."
Ladies, have a wonderful day and remember...
Guardrails Up & Looking Up!

Later - Learn

Old 10-12-2009, 06:32 AM   #177  
Happy Vegan

Learn, good to see you back! I like the idea of your long nap yesterday! Always good to recharge the batteries! Thanks for asking after my dad, sadly he has to start chemo which means I wont be able to visit for 6 months with my little boy. But on the good side, they begged the doctor and are squeezing in a little trip here before his treatment starts. They are coming on the 22nd and will be here until the 3rd Nov. They will be here for Jaakko's 2nd birthday which is fantastic!

Hotwings, good work on the kitchen! Do you fancy coming to do mine too? I really need to sort of the big food cupboard but its always last on the ever growing list of jobs!

Lost, good work on the walk. A few extra calories once in a while doesnt do any harm at all. And it does do you good to have a little of what you fancy, stops us going nuts

Katarina, wont be long until you get some new pics! The apple recipe sounds good, I love cinnammon! Always smells like Christmas.

Ags, I wish you would kick TOM. Always good to know everything is working as it should be, but why does it need to be so painful? I hope you enjoyed your time alone, what did you do in the end?

As for me, sadly there was no snow this morning, but I live in hope that it may still come later this evening.

Im sticking to the plan today and have just had a yummy filling lunch. I really wanted something sweet so had an apple. Should be squeezing the gym in later unless hubby gets stuck with work.

And Im excited because Christmas is coming! yes I am truely a nutter
Old 10-12-2009, 06:38 AM   #178  

Hello Monday!!

My positive for today is I was just blessed with a 10 hour night of sleep and I am rested ... I am very thankful for this day and I do look forward to all of God's blessings ......

Learn.. so glld to have you back !!! It is wonderful that your brother presented your idea to your mom ... We deal with hubbys parents and they both have dementia plus mom inlaw has cancer .. So I can relate to sort of what your dealing with .. So glad things have gone well for you on your last few weeks on your journey .. I am very proud of you to have stayed focussed and going forward .. I would be delighted to live next door to ya!!! What a dream !!!

Ag....
I am so glad you had a good weekend .. I just love spending my time cooking and baking and planning things .. I have always been a big baker for the holidays . I always bake goodie bags for my friends at work .. Hubby just ordered me 8 pounds of pecans to use in my bread , cakes and cookies I going to make ..
I start my baking and hubby vacume packs it all for me .. That way its all put away and ready to send and I am not grazing on it ....

Hotwings... Girl come on over you can help me orgainize my kitchen mine is very very small .. So glad you kicked (_I_) 0n eatting this weekend!! Hope Monday is a day of success for you!!!

Trying!!! I am so glad your weeke went better .. Hang in there this is a life style change and you will keep getting results !! So glad you take the time to post with us !!! Hugs & Blessings!!

Kata..... Thanks for posting the recipe !! I sure love finding new recipes!! Your picture looks great girl!! Congradulations on your success!! Have a blessed day !!

Sara... Sorry you havent been feeling well .. Girl did you get your first snow fall ????? Hope you have a much better week this week !!!

Maria..... Awesome goood bye 290's forever good bye!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you!!!!

CJ.... Sure hope you have a blessed week today!! Besure and take time and pat your self on the back for your success in your journey!!

Wanted to wish Butterfly, Betty, Nooch , bbybear, Nonabee, GGGirl, to all have a great monday . and share your positives with us !!!

HANDY LITTLE CHART - GOD HAS A POSITIVE ANSWER:

YOU SAY
GOD SAYS
BIBLE VERSES

You say: 'It's impossible'
God says: All things are possible
(Luke 18:27)

You say: 'I'm too tired'
God says: I will give you rest
(Matthew 11:28-30)

You say: 'Nobody really loves me'
God says: I love you
(John 3:1 6 & John 3:34 )

You say: 'I can't go on'
God says: My grace is sufficient
(II Corinthians 12:9 & Psalm 91:15)

You say: 'I can't figure things out'
God says: I will direct your steps
(Proverbs 3:5- 6)

You say: 'I can't do it'
God says: You can do all things
( Philippians 4:13)

You say: 'I'm not able'
God says: I am able
(II Corinthians 9:8)

You say: 'It's not worth it'
God says: It will be worth it
(Roman 8:28 )

You say: 'I can't forgive my self'
God says: I Forgive you
(I John 1:9 & Romans 8:1)

You say: 'I can't manage'
God says: I will supply all your needs
( Phil ippians 4:19)

You say: 'I'm afraid'
God says: I have not given you a spirit of fear
(II Timothy 1:7)

You say: 'I'm always worried and frustrated'
God says: Cast all your cares on ME
(I Peter 5:7)

You say: 'I'm not smart enough'
God says: I give you wisdom
(I Corinthians 1:30)

You say: 'I feel all alone'
God says: I will never leave you or forsake you
(Hebrews 13:5)

The first sentence is pretty powerful!

God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.'

Father, God, bless all my friends in whatever it is that you know they may need this day! And may their lives be full of your peace, prosperity and power as they seek to have a closer relationship with you. Amen.

I recieved this positive in a emailed and just had to share it knowing that it would be a good reminder to some of us...
Have a blessed day Hugs , Oat :-)
Old 10-12-2009, 01:20 PM   #179  
Happy Vegan

Oatmeal, I should imagine you feel great after 10 hours sleep! Sounds like bliss!

But I would just like to interupt this feel good thread with a public announcement:
Snow! Snow! Snow!

We had some snow this afternoon! I was jumping round the kitchen like a little kid. Sadly its sleeting now but it means winter is on the way and Im chuffed to bits!

Ive done my bit at the gym, I can feel my legs are going to be a bit sore tomorrow, I suspect my upper arms will be too. On the plus side there were 2 rather cute men at the gym today I dont mind indulging in a little eye candy once in a while, and its calorie free

Ive ate really well and have a good snack in mind for later. Oh and my hubby said he was proud of the way I can get myself back on track so easily

A rather good day!
Old 10-12-2009, 01:48 PM   #180  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Good afternoon gators and taters,

I took the day off!!! Woooohaaa!!!!!

Kat, new pic's are right around the corner girl, you are doing it and doing it well!! Thank you so much for the apple recipe, that sounds like a weekend winner for my house.

Lots, everyday is a new day with a brand new begining, just think each new day you will do a little better and before you know it, you will be right where you want to be. You are staying focused, staying encouraged and NOT GIVING UP!!! In my book YOU ROCK!!!!!

Hey Hottie, it is okay, I guess I will have to live without your apple jelly, I will try hard not to cry......boo who....boo who.....boo who, well that went well did't it.
Since I cannot have apple jelly, can you come to my house and help me organize my kitchen. It is so sad, I waste money because I buy stuff over and over again that I already have, cause I don't know where I put it, I drive daddy stone nuts!!!!! You are so smart and organized. Also, I am so proud of you and I bet you know why!!!

Learn, back on patrol, oh yeah baby. Got that cup of JOE and COMPUTER and life is good.
Well you asked about my pumpkin smash, it tasted wonderful but I must have done something wrong because it never set up for me and it was supposed to, like a pie filling, but I am going to try it again. Maybe I added to much splenda, wonder could that have done it.
I love it that you and Oats post quotes, they help to keep me focused on what's really important in life and then I share them, I post alot of them on Facebook to share the joy.

Sara, I will be keeping your in-laws and your dad lifted up in prayer. I am like you, I LOVE CHRISTMAS AND GETTING READY FOR IT. Sorry you did not get the snow, but hey the day is not over yet. Oh yes the smells of Christmas are so comforting, they just give of peace and joy in our hearts. Hope you make it to the gym and have a super fantastic day.

Oats, the White Chicken Chili is on the stove as we speak and the house is smelling some kinds of good. I am expecting neighbors to be a knockin' soon. I stole a taste and it is ummmmm ummmmm good!!! Another winner babe. Gotta work on that pumpkin smash, I must have done something wrong. Tomorrow it will be the Pig Pinwheels, oh yeah baby.
Oh my goodness, that was just what I needed, all of God's Positive Answers. I am going to post that on Facebook, I believe so many will benefit from it. Thank you so much for sharing that. I know without a shadow of a doubt that you are having a fantastic, positive filled day, and touching lives all around you. YOU ROCK!!!

CJ, my love, what's shakin'??? How did the gym or Y go? How is that fantastic man of yours??? Have you set a date yet???? CJ, I really miss your stories, can you tell me one please, or just tell us the Octopus story again, I laughed till I peed remember??? those were the days baby, you always had be rollin.

Sending out love to Shia, Mainah, Thighs, Bite, Dolphin, Nonna, Dgram, where are you, all of my homegirls. Sending out hugs and love to all of our other MIA's. Please know you are in my prayers everyday, I may not get to call each name, but you all are in my heart.

Well that is all for now, see you on the flip side.
Hugs, love and many blessings,
Ags

Sara, you see, it snowed just for you, enjoy it girl, and you did make it to the gym You rock!! Your post came as I was typing.

Last edited by colormerd47; 10-12-2009 at 02:00 PM.
Closed Thread